daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 4th, 2005, 04:25 AM   #141
Hobodog

Likes (Received): 1

5 up on the left of the right hand rows of text...does that say Peking?
Hobodog no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 4th, 2005, 09:36 PM   #142
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18177

Shanghai's new runway will be ready in march
4 January 2005
South China Morning Post

The second runway at Shanghai's international airport will start operating in March, with a third to follow before the end of 2007 as part of the city's ambitious plans to create a global air hub.

The announcement, made through state media, marks the first time the city has released a timetable for the opening of the two new runways at Pudong International Airport. A fourth is planned, depending on market conditions.

A second terminal building is also scheduled to open in 2008. The new runways and terminal will be able to accommodate the Airbus A380 super jumbo, officials of the Shanghai Airport Group said.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2005, 08:43 PM   #143
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Likes (Received): 4

Southern Airlines may order 20 Boeing 7E7s

(Agencies)
Updated: 2005-01-05 16:53

China Southern Airlines could be set to place a 2.4 billion dollar order for 20 of Boeing's new 7E7 jets.

The new fuel-efficient jets could be operational by the Beijing 2008 Olympics.

Last month, Chinese aviation authorities reportedly ordered a freeze on new commercial aircraft orders in 2005 in an effort to curb sharp and uncontrolled growth by domestic airlines.

However, airline company executives have shrugged off the new directive saying it would not affect development strategies as the ban only applied to new purchases in 2005 and not deliveries of existing orders.

Liu Shaoyong, a China Southern Airlines manager, said that the company's purchasing plans had already been decided and were not affected.

Boeing is said to have secured initial agreements with three other Chinese airlines, as well as Southern, for orders of 7E7s for delivery by 2008.

"My Settlement of Singapore continues to thrive most wonderfully - it is all and everything I could wish and, if no untimely fate awaits it, promises to become the Emporium and the pride of the East" - Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles, 10th September 1820
huaiwei no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2005, 02:15 AM   #144
loyola

Likes (Received): 1

One of the most amazing airports I have dealt with in China has been the one in Panzhihua, over the top of a hill. Not only for the airport itself but for the investment done in infrastructure around the whole mountain. There is only space for the runway, nothing else. They got a new Airbus to deal with it because of the landing precision required. Amazing. Did not get pictures, next time, but if you find one air view, it is impressive.
L
loyola no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2005, 02:37 AM   #145
wanglisg

Likes (Received): 0

good
wanglisg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2005, 10:00 PM   #146
Insane alex
Stockholm rules!

Likes (Received): 23

I can't bealive that Shanghai dosn't have a larger airport!

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=449245
Countries i've been to: Australia, Austria, Canada, Brazil, China, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Lichtenstein, Germany, The Netherlands, Latvia, Italy, UK, USA, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hong Kong.
Insane alex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2005, 10:18 PM   #147
General Huo

Likes (Received): 713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane alex
I can't bealive that Shanghai dosn't have a larger airport!
It's getting larger, very larger. Be patient

“匈奴未灭,无以家为也!” 汉冠军侯景桓侯骠骑大将军大司马霍去病
General Huo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2005, 10:31 PM   #148
General Huo

Wuhan airport just started to build a new big terminal.

Beijing airport in 1950s

terminal I in 1980s

terminal II in 1990s

Guilin Liangjiang airport

Wuhan Tianhe airport, terminal I

Old January 6th, 2005, 11:55 PM   #149
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Wednesday January 5, 3:11 PM
China Southern Airlines may order 20 Boeing 7E7s

BEIJING (AFP) - China Southern Airlines, the country's top domestic carrier, could be set to place a 2.4 billion dollar order for 20 of Boeing's new 7E7 jets.

Boeing's new fuel-efficient jets could be deliverd by 2008, when the Olympic Games will be held in Beijing, the Beijing News reported, citing unnamed sources.

Last month, Chinese aviation authorities reportedly ordered a freeze on new commercial aircraft orders in 2005 in an effort to curb sharp and uncontrolled growth by domestic airlines.

However, airline company executives have shrugged off the new directive saying it would not affect development strategies as the ban only applied to new purchases in 2005 and not deliveries of existing orders.

Liu Shaoyong, a China Southern Airlines manager, was quoted as saying that the company's purchasing plans had already been decided and were not affected.

Boeing is believed to have secured initial agreements with four Chinese airlines for orders of 7E7s for delivery by 2008.

Boeing has so far received 126 orders for 7E7s, with 56 confirmed, leaving it short of its 2004 launch target of some 200. The aircraft is seen as crucial in the company's strategy as it faces up to ever increasing competition from Europe's Airbus.

The Boeing plane will carry around 217 passengers on routes of up to 15,700 kilometers (9,800 miles).

The world's biggest aircraft builder said the plane will use 20 percent less fuel than any similar sized jet while travelling at speeds of around 850 kilometers (530 miles) an hour.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
Old January 7th, 2005, 12:06 AM   #150
Sen

Likes (Received): 24

i hope the continental will receive the right to fly into china
Sen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 06:22 AM   #151
Qwertyuiop

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFCP4EVER
China has how many international airports?
I think the only international airports in China are Beijing Capital, Shanghai Pudong, Guangzhou New Baiyun and Hong Kong Int'l. From these cities, all other Chinese cities can be reached with domestic flights. They have some kind of rule that only allows international flights to land in these four "coastal" cities, perhaps as a defense mechanism of some sort or just because China is just emerging in terms of amount of commercial air traffic.

Again, I'm not sure about any of this. Can anyone help straighten me out?
Old January 7th, 2005, 03:32 PM   #152
General Huo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyuiop
I think the only international airports in China are Beijing Capital, Shanghai Pudong, Guangzhou New Baiyun and Hong Kong Int'l. From these cities, all other Chinese cities can be reached with domestic flights. They have some kind of rule that only allows international flights to land in these four "coastal" cities, perhaps as a defense mechanism of some sort or just because China is just emerging in terms of amount of commercial air traffic.

No such rules long time ago, dozens of cities, incl Chengdu, Kunming, Xian, Urumqi, Xiamen, Shenyang, Harbin, Nanjing, Hangzhou, Wuhan, Chongqing, Lasa, Changchun, Fuzhou etc have regular international routes, and will have more cities in future.

Old January 7th, 2005, 03:51 PM   #153
General Huo

If only Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and HK allow fly international routes, these big four would have much more passengers, but I think current policy are more friendly and convenient to the passengers, basically saving time and having more choice. However it makes Seoul, Tokyo and Bangkok as a transfer hub for many Chinese passengers, they all have many flights to many Chinese cities, and I remember when I took the flight transfered at Tokyo and Seoul, half of the passengers on the planes from Tokyo or Seoul to US are Chinese.

Old January 7th, 2005, 05:39 PM   #154
km-sh
Chinese

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyuiop

no,China has at least 40 international airports.

Beijing topic[北京专题] Shanghai topic[上海专题] Fuzhou topic[福州专辑]
Kunming Topic[昆明专辑] airports pics of China[中国机场]

○ ◢■■◣ ◢■■◣ ◢■■◣ ◢■■■
○    ■ ■  ■ ■  ■ ■   
○ ◢■■◤ ■  ■ ■  ■ ■■■◣
○ ■    ■  ■ ■  ■    ■
○ ◥■■■ ◥■■◤ ◥■■◤ ■■■◤
km-sh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 06:29 PM   #155
km-sh
Chinese

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFCP4EVER
China has how many international airports?
I cant believe you can live in Washington DC,your english...

○ ◢■■◣ ◢■■◣ ◢■■◣ ◢■■■
○    ■ ■  ■ ■  ■ ■   
○ ◢■■◤ ■  ■ ■  ■ ■■■◣
○ ■    ■  ■ ■  ■    ■
○ ◥■■■ ◥■■◤ ◥■■◤ ■■■◤
Old January 7th, 2005, 06:38 PM   #156
General Huo

Quote:
Originally Posted by km-sh
no,China has at least 40 international airports.
40? wow, I know there are many, but don't know that many.

Do you have the list?

I know Haikou, Dalian, Qingdao, Jinan, Ningbo, Fuzhou, Shenzhen have international flights besides those I gave above, maybe Zhengzhou, Changsha, Yantai......

Old January 7th, 2005, 07:34 PM   #157
km-sh
Chinese

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Huo
40? wow, I know there are many, but don't know that many.

Do you have the list?

I know Haikou, Dalian, Qingdao, Jinan, Ningbo, Fuzhou, Shenzhen have international flights besides those I gave above, maybe Zhengzhou, Changsha, Yantai......
most provinces has at least a international airport.
Cant you forget Kuming wujiaba intenational,Xi'an xianyang intenational,Chengdu shuangliu intenational,Chongqing jiangbei intenational,shenyang xiantao intenational,Hangzhou xiaoshan intenational,Xiamen Gaoqi intenational,Wuhan tianhe
intenational,Wulumuqi diwopu intenational,...the east China provinces have more international airports.

○ ◢■■◣ ◢■■◣ ◢■■◣ ◢■■■
○    ■ ■  ■ ■  ■ ■   
○ ◢■■◤ ■  ■ ■  ■ ■■■◣
○ ■    ■  ■ ■  ■    ■
○ ◥■■■ ◥■■◤ ◥■■◤ ■■■◤
Old January 7th, 2005, 08:27 PM   #158
General Huo

I've already listed them in the previous post.

I just googled some more, so we can list what we know

Beijing
Shanghai
Guangzhou
We don't need to list these big 3, too many

Shenzhen: Singapore, Osaka

Chengdu: Singapore, Bangkok, Osaka, Phuket(recent tsunami), Kathmandu, Tokyo, Seoul, Paris

Chongqing: Tokyo, Seoul, Nagoya(stopped?), Kuala Lumpur(new?)

Kunming: Yangon, Bangkok, Dubai, Singapore, Osaka, Siem Reap, etc

Guilin: Osaka, Fukuoka, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok,

Nanning: Hanoi, Phnom Penh, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore,

Haikou: 19 international flights to Hainan now and many more will be open. Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Osaka, Seoul, Bangkok, Fukuoka,

Sanya: Seoul, Busan, Moscow, Vladivostok

Shantou

Changsha: Seoul

Nanchang: Singapore(through GZ)

Wuhan:Seoul, Paris, Osaka, Fukuoka, Aukland, Sydney, Singapore

Zhengzhou: Bangkok, Seoul

Xiamen: too many, at least 24 international routes, Singapore, Bangkok, Osaka, Tokyo, Manila, Jakata, Kuala Lumpur, Pechang, Seoul, 雅比? etc

Fuzhou: 7 flights, Osaka, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur

Wenzhou: ?

Hangzhou: Tokyo, Osaka, Seoul, Nagoya, Singapore, etc

Ningbo: Singapore, Bangkok, Seoul

Nanjing: Singapore, Seoul, Nagoya, Osaka, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, and to Canada and Russia

Qingdao: Bangkok, Singapore, Seoul, Daqiu (Korea, name?) and other Korean cities, there are tens thousands of Koreans in Qingdao, Osaka and many other Japanese cities

Jinan: Singapore, Bangkok

Tianjin: Seoul, Vladivostok, Singapore and many cargo flights

Shenyang: Singapore, Tyoko, Seoul, Pyongyang, and many other Korean and Japanese routes (沈阳—东京、沈阳-大阪、沈阳-札幌、沈阳-福冈, 沈阳-汉城、沈阳-清州、沈阳-大邱、沈阳-釜山)

Dalian: 20 international routes, many to Japan and Russia (大连-东京、大连-大阪、大连-富山、大连-富冈、大连-名古屋, 大连-汉城), Munich (via BJ), 伯力, 伊尔库斯克, Vladivostok, Singapore,

changchun: Tokyo, Sendai(Japan, spell?), Minsk, Seoul, Vladivostok, 伊尔库茨克

Yanji: Seoul

Harbin: another important international hub, may routes, especially to Russia, Japan, Korea and Los Angeles,

Taiyan: will open to Japan, Korea and Asean flights soon

Xian:important international airport, flights to many Japanese, Korean, Asean cities

Huhhot: Ulanbatar (Mongolia) Chitar (Russia)

Urumqi, very important international airport, to many Central Asia, European, Arabic flights, and also to many Japan, Korea, and Asean cities.

Kashi: Islambadad

Lasa:Kathmandu

Maybe there are more, but it does show a lot international airports in China now, things change so fast.

Chinese international flights by 2003

Last edited by General Huo; January 7th, 2005 at 09:26 PM.
Old January 8th, 2005, 02:56 AM   #159
hkskyline
Hong Kong

China to drive growth in air traffic
7 January 2005
The Nation (Thailand)

China looks set to lead the world's growth in passenger and cargo traffic in the next several years. Nophakhun Limsamarnphun reports in the final part of a series on the aviation business.

The International Air Transport Association (IATA), which groups more than 270 airlines worldwide, has forecast that global passenger and cargo traffic will grow at an annual average rate of 6 per cent until 2008.

Over the four years, China will likely head the pack, with a 12.5-per-cent annual growth rate in passenger traffic, followed by Poland, Hungary, the United Arab Emirates and the Czech Republic.

As for cargo traffic, the China-Netherlands route will likely see the highest average annual growth at 23 per cent. Next will be Poland-Sri Lanka, 21.7 per cent; Phillippines-Hungary, 18.2 per cent; China-Malaysia, 16.2 per cent; and Austria-China, 14.6 per cent.

Of the world's three most dynamic regions in terms of economic prospects, Asia comes out ahead of North America and Europe in most forecasts for the next four years. Asian growth is mainly driven by China, an increasingly dynamic India and a hesitant recovery in Japan, Brian Pierce, IATA's chief economist, said during a recent global media briefing in Geneva.

"China is set for powerful medium-term growth under its ongoing economic liberalisation policies and the investment boom that has been generated," Pierce said, adding that Asia's high growth prospects for the aviation industry are against the backdrop of a slightly weaker world economy projected for this year.

Giovanni Bisignani, IATA director-general, said: "It looks like we've finished 2004 with the strongest traffic rebound that the industry has seen since the 1991 recovery from the effects of the Gulf War. Expectations for the rest of the forecast period are in line with historical trends. If nothing changes in the operating environment, this is the start of a good news story for the industry."

As for last year, passenger and cargo traffic is expected to have grown by more than 10 per cent, with China and India being the main engines.

On China, Bisignani said its government appeared to be on the right track in promoting the aviation industry as 20 airports are being planned or are under construction, at a combined cost of more than US$160 billion (Bt6.3 trillion). This is to prepare for the high growth rates in both passenger and cargo traffic over the next several years and for the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

"Obviously, they have a vision that represents great challenges and opportunities for the rest of the world in terms of competition [for aviation business] and for investment funds. China has also adopted the 'open skies' policy for Shanghai and Hainan, for instance.

"It has also embraced new air routes and has prepared other policies for fast and balanced development of the aviation industry," Bisignani said in an interview with The Nation.

Old January 8th, 2005, 05:46 AM   #160
km-sh
Chinese

zz
昆明--马尔代夫、曼德勒、缅甸仰光、日本大坂、韩国汉城、胡志明市、韩国仁川、曼谷、新加坡、河内、清迈、万象、柬埔寨暹粒、吉隆坡多条飞往东南亚的国际航线。

○ ◢■■◣ ◢■■◣ ◢■■◣ ◢■■■
○    ■ ■  ■ ■  ■ ■   
○ ◢■■◤ ■  ■ ■  ■ ■■■◣