daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 10th, 2010, 01:04 PM   #161
Luis FTC
eSPetacular

Likes (Received): 2434

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaique View Post
Intresting as some of us, brazilians, are still so immature, and unsecure about ourselfs.
Whatever to the most or less on this or that.
The purpose of the forum is simply to exhibit not so evident places around the world looking.
Why don't you leave the judgements aside?

São Paulo obviously is an intresting place. It's a mighty city, but with its peculiarities and problems as most of its size and relevance anywhere.
So far it isn't also the golden dream of brazilian city. And lately, it has been providing us with unhappy and most reprehensible exemples of intolerance, with public GLTB's beatings, movements and motions with racial, cultural discriminatory contents.
What is a shame, once the rest of the nation's spirit is celebrating our divesity.

Paulistanos, make up your mind and open yourselfs to a world much bigger than your metropolis!
In other words: the world is much bigger than SP, but not bigger than Fortaleza or São Luís.

Sponsored Links
Old December 10th, 2010, 02:32 PM   #162
schmidt

Likes (Received): 59

I understand that SP is, for someone who has lived his or her entire life in the city, an amazing city, with everything you need and blah blah blah. But if you're an outsider you have a different view of the city and you can compare it without bias to other cities (in the country and in the world).

I myself lived in Blumenau for most of my life and when I came back from a 6-month stay in Berlin I had a different look to the city and could see much more than I'd see in the rest of my life without going abroad - in other words, I had an outsider's view of the city.

IMO it's too bad that paulistanos see their city as a pleasant and beautiful place (which is not). It will never improve if you don't change your mindset.
schmidt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 07:47 PM   #163
Luis FTC
eSPetacular

Likes (Received): 2434

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidt View Post
I understand that SP is, for someone who has lived his or her entire life in the city, an amazing city, with everything you need and blah blah blah. But if you're an outsider you have a different view of the city and you can compare it without bias to other cities (in the country and in the world).

I myself lived in Blumenau for most of my life and when I came back from a 6-month stay in Berlin I had a different look to the city and could see much more than I'd see in the rest of my life without going abroad - in other words, I had an outsider's view of the city.

IMO it's too bad that paulistanos see their city as a pleasant and beautiful place (which is not). It will never improve if you don't change your mindset.
I think we only see what we want to see. SP is beautiful and pleasant in many ways, many places, many neighbourhoods. You just have to discover it.
Old December 10th, 2010, 08:11 PM   #164
Gaudi-RM

Likes (Received): 49

i love it!
Gaudi-RM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 08:16 PM   #165
Lost Cosmonaut
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Ugly, but it has its charm...LOL!
Lost Cosmonaut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 08:46 PM   #166
tchelllo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidt View Post

Last week for example I met a nice lady from San Jose - California in Ibirapuera Park, who walked much of the city by bus and by herself and she loved São Paulo!

She said that before coming here was warned about the violence in Brazil, about poverty and many other negative aspects, but when she arrived, was surprised by the city.

Retired psychiatrist, she become a backpacker around the world last years, and despite claiming that her greatest difficulty was to find in Sao Paulo, as entire Latin America, people who speak English on the streets.

She was surprised by the appearance and with the dynamics of the city, with its relative cleanliness compared to several other Latin American cities she visited and that feeling of insecurity walking through the city she said was equal even to great European cities she visited as London, Paris, Madrid etc.

When she asked me what I disliked in the city and I talked about on social inequality and about many homeless linving on the streets, she told me that this was not exclusive in São Paulo and that she was more shocked in Europe, where she saw many homeless people also, something she never expected.

At the end of a long conversation, she said she had visited the coastal cities of Brazil, but that São Paulo was the city she liked most by the dynamic and amount of interesting things she found here.

In the end I accompanied her on a tour by bus and train to the hotel where she was staying (Hyatt) and she even made a compliment to the quality of public transport, especially the cleanliness and quality of train and subway system , and we parted each other taking this picture.

And this is not the first nor the second nor the third time I talk to foreigners in São Paulo and all they talk about things like what this lady said.

So to me your vision about Sao Paulo, is a biased view of who hasn´t the ability to contextualize the city within their particular,its history, its trajectory, and its complexity. For me it is a very impoverished and limited view. But I respect.

It was pretty clear that some forumers did not like, were shocked with the title of the thread, considering it pretentious, and then decided to attack the city with critics to try to minimize the alleged claim.

honestly I do not care so much the views of this kind of forumer, even despite having lost my time to respond to some, to enrich others visitors with information... who knows me well in the Brazilian forum, they know I'm the first to make well-founded criticisms about the problems of Sao Paulo, but here it is clear to me that the criticisms are silly with defined objectives...

Sao Paulo is the most cosmopolitan city in Latin America, what can I do?

It was not me who invented it, just have the minimum of culture and information about what is being cosmopolitan and do your own research.

If I had written that São Paulo was the most modern city and sophisticated urban planning in L.A, would be very pretentious, but no, I just wrote the facts of reality.

Even the Brazilians jealous forumers here that make criticism did not even know the city. They usually come here, walk in half a dozen cliches places and think they know how to summarize a metropolitan area of 20 million just by a flawed vision.

But this behavior is something what a famous person said once: São Paulo is not a city for beginners.

Last edited by tchelllo; December 12th, 2010 at 01:01 AM.
tchelllo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2010, 08:47 PM   #167
Moonchild
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Moonchild no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2010, 01:22 AM   #168
tuba162
Down Under SP

Likes (Received): 764

Touché
tuba162 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2010, 02:14 AM   #169
pierolol
piero

Likes (Received): 3518

No doubt that sao paulo is cosmopolitan, but for me the most cosmopolitan is Buenos Aires (it's just my opinion). Beautiful city anyway!
Old December 13th, 2010, 12:21 PM   #170
tchelllo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierolol View Post
No doubt that sao paulo is cosmopolitan, but for me the most cosmopolitan is Buenos Aires (it's just my opinion). Beautiful city anyway!
Understand your point of view and I respect, but I cannot find so many foreign influences in B.A...Where are black people there? Where are japaneses, chineses, coreans, indians, and other diverse human groups there?

Its is lighter than water Buenos Aires society is much more homogeneous, and immigration that has received is based primarily on european immigration, Jews, lebaneses and people in the neighborhood.

Buenos Aires for me would be in second place as most cosmopolitan city in the region by not has asians or africans in their social composition.

Last edited by tchelllo; December 13th, 2010 at 12:33 PM.
Old December 13th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #171
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 244685

I would like to see some more photos from Sao Paulo; of course if you have photos...
christos-greece está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2010, 04:09 PM   #172
tchelllo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by christos-greece View Post
I would like to see some more photos from Sao Paulo; of course if you have photos...
Today I will take more photos for you christos...
Old December 14th, 2010, 11:13 AM   #173
christos-greece
Moderator!

For me? Anyway that sound good, i will visit this thread in couple days to see those photos...
Old December 14th, 2010, 01:24 PM   #174
tchelllo
BANNED

PICS FROM LATIN AMERICAN MEMORIAL AND FERNANDO COSTA´PARK

01 Vista da plataforma da linha de trem para o metrô

02 A estação Barra Funda é na superfície e sendo a primeira da linha Barra Funda - Itaquera. Aqui o metrô sai da estação, entra no túnel por baixo do Memorial da América Latina e sai do túnel 5 estações depois na Sé para um elevado.

03 Aqui, já saindo da estação e indo para o Memorial.

04 Há várias entradas no Memorial, mas a principal é esta onde passamos sob uma rua.

05 Estava rolando uma esposição sobre a cultura indígena nesta passagem de nível.

09 Já dentro do Memorial. Bom, como alguns já devem ter lido, eu não gosto do projeto do Memorial da América Latina. Acho que o Niemeyer foi muito egoísta e infeliz com o bairro da Barra funda, trazendo esta linguagem dele para um bairro de origem operária, com influências italianas que não tinha nada a ver com o entorno. Mas como São Paulo é uma salada mista de coisas, as pessoas acabam nem ligando...

16 A célebre mão sangrando em forma do continente, em homenagem aos índios que padeceram com a chegada dos europeus. O Memorial foi inaugurado em 1989 e na época teve a presença do Fidel Castro.

17 Há uma avenida que divide o lugar então o arquiteto projetou esta passarela. Eu gosto dela.

19 Este prédio em destaque é da Uninove. Universidade 9 de Julho. Uma universidade popular em São Paulo. Tipo uma Uniban melhorada.

20 Vista para o Terminal Rodoferroviário da Barra Funda. Aí estão localizadas duas linhas de trem, uma de metrô, um terminal rodoviário e um terminal urbano de ônibus municipais e intermunicipais.

21 De cima da passarela ainda olhando para o lado contrário. Vista para o prédio do parlamento latinoamericano.

22 Um pouco do que restou da herança fabril da Barra Funda. Ao fundo o skyline da região de Perdizes/Sumaré

24 Aqui olhando por entre uma das edificações do Memorial sentido Playcenter. Aquela coisa laranja é aquele brinquedo que despenca, que no Playcenter é chamado de Turbo Drop.

28 Estas edificações do Memorial abrigam museus, salas com exposições diversas, teatros etc. Infelizmente não abrem de segunda-feira...(dia em que tirei as fotos- ontem)

30 Bom, como não poderia faltar, rs, um pouco do povo na rua visto da passarela.

37 Aqui foi resolver um compromisso e já estava atrás do Memorial, na Avenida Francisco Matarazzo, chegando ao parque Fernando Costa, masi conhecido como Parque da Água Branca.

38 Já dentro do parque

39 Neste parque eu passei a infância, afinal morei muito anos no bairro da Barra Funda. Ele foi inaugurado em 1929 pelo secretário de agricultura da época, o tal Dr Fernando Costa (daí o nome do parque).

41 Este parque é bastante peculiar pois abriga em plena cidade de São Paulo, associações de criadores de raças de equinos e bovinos, além da Associação dos Agricultores Orgânicos do estado.

44 Ele é impecavelmente bem cuidado.

53 Antigamente nestas tendas, haviam animais silvestres, como macaquinhos, tucanos, araras. Hoje virou um espaço de leitura e os animais foram soltos pelo parque.

55 Aqui é a arena onde ocorrem exposições de cavalos e aulas de equitação. Aquele telão na arena é um telão com imagens projetadas com esguichos de água.

58 Com a luz do dia e nublado não dá pra ver muito bem, mas a noite deve ficar lindo.

59 Detalhe de um dos prédios das Telefonica ao fundo.

62 Este é o parquinho mais bucólico que eu já vi...

65 Aqui um dos bichos soltos do parque.

66 Olha a classe do pavão...

78 Este aquário é novo. Aliás, vale registrar que o parque está em obras. Há partes interditadas. Gostaria muito de ter registrado o museu de geologia e os estábulos dos cavalos.

82 Que bonitinho o casal fazendo a lição da escola...rs...

84 Bom, aqui já começou a chover e aí terminou meu passeio.

Last edited by tchelllo; December 14th, 2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old December 14th, 2010, 05:29 PM   #175
Pescara_Calcio

Likes (Received): 18

Buenos Aires is better...

It's a joke (both cities are great, but different)

Thanks a lot for the pics, viva Sao Paulo & Brazil
Old December 15th, 2010, 12:05 PM   #176
christos-greece
Moderator!

For once again very nice photos and views from Sao Paulo
Old December 17th, 2010, 04:54 PM   #177
tchelllo
BANNED

here's a video I made about São Paulo

Last edited by tchelllo; December 17th, 2010 at 08:15 PM.
Old December 20th, 2010, 01:25 PM   #178
tchelllo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescara_Calcio View Post
Buenos Aires is better...

It's a joke (both cities are great, but different)

Thanks a lot for the pics, viva Sao Paulo & Brazil

Gracias!
Old December 20th, 2010, 01:26 PM   #179
tchelllo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by christos-greece View Post
For once again very nice photos and views from Sao Paulo
tks christos!
Old December 20th, 2010, 01:26 PM   #180
tchelllo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierolol View Post
tks pierolol!