daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old May 31st, 2013, 03:37 AM   #1441
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Likes (Received): 300

Using the Street as a materials staging area is a pretty awesome idea. Well, that or one of the open community squares and as was said, using the street to handle moving sectiosn around. The question is if the street is wide enough to actually handle moving tree pre-fabs up a floor. They could be cleared horizontally but not sure if they'd have enough vertical space, or if horizontal, a lack of horizontal space. It could be like Ping-An or 1WTC where the steel is transported at an angle to clear whatever spacial limits there are.

I still hold to good hopes for this project with the revised reinforcement. I would wonder how the scale models of a tower with these new sections would pass in the earthquake tests like we've seen with the Y-column parts that was showcased before? I mean if the project is approved, we have reasonable belief to know it passed required tests, just that seeing some behind-the-scenes for this revised method would be neat.

Continued watching with anticipation...
The-Real-Link no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old May 31st, 2013, 08:08 AM   #1442
大哥哥夜猫子

Likes (Received): 10

One more day until were all dissapointed this new construction date was just another lie and PR stunt for Broad building.
大哥哥夜猫子 no está en línea  
Old May 31st, 2013, 10:05 AM   #1443
SkYsCrApEr2013
The AlphaWolf of the Pack

Likes (Received): 2083

Quote:
Originally Posted by 大哥哥夜猫子 View Post
One more day until were all dissapointed this new construction date was just another lie and PR stunt for Broad building.
But they might not be lying about it

Burj Khalifa, Shanghai Tower, Makkah Royal Clock Tower Hotel, Ping An Finance Center,
Goldin Finance 117, One World Trade Center, Chow Tai Fook Centre, Taipei 101, Shanghai World Financial Center and International Commerce Center.

R.I.P. Sawtooth Pack. You will be deeply missed.

I'm a really huge wolf lover! :D

I'M BACK!!!!

Highcliff liked this post
SkYsCrApEr2013 no está en línea  
Old May 31st, 2013, 11:35 AM   #1444
Victhor
Que paza!!!

Likes (Received): 1707

Quote:
That's what i expect, but I have some hope that it will get build.
Victhor no está en línea  
Old May 31st, 2013, 12:11 PM   #1445
TowerVerre:)

Likes (Received): 1818

Quote:
Wikipedia says that they beginn with the construction at June 2013. I hope someone who knows much about this projekt or even is an insider or works as an ingeneur in this company wrote the article, then it could be right. I am not a Skyscrapercity Member this long so I don't know much about the history of this tower but this construction acknowlegement sounds pretty trustworthy for me.
TowerVerre:) no está en línea  
Old May 31st, 2013, 01:21 PM   #1446
lowenmeister

Likes (Received): 3420

according to this threadhttp://www.gaoloumi.com/viewthread.php?tid=655691 on gaoloumi it will be built between september 2013 and march 2014.
lowenmeister no está en línea  
Old May 31st, 2013, 01:47 PM   #1447
TowerVerre:)

Likes (Received): 1818

628 million dollar for 13 million sqare feet of new space... This is such amazing and futuristic. If this concept works, I am sure that there will be very much fallowers in other citys. This is so unbelievable cheap.... approximately 60 dollars/sqarefeet.
TowerVerre:) no está en línea  
Old May 31st, 2013, 05:06 PM   #1448
benchaney
Anomaly XB-6783746

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowenmeister View Post
according to this threadhttp://www.gaoloumi.com/viewthread.php?tid=655691 on gaoloumi it will be built between september 2013 and march 2014.
That sounds like a more reasonable timeframe. If groundworks and pre fabricating occur on sight before September I see no reason why it wouldn't be finished by then.

KillerZavatar liked this post
benchaney no está en línea  
Old May 31st, 2013, 08:25 PM   #1449
大哥哥夜猫子

It is now June 1st in Changsha China, 0124 hours time. Technically construction is supposed to start now. I have contacted my friend in Changsha and he agreed to go to the construction site soon and take pictures. Ill post them here as soon as I get them.
Old May 31st, 2013, 09:57 PM   #1450
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8242

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchaney View Post
That sounds like a more reasonable timeframe. If groundworks and pre fabricating occur on sight before September I see no reason why it wouldn't be finished by then.
yes exactly, it would still be mindblowing and an archievement not seen often. A tower to write history. But it would at least be kind of realistic and not as crazy as the 3 month figure they were talking about before.

