daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Proposed

Old May 16th, 2013, 12:55 PM   #1
ucv
Architect

Likes (Received): 58

CRAIOVA - Ion Oblemenco (30,000)

NEW DESIGN
will be updated

OLD (INITIAL) DESIGN
Quote:
CRAIOVA - Ion Oblemenco (40.000)

Estimated budget - 100.000.000 Euro (The municipality hopes to acquire 80-100% of the funds through a european program. If they can't, they'll try a mixed public-private deal with a construction firm from China)

The concept of the stadium is inspired by the work of Constantin Brancusi (romanian sculptor)

4x Champion:

1974, 1980, 1981, 1991

6x Cup Winner:

1977, 1978, 1981, 1983, 1991, 1993

Quote:
DESCRIPTION
A new 40,000-seat stadium, dedicated for football, has been designed by Proiect Bucuresti within the existing sports complex in Craiova, Romania. The new stadium will replace the existing “Ion Oblemenco” stadium on the site.

The future stadium will achieve UEFA category IV (the highest level). It will be used for matches within the 1-st Romanian Football League (FRF), UEFA Europa League and UEFA Champions League and for National team matches (FIFA and UEFA).

The playing field has standard dimensions of 105m x 68m and consists of a natural grass surface which is heated, irrigated, drained and ventilated. The seating is located close to the playing field over two levels, providing spectators with comfortable seats and optimum visibility. In addition VIP skyboxes are located between the levels of seating around the full perimeter of the bowl.

As a tribute to the Romanian sculptor Constantin Brancusi, the form of the main roof lines were inspired by his work entitled “Miss Pogany”. The external volume obtained is expressive in daylight and the enhancement of architectural lighting at night will emphasise the building when viewed from the center of the town.

The building envelope both protects the spectator seating areas against the elements and encloses the secondary spaces under the stands through a single sculptural form, which in plan is a perfect ellipse. The volume of the main bowl is enhanced by the sculptural form of the roof which opens to the sky, the rhythm of the structural “ribs” wrapped with transparent and translucent materials and the architectural lighting. The envelope materials have been chosen with regards to the need to protect spectators in adverse weather conditions whilst ensuring that the natural light required for the pitch maintenance is achieved. In addition artificial photosynthetic systems have been allowed for.

The project proposes an ecological approach to the environment through the use of sustainable materials and technologies incorporating green energy sources such as photovoltaic cells, ground source heating/cooling and deep well water sources.

The building will be iconic in the city and will be, along with other components of the sports complex, a modern insertion that will boost the development of the local area.

The overall development of the sports complex includes the existing indoor multifunction sports hall (recently expanded and modernized), a new sports center dedicated to the sport of fencing (which will be built in areas under the new stadium’s stands) and a new athletics running track with covered seating for 5,000 spectators which will also incorporate a training ground for football. In addition the landscaping of the complex will be improved, providing new soft and hard landscaping, public parks, pedestrian walkways and parking.
Quote:
VIDEO PRESENTATION
V
Quote:
RENDERS

Quote:
IMAGES OF THE MOCK-UP FROM THE PRESENTATION

Quote:
INSPIRATION FOR THE LOOK OF THE STADIUM - MADEMOISELLE POGANY by CONSTANTIN BRANCUSI
image hosted on flickr
Quote:
PHOTOS OF THE ACTUAL STADIUM WHICH SHOULD BE DEMOLISHED TO MAKE ROOM FOR THE NEW ONE

Last edited by ucv; August 28th, 2014 at 09:25 AM. Reason: changed design and capacity
ucv no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 16th, 2013, 02:18 PM   #2
RMB2007

Likes (Received): 2965

Flipping heck, that's certainly different, and in a good way.
RMB2007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 07:22 PM   #3
pro train
BANNED

Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucv View Post
The municipality hopes to acquire 80-100% of the funds through a european program.
This is the dumbest thing I 've ever heard... The european programs are not available for such things.

Quote:
If they can't, they'll try a mixed public-private deal with a construction firm from China)
This is the second dumbest thing I've ever heard. Maybe the women with the dumb idea was inspired by the motorway threads Anyway, it will be a european premiere, maybe a world one...

Quote:
The concept of the stadium is inspired by the work of Constantin Brancusi (romanian sculptor)
O.K. But why not Mihai Viteazu face ?

Conclusion: this thread is ridiculous, you cannot afford to put all the wet dreams of some stupid politician on SSC. Some times ago Oprescu announced that Bucharest wants to be the host for Olimpic games and also a Olimpic stadium will be build but nobody opened a thread so...

