daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old May 17th, 2013, 06:25 AM   #1321
windowsoftheworld

Likes (Received): 171

This building would be a sight to behold honestly, i hope i get to see it come to life.
windowsoftheworld no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2013, 10:28 AM   #1322
luhai

Likes (Received): 422

The area sited by Sky City is currently a wetland, and project got bad press for it. There are calls to turn to area into a wetland park which will be more beneficial for the people. (There is another wetland park in Changsha, which has became a fairly popular destination for bird watchers). You can also get a few snippets of current construction progress from the article. Personally, I think a wild life preserve / park near the city is not a bad idea. China needs more parks, not buildings. The article appears in Xiaoxiang Morning News, a fairly widely read newspaper in Hunan.

http://www.xxcb.com.cn/show.asp?id=1230168

Quote:
“鸟都是等来的,追是追不到”,据说为长沙最早拍鸟人之一的向萍说。大泽湖也是向萍最早发现的鸟点。2008年夏天,向萍和湘雅附二医院的刘医生,两个女的,去大泽湖拍水雉,在这里拍到五六只水雉。水雉是一种夏候鸟,五六月份从南方飞来,迁徙到大泽湖找食物,水雉主要吃芡实,大泽湖有几片人工种植的芡实。

但它已走到巨变前夜,也许要不了多久可能变成我们熟悉的样子,曾经在其他地方看到过的那种公园、湖面、水塘。

“去年6月,30多台机器围着湖钻了半个月,勘探到40米以下是麻石”,“还有直升飞机在湖上飞了一圈”,像当地其他村民一样,在自家菜地里施肥的唐军山津津乐道着那座将建在大泽湖边的“传说中的空中城市”,“有220层高,600多米”,“世界第一高楼”,唐乐此不疲,边用长瓢往地里浇粪水,边对我描述。三年前他的房子被征收,如今住在金星北路大泽湖边的安置房里,村里的大多数村民房子和地皆被征收完,但唐家里还剩五六亩地,由于种水稻不挣钱,近两年已改作种菜,自己吃不完的用来卖,“好多人都买我的菜,说我的菜是用农家肥种的,比较甜,好吃些”。

4月18日,我碰到一位当地的年轻人,穿着防水衣,下到长满水草的湖边沼泽,扒开草往里面放钓钩,据说这样可捕获鳝鱼。说起因征地而上访的人。据称,近几年村民投入建新房的资金超过几百万,等着征收后获得更高补偿,“赚钱”,如果满意补偿款数额,村民并不反对修高楼,反而希望被征收,成为城市中的一员。

改变每天都在发生,从四五天前开始,每天晚上渣土车连夜作业,将附近山里一个新开发的楼盘挖出的土往湖边填出一条路,现在已铺出一条黄土路面,快到建高楼的地方了。有村民在新铺出的路边种西瓜,准备卖给未来施工的工人,还想种菜和香瓜出售。

湖边有鸭子,据说“鸭子什么都吃,养鸭子的地方寸草不生”,湖边的农家乐是去年新搞的,从那个方向传来杀猪声。湖旁有一家水泥板制作厂,厂里的陈女士告诉我们,今年的鸟变少了,“没有去年多”,而在秋葭的眼里,非但是大泽湖,整个长沙市的鸟都是一年比一年少。

事实上,随着大泽湖人为干预因素越来越强,在湖边种地的农民渐少,种芡实的区域也越来越少,“但也还有”, “如果开发成通常我们看到的那种公园或水面,芡实就会完全消失,水雉没有食物来源,就不会来了”。

如果这片湿地消失,对夏候鸟的影响非常大,因为它们停留的时间较长,要停留几个月,在这里找食物,而冬候鸟只是过境,虽然向萍说“鸟类总会找到适合自己的环境的,它们的适应能力比较强,人多的地方,有时候也有很多鸟,它们没办法”。但面对这片“最典型、完整”的湿地正面临着的急转直下的人类活动,在国家机关上班的秋葭还是建议, “湿地要适当进行一些保护,人类活动还是有一些影响,可能会导致其功能退化”。
Google translate
Quote:
The birds are such as to chase fail to recover, said Changsha's first shot one of the birds to the Ping said. Osawa Lake is the earliest known bird point to Ping. In the summer of 2008, Dr. Liu Ping and attached to the Second Xiangya Hospital, two woman to Daze Lake shoot Pheasant-tailed Jacana, Pheasant-tailed Jacana photographed here fifty-six. Pheasant-tailed Jacana is a summer migratory birds coming from the south, five or six months, migrate to Osawa lake looking for food, Pheasant-tailed Jacana eat Gorgon Daze Lake the few slices planted Gorgon.

But it has come to the eve of great changes, can not be far may become like we are familiar with, have seen elsewhere the kind of park, lake, pond.

In June last year, more than 30 machine around the lake drill two weeks, exploration to 40 meters below the granite "," helicopter fly on the lake in a circle ", like other local villagers, in their own dishes ground fertilization Tangjun Hill relish tall will be built in the the Daze lake legendary air city "," 220-storey, more than 600 meters, the world's tallest building ", Tang bored with side long ladle pouring manure into the ground, while I described. Three years ago, his house was imposed, and now live in the the Venus North Osawa lake resettlement room, most of the villagers of the village houses and land were levied finished, but Don left home five or six acres of land, due to the kinds of rice do not make money, the past two years, have been converted to grow vegetables, and eat their own to sell, "a lot of people to buy my food, my food with manure species, sweet, delicious some.

April 18, I met a local young man, wearing waterproof clothing, down to the lake and marsh covered with water plants, clawed the grasses fill it up hook, is said to capture the eel. Said due to land acquisition and petition. Said that in recent years, villagers investment funds to build a new house for more than a few million, waiting for higher compensation levy, "money", if satisfied with the amount of compensation, the villagers do not object to repair high-rise buildings, but want to be levied, a city in one.

Change every day in the event, four days before the start, every night muck truck overnight job, the nearby mountains, a new real estate development excavated soil to fill the lake path through a loess road is now paved, fast to the place of the high-rise building. There are watermelons villagers in the newly paved roadside to sell to construction workers in the future, would like to grow vegetables and melons sale.

Lake ducks, is said to "duck eat anything, raising ducks barren lake farmhouse last year to engage in, butcher sound coming from that direction. Beside the lake with a cement board production plant factory Chan told us that fewer birds this year, more than last year ", in the eyes of autumn Jia's not just Lake Osawa, Changsha City Bird become less and less year after year.

In fact, with the Lakers Osawa intervention factors growing farmers farming in the lake have become rare, species Gorgon area less and less, "but there are" "If developed when you see to the kind of park or water, the Gorgon will completely disappear, Pheasant-tailed Jacana is not a source of food, they will not come.

If this piece of wetlands disappear, the impact of summer migratory birds is very large, because the longer they stay, to stay a few months, to find food here, and winter birds just passing through, to Ping said the birds always find suitable for them environment, and their ability to adapt to relatively strong, crowded places, and sometimes there are a lot of birds, they can not ". But the face of this "the most typical, complete" the wet ground is faced with the rapid deterioration of the human activities, to work in the state organs autumn reed or recommendations, wetlands to be appropriate some protection, or human activities have some impact, may result in the functional degradation ".

Last edited by luhai; May 17th, 2013 at 10:56 AM.
luhai no está en línea  
Old May 17th, 2013, 06:11 PM   #1323
Victhor
Que paza!!!

Likes (Received): 1704

This architecture blog in spanish: http://blog.is-arquitectura.es/2013/...-sky-city-one/, claims that the assembling will start next June, it will take 3 months, the foundation works have already started, and those shoots of a construction is from a real scale model. They call the tower "Sky City One".
I've done some research and i've found similar news in english (already posted some posts above): http://www.treehugger.com/modular-de...ound-june.html
Quote:
Broad Sustainable Construction informs us that a long and arduous approval process has been completed, and that they are starting excavation and construction on Sky CIty in June, 2013.

Last edited by Victhor; May 17th, 2013 at 06:21 PM.
Victhor no está en línea  
Old May 17th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #1324
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Sky City One?

sounds realistic. if build it probably won't be the last Tower like that build.
ZZ-II no está en línea  
Old May 18th, 2013, 10:01 AM   #1325
skyridgeline

Likes (Received): 1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by luhai View Post
The area sited by Sky City is currently a wetland, and project got bad press for it. ...

Google translate
Most of Changsha is on 'wetland' .

One of the main selling points for Sky City is the preservation of natural wetland !

by ★笑面龍★

Vs.

Wikipedia
skyridgeline no está en línea  
Old May 18th, 2013, 07:36 PM   #1326
urishab

Likes (Received): 229

Exact location

Has anyone been able to pinpoint Sky city exact location?
From the latest movie (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvX40RHW81w) it looks like it should be possible to find the area precisely.
urishab no está en línea  
Old May 18th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #1327
skyridgeline

Quote:
Originally Posted by urishab View Post
Has anyone been able to pinpoint Sky city exact location?
From the latest movie (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvX40RHW81w) it looks like it should be possible to find the area precisely.

Where the green arrow is at in the links below.

Google map view:

https://maps.google.ca/maps?vpsrc=6&...99&z=9&iwloc=A

https://maps.google.ca/maps?vpsrc=0&...6&z=11&iwloc=A

Google satellite view:
https://maps.google.ca/maps?ll=28.32...65,+112.901216

SkYsCrApEr2013 liked this post
Old May 19th, 2013, 12:46 PM   #1328
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15913

So they chose not only the wrong city, but also the wrong location.

