daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old November 26th, 2012, 07:46 PM   #1001
Trnovo

Likes (Received): 52

Yeah, that's huge! I hope they do a timelapse, just like they did with the hotel
Trnovo no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old November 26th, 2012, 11:06 PM   #1002
luhai

Likes (Received): 422

Here is the news report from Local TV, including interview with the project manager at Broad Corp.

http://tv.people.com.cn/n/2012/1124/...-19685945.html

For those of you who can't speak Chinese, here is the gist

-the lot has just been purchased at ~300 Million Yuan. But no construction prep work they

- The geotech survey and environmental review has completed, but still pending audit by government agency

- The city government is still working on transpiration, services and infrastructure to the site. The project will not be approve unless these work has been completed. (otherwise, you'll have a tower has no water, electricity or transportation)

- The design work is still going on, and it has not been approved either internally or externally

- The project engineer has said on camera, that the project will NOT start now, nor will it be completed 3 month from now.

And with that, I think it's the media that has taken the rather optimistic press release from a year ago and run with it since it's close to the stated deadline now, but didn't bother to check with updates. (or they can't due to language barrier) Which I guess is also the reason why they are still using the old rendering.
luhai no está en línea  
Old November 26th, 2012, 11:28 PM   #1003
The Shard Baby
Future architect

Likes (Received): 2308

That's odd as it looks like they are already making the sections:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Y00RwsHw5G...yscrapers3.jpg
Sorry if this has been posted before.
I have made a structure diagram of tower and I will post it on Saturday.
The Shard Baby's YouTube channel
Visit The Shard Baby 1998's Flickr:
The Shard Baby 1998 Flickr

Kingdom Tower LIVE cam
The Shard Baby no está en línea  
Old November 26th, 2012, 11:32 PM   #1004
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8241

Quote:
Originally Posted by luhai View Post
Here is the news report from Local TV, including interview with the project manager at Broad Corp.

-the lot has just been purchased at ~300 Million Yuan. But no construction prep work they

- The geotech survey and environmental review has completed, but still pending audit by government agency

- The city government is still working on transpiration, services and infrastructure to the site. The project will not be approve unless these work has been completed. (otherwise, you'll have a tower has no water, electricity or transportation)

- The design work is still going on, and it has not been approved either internally or externally

- The project engineer has said on camera, that the project will NOT start now, nor will it be completed 3 month from now.

And with that, I think it's the media that has taken the rather optimistic press release from a year ago and run with it since it's close to the stated deadline now, but didn't bother to check with updates. (or they can't due to language barrier) Which I guess is also the reason why they are still using the old rendering.
minute 2:02 visible:
roof height: 737m
KillerZavatar no está en línea  
Old November 26th, 2012, 11:35 PM   #1005
The Shard Baby
Future architect

Likes (Received): 2308

So that makes each floor an average of 3.35 metres tall and a 101 metre spire!
The Shard Baby's YouTube channel
Visit The Shard Baby 1998's Flickr:
The Shard Baby 1998 Flickr

Kingdom Tower LIVE cam
The Shard Baby no está en línea  
Old November 27th, 2012, 01:18 AM   #1006
djidma11

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
minute 2:02 visible:
roof height: 737m
Thanks for the news I am sad for Dubaï looool,roof 737m but world's tallest because of a spire of 101m...
djidma11 no está en línea  
Old November 27th, 2012, 01:22 AM   #1007
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6528

Quote:
Originally Posted by djidma11

Thanks for the news I am sad for Dubaï looool,roof 737m but world's tallest because of a spire of 101m...
The spire of Burj Khalifa isn't small too
ZZ-II no está en línea  
Old November 27th, 2012, 01:47 AM   #1008
djidma11

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
The spire of Burj Khalifa isn't small too
Agree I saw that Burj Khalifa's roof is 739m,so the spire is 89m!It doesn't look so tall
Congratulations to Changsha
djidma11 no está en línea  
Old November 27th, 2012, 01:59 AM   #1009
skyridgeline

Likes (Received): 1203

Quote:

A lot of people are against this project for various economic reasons. But I think this project is being backed up at the highest level in Beijing.

BSB's 'initiatives' and marketing are used to tear down obstacles as well. If necessary, Beijing may step in.
skyridgeline no está en línea  
Old November 27th, 2012, 04:38 AM   #1010
luhai

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyridgeline View Post
A lot of people are against this project for various economic reasons. But I think this project is being backed up at the highest level in Beijing.

BSB's 'initiatives' and marketing are used to tear down obstacles as well. If necessary, Beijing may step in.
Remember Beijing is currently in sensitive times, no one over there dares to make a wrong move for now.
luhai no está en línea  
Old November 27th, 2012, 04:40 AM   #1011
luhai

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shard Baby View Post
That's odd as it looks like they are already making the sections:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Y00RwsHw5G...yscrapers3.jpg
Sorry if this has been posted before.
I have made a structure diagram of tower and I will post it on Saturday.
They can pre-fabricate, but they can't start building (assembling?) until all approvals are cleared. I believe the company is ready to built it right now, but the government is holding them back for reviews. it's one thing to build a 30 story hotel, it's quite another to build the tallest building in the world. Also the license plate on the truck is from henan, instead of hunan. So the picture may not be true. short haul trucking typically don't get out their province without re-plating due to fees.

edit
Also in the past projects, since both the owner and fabricator are the same company. They are the doing the inspections themselves, this time, perhaps government might institute a third party for on site inspection. If that's the case, then 90 day construction time is pipe dream. Third party reviewer don't care about schedule, but do care about their behind when they stamp the inspection papers.

Last edited by luhai; November 27th, 2012 at 04:55 AM.
luhai no está en línea  
Old November 27th, 2012, 10:25 PM   #1012
skyridgeline

Likes (Received): 1203

Quote:
Remember Beijing is currently in sensitive times, no one over there dares to make a wrong move for now.
Or it is time to make a move! Who dares to show his/her face publicly to speak against this project?

Quote:
They can pre-fabricate, but they can't start building (assembling?) until all approvals are cleared. I believe the company is ready to built it right now, but the government is holding them back for reviews. it's one thing to build a 30 story hotel, it's quite another to build the tallest building in the world. Also the license plate on the truck is from henan, instead of hunan. So the picture may not be true. short haul trucking typically don't get out their province without re-plating due to fees.

edit
Also in the past projects, since both the owner and fabricator are the same company. They are the doing the inspections themselves, this time, perhaps government might institute a third party for on site inspection. If that's the case, then 90 day construction time is pipe dream. Third party reviewer don't care about schedule, but do care about their behind when they stamp the inspection papers.

Maybe there are not enough trucks in Hunan .

Third party inspection is a good idea - but why this time because of this project? Anyhow, 'third party reviewer' will have no impact on the schedule.

The scheduling for this method/type of construction is not a rush. It is just simply a better way of building/making things.
skyridgeline no está en línea  
Old November 28th, 2012, 02:29 AM   #1013
spotila
SSC Mapper

Likes (Received): 221

Peach Trees Towers anyone ^_^?

Old November 28th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #1014
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2916

The Burj Dubaï overtaken in March 2013 ?

Old November 28th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #1015
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

It is not going to happen, not by March 2013 ... I even doubt it would happen by 31 December 2013
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea  
Old November 28th, 2012, 06:27 PM   #1016
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

to complete that project in 90 days is just a vision...the reality looks totally different.
ZZ-II no está en línea  
Old November 28th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #1017
TheZoolooMaster

Likes (Received): 181

This is the reality. Does it look totally different?

TheZoolooMaster no está en línea  
Old November 28th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #1018
KamT
Filmmaker

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
It is not going to happen, not by March 2013 ... I even doubt it would happen by 31 December 2013
Too bad we're all gonna die on Dec 21 so this building has no chance of being built! haha!
Old November 28th, 2012, 11:59 PM   #1019
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Maybe you commoners ... I'm eternal, I'm immortal
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea  
Old November 29th, 2012, 12:59 AM   #1020
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZoolooMaster View Post

This is the reality. Does it look totally different?

that's just a small highrise here. Between building 20 floors and 220 is a massive difference.
So yes, the reality for the 220 floors version is definitely different i would say.

I don't say it's impossible to build, but definitely not with that speed and lightness as all the articles are stating.
ZZ-II no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
changsha, china, sky city