daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Proposed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 25th, 2010, 06:26 PM   #1
CharlieP
Who insults FSM must diet

Likes (Received): 744

RIS-ORANGIS - New national rugby stadium (82,000)

The FFR has announced plans to build its own 80,000-seat stadium, with a retractable roof:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/9229158.stm

Last edited by www.sercan.de; June 29th, 2012 at 02:18 PM.
CharlieP no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old November 25th, 2010, 06:52 PM   #2
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 1020

Yes Serge blanco a french legendary rugby player brings the project of an 80K retractable roof arena by 2017 in Paris region.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Axelferis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2010, 10:54 PM   #3
piraB4L

Likes (Received): 155

http://www.dartfish.tv/Presenter.asp...2c18700m204614

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
piraB4L no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2010, 11:04 PM   #4
R.K.Teck

Likes (Received): 612

I wonder what made them want a new 80,000 arena. The Stade de France has a reputation as being a great venue, yet France Rugby do not feel it's good enough? ???

This is piling more embarassment on Scotland Rugby - Wales has a new stadium (70,000), Ireland does too (50,000), now France wants one (80,000) - why can't Scotland keep up with the Jones's?

2 0 2 0
1 7 1 7
2 0 2 0
1 7 1 7

Dundee, UK City of Culture, Candidate City

V&A Museum. Dundee Waterfront. Kengo Kuma. 2018?
Jute, Jam, Journalism... and Japanese Award Winning Architecture.

Old November 26th, 2010, 12:48 AM   #5
JohnnyFive

Likes (Received): 318

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.K.Teck View Post
This is piling more embarassment on Scotland Rugby - Wales has a new stadium (70,000), Ireland does too (50,000), now France wants one (80,000) - why can't Scotland keep up with the Jones's?

???

Murrayfield holds just over 67,000, what is your point?
JohnnyFive no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2010, 01:03 AM   #6
Mekky II
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
I wonder what made them want a new 80,000 arena. The Stade de France has a reputation as being a great venue, yet France Rugby do not feel it's good enough? ???

The stadium with best reputation amongst rugby fans it's Marseille because close proximity with players.
Mekky II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2010, 01:19 AM   #7
Harry1990

Likes (Received): 37

i think this is a good idea personally. The Rfu makes a huge amount of money because they own twickenham and make all the profit out say 6-7 sell out internationals, plus other games and concerts etc all this money can then get funded back into grass roots devolpment.

can't wait to see some first design pics. isn't 600 million cheap for a ground that size?
Harry1990 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2010, 01:22 AM   #8
Mekky II
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry1990 View Post
i think this is a good idea personally. The Rfu makes a huge amount of money because they own twickenham and make all the profit out say 6-7 sell out internationals, plus other games and concerts etc all this money can then get funded back into grass roots devolpment.

can't wait to see some first design pics. isn't 600 million cheap for a ground that size?
For sure since 2004 it's easier to have cheap workers
Mekky II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2010, 01:32 AM   #9
Harry1990

is their any pics of this ground at all? and will it be just the french national team ground or will stade move their as well.

i know they play some of the bigger games at the stade de france
Old November 26th, 2010, 08:44 AM   #10
R.K.Teck

Likes (Received): 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFive View Post

???

Murrayfield holds just over 67,000, what is your point?
Ever been? It's old and grotty, need refurbished at least.

2 0 2 0
1 7 1 7
2 0 2 0
1 7 1 7

Dundee, UK City of Culture, Candidate City

V&A Museum. Dundee Waterfront. Kengo Kuma. 2018?
Jute, Jam, Journalism... and Japanese Award Winning Architecture.

Old November 26th, 2010, 07:01 PM   #11
krudmonk
sucks

Likes (Received): 54

Quote:

Scotland already has an offensively large stadium that's barely ever used, let alone filled. The fact that France wants the same thing should evoke disgust, not envy.

