daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 29th, 2012, 02:02 AM   #3581
elianzoom

Likes (Received): 0

Must recognize !!, China has done an impresive work on mass transport by HSL, I Think this country will be one of the most oil independent in terms of mass transport in the future. They produce their own electricity, the grade of electrificatión of the ralways are impresive too, and the plans confirms this for very next future. If the metro area transports sistems are planned as well as the HSL´s , no oil crisis will get you off the way, well done !! sincerely congrats !!
elianzoom no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 29th, 2012, 04:30 AM   #3582
zergcerebrates

Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopomon View Post
Strange to see so many of the platforms empty?
Is Wuhan operating under capacity or something?

That photo was taken long time ago during the early days of its opening.
zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2012, 05:43 AM   #3583
big-dog

Likes (Received): 6840

Quote:
China's railway ministry to launch $6.4 bln tenders

SHANGHAI | Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:25pm EST

SHANGHAI Feb 24 (Reuters) - China's Ministry of Railways will start a new round of tender offers this year for its high-speed railways that could be worth up to 40 billion yuan ($6.35 billion), the China Securities Journal reported on Friday, quoting industry sources.

The ministry also plans to procure 86 billion yuan worth of vehicles this year, the sources told the newspaper.

China CNR Corp and China South Locomotive and Rolling Stock Corp Ltd (CSR) , may be the main beneficiaries of the tender offer and could see the new orders impacting results in 2013 and beyond, the newspaper said. ($1 = 6.2985 yuan) (Reporting by Melanie Lee; Editing by Jonathan Hopfner)
source
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2012, 06:03 AM   #3584
General Huo

Likes (Received): 718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopomon View Post
Strange to see so many of the platforms empty?
Is Wuhan operating under capacity or something?
There are separated waiting areas in all Chinese railway stations. The platforms are opened to passengers only about 10 minutes before train's departure. So the platforms look empty in most of time.

“匈奴未灭,无以家为也!” 汉冠军侯景桓侯骠骑大将军大司马霍去病
General Huo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2012, 06:15 AM   #3585
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18218

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Huo View Post
There are separated waiting areas in all Chinese railway stations. The platforms are opened to passengers only about 10 minutes before train's departure. So the platforms look empty in most of time.
I think the intended meaning was why are there so few trains but so many platforms?

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2012, 07:13 AM   #3586
:jax:

Likes (Received): 540

This picture supposedly was near the opening, but I guess Chinese transport infrastructure will always have to appear over-dimensioned to contend with the New Year/Spring festival/Chunyun mayhem.
:jax: no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2012, 07:14 AM   #3587
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by elianzoom View Post
Must recognize !!, China has done an impresive work on mass transport by HSL, I Think this country will be one of the most oil independent in terms of mass transport in the future. They produce their own electricity, the grade of electrificatión of the ralways are impresive too, and the plans confirms this for very next future. If the metro area transports sistems are planned as well as the HSL´s , no oil crisis will get you off the way, well done !! sincerely congrats !!
I agree, China has been doing a great job. When the world oil supply becomes scarce and prices for fuel oil are insanely expensive the Chinese will be zooming around the country at high speed. It seems like the U.S. politicians are just ******* around with us. As much as I love my country I am ashamed with what we're lacking over here. Congrats China, keep up the good work.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #3588
HunanChina

Likes (Received): 5

CSR zhuzhou

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzU1NTU0NDM2.html
HunanChina no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #3589
elianzoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post
I agree, China has been doing a great job. When the world oil supply becomes scarce and prices for fuel oil are insanely expensive the Chinese will be zooming around the country at high speed. It seems like the U.S. politicians are just ******* around with us. As much as I love my country I am ashamed with what we're lacking over here. Congrats China, keep up the good work.
That´s true, but I hope that due to the US technologial and economical level in the future the politicians will reallize that , the mass transport should relay on non oil dependent energy source. Nowadays US is one of the countries with the best freight transport by rail around the world, step by step from this stage to the electrification of the routes, then improve corridors etc.. Acela North-East corridor shoud be in the next decade be use by over 10 million people or more, you´ll see, be confident.
Old February 29th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #3590
stoneybee

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by :jax: View Post
This picture supposedly was near the opening, but I guess Chinese transport infrastructure will always have to appear over-dimensioned to contend with the New Year/Spring festival/Chunyun mayhem.
I think we are reading way too much into a single picture. I am sure someone can also find a picture of the same platform packed with people too.
stoneybee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2012, 08:10 PM   #3591
strandeed

Likes (Received): 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by elianzoom View Post
By the time oil becomes scarce, the Chinese railway network will have reached the end of it's life and need rebuilding.

There is enough oil left in the ground for another hundred years+
strandeed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2012, 08:21 PM   #3592
elianzoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandeed View Post
By the time oil becomes scarce, the Chinese railway network will have reached the end of it's life and need rebuilding.

There is enough oil left in the ground for another hundred years+
Meanwhile the oil is more and more expensive so it´s quite clever to invest in non-oil dependent mass transport even more for a country with millions and millions of people moving day by day, and the HSL lines are a good way to do it, even more if by the end the get HST technolgy and can build a new model by themselves. Clever people the Chinese, don´t doubt!!
Old March 1st, 2012, 10:03 PM   #3593
chornedsnorkack

Likes (Received): 388

It is March.

When in this month shall testing of Wuhan-Zhengzhou high speed railway start?
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2012, 01:28 AM   #3594
maldini

Likes (Received): 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
I think the intended meaning was why are there so few trains but so many platforms?
The reasons is not all routes are open yet.
maldini no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2012, 05:13 PM   #3595
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18218

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldini View Post
The reasons is not all routes are open yet.
I guess that's for when Beijing - Wuhan's entire stretch opens?

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2012, 08:36 PM   #3596
khoojyh
No more world war !!!

Location: Eastern Garden,City of Twins, Merlion City, Good Little Bay
Likes (Received): 51

As up to date, how many lines are open for public use?
khoojyh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2012, 10:18 PM   #3597
chornedsnorkack

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoojyh View Post
As up to date, how many lines are open for public use?
Probably depends on counting:
Beijing-Shanghai
Wuhan-Guangzhou South
Ningbo-Wenzhou
Wenzhou-Fuzhou
Fuzhou-Xiamen
Qingdao-Jinan
Shijiazhuang-Taiyuan
Zhengzhou-Xian
Nanjing-Hefei
Hefei-Wuhan
Yichang-Wanzhou
Chengdu-Suining-Dazhou
Shanghai-Hangzhou
Guangzhou South-Longhua
Qinhuangdao-Shenyang
Beijing-Tianjin
Chenhdu-Dujiangyan
Shanghai-Nanjing
Nanchang-Jiujian
Hainan East Ring
Changchun-Jilin
Guangzhou-Zhuhai

Is the list correct?
Old March 2nd, 2012, 11:14 PM   #3598
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
It is March.

When in this month shall testing of Wuhan-Zhengzhou high speed railway start?
Power on tests commenced on Feb 25th, test run will start on March 11th, trial service start on April 11th, official opening on July 1st.
Test run on the Zhengzhou-Shijiazhuang section will start on Jun 20th.
http://crh.gaotie.cn/shiwu/2012-02-21/24502.html

Also, Nanjing-Hangzhou line opening date has been specified by Jiangsu Provincial Transportation Department to be October 2012, test run starts in July.http://finance.ifeng.com/news/region.../5676234.shtml

Last edited by hmmwv; March 2nd, 2012 at 11:23 PM.
hmmwv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2012, 06:37 PM   #3599
Galactic

Likes (Received): 11

http://politics.caijing.com.cn/2012-...111721595.html - possibly the Hankou-Yichang railway won't be opened in May?

Translation from http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2...u-gets-social/
Quote:
More bad news for China’s beleaguered high-speed rail network: A dirt dealer has revealed that a 3-kilometer section of high-speed rail track bed between the cities of Wuhan and Yichang (汉宜高铁) in Hubei province was made using earth instead of rock, Cajing reports. “Because I supplied the earth, I have a responsibility to report it, otherwise I’m conspiring against the country,” the magazine quotes the dirt dealer, Ni Hongjun, as saying. According to Ni, the earth used in the track bed was left over from construction on a different part of the rail line. Were the track bed to become waterlogged due to heavy rain, it could soften and shift, the magazine says – no small matter on a line where trains typically travel between 200 and 250 kilometers per hour.
Galactic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2012, 07:46 PM   #3600
chornedsnorkack

Wuhan-Longhua

How many high speed trains daily now run Wuhan-Guangzhou South?
And how many high speed trains daily shall run Wuhan-Guangzhou South after 17th of March, when Wuhan-Guangzhou South-Longhua direct trains start?

Tags
china, high speed rail