daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old July 26th, 2013, 12:09 PM   #1741
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18195

"World's tallest building" not yet approved: official

CHANGSHA, July 25 (Xinhua) -- A plan to build the world's tallest building in central China's Hunan Province has not yet been approved, a local official said in response to reports that the project has broken ground.

The "Sky City" project in Changsha, capital of Hunan, still has to go through procedures before construction can start, an unnamed official at Hunan's housing and urban-rural development department told Xinhua.

Media reports said construction on the skyscraper began on July 20 with a ceremony attended by Zhang Yue, president of Broad Group, which is in charge of the building.

At 838 meters, the tower would be taller than the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, the world's current tallest building, by 10 meters. It is planned to house schools, hospitals, offices, apartments and even an 8,000-square-meter garden, according to Broad Group plans.

The company said construction is expected to be completed in April 2014, triggering discussions on the speed of construction of the building and its safety.

Broad Group declined to comment on the issue.

A report issued last year said the Chinese mainland will outstrip the United States to have the most skyscrapers during the next decade.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #1742
Victhor
Que paza!!!

Likes (Received): 1741

Maybe they can start land, foundation and under street level works without approval. At least in Spain, you can do that, no matter if you have the approval for the whole project, but you can start building the under ground floors, the final approval is for what you build over ground.
Victhor no está en línea  
Old July 26th, 2013, 02:27 PM   #1743
Bewal

Likes (Received): 19

I think this is the case. It is quite possible they eventually built on the site 400-500 meters tower
Old July 26th, 2013, 02:41 PM   #1744
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6077

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
.... It's like an electric car for the automotive industry really
Except the electric car is neither faster, nor cheaper
I can cheat you blind.

KillerZavatar liked this post
AltinD no está en línea  
Old July 26th, 2013, 02:44 PM   #1745
AltinD
The Modecator

As for the approval, the situation is confusing. Usually there are several kind of approvals, referring to different parts of the structure and phases of the construction process, so they can still build the rest until they finalize a get the approval for the next phase.
I can cheat you blind.

pteranodon liked this post
AltinD no está en línea  
Old July 26th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #1746
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
??? In three years you will be able to buy an electric car for US$30k. A car that you will be able to charge in 5 minutes for free (in the US). And a car that will be much less prone to damage and simpler (hence cheaper) to fix. Also not really sure why electric cars would need to be faster (probably will be the same), but sure they will have much better acceleration than classic ones.

Look up who are the largest Tesla investors, and who's the CEO. Wait couple more years and I'm sure you will be surprised by the electric car as you are right know by this tower history

Also I see you really miss my attention kitty
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea  
Old July 26th, 2013, 04:38 PM   #1747
Hollie Maea

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
You might be surprised...I have a friend with an electric car that can go 0-100kph in less than two seconds. That's not too slow.
Hollie Maea no está en línea  
Old July 26th, 2013, 06:08 PM   #1748
AltinD
The Modecator

Does he race it with other miniature cars?

PS: Where have you been all these years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
??? In three years you will be able to buy an electric car for US$30k. A car that you will be able to charge in 5 minutes for free (in the US). And a car that will be much less prone to damage and simpler (hence cheaper) to fix. Also not really sure why electric cars would need to be faster (probably will be the same), but sure they will have much better acceleration than classic ones.

Look up who are the largest Tesla investors, and who's the CEO. Wait couple more years and I'm sure you will be surprised by the electric car as you are right know by this tower history
Pff, people have been saying that for more then a decade ... and in case of hydrogen, since the '70s
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea  
Old July 26th, 2013, 06:20 PM   #1749
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 6894

BarbaricManchurian no está en línea  
Old July 26th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #1750
4npower
Rooftop Shooter

Likes (Received): 989

We don't need no stinking permits

Seriously though, whether the whole permit thing is true or not, it doesn't appear to be stopping prep what so ever.
Old July 26th, 2013, 06:44 PM   #1751
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 16066

Xinhua was fooled again it seems. Remember the Ping An concrete scandal trollshit?

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.

z0rg no está en línea  
Old July 26th, 2013, 06:51 PM   #1752
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6560

Amazing amount of work going on.

ZZ-II no está en línea  
Old July 26th, 2013, 06:51 PM   #1753
Speechless.♥

Likes (Received): 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4npower View Post

Seriously though, whether the whole permit thing is true or not, it doesn't appear to be stopping prep what so ever.
Yeas, build it in spite of stupid government

4npower, pteranodon, DJaCoNdA liked this post
Speechless.♥ no está en línea  
Old July 26th, 2013, 06:55 PM   #1754
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
It smells something very fishy here.
No details about construction technique either, some "miracle" prefab thing which "will revolutionize skyscraper construction" etc.

Sorry, I'm not buying it. I'm almost certain that this tower won't be T/O anytime soon, if ever.
It's not the first prefab building BSB has built, they are an established company with many projects already finished. The method is sound so I don't see anything "miracle" here. The fact that the presentation provided by BSB on this building is not translated into English means nothing, they are not selling the building to international investors, so who cares.
Old July 26th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #1755
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4npower View Post

Whether BSB has approval to build this building is one thing, whether they have the qualification is another. For the article to claim that BSB doesn't have the qualification to make buildings is false, because they have finished many projects, including governmental ones. Also the work being performed right now is done by CSCEC, which probably has more permits and certificates than anyone else in China, and is powerful enough to wrestle approvals from the government.
Old July 26th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #1756
patrykus

Quote:
Does he race it with other miniature cars?
Yeah, tiny like this you mean This baby does 0-60mph in 4,4s and it's full size sedan

Quote:

Pff, people have been saying that for more then a decade ... and in case of hydrogen, since the '70s
You missed it. It's already happening Tesla model s is selling great and more free charging stations are being build everyday.

Oh and what makes a BIG difference is that Elon Musk is interested in electric cars, not hydrogene

But enough about the cars.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

lotec, scalziand liked this post
Old July 26th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #1757
patrykus

That sure doesn't look like halted construction site

Old July 26th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #1758
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8365

yeah prep work is going and let's all hope the permission is long done when real construction is about to be ready of happening
KillerZavatar no está en línea  
Old July 26th, 2013, 08:34 PM   #1759
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6560

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
yeah prep work is going and let's all hope the permission is long done when real construction is about to be ready of happening
Until the Goverment knows what's really happening on the site the tower will be topped out already

Zhmurik liked this post
ZZ-II no está en línea  
Old July 26th, 2013, 08:39 PM   #1760
Nahemah
scaredy-cat?

Looks a whole lot busier than Kingdom Tower construction site
Nahemah no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
changsha, china, sky city