daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > Miami

Miami Includes Broward and Palm Beach Counties » Development News

Old November 24th, 2010, 06:51 AM   #1
Endeavor305
Registered Fool

Likes (Received): 1859

Fire Coach Spo

That's strange, I could of sworn I posted this yesterday. Guess it didn't go through.

www.firespo.com

Sponsored Links

Old November 24th, 2010, 07:55 AM   #2
Södermalm
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

how about fire whoever is supposed to be moderating this forum for allowing so many of these sports threads to proliferate, none of which belong on a skyscraper site.

its bad enough that the inept, power-tripping moderator has conspired with his septa-riding turncoat friend to ban anyone interested in discussing miami urban issues, effectively killing the forum....

Last edited by Södermalm; November 28th, 2010 at 02:13 AM.
Södermalm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2010, 05:18 PM   #3
ftlauddude
Ça va?

Likes (Received): 1098

Oh your precious "trifecta" ain't working?!?!?...Interesting!!!! All the fuss you guys made on other threads to the level of even suggesting that having three mortals in a basketball team would create migration of humans populating half of downtown....LMAO!
Old November 24th, 2010, 06:40 PM   #4
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Likes (Received): 13320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor305 View Post
That's strange, I could of sworn I posted this yesterday. Guess it didn't go through.

www.firespo.com
Actually, you did. I merged it with another Heat thread since it was Heat related. I'm trying to keep down the proliferation of different threads on the same topic or threads that really don't warrant their on thread. Sorry, but I usually send guys a message saying that is what happened to their thread.

My photo threads:

QuantumX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2010, 11:00 AM   #5
spellbound
Contents Under Pressure

Likes (Received): 5013

I wouldn't have any problem with Riley (once again) taking the coaching reins, but I'm starting to think the problems with this team run deeper than that.

Miami just doesn't have much physical presence in the middle, and without that they're really not all that scary and far from intimidating. 15 games into this and they've only beaten one quality opponent---the same Orlando team that returned the favor last night.

And let's be honest, the bench is just lousy. With Haslem out, there just isn't much quality there at all. It should get better when Miller returns in a month or so, but losing Udonis is pretty big and some of these other guys like Arroyo are marginal at best.

I'm not giving in by any means. 80% of the season is yet to be played, after all. But I think it's safe to say the Heat is probably not going to be nearly as great as we may have hoped for despite the individual talents of the "Big Three." Not sure a coaching change can do much about what is flawed---at least this year.

God, I hope they can get it going. Otherwise, the team is going to be a laughingstock (unfortunately with some merit) for the millions who want to see them fail.

C'mon Heat!
spellbound no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2010, 01:06 PM   #6
Bobdreamz

Likes (Received): 884

yes last night was disappointing to say the least! Orlando led all night and the Heat finally took a 1 point lead in the fourth only to blow it! Wade blew a lot of shots and was really off his game last night & Bosh had his back spasms to deal with. Get it together boys! You are not a .500 team!
Old November 27th, 2010, 01:33 AM   #7
spellbound
Contents Under Pressure

They have an easy game tonight versus the Sixers (well, hopefully anyway) but the next few weeks will tell plenty about where this is headed. The game at Cleveland is approaching. That's one game they almost HAVE to win to save face.
Old November 27th, 2010, 07:23 AM   #8
Endeavor305
Registered Fool

Yes Spellbound. This team lacks physical presence inside the paint and talent off the bench. Haslem's injury is a setback, but we should get Mike Miller back. If this team can pull it together, they can still be scary in the playoffs this year. Nice win tonight against an underrated and talented 76ers team.

Go Heat!!!!
Old November 27th, 2010, 12:18 PM   #9
spellbound
Contents Under Pressure

Quote:
Yes Spellbound. This team lacks physical presence inside the paint and talent off the bench. Haslem's injury is a setback, but we should get Mike Miller back. If this team can pull it together, they can still be scary in the playoffs this year. Nice win tonight against an underrated and talented 76ers team.

Go Heat!!!!
Honestly, I think the Sixers are pretty bad (borderline awful, actually). They have the same role the Panthers do down there---completely off the local sports radar. The other pro teams here have been consistently good and/or title contenders in recent years, so the Sixers are just forgotten in the mix and rarely a topic of conversation. Kinda sad for the franchise of Dr. J and 'Chocolate Thunder' of years past.

But no matter. Definitely a much needed win for the Heat after a very bad week.

Miller should return sometime around New Year's. That will help---so will more time together for the team as a whole.

Where this is all headed, I'm not sure. It's hard to see how the Heat solves the physical problem in the middle without the actual players to do that, but hopefully they mesh gears enough otherwise that it becomes less of an issue.

One thing (imo) that needs a definitive answer sooner than later is the coaching deal. If it's to be Spoelstra all year, then Riley should make that abundantly clear to the players. If not, he shoud get back courtside a.s.a.p. and end any uncertainty and drama about it.

I don't think the whole dynamic of having a 'maybe' coach serves the team well---particularly a team that has already shown an annoying tinge of laziness on occassion. They need one voice (along with consequences for bad play) if they are to overtake teams like Orlando and Boston...let alone the Lakers.
Old November 27th, 2010, 08:16 PM   #10
Endeavor305
Registered Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
Honestly, I think the Sixers are pretty bad (borderline awful, actually). They have the same role the Panthers do down there---completely off the local sports radar. The other pro teams here have been consistently good and/or title contenders in recent years, so the Sixers are just forgotten in the mix and rarely a topic of conversation. Kinda sad for the franchise of Dr. J and 'Chocolate Thunder' of years past.

But no matter. Definitely a much needed win for the Heat after a very bad week.

Miller should return sometime around New Year's. That will help---so will more time together for the team as a whole.

Where this is all headed, I'm not sure. It's hard to see how the Heat solves the physical problem in the middle without the actual players to do that, but hopefully they mesh gears enough otherwise that it becomes less of an issue.

One thing (imo) that needs a definitive answer sooner than later is the coaching deal. If it's to be Spoelstra all year, then Riley should make that abundantly clear to the players. If not, he shoud get back courtside a.s.a.p. and end any uncertainty and drama about it.

I don't think the whole dynamic of having a 'maybe' coach serves the team well---particularly a team that has already shown an annoying tinge of laziness on occassion. They need one voice (along with consequences for bad play) if they are to overtake teams like Orlando and Boston...let alone the Lakers.
I have to admit, I feel bad about starting this thread about firing a guy from his job although I do think Riley would be the better coach. Mainly due to his presence alone.

Anyway, I know 76ers are bad, but I'm trying to glorify the Heat win as much as possible . I honestly don't think they have enough to beat a great all around team this year (Lakers, maybe Boston too), but that doesn't mean I don't think we can't or won't. Maybe after getting Miller back they find some great rhythm or something. Maybe Dampier will be good enough and with this great rhythm we are able to get by everyone, who knows? At worst, we're still a very good team with a lot of potential. Very similar to the Lakers before getting Gasol. Gasol was the missing piece that put them over the top. We need to keep building chemistry and get that one (maybe two) missing pieces. Let's see what happens. Thanks for giving us the insight into the local team from up there. Take it easy our Philly friend.
Old November 27th, 2010, 09:33 PM   #11
spellbound
Contents Under Pressure

Quote:
I have to admit, I feel bad about starting this thread about firing a guy from his job although I do think Riley would be the better coach. Mainly due to his presence alone.
I think he'd probably get more out of them, too. Not sure he really wants to do it anymore, though, at his age (65).

Either way, I just think they need to make it clear to the players (and Spoelstra, for that matter) what the deal is. Maybe they've done that internally...don't know.

They could definitely gel and still be great this year---I haven't given up on that at all. It's just that they seem incomplete right now and the physical problem in the middle has been an issue in pretty much every game.

They need a "statement" win at some point to really get this thing cranked. Let's hope it happens!
Old December 5th, 2010, 01:18 PM   #12
theEmbarcadero

Likes (Received): 2195

I don't like this thread...and I find that they are popping up in every city and in every sport where something is wrong with the team. The first of these that I ever saw was the fireronzook website that Gator fans started.

I find it to be boorish and childish behavior. Eric Spoelstra is working very hard and is under more pressure than any head coach that South Forida has ever seen---given the universal expectations.

Being hand picked by Pat Riley is good enough for me. I don't think the anti-Spo crowd is looking very far into the future (typical American thinking, though).

We need to develop our own history...and we are not going to do this by bringing down a 65 year old coach from the front office---whose glory days are a quarter of a century ago--with another team!

Riley will be in his 70's before Lebron's contract is up....! Is that really what you want, Heat fans?

Why not have a 47 year old coach with 2-4 titles under his belt?!?!?

And finally, lest we forget...these are real human beings we are discussing here who have wives, kids, and family who are subjected to this garbage. I would have hated to see internet websites filled with enraged strangers who advocated my firing whenever I had a bad week...!

There is no bigger sports fan in the Miami threads than me...I dare anyone to challenge this. Yet as I get older, I am embarrassed by the importance I/we put on winning at all costs. Some good men have been run out of town in the past few years....all for the unpardonable sin of not winning enough games.

Lord help us...!
theEmbarcadero no está en línea   Reply With Quote