daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old June 17th, 2013, 09:39 PM   #1481
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Likes (Received): 5307

Cheers to that!
L.A.F.2. no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2013, 02:27 AM   #1482
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Likes (Received): 300

Good to hear!
The-Real-Link no está en línea  
Old June 19th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #1483
Nikonov_Ivan

Likes (Received): 704

Will this building be made( constructed) from special panels?
Nikonov_Ivan no está en línea  
Old June 19th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #1484
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

They'll be prefabricated, which means they'll have already been assembled before they arrive on site.
Old June 21st, 2013, 12:58 AM   #1485
NEO-TOKYO

Likes (Received): 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4npower View Post
Honestly, I'm not sure I want this to be built. It's very exciting watching a tower rise from the dirt to the sky over the course of approx. 3-5 years. If this thing gets built, it may forever change the way skyscrapers are built. It would get old, real fast, if we only get 6 months to a year to watch until a tower is topped out. Part of me wants this to be built(which I think it will) but for the most part, I don't want it built.
But think of the amount of skyscrapers we can watch be built in our lifetime using this method. I personally don't want to wait 5 years each time just to see how a building turns out. What if I don't like it? That's 5 years for nothing! At least with this method, waiting 6 months to a year isn't so bad. And now, if this project works out without to many problems? Other countries will adopt this form of construction and we could have those Blade runner/ Star Wars skylines in the next 10 years!

KillerZavatar, Kanto liked this post
NEO-TOKYO no está en línea  
Old June 21st, 2013, 11:10 AM   #1486
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8241

after all we live in a fast world and china has to anticipate what it will need 6 years in the future when planning buildings, with this method it reduces a lot of risk and can help with vacancy rates that are hard to guess for the future.

NEO-TOKYO liked this post
KillerZavatar no está en línea  
Old June 21st, 2013, 01:23 PM   #1487
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6528

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
after all we live in a fast world and china has to anticipate what it will need 6 years in the future when planning buildings, with this method it reduces a lot of risk and can help with vacancy rates that are hard to guess for the future.
To plan 6 years or more in the future is almost impossible. Just look what happened during the construction of BK.
ZZ-II no está en línea  
Old June 21st, 2013, 04:09 PM   #1488
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8241

yeah, that is what i tried to say, if construction gets so much faster we will see a lot less constructions go on-hold, because the investors know what they pay for. the whole construction cost is easier to anticipate.

L.A.F.2. liked this post
KillerZavatar no está en línea  
Old June 21st, 2013, 07:50 PM   #1489
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Yeah, that's what it all boils down to. If I was a developer, I'd be scared out of my pants to try and construct a building of such massive proportions.

KillerZavatar liked this post
Old June 21st, 2013, 10:19 PM   #1490
skyridgeline

Likes (Received): 1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikonov_Ivan View Post
Will this building be made( constructed) from special panels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.F.2. View Post
They'll be prefabricated, which means they'll have already been assembled before they arrive on site.
And they are prefabricating a functional building ( not just the structure ). The prefabricated panels, if needed, come with electrical,plumbing and HVAC related items pre-installed on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
About 250 million additional 'urbanites' in about 12 years ( 250 million people/17,400 = 14,367.82 Sky City Ones ).

KillerZavatar, The_Dude liked this post
skyridgeline no está en línea  
Old June 24th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #1491
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEO-TOKYO View Post
But think of the amount of skyscrapers we can watch be built in our lifetime using this method. I personally don't want to wait 5 years each time just to see how a building turns out. What if I don't like it? That's 5 years for nothing! At least with this method, waiting 6 months to a year isn't so bad. And now, if this project works out without to many problems? Other countries will adopt this form of construction and we could have those Blade runner/ Star Wars skylines in the next 10 years!
I completely agree with you. The sooner a building is finished, the better. For us skyscraper fanatics, for the developer and for the people who plan on occupying it. This project is indeed the skyscraper dream comming true. I am still skeptical about this new construction method working, however we just have to wait and see. Something as revolutionary as this had to come sooner or later and even though I expected it later, I'd definitely be glad to see it sooner

L.A.F.2., NEO-TOKYO liked this post
Kanto no está en línea  
Old June 24th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #1492
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

With that method, developers wouldn't need to be so skeptical about large projects where the economy bottoms out 3 years into the construction. With this not only will they be built more quickly, but also in greater numbers.