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea  
Old May 19th, 2013, 03:44 PM   #1329
China Hand

Likes (Received): 161

This one is, more than another other, a case of: "I will believe it when it begins to rise above ground level". Even then, the final height will be a mystery until T/O.
China Hand no está en línea  
Old May 19th, 2013, 09:01 PM   #1330
Eazypwn

Likes (Received): 23

WTF is that ?

https://maps.google.ca/maps?ll=28.30....panoramio.all
Eazypwn no está en línea  
Old May 19th, 2013, 10:54 PM   #1331
Damo
Damien McBarron

Likes (Received): 437

Google Earth Model

Hello

While searching Trimble's 3D Warehouse to see if Someone's created a model of Kingdom Tower in Jeddah, I found this (done by The same modeller that has done a model of Kingdom Tower)

Here's The Models Web Page
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...ca3231&ct=mdsa

Old May 20th, 2013, 12:34 PM   #1332
kierong

Likes (Received): 0

http://beijingcream.com/2013/05/chan...lest-building/
kierong no está en línea  
Old May 20th, 2013, 07:57 PM   #1333
China Hand

Likes (Received): 161

I think this can be built and here are my reasons:

Take a look at the most recent models and renders, skyridgelines wiki image, let's guesstimate the height of the core minus the wires and spire.

The second step back is ~400m and that puts the top core at about 725m and 110m or so of spire/antenna/whatever.

Thus the structure is only 700-725m in height and that can be done. This would be only a small incremental increase in core height over existing and U/C mega-talls.

Slapping an antenna on top (here we go again!) could easily get it to exceed BK and that may be what they did.

I think they can do this, but not in 90 days.
China Hand no está en línea  
Old May 21st, 2013, 01:06 AM   #1334
Wigz

Likes (Received): 29

I could see a floor a day at the fastest.
Old May 21st, 2013, 01:36 AM   #1335
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Likes (Received): 300

Same. Broad just needs the time to manufacture everything and we're off. Of course the comments bely the typical ignorant perspective of most non-skyscraper fans but that's expected. Standards would probably be even tighter with factory-built since if it doesn't fit, it and every piece like it, wouldn't fit - a bad case.

Sure China gets the bad rap (for a fair amount of good reason) of having both quality and substandard junk. But then again really almost everything is built there and would be the same for any country, really.

As was said, if this is somewhere in the 700m range to roof, it's a push but not so much so that it can't be done. Even if they had a skylobby at every setback (so 3+ Lobby), that would make it very doable.

I wish them the best in constructing this thing should it go ahead!
The-Real-Link no está en línea  
Old May 21st, 2013, 02:33 AM   #1336
Wigz

Likes (Received): 29

If this works, it'll be a revolution in engineering, and in a country like China that is so thirsty to build upwards, this will fuel a lot of building!

KillerZavatar liked this post
Wigz no está en línea  
Old May 21st, 2013, 10:05 PM   #1337
ILITS

Likes (Received): 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigz View Post
If this works, it'll be a revolution in engineering, and in a country like China that is so thirsty to build upwards, this will fuel a lot of building!
Just imagine whole city of this monsters! You can just disappear in its bowels.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 12:25 AM   #1338
skyridgeline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILITS View Post
Just imagine whole city of this monsters! You can just disappear in its bowels.
I would think that's what the Europeans in the early 1900s were saying about New York City then.

A project like Sky City will reduce real estate scarcities and therefore reduce real estate prices. Remember, most of the real estate speculations/hoardings are very profitable because of scarcities. Chinese cities won't be burried in supertalls - but may be littered with 'clusters' of supertalls.

Note that Sky City will have 17 acres of 'parklands' surrounding the building.

An example of an acre ( in red ):

Wikipedia
Old May 22nd, 2013, 01:03 AM   #1339
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Likes (Received): 300

It just looks so much like a utopian dream that I'm sure a few of us might have had. The city is just supertalls surrounded by beautiful parkland. Not tons of sprawl; just enough space for living and comfort.

Even if they're going to have some delay in terms of the tennant contracts, I'd think that barring super high prices, the average Chinese would snap these apartments up quickly. From my understanding it seems that while many Chinese are in cities, many are also in rural / poor areas not unlike any larger country. If these are quality apartments that are a significant step up for the average person, that's great for Broad and great for the tenants.

Not sure how common it is in China but while most in the US wouldn't be too fond of giving up their acrage and homes / space, there are still many, many places in the world where towers like this would be a much-needed solution. Again I hope Broad can go ahead with this sooner or later as it's wonderful.
The-Real-Link no está en línea  
Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:28 AM   #1340
skyridgeline

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Real-Link View Post
It just looks so much like a utopian dream that I'm sure a few of us might have had. The city is just supertalls surrounded by beautiful parkland. Not tons of sprawl; just enough space for living and comfort.

Even if they're going to have some delay in terms of the tennant contracts, I'd think that barring super high prices, the average Chinese would snap these apartments up quickly. From my understanding it seems that while many Chinese are in cities, many are also in rural / poor areas not unlike any larger country. If these are quality apartments that are a significant step up for the average person, that's great for Broad and great for the tenants.

Not sure how common it is in China but while most in the US wouldn't be too fond of giving up their acrage and homes / space, there are still many, many places in the world where towers like this would be a much-needed solution. Again I hope Broad can go ahead with this sooner or later as it's wonderful.
The overall servicing and maintenance costs will be much lower compared to a typical town of say ... 15 000 people. In the U.S., it could possibly mean lower taxes as well !

Closed Thread

Tags
changsha, china, sky city