At least Wales and Ireland share with soccer.
krudmonk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2010, 08:20 PM   #12
Findecan
Simple User

Likes (Received): 194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry1990 View Post
is their any pics of this ground at all? and will it be just the french national team ground or will stade move their as well.

i know they play some of the bigger games at the stade de france
No pics yet. The french federation only announced yesterday that they plans to build a new ground. There are still many details to settle, the location (apparently near Paris), the definition of technical specifications, and the most important, the financial (600 millions, it looks so much!!!).
Quote:
Le calendrier fixe à fin 2011 la décision de lancer la construction, à 2012 le lancement du concours d'attribution de la conception et de la construction, à 2013 le dépôt du permis de construire. Le chantier prendrait trois ans, de 2014 à 2016, avec pour objectif une inauguration en 2017.
Secondly, you have to know that this project looks very ambitious. The FFR wants this stadium to be used not only for rugby games, but for concerts and other events too.
Quote:
"Nous voulons bâtir un stade, une agora, une enceinte sportive, culturelle et artistique pour l'ensemble du sport français", a dit Pierre Camou.

Serge Blanco a précisé que selon les premières études, le seuil de rentabilité se situerait autour de 17 à 20 manifestations par an, matches de rugby ou autres.
After all, it would be a Stade de France-bis, and this doesn't like so much the Stade de France Consortium...
Findecan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2010, 10:02 PM   #13
Axelferis

one thing i read:

-a retractable pitch

Lille emulation?

I'm sure they think about it! they want to copy us!!

Old November 26th, 2010, 10:59 PM   #14
Harry1990

just i thought. imo why i they building the stadium in paris where the hot bed of french rugby is down the south except for stade francias.

only 2 out of 5 top french citys by population are down south and marsielle already has a large stadium maybe building in toulouse would be good i have been to a couple of cities down the south of france and they all seen rugby mad.

or maybe the french could become a nomadic team and play games all over france and not have a home, that would be good cause every six nations game would be a new experience for the visiting team
Old November 27th, 2010, 10:40 AM   #15
Axelferis

No! paris is the capital! and in sport it is the capital too

There already be 5 stadiums for football , rugby and athletism
-future Arena 92 for rugby near la defense
-extension for rolland garros tennis

Paris is the centre and i prefer go see a concert in paris than anywhere in beautiful france!

Here we 're 1 hour from paris by TGV! Toulouse is far

Old November 27th, 2010, 03:35 PM   #16
Findecan
Simple User

Well, although the majority of the Top 14 clubs are situated in the south of France (there are only 2 clubs in the north, the Stade Francais and the Racing Metro since 2 years), I think it's better than this stadium is built in Paris. Because the french team has always played in Paris since 100 years (Colombes, Parc des Princes and then Stade de France), and this has never bothered anyone, even the supporters from the south of France.
Moreover, near Paris there is already the international airport and the national rugby center in Marcoussis.
Old November 28th, 2010, 01:55 AM   #17
koolio

Likes (Received): 1363

80,000? Really? Is there is really that much demand for Rugby in France? Can they honestly get as much usage out of this stadium as England does with Twickenhiem?
koolio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2010, 09:51 AM   #18
Bobby3

Likes (Received): 24

Does Paris really need another huge stadium?

I thought rugby was popular down south, so would Marseille have been a better option?

And Scotland doesn't need a new stadium, Murrayfield bleeds money as is, as minor a team as Queens Park may be, at least they make sure Hampden gets use.
Bobby3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2010, 01:04 PM   #19
Axelferis

Marseille? they don't care about rugby

Old November 28th, 2010, 03:05 PM   #20
Findecan
Simple User

You always have to push your words to the extreme. Of course, the city is really passionated by the local football team, the Olympique de Marseille. But I don't think they don't care about rugby, just look the rugby games organised in the Vélodrome. When the french team play there, it's always a popular succes. And don't forget that there is a real rugby culture in the region with the RC Toulon.

@koolio: The rugby is very popular in France, and more since the world cup organised in 2007. The french team brings regularly 80,000 people in Stade de France.