Kanto, NEO-TOKYO liked this post
Old June 24th, 2013, 10:27 PM   #1493
NEO-TOKYO

Likes (Received): 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
I completely agree with you. The sooner a building is finished, the better. For us skyscraper fanatics, for the developer and for the people who plan on occupying it. This project is indeed the skyscraper dream comming true. I am still skeptical about this new construction method working, however we just have to wait and see. Something as revolutionary as this had to come sooner or later and even though I expected it later, I'd definitely be glad to see it sooner
I also didn't expect a building method like this to come along so soon. I really hope this works out! We already know that they can make smaller buildings using this method. If this works out? I wonder if Japan would adopt this building method? Tokyo is one of the most scrap and build cities I have been to. Also, they are supposed to be more earthquake resistant than current buildings. In Japan, I imagine this building method to be a developers dream!

Kanto liked this post
NEO-TOKYO no está en línea  
Old June 24th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #1494
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Every country in the world would want to adopt this method if it works. This would save trillions of dollars in the construction industry and cause a fundamental shift in the very fundamentals of highrise construction .... that is, if it works

KillerZavatar liked this post
Kanto no está en línea  
Old June 24th, 2013, 10:39 PM   #1495
Nikonov_Ivan

Likes (Received): 704

Well, if it works, our world will be something like this:

BTW, can fully-glassed building be build using this method?

Kanto, NEO-TOKYO liked this post
Nikonov_Ivan no está en línea  
Old June 25th, 2013, 01:08 AM   #1496
Atmosphere
Live from the sky!

Likes (Received): 797

Ahh Good 'ol Coruscant. Note that the 'edge' of the canyon of buildings is actually still about 3km high. Those superscapers must be around 20km or something. I always wondered what's in those buildings though, because the areas with actual windows are very small compared to those huge solid areas. Or maybe they are one sides transparant walls so light can comes in but not out.

I admit I just watched the beginnen of Star Wars II a few times, just to see Coruscant. The guy that made all the concept art and actual 3D footage of Coruscant for the movies is a frikkin' genius.

Kanto, FM 2258 liked this post

Last edited by Atmosphere; June 25th, 2013 at 01:15 AM.
Atmosphere no está en línea  
Old June 25th, 2013, 01:31 AM   #1497
skyridgeline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikonov_Ivan View Post
Well, if it works, our world will be something like this:
BTW, can fully-glassed building be build using this method?
Sure ... but why? They are just supertall 'medieval'castles/churches/temples.

A more realistic possibility (Zoomlion is based in Changsha) ...

chala liked this post
Old June 25th, 2013, 02:14 AM   #1498
lowenmeister

Likes (Received): 3420

a skyline filled with these megatowers would probably look like this:

thousandhigh liked this post
lowenmeister no está en línea  
Old June 25th, 2013, 03:45 AM   #1499
Calvin Coolidge
Keep Cool

Likes (Received): 33

I don't know how well the modular structural system of J220 can adapt to different designs (with refinement, it probably could result in some really beautiful concepts), but when I think of thousands of SkyCity towers going up around the world, I think of this:

(from Inception)

Which I wouldn't mind at all, as long as they don't bulldoze our old urban cores to do it, like Le Corbusier wanted to do to Paris.

The suburbs, on the other hand...
Calvin Coolidge no está en línea  
Old June 25th, 2013, 04:18 AM   #1500
skyridgeline

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowenmeister View Post
a skyline filled with these megatowers would probably look like this:
Not with the new urban planning guidelines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin Coolidge View Post
I don't know how well the modular structural system of J220 can adapt to different designs (with refinement, it probably could result in some really beautiful concepts), but when I think of thousands of SkyCity towers going up around the world, I think of this:

(from Inception)

Which I wouldn't mind at all, as long as they don't bulldoze our old urban cores to do it, like Le Corbusier wanted to do to Paris.

The suburbs, on the other hand...

Sky City One, Two, Three ... may be on layouts that look like this:

By AnyMotion image hosted on flickr

Kanto, Eastern37 liked this post

Closed Thread

Tags
changsha, china, sky city