daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 9th, 2014, 07:58 PM   #41
gael atangana
life is good

Likes (Received): 37

its sad to see Libya go in the drain this way. I was in Libya in 2009. and back then before the fall of Qaddafi , Libya was the most wealthy nation in Africa(in GDP per capital terms), and had almost every basic living items citizens needs. some even had unemployment benefits(which is almost unheard of in Africa). In fact there were Hundreds if not Millions of Africans migrants who came to Libya for a better life, and funny enough most of them came from so called 'democratic countries'. I was also surprise to see that the french speaking African countries i visited, Qaddafi was so popular there, i barely saw anybody who didn't like him, they kept talking about all the investment and help he has been providing to the poorer African countries neighboring Libya like: Niger, Cameroon, Chad,Mauritania Senegal etc). This is one of the reason that i tend to believe those who said his toppling was planned and organized by external forces who are after the resources/Geo strategic interests of Libya. I really sad for my African brethren's. One of it most prosperous/independent country has now turned into a warlord/Al Qaeda state were lawlessness is rampant. Good save Africa.
coming to the topic, yes its true i don't think Libya needs a high speed rail at the moment. its a luxury the country doesnt need at the moment(it will have been more appropriate pre-Qaddafi) . The country needs to first solve its security issues and stability.

Tower Dude liked this post
gael atangana no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2016, 04:46 PM   #42
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5759

"Libya's train project remains off the rails"

http://www.dw.com/en/libyas-train-pr...ils/a-19565824

dimlys1994 liked this post
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2016, 05:50 PM   #43
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5759

Map from the above article:

dimlys1994, Swede liked this post
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2016, 11:28 PM   #44
the-

Likes (Received): 384

Picture from the above article

Quote:
This Italian locomotive stranded in downtown Tripoli is waiting for the railroad to be completed

Another picture

http://www.unhcr.org/ar/4be7cc27231.html
Old October 24th, 2016, 01:26 PM   #45
M-NL
Mixed-mode traveller

Likes (Received): 274

Quote:
This Italian locomotive stranded in downtown Tripoli is waiting for the railroad to be completed
They should start by extending the tracks to the nearest maintenance depot, because given the build quality of the other IC4 sets, it's going to spend a lot of time there.

Nikolaj, stingstingsting, Swede, 3737 liked this post
M-NL no está en línea   Reply With Quote