daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 7th, 2010, 05:39 PM   #141
tchelllo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 55

tchelllo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 7th, 2010, 10:00 PM   #142
felipeskyscraper2

Likes (Received): 6043

WOW...

Thread: Barueri - Uma paixão que se agiganta !
felipeskyscraper2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2010, 02:01 AM   #143
Joás Santos
A coragem vem da fé

Likes (Received): 24818

I'm in Argentina. What I saw? White people. And, two or three black people. The Argentines were racist to me. In São Paulo, NONE DOES IT. How the "cosmopolitan" Buenos Aires can be so racist?

Last edited by Joás Santos; December 8th, 2010 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Error
Joás Santos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2010, 02:26 AM   #144
FISCHERZIN

Likes (Received): 20

amazing pictures like ever tchello.. thanks for post
FISCHERZIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2010, 09:30 AM   #145
USARG

Likes (Received): 46

This part of the city looks very 70's.A litlle bit run down to my taste,
A mix between Manila and Mexico City.Just my opinion.
USARG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2010, 11:43 AM   #146
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 244685

Once again very nice views, photos from Sao Paulo
christos-greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2010, 05:17 PM   #147
tchelllo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by USARG View Post
This part of the city looks very 70's.A litlle bit run down to my taste,
A mix between Manila and Mexico City.Just my opinion.
And you are right

These latest pics were taken in Sao Paulo old center.

This part of the city stopped in time in the 80´s when most of companies and offices moved away for another area (paulista avenue region and across pinheiros river surroundings).

During two decades the old downtown was practically abandoned and devalued and only a few years ago the city began the process of revitalization.

Now there are wonderful projects in progress for the recovery of the area.

One of these projects, called Nova Luz (New Light) goes do overthrow some blocks, retrieve dozens of historic buildings and create a cultural zone, including a fantastic sub-project of renowned swiss architects Jacques Herzog e Pierre de Meuron.

is the new building of the dance company which actually will be a multicultural
complex. And is now already under construction.

This one...

Besides these there are others already under construction as Praça das Artes "square of the arts"

Nova Luz Project

SESC (Another Cultural Centre already under construction)

Train station express to the airport

New theater, drawing on the facade of the old one that burned down years ago. Approved.

and many other projects already approved and in process of implementation
Old December 9th, 2010, 12:17 AM   #148
Ian
Mariano

Likes (Received): 564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joás Santos View Post
I'm in Argentina. What I saw? White people. And, two or three black people. The Argentines were racist to me. In São Paulo, NONE DOES IT. How the "cosmopolitan" Buenos Aires can be so racist?
LIAR...

Black people are extremely popular here, especially with the ladies. you've never been in Argentina.
Ian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2010, 03:08 AM   #149
schmidt

Likes (Received): 59

Not extremely. You see many people of native american background though.

São Paulo is so.. so... I wish we had a better 'biggest city'. Maybe it's gonna improve in the next years, but now it's just a urban disaster.
schmidt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2010, 12:48 PM   #150
tchelllo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidt View Post

São Paulo is so.. so... I wish we had a better 'biggest city'. Maybe it's gonna improve in the next years, but now it's just a urban disaster.
Very overdone thought, as usual...

A city is the junction of the concrete and human. In human aspect, Sao Paulo is the city where the mixing of human races makes it so rich, that makes the city of the manifestations of thought.

The Brazilian trade unions and political parties were born here.

The world's largest gay pride parade and the march for Jesus were born here.

The most important biennial arts and the most important fashion week were born here. The city has the largest art collection from the southern hemisphere.

Is the city where the largest number of research centers and the best university in South America are located.

Despite this urban disaster you have mentioned, São Paulo is the last capital in 27 states about homicides ranking, and only brazilian state capital that is below the limit of 10 homicides per 100,000 inhabitants stipulated by the UN as a low rate of violence.

Arabs, Muslims and Jews live here in peace as well as Japanese, Chinese, North and South Koreans also.

The city has the largest events, concerts and variety of bars and restaurants throughout Latin America.

