daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old January 31st, 2011, 12:51 AM   #141
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

I said it seems like a pipedream.
Touche on your last scentence.
As for the rest of your post - well said.

Ray.

Highcliff liked this post
Fury no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2011, 10:18 PM   #142
scalziand
Naugatuckian

Likes (Received): 181

A Chinese company developed new factory prebuilt construction that can make a 15 story building in 6 days plans to build the second tallest building in the world over 6 months. 93% of the construction work is done in the factory vs at most 40% in western countries.

The Changsha Broad Air Conditioning Company has unveiled designs for the 200-storey Sky City tower, a sustainable mixed use project. At 666 meters tall, the building will house 1.2 million square meters of space for residential apartments, retail, offices, restaurants, schools and a myriad of other facilities. The building will be manufactured in a factory and assembled on the construction site. Additionally, the tower will have the capacity for 70,000 to 110,000 residents.

They are trimming their costs to 7,000 yuan to 8,000 yuan per square meter. The company then adds its profit margin and sells its properties for around 10,000 yuan per sq m - or about half the price of properties in Shanghai outside the city center. This would convert to a 660 square foot unit costing about US$100,000. The whole building is 1.2 million square meters so this project will cost about US$1.25 to 1.46 billion and will sell for $1.83 billion. Numbeo has Shanghai cost of living and Shanghai apartment prices are currently three to six times as high to buy as these apartments would be

Comfort of Skycity
• 100% fresh air, no mixed with return air, eliminate infection. 3-stage filtered fresh air , 99% nano-particulates be filtered. Indoor air is 20-100 times cleaner than outdoor air. Central vacuuming system keeps indoor air quality.
• Space blocks and all rooms remain at 20~27 ℃ all year round, glass wall enable
sunshine lighting up the streets.
• The clear height of residences and office is 2.8m, the clear height of space blocks are 5.6m, 9m, 12m respectively.
• Four 4meter wide streets start from the ground to the floor 121 at 400m, the total length of street is 12km, shops, agriculture markets, handcraft shops, restaurants, amusement parks, sports centers, natatorium, cinemas, opera houses, museums, libraries, training centers, schools, kindergartens, clinics, banks, police stations, etc. on both sides of street, same as city downtown. Botanical garden, natural parks, fishponds, waterfalls, sand beach can be found in some floors, same as the suburban.
• 16 large observation elevators and 31 high-speed elevators can serve 30,000 people every hour.

Safety
• Level 9 earthquake resistance, scale model will be tested by national authorized institution.
• BROAD unique technologies “diagonal bracing, light weight, factory-made” ensure the
highest earthquake resistance level with minimum materials.
• Trapezoidal construction structure corresponds the law of mechanics, which can withstand earthquake and storm.
• Sky gardens locate on floor 71, 121, 156, 176 and 191(12,000m2 in total), also function as the helipads, which are able to evacuate tens of thousand people during fire emergency, provide extra fire protection than conventional skyscrapers.

Energy Conservation
• 150mm exterior insulated walls, triple-paned windows, exterior solar shading, interior window insulation and heat recovery fresh air, 80% more energy efficient than conventional buildings.
• Adopting “distributed energy system”, turbines provide power independently, exhaust from turbines is the source for cooling, heating and sanitary hot water. 50% more energy efficient than the power grid.
• Indoor HVAC is controlled by occupancy sensor, fan speed will be automatically adjusted to the lowest load when people left.
• Elevator generates electricity when ascending unload and descending full load, also choose the floor outside the elevator, and other electricity saving methods can save 75% more electricity than conventional elevator.
• LED lamp, 90% more energy efficient than incandescent lamp and 50% more energy efficient than fluorescent lamp.
• Separated drainage system, rain water is used for plant irrigation, bathing water will be directly drained after settled, bathroom sewage and kitchen waste go to biogas tank, biogas is used as fuel for air conditioning, and solid wastes become organic fertilizers.

Sustainability
• Annual energy conservation 60,000 ton oil equivalent
• Saving 600,000 ton construction materials
• Saving 1.4 sq. kilometers land (volume ratio 50)
• On-site construction waste is less than 1% of the total weight
• Zero raise dust on-site
• Zero water consumption on-site
• Recycle processes of living garbage from the building
• All steel structure, reuse after abandoned

Broad Sustainable Building techniques and the 666 meter tall Sky City

scalziand no está en línea  
Old May 21st, 2011, 06:30 PM   #143
hellrazor650

Likes (Received): 10

Is this supposed to be more efficient than a tower thats 1000 feet tall?? It isnt efficient or smart. this thing is going to hours to get around in...think if it was ever needed to evacuate. they would be ****ed

hellrazor650 no está en línea  
Old May 23rd, 2011, 01:52 AM   #144
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

I thought it look more like ESB. I don't think people know, what the sear tower looks like.

kingsc no está en línea  
Old May 23rd, 2011, 09:44 AM   #145
Jonipoon
BANNED

Likes (Received): 21

Nice, nice... but where will they build it? In Shanghai??
Jonipoon no está en línea  
Old May 23rd, 2011, 05:33 PM   #146
kubachrick

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonipoon View Post
Nice, nice... but where will they build it? In Shanghai??
until a new information,it's just a fantasy,hardly a proposal.
i hope this technique will someday came to reality but nowadays it's sound very far away - to build an entire building,a 200fl building in 6 months.
i hope i am wrong,can somebody disprove my fear ?

kubachrick no está en línea  
Old May 23rd, 2011, 10:35 PM   #147
EuropeanChancellor

Likes (Received): 34

this tower highly reminds ancient zikkurats

EuropeanChancellor no está en línea  
Old May 24th, 2011, 10:46 AM   #148
Jonipoon
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubachrick View Post
until a new information,it's just a fantasy,hardly a proposal.
i hope this technique will someday came to reality but nowadays it's sound very far away - to build an entire building,a 200fl building in 6 months.
i hope i am wrong,can somebody disprove my fear ?
The technique is already here. This video on Youku shows a Chinese construction team finishing a 15 storey building in just 6 days. With the same pace they could finish a 450 storey building in 6 months (theoretically).

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjI4MTcxMjMy.html
Old May 24th, 2011, 11:05 AM   #149
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Thats what we have already seen 6 months ago. They said they will start construction in the middle of 2011 or something. So are they starting with anything? Z0rg seemed to be very confident about the developer, I wonder what he has to say about this.

patrykus no está en línea  
Old May 24th, 2011, 11:51 AM   #150
Jonipoon
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Thats what we have already seen 6 months ago. They said they will start construction in the middle of 2011 or something. So are they starting with anything? Z0rg seemed to be very confident about the developer, I wonder what he has to say about this.
Z0rg seems to be confident about all developers though..

But if its the case, I'm still eager to know where they will build it. At first thought I wouldnt want it to be in Shanghai, but at second thought it would be nice to smash Shenzhen's Ping'an Tower right in the face.
Old May 27th, 2011, 10:44 PM   #151
Olivier83

Likes (Received): 1

Most important is not actually the design for this building but all the innovations coming with. If you visited the Broad pavillon in Shanghai you would have seen all the innovations they use , from cooling, heating system, construction material, earthquake resistance and so on. It's a ready to use solution to face problem of growing population in China's big cities. I think that's one of the most innovative skycraper.

Last edited by Olivier83; May 27th, 2011 at 11:01 PM.
Olivier83 no está en línea  
Old May 28th, 2011, 02:35 PM   #152
EuropeanChancellor

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivier83 View Post
Most important is not actually the design for this building but all the innovations coming with. If you visited the Broad pavillon in Shanghai you would have seen all the innovations they use , from cooling, heating system, construction material, earthquake resistance and so on. It's a ready to use solution to face problem of growing population in China's big cities. I think that's one of the most innovative skycraper.
It´s great that so many technical innovations come with the building, but they could spent few minutes more on the designing

EuropeanChancellor no está en línea  
Old May 28th, 2011, 04:20 PM   #153
Spocket

Likes (Received): 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonipoon View Post
The technique is already here. This video on Youku shows a Chinese construction team finishing a 15 storey building in just 6 days. With the same pace they could finish a 450 storey building in 6 months (theoretically).

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjI4MTcxMjMy.html
That seems unlikely .
Besides , it's not actually built in 6 days . It's only what you see on the site that gets erected in six days . The rest of it has to be manufactured somewhere and that takes a lot more than a week . Don't get me wrong , I'm sure that it can be done much quicker in an assembly-line fashion but it's not really six days either way .

As for 450 storey buildings ... totally different . Don't forget , it's never just a matter of putting a building up like so many Lego blocks . You must do much more than that below-grade . Add to that that a 15 storey building isn't actually all that tall . The dynamics change quite a bit once you get past a certain height .

Spocket no está en línea  
Old July 16th, 2011, 06:48 AM   #154
scalziand
Naugatuckian

Subject to the whims of google translate:

30-story building subjected to 9-degree earthquake Sustainable test
http://translate.google.com/translat...3D1909&act=url
original article:http://www.broad.com/plus/view.php?aid=1909

Scale model of a 30 story building being tested.

May 6, ambitious 30-story "can be built," has stood the test station in China Construction ASTRI 9 degrees earthquake seismic testing, which marks the history of human anti-seismic technology has opened a new chapter.
Known for the ambitious science and technology innovation group in 2009, invented the "can be built." This is a production of the factory buildings, several times more than traditional building materials and energy saving and longer life, it is known as sustainable buildings. 2 years, Broad has been in China and Mexico, the construction of nine model building, which built in a day, six-story "Shanghai World Expo, the great hall," and one week into the 15-story "New Ark Hotel" in the world's major sites attract nearly 10 million users onlookers and hot, this time, can be built 30 floors passed the national seismic testing, which means the ability to fulfill this ambitious 150 30-story apartment building, hotel, office plans.

In Asia's second largest building seismic test bed scene from the China Central Television, Reuters, Tencent, BEIJING other media correspondent witnessed this historic moment.

Subjected to 42 earthquake

Most areas in China, the state set of building earthquake-proof rating for 6 degrees, the vibration intensity is the gravitational acceleration 0.05g, equivalent car speed of 0.5 meters per second hit the wall.

Starting from 10:00, the real proportion of this load by more than 30 tons of iron ingots 1:10 simulation model has undergone 42 different levels, different modes of seismic testing conditions. To 13:00 over 5 minutes, can be built successfully passed the "9 degrees rare earthquake" test, the acceleration of 0.6g, which is the equivalent car speed of 6 meters per second hit the wall, this data is higher than our common areas full 12-fold seismic standards. Now, all the presence of experts and test engineers are overjoyed. In accordance with the test plan, this test has been successfully completed.

Thrilling 60 seconds

At this time, has waited at the scene of the ambitious president of Zhang Yue, the head of the laboratory building seismic ASTRI Professor Cheng Shaoge aside and try to persuade him to intensify a condition. Professor Cheng has always been cautious of General Zhang impressed by the spirit of perfectionism technology, on the spot to decide to, braving the risk of damage test bed, the shock stress to 0.78g, and then test a seismic study of the history of humanity has never made a condition of strength . Because more than 9 degrees is not rare earthquake national testing standards, so this condition can be called "super 9 degrees."

Trial broadcasting hall shouting reporters away from the scene of engineers and test-bed, floor, inverted or iron tablets to prevent fly wounding. It retreated 20 meters away, held her breath.

With the test given a huge roar, the test station carrying the dramatic swing around the building, the entire building from top to bottom to form a sharp S-shaped deformation of sight, a large S-shaped upper and lower segments of small S-shaped: 20 to 30 floors some dozens of swing back and forth about the underlying part of the back and forth swing of more than 6,000.

Which more than 6,000 round trip, took place in just 60 seconds or less!

Worried about the earthquake

Juzhen stopped, dozens of excited experts, engineers and reporters swarmed. 30 floors of people around the circle, carefully examined, actually did not find any columns, braces and beams have been destroyed, people talking, even more excited. At this time, the reporter found that the engineers from a not particularly ambitious excited, asking to know the original, more ambitious want to increase the strength to continue testing until the damage to the building up. The Asia's second largest earthquake this test stand vibration capability, has been used in a vertex.

Reporters later learned, ambitious perfectionist of seismic concepts from around the world at any time they may be worried about a strong earthquake. We learned from the experts a set of data, the power of the earthquake had an intuitive understanding.
Old January 7th, 2012, 11:35 PM   #155
scalziand
Naugatuckian

The real counterpart to that 30 story model was recently built in just 15 days.
Old January 7th, 2012, 11:41 PM   #156
Laurence2011
Currywurst king

Likes (Received): 211

edit
Laurence2011 está en línea ahora  
Old January 7th, 2012, 11:45 PM   #157
Laurence2011
Currywurst king

Likes (Received): 211

很 好! 我喜欢这!
对不起我不好中国
Old January 7th, 2012, 11:50 PM   #158
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalziand View Post
The real counterpart to that 30 story model was recently built in just 15 days.
So this one is around 100m. Are they still aiming for the megatall, or at least taller buildings?
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea  
Old January 8th, 2012, 02:35 AM   #159
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8241

at one point i just can't believe it actually works though, at least without a core it cant reach the heights aimed for, but i love that they have a high goal, so maybe we may get 200m buildings at one point in only like 2 months. interesting development anyway, but 600m, as much i wish for it, i quite doubt it.

KillerZavatar no está en línea  
Old January 8th, 2012, 04:37 AM   #160
SSCBob

Likes (Received): 2

scalziand, wow, that video is incredibly impressive! Do you know if they are building anything taller soon?
SSCBob no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
changsha, china, sky city