Last edited by pro train; May 17th, 2013 at 07:58 PM.
pro train no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:33 PM   #4
ValsiSRO
Love is in the air

Likes (Received): 84

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro train View Post
O.K. But why not Mihai Viteazu face ?.
Where is the Dislike button ? I really need it in some situations...

ucv, jardelinio liked this post
ValsiSRO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 09:15 PM   #5
ucv
Architect

Quote:
This is the dumbest thing I 've ever heard... The european programs are not available for such things.
Look here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukaszek89 View Post
Stadium in Bialystok:

cost: 168 304 449,76zl (107 000 000,00zl from EU)

link: https://funduszeeuropejskie.gov.pl/S...alymstoku.aspx

there are also few other examples
Quote:
This is the second dumbest thing I've ever heard. Maybe the women with the dumb idea was inspired by the motorway threads Anyway, it will be a european premiere, maybe a world one...
Why? public–private partnership is a pretty common thing right now

Quote:
O.K. But why not Mihai Viteazu face ?
Now you are just being mean. Are you a steaua/dinamo fan?

Quote:
Conclusion: this thread is ridiculous, you cannot afford to put all the wet dreams of some stupid politician on SSC. Some times ago Oprescu announced that Bucharest wants to be the host for Olimpic games and also a Olimpic stadium will be build but nobody opened a thread so...
It's a proposal...get used to it.

Last edited by ucv; May 17th, 2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old May 18th, 2013, 10:27 PM   #6
pro train
BANNED

UCV, we shouldn't lie on SSC... The UE apport for Bialystok stadium is 1.070.000 zl and not 107.000.000 zl so it's just small money wich cover just a part of the project procedure so it's a screch at the foot made by wood...

Olguta dream is 80-90 % european funds for Craiova Arena so it's just a crap political story and you will be soon dissapointed.

I would like to have stadiums like the from the pictures in Romania including Craiova but the way the things are presented in this situation smell like a big lie by someone who promise something and just remember that.

Last edited by pro train; May 18th, 2013 at 10:35 PM.
Old May 18th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #7
pro train
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValsiSRO View Post
Where is the Dislike button ? I really need it in some situations...
You didn't get the point, don't you ? The thing with Brancusi was my way to say that all it's a big lie and that Craiova has nothing to do with the ,,maestro'' meanwhile Mihai Viteazu is the real simbol of your city.

It's like puting ships when you enter in Bucharest and not in Constanta...Or Targu Jiu was suddenly dissapear and I didn't know by now ? Anyway, strange thread in romanian 100% style.
Old May 18th, 2013, 11:40 PM   #8
ucv
Architect

I didn't lie about that funding, i just quoted lukaszek89 . Also, maybe there is a mistake on that site, because they wrote it like this "107 00 00,00". Why put space between 2 numbers and not three like they started? Why not put 1 070 000?
Either way, this doesn't matter, we'll live and see
Old May 19th, 2013, 01:29 PM   #9
pro train
BANNED

I bet the 1070000 zl was used for the fesability study or something like that . Just think about that if you can use such big money from UE funds, every city in Europe can build a modern stadium as soon as is possible just propose a project. But is completly illogical and without a sense, can you tell me that I'm right now ?

Don't give me wrong, I repet, I will be glad to see such stadium in Craiova but the way some people announce the project sounds more like a lie to me.
Old May 20th, 2013, 12:47 AM   #10
ValsiSRO
Love is in the air

Likes (Received): 84

Quote:
You didn't get the point, don't you ? The thing with Brancusi was my way to say that all it's a big lie and that Craiova has nothing to do with the ,,maestro''.
Are you sure?

Quote:
and then he became a domestic in a public house in Craiova where he remained for several years. When he was 18, Brâncuși created a violin by hand with materials he found around his workplace. Impressed by Brâncuși's talent for carving, an industrialist entered him in the Craiova School of Arts and Crafts (școala de arte și meserii), where he pursued his love for woodworking, graduating with honors in 1898

read wikipedia
ValsiSRO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 07:55 AM   #11
pro train
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValsiSRO View Post
Are you sure?
I'm positive. Brancusi is not a simbol of Craiova city and not even one of his operas can find in the Craiova public places so let it go.
Old May 21st, 2013, 03:31 PM   #12
michał_

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
I'm positive. Brancusi is not a simbol of Craiova city and not even one of his operas can find in the Craiova public places so let it go.
So he wasn't born in Craiova and has very limited links to the city, who cares? He's a renowned artist and was born nearby, why not use his work as loose inspiration?

Quote:
I bet the 1070000 zl was used for the fesability study or something like that . Just think about that if you can use such big money from UE funds, every city in Europe can build a modern stadium as soon as is possible just propose a project. But is completly illogical and without a sense, can you tell me that I'm right now ?

