daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 28th, 2011, 03:26 PM   #3201
HunanChina

Likes (Received): 5

CRH400A

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjUxMjUzOTE2.html
HunanChina no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 28th, 2011, 03:37 PM   #3202
CarlosBlueDragon
CarlosRedDragon

Likes (Received): 678

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddes View Post
It took me about 45 to 55 minutes.

Or maybe it could be the intense fog (visibility of 100 metres) that was slowing my Beijing South-Tianjin train? Then again, the skies cleared up 3 hours later that same day, and it was barely hitting 300km/h. The highest I got was 294km/h on the return.
since in May I has saw 321km/h about 30min+ from Tianjin to Beijing South and got was 325km/h on the return
> 同一个做夢
> 同一个中国
(同一个北京)(同一个上海)(同一个天津)(同一个广州)(同一个深圳)(同一个重庆)(同一个杭州)(同一个南京)(同一个沈陽)(同一个武汉)(同一个成都)(同一个長春)(同一个长沙)(同一个苏州)(同一个无锡)(同一个扬州)(同一个西安)(同一个吉林)(同一个青島)(同一个大连)(同一个厦门)(同一个潮州)(同一个高州)(同一个香港)(同一个澳門)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I LoVe ChInA
CarlosBlueDragon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2011, 08:13 AM   #3203
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5759

Dear Passengers blog
http://www.dearpassengers.com/2011/1...en-early-2012/

Quote:
Faster and Quicker: Guangzhou-Shenzhen Segment of Beijing-Hong Kong HSR To Open Early 2012
Posted on 28 October 2011 by David Feng

The long-awaited Guangzhou-Shenzhen segment of the Beijing-Hong Kong HSR will finally open up in early in January 2012, in time for the 2012 Spring Festival peak travel season.

This stretch of the Beijing-Hong Kong HSR will be 142 km in length (which includes the Hong Kong segment). Trains will take about 30 minutes to run the stretch from Guangzhou South to Shenzhen North, and will run through:

Beijing

Shijiazhuang

Wuhan

Guangzhou South
Qingsheng
Humen
Guangming
Shenzhen North
Shenzhen Futian
West Kowloon (Hong Kong)

Missing now are the trains. Due to the lack of CRH380BL trains (recalled to optimize security systems on these trains), China’s HSR faces a temporary trainset shortage, but news is coming out that an increasing number of these recalled CRH380BL trains are slowly heading back onto the rails for tests and eventual re-entry into service.

In nearly-finalized schedules circulating on Sina Weibo, 70 “pairs” of trains will run on this line every day (a “pair” counts itself as a train running both ways: that’s a train to Shenzhen and a train back to Guangzhou). However, when the line first opens, all passengers must board and exit at Guangzhou South even if coming from destinations further north.

To make sure enough trains are available, some trains will remain “borrowed” from other railway bureaus. There are plans to transfer 14 CRH3C trainsets from the Beijing and Shanghai Railway Bureaus (together; not 14 per bureau). Of these, 9 trainsets will enter service on the new line. Initially, only 6 trainsets will service the new line, so we will probably only see 38 pairs of trains daily.

In future, though, we might see as many as 20 pairs of trains running on this line from Wuhan straight to Shenzhen North. It’ll get even more exciting once the Beijing-Shijiazhuang and Shijiazhuang-Wuhan segments open. It’ll probably take you just around 8 hours to reach the capital from Shenzhen!
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2011, 05:14 AM   #3204
Simfan34
Complainer-in-Chief

Likes (Received): 2463

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth View Post
It's not really necessary to post here rubbish from garbage, like FT or WSJ
Nonsense. The Wall Street Journal and the Financial Times are the world's most respected and widely read business papers, along with the Bankers' Journal.
Old October 31st, 2011, 06:41 AM   #3205
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6997

no, they are widely considered to be one of best examples of yellow press.
Old October 31st, 2011, 08:53 AM   #3206
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6911

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth
no, they are widely considered to be one of best examples of yellow press.
WSJ yes. But FT? Its certainly not using tabloid style. Politically and ideologically motivated? Probably yes. But then again so is almost all media regardless of where it is.
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2011, 08:11 PM   #3207
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunanChina View Post
I've seen that on Huning too, what a interesting sight.
hmmwv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2011, 08:42 PM   #3208
Northern Lotus

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pansori View Post
WSJ yes. But FT? Its certainly not using tabloid style. Politically and ideologically motivated? Probably yes. But then again so is almost all media regardless of where it is.
"If you do not read newspapers, you are not informed. If you read newspapers, you are misinformed."
Northern Lotus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2011, 09:01 PM   #3209
Pansori
planquadrat

So true.
Personally, I try to read media from countries that have no direct interest of misinforming on a particular subject. It's not 100% safe but a good bet nonetheless once you look for more objectivity. Hence, I would typically give preference to Singaporean media on Asian, European and American business/economy news.
Old November 1st, 2011, 01:04 AM   #3210
Silly_Walks

Likes (Received): 836

Quote:

So true.
Personally, I try to read media from countries that have no direct interest of misinforming on a particular subject. It's not 100% safe but a good bet nonetheless once you look for more objectivity. Hence, I would typically give preference to Singaporean media on Asian, European and American business/economy news.
Like Singaporean outlets have nothing to gain from giving world economic news from their own perspective
Silly_Walks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2011, 09:29 AM   #3211
HunanChina

Likes (Received): 5

I like this speed.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzE2OTA5Mjk2.html

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzE3MDIwMDIw.html

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzE2OTA2MzM2.html
HunanChina no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2011, 09:24 PM   #3212
coth
pride leader

16 25-meter long cars in 5 seconds on second video

(25*16)/5*60*60 = ~290 kmph
Old November 2nd, 2011, 09:42 PM   #3213
coth
pride leader

Quote:
they both have pretty much same style. and that "article" above shows it well. it's not the first crap from FT.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 10:33 PM   #3214
Pansori
planquadrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth View Post
they both have pretty much same style. and that "article" above shows it well. it's not the first crap from FT.
Yeah, but WSJ is just a wholly different level. I follow their reads on high speed rail in China and US and FT at least tries to look serious for most part while WSJ doesn't even bother. Anyway, I have learnt one thing which is not to rely on a single news source regardless of its origin or ideology (or lack of it).
Old November 3rd, 2011, 02:55 AM   #3215
Restless

Likes (Received): 271

Quote:
Yeah, but WSJ is just a wholly different level. I follow their reads on high speed rail in China and US and FT at least tries to look serious for most part while WSJ doesn't even bother. Anyway, I have learnt one thing which is not to rely on a single news source regardless of its origin or ideology (or lack of it).
I saw this recently

Wall Street Journal circulation scam claims senior Murdoch executive
Andrew Langhoff resigns as European publishing chief after exposure of secret channels of cash to help boost sales figures
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011...?newsfeed=true
Restless no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2011, 11:22 AM   #3216
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

Back on topic, the world's fastest HSR test platform became operational at Southwest Jiaotong University. It's capable of testing 600km/h class trainsets under various conditions.

近日,世界最高时速动车组运行试验平台在西南交通大学启用。该试验平台可以在每小时600公里的运行速度下模拟车组在不同线路干扰下运行,全方位实现对动车组运行性能的测试和参数的优化,从而确保列车的安全运行。该平台的启用标志着我国拥有了世界先进的高速列车研究平台。

hmmwv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2011, 12:25 PM   #3217
AlexNL

Likes (Received): 537

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmwv
Back on topic, the world's fastest HSR test platform became operational at Southwest Jiaotong University. It's capable of testing 600km/h class trainsets under various conditions.
Good news for Alstom, now they'll have a place to go to the next time they want to shatter a world record, instead of having to rely on a not yet commercially used LGV
Old November 3rd, 2011, 10:22 PM   #3218
foxmulder

Likes (Received): 381

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmwv View Post
Nice.. I am expecting many more records coming for high speed train sets.
foxmulder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2011, 07:10 AM   #3219
Sopomon
Hideous and malformed

Likes (Received): 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexNL View Post
Good news for Alstom, now they'll have a place to go to the next time they want to shatter a world record, instead of having to rely on a not yet commercially used LGV
To be fair, I doubt wheel-on-rail technologies can get much faster than 600km/h without becoming extremely dangerous, just think of the centripetal forces acting on the wheels!
But still, it will be interesting to see what happens.
Old November 5th, 2011, 07:48 AM   #3220
foxmulder

Likes (Received): 381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopomon View Post
To be fair, I doubt wheel-on-rail technologies can get much faster than 600km/h without becoming extremely dangerous, just think of the centripetal forces acting on the wheels!
But still, it will be interesting to see what happens.
There is quite a way to reach 600km/h yet We are just around 300-350 window now. Next big thing may be vacuum tube trains...
foxmulder no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
china, high speed rail