daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old January 22nd, 2011, 02:08 PM   #121
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8243

i really hope they will not completally look the same though

Highcliff liked this post
KillerZavatar no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2011, 04:30 PM   #122
djm160190

Likes (Received): 763

A 666m that can be built in 6 months?! And there might be 4 of them?! Is this a joke?! I can't imagine that they will be that interesting architecturally...the building in the video was just a box really. Seems a bit of a strange project.

djm160190 no está en línea  
Old January 22nd, 2011, 05:25 PM   #123
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2626

It's supposed to be 100% functional, not a piece of artistic architecture.

droneriot está en línea ahora  
Old January 22nd, 2011, 05:34 PM   #124
dutchsnookerfan

Likes (Received): 9

they gone mad again lol 666m for 200fl is not oke to.

dutchsnookerfan no está en línea  
Old January 23rd, 2011, 08:20 PM   #125
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Quote:
Originally Posted by droneriot View Post
It's supposed to be 100% functional, not a piece of artistic architecture.
everything that is over 600m high needs to be design nicely though, it still can be box like, but cladding and style needs to be unique for it to be accepted

Old January 24th, 2011, 07:30 PM   #126
Influence
Let's learn to survive!

Likes (Received): 2006

It sucks. Shitty!! :

Influence no está en línea  
Old January 26th, 2011, 06:16 AM   #127
boschb
boschb

Likes (Received): 31

until some more information

boschb no está en línea  
Old January 29th, 2011, 02:51 PM   #128
mightygoose

Likes (Received): 10

You guys really seem to be missing the point on this.

[linkie]

The 200-storey (600-meter-high) building is expected to rank as the world's second-tallest building after the Burj Khalifa skyscraper in Dubai (828m) when it is completed. The building, which uses a new construction material and a basic steel structure, will be able to accommodate up to 110,000 people at a time. The structure can be factory-produced within four months, and the whole installation can be finished in two months. Zhang Yue, president of China's Broad Industrial Group said "We are very confident this will work because we've conducted a lot of experiments and we expect to complete construction by next year (2011 from an October 2010 statement)"

mightygoose no está en línea  
Old January 29th, 2011, 03:28 PM   #129
dutchsnookerfan

Likes (Received): 9

So this will be the first skyscraper built of Board haha.

dutchsnookerfan no está en línea  
Old January 29th, 2011, 04:56 PM   #130
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Another video of this method. On this one you can clearly see that its fast not only because they use prefabricated parts but also because they put all needed materials on these parts before they move them to theyrs destination so cranes don't have to do the job again. Very interesting

patrykus no está en línea  
Old January 29th, 2011, 05:26 PM   #131
hkhui
Norway, China

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Another video of this method. On this one you can clearly see that its fast not only because they use prefabricated parts but also because they put all needed materials on these parts before they move them to theyrs destination so cranes don't have to do the job again. Very interesting

Wow.. Perhaps the idea of Sky City being built in 2 months isn't that remote after all.

hkhui no está en línea  
Old January 30th, 2011, 04:25 AM   #132
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Interesting process that looks OK for a 6 level structure ...

A 200 level structure in 2 months ... seems more a pipe dream than anything. They claim high earthquake resistance which is for this 6 level building. To say that will equate to a 200 level with these mechano style prefab pieces is not sensible - let alone supporting large self-climbing cranes off the side of it.

I like the idea of a project this size built with 5 years construction time and certainly not with this process.

Ray.

Fury no está en línea  
Old January 30th, 2011, 01:44 PM   #133
hkhui
Norway, China

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
Hi all.

Interesting process that looks OK for a 6 level structure ...

A 200 level structure in 2 months ... seems more a pipe dream than anything. They claim high earthquake resistance which is for this 6 level building. To say that will equate to a 200 level with these mechano style prefab pieces is not sensible - let alone supporting large self-climbing cranes off the side of it.

I like the idea of a project this size built with 5 years construction time and certainly not with this process.

Ray.
You don't think they have taken the scaling into account? I don't know the engineers behind this firm, but I am pretty sure they have taken that into account.. You think they are stupid?

I, for one, welcome this process. It would help solving the housing problem in China.

hkhui no está en línea  
Old January 30th, 2011, 02:12 PM   #134
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

I'm sure they aren't stupid. But the question you should ask is if they are actually serious They may just testing market or trying to promote theyr brand. One is for sure. The method shown on the movies rather can't be used in 600m tower without any improvements. I think it should have some strong core or at least supercolumns as those used in shanghai tower for excample. If they are going to do this they will have to think about it, but then again, is this possible to construct solid concrete core fast enough to rise whole tower in 2 months? We'll se in one year.

patrykus no está en línea  
Old January 30th, 2011, 04:53 PM   #135
hkhui
Norway, China

The chairman behind the company lecturing in the U.S.

The company's presentation of Sky City, incl. specs and drawings.
http://www.broad.com:8089/english/down/en_sky_city.pdf

The company's presentation of their general business idea.
http://www.broad.com:8089/english/down/en_kj.pdf

hkhui no está en línea  
Old January 30th, 2011, 04:56 PM   #136
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15921

Yuanda isn't precisely an unknown company trying to promote itself with random proposals.

They've been involved in very serious stuff including international projects: Moscow Federation Tower, Moscow Mercury City Tower, Tokyo Cocoon Tower, etc. They have some stuff in Dubai too. And tons of projects in China, of course.

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.

z0rg no está en línea  
Old January 30th, 2011, 07:49 PM   #137
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

i really hope their plans work out. it may revolutionate engineering on a scale we can only imagine

Old January 30th, 2011, 07:54 PM   #138
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2626

The Tokyo Sky Tree is almost the same height when completed, and it is also made entirely of prefabricated steel parts, yet, as we know, it took a lot more than two months for it to be built. So while I can imagine that a building made from prefabricated steel parts can go faster than traditional construction, I cannot imagine a 666m tower being erected in two months. It's just not realistic, and I will only believe it if I see it.

droneriot está en línea ahora  
Old January 31st, 2011, 12:11 AM   #139
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkhui View Post
You don't think they have taken the scaling into account? I don't know the engineers behind this firm, but I am pretty sure they have taken that into account.. You think they are stupid?

I, for one, welcome this process. It would help solving the housing problem in China.
Hi hkhui.

No one is saying they are stupid, but neither are many of us here. I agree with you this would be good for the housing issues in China.

They could build a guyed mast in 2 months or less - not a 3/8 mile high building. Perhaps this construction method could be partially used in a tall building but I agree with Pat - a solid core would be needed.

The pdf's are well thought out but are no more complete than the one for Dubai Sky City (the design of which I love by the way) which is just a vision. This may be an actual proposal but the write ups are no guarantee this project will go any further in its present design or construction technique.

That being said I do hope they build a 666 meter high structure using existing methods (or realistic new ones) and plans spanning years, not months.

Ray.

Fury no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2011, 12:36 AM   #140
hkhui
Norway, China

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
No one is saying they are stupid, but neither are many of us here. I agree with you this would be good for the housing issues in China.

They could build a guyed mast in 2 months or less - not a 3/8 mile high building. Perhaps this construction method could be partially used in a tall building but I agree with Pat - a solid core would be needed.

The pdf's are well thought out but are no more complete than the one for Dubai Sky City (the design of which I love by the way) which is just a vision. This may be an actual proposal but the write ups are no guarantee this project will go any further in its present design or construction technique.

That being said I do hope they build a 666 meter high structure using existing methods (or realistic new ones) and plans spanning years, not months.

Ray.
Not saying you're wrong, but this design is supposed to be simplistic and functional, and only use a fraction of building materials compared to conventional. Following that logic, a smaller solid core would be needed.

As for the speed, well I guess it depends on how many workers there are and how well-trained they are. They seem to get genuine support from the government, and often in China; where there is a will, there is a way.

And really, I don't care if it takes 2 months or 2 years using this method - if they can build eco-friendly buildings, to a fraction of a price and time - it would mean a lot to China and the world.

The chairman seems to be very eco-orientated, wants to have enviromentally friendly buildings and organic food in China.

What I reacted most in your post wasn't your general doubt to this project (we all have to see it for ourselves!), but blatantly calling it a pipedream? That's arrogant. Sometimes, one gotta think outside the box and let go of the conventional truths.

hkhui no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
changsha, china, sky city