Then Sao Paulo is not a disaster how you want to show.

your problem is being a brazilian used to venerate the appearance of German cities and compare them to our reality, But even in Germany, the cities are going beyond appearances and are composed of human life, human vibration, of human possibilities far beyond architecture.

Last edited by tchelllo; December 9th, 2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old December 9th, 2010, 04:40 PM   #151
Luis FTC
eSPetacular

Likes (Received): 2434

Quote:

Well, what I see in these pictures is a very interesting and diverse city. Maybe we have different concepts of "urban disaster".
Old December 9th, 2010, 10:33 PM   #152
IPBBE
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

http://pedalepiaui.blogspot.com/2010...vias-para.html
IPBBE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2010, 11:42 PM   #153
schmidt

Likes (Received): 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchelllo View Post
Very overdone thought, as usual...

A city is the junction of the concrete and human. In human aspect, Sao Paulo is the city where the mixing of human races makes it so rich, that makes the city of the manifestations of thought.

The Brazilian trade unions and political parties were born here.

The world's largest gay pride parade and the march for Jesus were born here.

The most important biennial arts and the most important fashion week were born here. The city has the largest art collection from the southern hemisphere.

Is the city where the largest number of research centers and the best university in South America are located.

Despite this urban disaster you have mentioned, São Paulo is the last capital in 27 states about homicides ranking, and only brazilian state capital that is below the limit of 10 homicides per 100,000 inhabitants stipulated by the UN as a low rate of violence.

Arabs, Muslims and Jews live here in peace as well as Japanese, Chinese, North and South Koreans also.

The city has the largest events, concerts and variety of bars and restaurants throughout Latin America.

Then Sao Paulo is not a disaster how you want to show.

your problem is being a brazilian used to venerate the appearance of German cities and compare them to our reality, But even in Germany, the cities are going beyond appearances and are composed of human life, human vibration, of human possibilities far beyond architecture.
I see very little human in Sao Paulo, a city where you can't live without cars and sidewalks really don't have conditions for people to walk (I'm not saying my city is perfect in that aspect). The only interesting areas in the city are rundown and filled with beggars or thieves or that stuff. I feel sorry about SP because even among other big Latin American cities such as Lima, Buenos Aires or Mexico City the old city is a place where people can go to and walk.

Also the main areas of the city look quite bad when compared to other major cities especially when you compare details like sidewalks, bus stops, light poles and the list goes on. Also, the city looks quite dirty, but that's not only a SP's thing.

I'm NOT obcessed with German cities or whatsoever, I know how to recognize urban beauty in my own country (Curitiba, Rio de Janeiro, Florianópolis) and you have to admit that your city, despite of all the diversity and choices it has, is not an example of urban planning or urban environment.
schmidt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 01:43 AM   #154
JoseRodolfo
NON DVCOR DVCO

Likes (Received): 91

Quote:
I see very little human in Sao Paulo, a city where you can't live without cars and sidewalks really don't have conditions for people to walk (I'm not saying my city is perfect in that aspect). The only interesting areas in the city are rundown and filled with beggars or thieves or that stuff. I feel sorry about SP because even among other big Latin American cities such as Lima, Buenos Aires or Mexico City the old city is a place where people can go to and walk.

Also the main areas of the city look quite bad when compared to other major cities especially when you compare details like sidewalks, bus stops, light poles and the list goes on. Also, the city looks quite dirty, but that's not only a SP's thing.
You are just repeating some myths about the city. Anyone who looks at the pictures can see that things you say are not true.
JoseRodolfo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 02:00 AM   #155
meaburroperomerio

Likes (Received): 561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joás Santos View Post
That´s not true... In Argentina white people is really attractive to black people, because here there´s not many of them... so you´re lying about the racism...
Old December 10th, 2010, 02:18 AM   #156
tuba162
Down Under SP

Likes (Received): 764

Gee.. bloody hell
Is it too hard to just admire the pics without talking crap?

Anyway...

Keep posting
Luv your threads..
tuba162 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 02:18 AM   #157
JoãoVR

Likes (Received): 288

sesacional this city is, and has a bustling nightlife
Old December 10th, 2010, 04:28 AM   #158
Kaique

Likes (Received): 485

Intresting as some of us, brazilians, are still so immature, and unsecure about ourselfs.
Whatever to the most or less on this or that.
The purpose of the forum is simply to exhibit not so evident places around the world looking.
Why don't you leave the judgements aside?

São Paulo obviously is an intresting place. It's a mighty city, but with its peculiarities and problems as most of its size and relevance anywhere.
So far it isn't also the golden dream of brazilian city. And lately, it has been providing us with unhappy and most reprehensible exemples of intolerance, with public GLTB's beatings, movements and motions with racial, cultural discriminatory contents.
What is a shame, once the rest of the nation's spirit is celebrating our divesity.

Paulistanos, make up your mind and open yourselfs to a world much bigger than your metropolis!
Kaique no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 08:23 AM   #159
tchelllo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaique View Post
Intresting as some of us, brazilians, are still so immature, and unsecure about ourselfs.
Whatever to the most or less on this or that.
The purpose of the forum is simply to exhibit not so evident places around the world looking.
Why don't you leave the judgements aside?

São Paulo obviously is an intresting place. It's a mighty city, but with its peculiarities and problems as most of its size and relevance anywhere.
So far it isn't also the golden dream of brazilian city. And lately, it has been providing us with unhappy and most reprehensible exemples of intolerance, with public GLTB's beatings, movements and motions with racial, cultural discriminatory contents.What is a shame, once the rest of the nation's spirit is celebrating our divesity.

Paulistanos, make up your mind and open yourselfs to a world much bigger than your metropolis!

when you refer about São Paulo and paulistanos, never forget you are talking about people from all over Brazil and world that live here, and every person who comes brings their education (good or bad ones).

but remember that most of the groups fighting for gay rights are here in Sao Paulo, including the most significant of them.

and when you try to debunk a metropolis of 20 million people because 2 homophobia cases that reached the media, you underestimate the intelligence of people, specialy 3 million people intelligence who go to the world's largest gay parade in the city and other thousands of gay people from rest of the cuntry who choose to live in São Paulo due to the diversity of gay places and gay friendly places to enjoy freely.

And you must be joking when you say that the rest of the country celebrates diversity. the state of Maranhão, where the capital is São Luiz (associated to your nickname) is notoriously known for all groups of gay rights in brazil as one of the most violent in terms of homophobia.

Much of violence against homosexuals within states like Ceará or Maranhão even be disclosed or reported by the press, unlike Sao Paulo where cases are made public by the press but also by active groups of gay rights, then I request you to inform yourself better before you go around writing nonsenses.

The region where you live has only 30% of the population and concentrated 39% of crimes against homosexuals in Brazil last year.

Vá se informar querido!

"O Nordeste confirma ser a região mais homofóbica: abriga 30% da população brasileira e registrou 39% dos LGBT assassinados. 21% destes crimes letais ocorreram no Sudeste, 15% no Sul, 14% no Centro-Oeste, 10% no Norte. O risco de um homossexual do Nordeste ser assassinado é aproximadamente 80% mais elevado do que no sul/sudeste! 39% destes homicídios foram cometidos nas capitais, 61% nas cidades do interior.
41% dos LGBT assassinados eram jovens de até 29 anos, dos quais 6 tinham menos de 18 anos. A vítima de menor idade foi uma travesti com 16 anos, Jeferson Santos, baleada no centro de Belém do Pará."

fonte: http://www.ggb.org.br/dossier%20de%2...em%202009.html (grupo gay da bahia)

Last edited by tchelllo; December 10th, 2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old December 10th, 2010, 01:03 PM   #160
Luis FTC
eSPetacular

Likes (Received): 2434

Quote:

I'm NOT obcessed with German cities or whatsoever, I know how to recognize urban beauty in my own country (Curitiba, Rio de Janeiro, Florianópolis) and you have to admit that your city, despite of all the diversity and choices it has, is not an example of urban planning or urban environment.
Typical vision of people who doesn't know the city. A lot of misconceptions, generally taken from media or from people who "lived" the city very well in 1 day. Only the pictures in this thread are enough to show that you're wrong.