KillerZavatar no está en línea  
Old June 1st, 2013, 01:33 AM   #1451
MattTheTubaGuy
Skyscrapers to the stars

Likes (Received): 647

Huh? if construction is supposed to start "in June", then that could be anywhere between now and the end of the month.
According to lowenmeister, it won't be starting until September now anyway.
It will be interesting to see what is going on at the site now though.

Complete and T/O Supertalls Map
U/C Supertalls Map
Prep and O/H Supertalls Map
All Supertalls map!

Google Earth map (WIP)

ZZ-II's World Supertalls List

view my buildings made on Maya

Kanto, HRP4Life liked this post
MattTheTubaGuy no está en línea  
Old June 1st, 2013, 04:15 AM   #1452
大哥哥夜猫子

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTheTubaGuy View Post
Huh? if construction is supposed to start "in June", then that could be anywhere between now and the end of the month.
According to lowenmeister, it won't be starting until September now anyway.
It will be interesting to see what is going on at the site now though.
I could imagine it being seen as "unprofessional" to start somewhere in the middle of june, if the company says june it should be June 1st. But then again this is Broad Building and it seems they have no problem with releasing bullshit construction dates to the public without the proper required approvals from the government.
大哥哥夜猫子 no está en línea  
Old June 1st, 2013, 05:31 AM   #1453
Rise To The Top
Future CiE and Architect

Likes (Received): 88

Quote:
I could imagine it being seen as "unprofessional" to start somewhere in the middle of june, if the company says june it should be June 1st. But then again this is Broad Building and it seems they have no problem with releasing bullshit construction dates to the public without the proper required approvals from the government.
How is that unprofessional? My cystic fibrosis research work was slated to start in May and didn't start until two weeks ago. The world isn't perfect, and there are a lot of variables that control when stuff happens, especially with a project this size. If you consider not giving a definitive date unprofessional, then almost all of the projects that are followed here are done in an "unprofessional" manner.

Eastern37, Kanto liked this post
Rise To The Top no está en línea  
Old June 1st, 2013, 02:50 PM   #1454
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Nope, it could start at 23:59 on the 30th of June and it would still start in June. I think you read more than what was written. June is just June, not June the 1st 00:01

Kanto no está en línea  
Old June 1st, 2013, 04:18 PM   #1455
大哥哥夜猫子

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Nope, it could start at 23:59 on the 30th of June and it would still start in June. I think you read more than what was written. June is just June, not June the 1st 00:01
I understand that possibility, but just out of common sense if it was a date like that is just shows that they dont have their plans solid, and if they do not plan on starting around the beginning of June, it provides them incentive to keep pushing it later and later, which is what we have been observing. If they give a construction date, they should have all their chess peices in place, thats what I call professional.
大哥哥夜猫子 no está en línea  
Old June 1st, 2013, 04:29 PM   #1456
PMadFlyer

Likes (Received): 371

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTheTubaGuy View Post
One possibility is that they leave the two column-less squares empty until they reach the last section where it stops, and lift the parts up through the middle where it would be sheltered, either using cranes, or a temporary lift.
After they reach the last section, they would use exterior lifting to fill in the floors inside, then finish the top 32 floors and the spire. That would probably mean that the last 32 floors would be slower than the rest, but by that time, they could probably start opening the lower floors, so it wouldn't be crucial to finish as quickly as possible.
They won't let it open later than their deadline, they are making a big statement.
Old June 1st, 2013, 05:30 PM   #1457
4npower
Rooftop Shooter

Likes (Received): 989

Quote:
I understand that possibility, but just out of common sense if it was a date like that is just shows that they dont have their plans solid, and if they do not plan on starting around the beginning of June, it provides them incentive to keep pushing it later and later, which is what we have been observing. If they give a construction date, they should have all their chess peices in place, thats what I call professional.

Meanwhile, over in the perfect world....
4npower no está en línea  
Old June 1st, 2013, 08:47 PM   #1458
jbr

Likes (Received): 84

Today the news about the construction of Sky City Tower have been told on one of the most important Spanish TV channels. It is suppose to be serious!!
Old June 1st, 2013, 08:48 PM   #1459
Victhor
Que paza!!!

Likes (Received): 1707

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbr View Post
Today the news about the construction of Sky City Tower have been told on one of the most important Spanish TV channels. It is suppose to be serious!!
Wich one? maybe it's online.
Victhor no está en línea  
Old June 2nd, 2013, 07:37 PM   #1460
jbr

Likes (Received): 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
Wich one? maybe it's online.
Antena 3. 15:00 h

Closed Thread

Tags
changsha, china, sky city