daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old May 13th, 2013, 08:59 AM   #1281
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julito-dubai View Post
http://www.gaoloumi.com/viewthread.p...age%3D4&page=2

The new Changsha Planning Exhibition Hall. Looks like they build something REALLY BIG! up to 700 m + which does not seem to be J220 or in the Meixi area.
hope to hear more about it soon
ZZ-II no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2013, 01:42 PM   #1282
:jax:

Likes (Received): 521

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiYon View Post
The thumb rule says no balcony above 6 storey because of wind pressure.
What rule of thumb is that? Most balconies are above the 6th story.
:jax: no está en línea  
Old May 13th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #1283
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8243

can't see the pistures on there =/

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
KillerZavatar no está en línea  
Old May 13th, 2013, 11:19 PM   #1284
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Works fine to me. You have to be logged in though to see them.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea  
Old May 14th, 2013, 12:04 AM   #1285
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

okay logged in with qq, now i can see it as well, looks like quite some supertall projects are coming. the tallest one looks like the erqi tower in wuhan. very conceptual

Old May 14th, 2013, 01:11 AM   #1286
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiYon View Post
Did I saw the video right? The open air roof garden at above 600m heigh? (2:31). The thumb rule says no balcony above 6 storey because of wind pressure. Or China has a different climate?
Not really sure which part of the world, or which world are you come from. But there is absolutely no such rule that says no balcony above a certain number of floors, let alone 6 stories. Plenty of 40+ stories apartment buildings have open balconies, Empire State Building has an open observation deck on top.
Old May 14th, 2013, 01:16 AM   #1287
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Maybe he meant 60...?

Still, you can build balconies pretty high with no issues.

ThatOneGuy no está en línea  
Old May 14th, 2013, 01:20 AM   #1288
HRP4Life

Likes (Received): 81

This thread is still alive!
HRP4Life no está en línea  
Old May 14th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #1289
SkYsCrApEr2013
The AlphaWolf of the Pack

Likes (Received): 2083

btw, if they build this at all, when are they going to start it?

SkYsCrApEr2013 no está en línea  
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:53 PM   #1290
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkYsCrApEr2013 View Post
btw, if they build this at all, when are they going to start it?
noone knows for sure. but it is quite realistical to assume, that if they ever start they will first see how their apparent testing structure and maybe the 400m one in yinchuan works out.

Old May 14th, 2013, 10:30 PM   #1291
zerghunter

Likes (Received): 2

It's too bad we don't know when that video was taken. It would be nice to have some idea of how fast construction of that building is progressing.
zerghunter no está en línea  
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:10 PM   #1292
Amastroi2017
The Power Of Roof Height

Likes (Received): 112

We actually do know that information. Construction started on that building (whatever building that actually is) at the beginning of March. So it is two and a half months into construction. The only thing is that we can't tell is how high it is now based on the video and of course we don't know what building it is.

Three possibilities in my mind, a test building for Sky City, the Yuanda Tower in Yinchuan, or it could actually be Sky City itself.

The base however seems too small of a footprint in order to be the actual Sky City.

Amastroi2017 no está en línea  
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:21 PM   #1293
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

and location is wrong to be the one in yinchuan since we got pictures before and the forumers stated it was in changsha

Old May 15th, 2013, 12:00 AM   #1294
zerghunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amastroi2017 View Post

We actually do know that information. Construction started on that building (whatever building that actually is) at the beginning of March. So it is two and a half months into construction. The only thing is that we can't tell is how high it is now based on the video and of course we don't know what building it is.

Three possibilities in my mind, a test building for Sky City, the Yuanda Tower in Yinchuan, or it could actually be Sky City itself.

The base however seems too small of a footprint in order to be the actual Sky City.
We don't really know when that video was taken though. Although I guess it would make sense for Broad to use recent footage of the tower for their promotional video.
Old May 15th, 2013, 12:22 AM   #1295
SkYsCrApEr2013
The AlphaWolf of the Pack

Likes (Received): 2083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amastroi2017 View Post

If it's under construction, then why does it still say proposed (if it's the actual sky city j220?)?

SkYsCrApEr2013 no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2013, 12:24 AM   #1296
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6530

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
and location is wrong to be the one in yinchuan since we got pictures before and the forumers stated it was in changsha
Yes. The big question now is: how tall will this thing be?

One is for sure: It's not Sky City itself.
The building is indeed too small for it, but for a tower with half of the height it could fit well.
The wide of this building U/C looks between 50m and 60m to me. Sky City will be over 100m wide.

Last edited by ZZ-II; May 15th, 2013 at 12:29 AM.
ZZ-II no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2013, 12:41 AM   #1297
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

what makes me wonder is, that they did not announce a building. if this was more than a test structure they would have announced it for the whole world to hear, they like attention after all. so my bet would be it is just testing. that it is close to their headquarters plays in as well.

Old May 15th, 2013, 12:44 AM   #1298
patrykus

True, it looks pretty big by the proportions. As for the date when the video was taken although we don't know exactly there is a date on the beginning that says April 2013. So what we see in the video could be u/c from month to two months. If I would guess I'd say one month excluding foundation. Generally I'm glad it's progressing. More progress they make more people will see it feasible but of course there will always be some naysayers who knows better. Not that I'm fully convinced yet but let them build 400m structure and I say they're pretty serious about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
what makes me wonder is, that they did not announce a building. if this was more than a test structure they would have announced it for the whole world to hear, they like attention after all. so my bet would be it is just testing. that it is close to their headquarters plays in as well.
I'm pretty sure it's not The Tower yet, earlier in this thread when the first pictures were posted in march someone even deducted that by the shape it could the be top portion of the sky city.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old May 15th, 2013, 12:50 AM   #1299
zerghunter

It's definitely not the main tower. Other than the main one though, they don't really have a history of announcing buildings in advance. I don't think they announced the 15 or 30 story buildings until they were completed.
Old May 15th, 2013, 01:00 AM   #1300
patrykus

Yes that's why we think it's not the main tower. Although they most likely will announce the final tower in advance. Hell they even did that when they wasn't building it

Closed Thread

Tags
changsha, china, sky city