Don't give me wrong, I repet, I will be glad to see such stadium in Craiova but the way some people announce the project sounds more like a lie to me.
You shouldn't bet too much on this, because sports stadia are financed with EU regional development funds. As long as they are municipal venues and aren't built with a specific football club in mind (which would be illegal state aid) it's actually ok.

The stadium in Bialystok had in fact the PLN 107 million dedicated from EU funding (almost 70% of initially estimated cost), not 1.07 million. Similarly, new stand in Rzeszów was built the same way, receiving some 75% from EU. Also, new stadium in Lublin is being built with EU funding. This time it's 67 million out of total cost of around 140 million. The list is longer and the massive amounts of money are used for overall contracting work.

With Romania being 'fresher' in EU than Poland, I wouldn't be surprised if you were getting comparable or bigger funds for various development projects. Why not this stadium?
michał_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 11:27 PM   #13
PaulFCB
BANNED

Likes (Received): 253

It's probably the only major stadium we will see in this century built in Oltenia, Brancusi was from a small town in this region of Romania.

Then of course, you couldn't expect the guy to live all his life in Craiova when he wanted a career in arts, Craiova didn't even have higher education back then, so he had to leave Oltenia for that.
Where do you want a stadium like this to be made? In tg-jiu I doubt there's going to be a new stadium bigger than 10-15k, if ever.

ValsiSRO, ucv liked this post
PaulFCB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:13 PM   #14
ucv
Architect

Nice to see you michał_, i'm a big fan of stadiumdb

Thank you for the other stadium examples with EU funding

Last edited by ucv; May 22nd, 2013 at 07:04 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 08:59 PM   #15
pro train
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulFCB View Post
It's probably the only major stadium we will see in this century built in Oltenia
Yes, you're right... 2099 And now about the U.E. funds for stadiums there are two major points that

1. the stadium must belong to the municipality and not especially build for a club (Universitatea Craiova)
2. the project must be part of the multiple sport complex and not a single purpose
3. fesability study (just see Cluj Arena which is almost for nothing but 100% from romanian budget))

In the rest becouse I just saw how manny things you people know about the stadiums & U.E. funds.

p.s. @ Michal, for euro-regio funds you need regions before that. In Romania the regions are a big political problem so we expecting delays for that.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 10:51 PM   #16
ucv
Architect

Quote:
Yes, you're right... 2099 And now about the U.E. funds for stadiums there are two major points that

1. the stadium must belong to the municipality and not especially build for a club (Universitatea Craiova)
2. the project must be part of the multiple sport complex and not a single purpose
3. fesability study (just see Cluj Arena which is almost for nothing but 100% from romanian budget))
1. i don't think this is such a big problem, they can say it will serve all the teams in the region.
2. Besides this stadium, Proiect Bucuresti proposed a 5000 seats athletic stadium (because the Sports Law in Romania says that if you demolish an athletic track like the one the actual stadium has, you have to rebuild it elsewhere) and a gymnastics arena. This three next to the sports arena (polivalenta) already finished.
3. Proiect Bucuresti are still working on the fesability study.
Old May 24th, 2013, 12:12 AM   #17
JimB

Likes (Received): 779

Beautiful design. Really fantastic.

Hope it gets built.
JimB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 06:02 PM   #18
pro train
BANNED

Quote:
1. i don't think this is such a big problem, they can say it will serve all the teams in the region.
2. Besides this stadium, Proiect Bucuresti proposed a 5000 seats athletic stadium (because the Sports Law in Romania says that if you demolish an athletic track like the one the actual stadium has, you have to rebuild it elsewhere) and a gymnastics arena. This three next to the sports arena (polivalenta) already finished.
3. Proiect Bucuresti are still working on the fesability study.
O.K. So, it is true that we will needed first a region (Oltenia) or not before we get the funds ? It's all about the sume of the money which in the case of the ,,judete'' is not semnificative.
Old May 24th, 2013, 06:47 PM   #19
ucv
Architect

Quote:
O.K. So, it is true that we will needed first a region (Oltenia) or not before we get the funds ? It's all about the sume of the money which in the case of the ,,judete'' is not semnificative.
You're right about the regions issue, an aspect on which the government is working on. It is estimated that around october-november 2013, when the new constitution will be adopted, the regions will be formed, followed by the first regional elections in december 2013.

pro train liked this post
Old June 9th, 2013, 01:21 AM   #20
Gadiri

Likes (Received): 1396

Actually :

- Bucarest National arena 56 500
- Cluj arena 30 335

Project:
- Craiova 40 000

Romania will be able to present a co-organisation of UEFA Championship with just 1 other stadium.

A ne pas rater : Les arabes et Hollywood <<<< =======

No te pierdas : Los árabes y Hollywood <<<< =======

Gadiri está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote