daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 2nd, 2012, 12:12 PM   #3741
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmulder View Post
Nice news... There will be G trains, too, right?
I don't think so, the new service is on upgraded conventional lines so most likely to be limited to 200-250km/h, so no G trains. Once the Beijing-Wuhan HSR opens then G trains will run on that route via Xi'an-Zhengzhou HSR.
hmmwv no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2012, 12:18 PM   #3742
big-dog

Likes (Received): 6840

3.31.2012 my trip Shanghai-Cangzhou taking G156 (G156 Shanghai-Beijing) HSR

Shanghai Hongqiao - Cangzhou West: 1108km, 4 hours 30 minutes

During most of the travel time except approaching stops, the train speed maintains at 310km/h.

Taking line 10 to Hongqiao station

Arriving Hongqiao station, getting out to departure level

From B1 to 3rd level (Departure)

in waiting hall

upper level for food and shopping

seats

inquiry

escalator in the glass room to platforms

down to platforms

high speed train

2nd class - Yuan 475 ($78) for the trip (1108km)

About 80% full most time of the trip, it's very smooth running at 310km/h, stopped at Kunshan->Nanjing->Xuzhou->Qufu->Cangzhou

arriving Cangzhou west after 4.5 hours
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 12:31 PM   #3743
chornedsnorkack

Likes (Received): 388

Dalian-Harbin

Has Dalian-Shenyang-Harbin high speed railway started test runs?
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 01:09 PM   #3744
Geography

Likes (Received): 104

Great pictures Big Dog. We really appreciate them.

You were traveling along the Beijing-Shanghai HSR line, but only part of the way. Did you have to buy a ticket for the full distance, or a cheaper ticket for your specific? If you bought the cheaper ticket, what is to prevent someone from ripping off CSR by buying a cheaper ticket for a partial route, then taking the train the full distance?
Geography no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 01:16 PM   #3745
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18188

High-speed trains initiate two-city life
2012-April-2 08:53
Shenzhen Daily

EVERY year Li Yunfang, a resident of Futian CBD, has driven to her hometown of Changsha in Hunan Province for Tomb-sweeping Day. But this year, she and her husband will travel home by high-speed train.

Though spending 1,500 yuan (US$238) on gasoline for a single trip is not a problem, taking the high-speed train is preferable in terms of speed and affordability, Li, a business woman, said in an interview yesterday, before the departure of the first high-speed train from Shenzhen to Wuhan at Shenzhen North Railway Station.

The train G1012 left at 7 a.m. and arrived in Wuhan at 11:50 a.m. Liu Yun, a native of Huanggang in Hubei Province who had worked in Shenzhen for more than 10 years, expressed excitement about the new train.

“It takes no more than five hours to travel 1,171 kilometers between Shenzhen and Wuhan, capital of Hubei. I feel my home is closer to me,” said Liu.

Li Lei, a native of Wuhan, bought a ticket a week ago. “I can now realistically expect to regularly make weekend visits to my parents and taste my mother’s cooking,” Li said. Li’s girlfriend is in Hubei. Before, they could meet only once every six months when discounted air fares were available. “High-speed rail has made me more mobile,” Li said.

Liu Guangfu, the public relations official of Shenzhen North Railway Station, estimated around 80,000 passengers will be handled between April 1-4.

Among the passengers, some of them plan to go sightseeing and sakura watching in Wuhan, where 40 percent discounts will be offered to visitors with high-speed train tickets in April. According to travel agencies in Wuhan, the number of travelers from Shenzhen, Dongguan and Guangzhou to see sakura is increasing.

The occupancy rate of four to five-star hotels near Wuhan University, Donghu Lake has increased by 20 percent. The rate of economy hotels had reached 95 percent. Shenzhen transport commission extended night bus operation to 10:20 p.m. yesterday for the opening of the high-speed rail.

The bus routes at Shenzhen North Railway Station include M299, M300, M352, M353, M354, M365, B666, B667 and B742. It also required bus companies to arrange 10 buses near the railway station as standby to handle a possible rush of passengers during holidays.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 01:31 PM   #3746
Geography

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
In the foreground of this picture, it appears there is a gate holding back the line ahead of the security check point. Why is that?
Geography no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 01:59 PM   #3747
big-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography View Post
Great pictures Big Dog. We really appreciate them.

You were traveling along the Beijing-Shanghai HSR line, but only part of the way. Did you have to buy a ticket for the full distance, or a cheaper ticket for your specific? If you bought the cheaper ticket, what is to prevent someone from ripping off CSR by buying a cheaper ticket for a partial route, then taking the train the full distance?
Thanks Geo. I only need to buy the tickets for my travel section (Shanghai-Cangzhou). If someone is cheating by doing that, he wont get himself out of the station ( need magnet ticket to get out).

I also noticed most people on my train are not traveling from start to end, seats are re-usable, i.e. when people leaves, new on-boarders could have the same seat no.

Quote:
In the foreground of this picture, it appears there is a gate holding back the line ahead of the security check point. Why is that?
I guess it's to prevent from too many people jammed in the security check area, which is applied the same in some airports.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 05:44 PM   #3748
foxmulder

Likes (Received): 381

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmwv View Post
I don't think so, the new service is on upgraded conventional lines so most likely to be limited to 200-250km/h, so no G trains. Once the Beijing-Wuhan HSR opens then G trains will run on that route via Xi'an-Zhengzhou HSR.
Oh, I see. I thought this was already the new line.
foxmulder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 08:56 PM   #3749
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5759

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography View Post
um, seriously?
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 09:13 PM   #3750
hmmwv

Well looking at that picture I guess no one is saying Hongqiao, or any other new HSR station is too large now.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 11:36 PM   #3751
NCT
Not Cwite There

Likes (Received): 1770

Quote:
Well looking at that picture I guess no one is saying Hongqiao, or any other new HSR station is too large now.
The platforms are practically empty all the time.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 11:45 PM   #3752
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6909

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCT View Post
Isn't that because passengers are only allowed onto platforms just a few minutes prior to departure of their train?
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2012, 03:24 AM   #3753
big-dog

I'm allowed to enter platform around 20 minutes ahead of the departure. Good enough to board and be seated, but not enough time to take a lot of photos of other trains on the platform.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 07:40 AM   #3754
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5759

How many direct round-trips per day between Shenzhen and Wuhan?
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2012, 08:07 AM   #3755
big-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woonsocket54 View Post
How many direct round-trips per day between Shenzhen and Wuhan?
10 pairs.

Price: Class I - 840 Yuan; Class II - 540 Yuan

Wuhan-Shezhen train time:
Old April 3rd, 2012, 09:57 AM   #3756
hmmwv

Quote:
That's the way it suppose to be, passengers only on the platform when there is a departure, a crowded platform is a mismanaged platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-dog View Post
I'm allowed to enter platform around 20 minutes ahead of the departure. Good enough to board and be seated, but not enough time to take a lot of photos of other trains on the platform.
I assume the rather generous time is because Hongqiao is the terminal station for your train, right? When I ride from Nanjing to Shanghai via a Beijing-Shanghai train I was only allowed to be on the platform about 10 minutes before the train arrives.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 02:51 PM   #3757
NCT
Not Cwite There

Likes (Received): 1770

Quote:
That's the way it suppose to be, passengers only on the platform when there is a departure, a crowded platform is a mismanaged platform.
It's a waste of valuable space. Having two sets of space (waiting hall and platforms) but only one fully occupied at any time is just silly. Even allowing platform-access without time constraints, the platforms would still be nowhere near as crowded as a typical metro platform, and the need for the waiting hall would be vastly diminished.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 06:24 PM   #3758
Sopomon
Hideous and malformed

Likes (Received): 153

Quote:
It's a waste of valuable space. Having two sets of space (waiting hall and platforms) but only one fully occupied at any time is just silly. Even allowing platform-access without time constraints, the platforms would still be nowhere near as crowded as a typical metro platform, and the need for the waiting hall would be vastly diminished.
Yeah, but then there wouldn't be such a need for such grandiose stations if they planned them to work like any other.

Then again, Chunyun etc, might get people flooding the platforms and falling off if there wasn't a waiting room. I don't really know, I'm just speculating.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 06:29 PM   #3759
foxmulder

Likes (Received): 381

Quote:

[IMG]http://i41.************/34yshfd.gif[/IMG]
foxmulder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2012, 10:19 PM   #3760
stoneybee

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmulder View Post

[IMG]http://i41.************/34yshfd.gif[/IMG]
Right on! Brother, Right On!

Can't convince them all
stoneybee no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags