daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 10th, 2012, 11:17 AM   #4301
George08
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Safety screening

BEIJING, August 9 (Xinhuanet) -- The Ministry of Railways has found quality defects on 12 rail lines that may endanger railroad safety, according to a document recently obtained by the media.
Seven of the 12 lines have been put into service, including high-speed passenger railways between Wuhan and Guangzhou and between Zhengzhou and Xi'an, according to the document.
The problems were discovered during routine inspections. The construction defects on the seven lines included cracks and leaks on tunnel arches, tilted communications towers and poorly arranged electronic cables, the Chinese news portal eeo.com.cn reported on Tuesday.
Other problems were found on five lines currently under construction, including one linking Lhasa and Xigaze in the Tibet autonomous region, which is an extension of the Qinghai-Tibet railway.
The ministry severely criticized some contractors for building with low-quality materials and not using enough iron bars in reinforced concrete.
Media reports quoted anonymous experts as saying the defects might threaten railway safety.
Cracks on the railway tunnel's arch could cause concrete chunks to break off when a high-speed train passes, destroying the train's power supply equipment, they said.
A ministry official who spoke to China Daily on the condition of anonymity confirmed the authenticity of the document, saying it was meant to be circulated inside the ministry and to relevant parties.
He said the ministry is paying great attention to quality issues, and has organized regular inspections on railway construction and operations.
"It is just another regular checkup to guarantee railway safety," he said.
According to the document, the ministry has already taken measures to punish those responsible for the quality defects.
It suspended several construction and construction supervision companies from tendering and bidding on railway projects for a month, and required them to rectify the problems as soon as possible.
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/ch..._131771871.htm

Last edited by George08; August 10th, 2012 at 12:04 PM.
George08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 10th, 2012, 11:33 AM   #4302
George08
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatho View Post
Guys, need your help. For the past few hours I've been playing with Inkscape. My goal is to create a map of HSR network in China with opening dates of new lines. I know that there are already tens of different kinds of railway maps, but so far I havent found the one I have on my mind. My current project is purely in SVG what makes it perfect for any updates.

I was wondering if anyone would like to share some work with me (basically drawing the network and putting the opening dates on). Later on we could upload it to Google Project or some other site to coordinate our efforts.

Here's what I've managed to do so far.

MAP

great map!

@Hmmwv

Have you got some (updated) news about the possible official opening of these following HSR lines:

1) Harbin - Dalian HSR;
2) Beijing - Wuhan HSR;
3) Lichuan - Chongqing HSR;
4) Nanjing - Hangzhou HSR;
5) Hangzhou - Ningbo HSR.

Thanks

Last edited by George08; August 10th, 2012 at 12:03 PM.
George08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #4303
big-dog

Likes (Received): 6840

Longyan-Xiamen rail (140km), Fujian Province

from @中国铁路
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 10:14 PM   #4304
bearb

Likes (Received): 617

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post
Hopefully in time they will get the kinks sorted out. Also I feel that once Futian station opens up Shenzhen North might get a reduction in passenger traffic. Maybe not. By the way, where is Shenzhen North Station? According to Google Maps it's located near Luohu but doesn't Shenzhen North share space with Longhua station? I'm confused as to where Shenzhen north station really is.

[IMG]http://i45.************/qn4egl.jpg[/IMG]
the current Shenzhen North Station should be here.....

the one shown up on your map was the old Shenzhen North Station and changed its name to Sungang Station couple years ago for the new one...

for short distance traveller: yes there will be less going from shenzhen north
but almost all long distance trains goes to/from shenzhen will stop at shenzhen north. futian is more liked a station for inter city trains

Last edited by bearb; August 10th, 2012 at 11:15 PM.
bearb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 10:28 PM   #4305
bearb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post

So Google Maps is incorrect? Futian is located where it says Shenzhen Convention & Exhibit center. From what I remember the Shenzhen Railway station is in Luohu near the border. Google maps for China seems messed up sometimes.

this is the metro Futian station
and the CRH Futian Station goes from here and then crosses some roads to metro Shopping Park Station where its south end ends at..

and i kinda found a plan of futian railway station and tried my best to translate the chinese on it

Last edited by bearb; August 10th, 2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old August 12th, 2012, 03:16 AM   #4306
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

Thanks for clearing up my confusion bearb. For the longest time I had no idea exactly where this station was. Good to know now. It looks like Google maps has it half right. When you hover over the metro station it tells you it's Shenzhen North:

[IMG]http://i47.************/hx1x91.jpg[/IMG]
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #4307
phoenixboi08

Likes (Received): 798

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatho View Post
Here's what I've managed to do so far.

MAP
What's the city between Kunming and Changhsha?
phoenixboi08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 06:23 PM   #4308
bearb

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixboi08 View Post
What's the city between Kunming and Changhsha?
should be Guiyang, capital of Guizhou
Old August 13th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #4309
phoenixboi08

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearb

should be Guiyang, capital of Guizhou
Thanks :-) I looked at a map but I wanted to be a bit more sure lol
Old August 26th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #4310
chornedsnorkack

Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by George08 View Post

The section between Zhengzhou and Wuhan will be finished by September.
It shall be September this week.

Specifically on which day of September 2012 shall Wuhan-Zhengzhou-Xian high speed railway open for scheduled commercial passenger traffic?
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2012, 10:13 PM   #4311
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
It shall be September this week.

Specifically on which day of September 2012 shall Wuhan-Zhengzhou-Xian high speed railway open for scheduled commercial passenger traffic?
Joint calibration and testing concluded last week and trial operation started today, trains used are CRH2C and CRH380AL, they will operate at 300km/h. This is the last phase before commercial operation can be started, which will happen later this month or in October depends on the outcome of the trial operation.

Old August 29th, 2012, 10:21 AM   #4312
chornedsnorkack

Wuhan-Zhengzhou distance

See:
http://szdaily.sznews.com/html/2012-...nt_2181225.htm

Quote:
The 482.7-km rail line was put into test operation Sunday for trains going at speeds of 300 kilometers per hour.
But oddly fast:
Quote:
for trains going at speeds of 300 kilometers per hour. It takes only 90 minutes to get from Wuhan to Zhengzhou along the line which covers nine stations, the official Web site of Guangzhou Railway Group Corp. said.
That is, average 322 km/h. What is the maximum speed, again?
Old August 29th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #4313
phoenixboi08

Is the rest of the line to Shujiazhuang (then Beijing) finished/ under construction as well?
Old August 30th, 2012, 08:35 AM   #4314
hmmwv

Quote:
See:
http://szdaily.sznews.com/html/2012-...nt_2181225.htm

But oddly fast:

That is, average 322 km/h. What is the maximum speed, again?
I noticed that too, the Chinese article said "about an hour and half" so there could be some difference there, also the line is designed for 350km/h operation so the test runs could be using the 350km/h max speed. Initial commercial operation will be 300km/h though, but Wuhan Railway always had a track record of going a little bit fast, Wuhan-Guangzhou's 300km/h speed limit was repeatedly broken and management had to punish drivers by cutting their bonus. In commercial operation I expect the journey to take about 1 hour 45 minutes with a single stop.

Quote:
Is the rest of the line to Shujiazhuang (then Beijing) finished/ under construction as well?
Beijing-Shijiazhuang section was finished in July and Joint Calibration and Testing started on August 12th, the line is expected to open by the end of the year.

Shijiazhuang-Zhengzhou section is finished and will start testing soon, no details about it but the entire Wuhan-Beijing line is suppose to open by the end of the year.

Last edited by hmmwv; August 30th, 2012 at 08:42 AM.
hmmwv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #4315
chornedsnorkack

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmwv View Post
In commercial operation I expect the journey to take about 1 hour 45 minutes with a single stop.
Which stop, of the 9?

Note that Zhengzhou-Xian, 505 km, takes 2:10 for the fastest trains. What shall be the total trip time Longhua-Xian?
Old August 30th, 2012, 02:15 PM   #4316
phoenixboi08

Quote:
Beijing-Shijiazhuang section was finished in July and Joint Calibration and Testing started on August 12th, the line is expected to open by the end of the year.

Shijiazhuang-Zhengzhou section is finished and will start testing soon, no details about it but the entire Wuhan-Beijing line is suppose to open by the end of the year.
Thanks. Just one more question, sorry to ask so many, but what about Wuhan-Nanjing? Is that in the works?
Old August 30th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #4317
chornedsnorkack

Quote:
Thanks. Just one more question, sorry to ask so many, but what about Wuhan-Nanjing? Is that in the works?
Wuhan-Hefei-Nanjing has been running for a long time.
Old August 30th, 2012, 06:42 PM   #4318
Silly_Walks

Likes (Received): 836

Quote:
Wuhan-Hefei-Nanjing has been running for a long time.
Perhaps he was hoping for a 300-380 km/h line.
Silly_Walks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #4319
hmmwv

Quote:
Which stop, of the 9?
I'd imagine different trains will stop at different stops.
Old August 30th, 2012, 08:11 PM   #4320
chornedsnorkack

Quote:
I'd imagine different trains will stop at different stops.
All express trains Longhua to Wuhan (3 of them, G1002 to G1006) stop in 2 intermediate stops, always the same: Guangzhou South and Changsha. All trains that stop anywhere else also stop in those 2 and in a minimum of 5 others.

The 8 intermediate stations between Wuhan and Zhengzhou are:
Hengdian East
Dawu
Xinyang East
Minggang East
Zhumadian West
Luohe West
Xuchang East
Xinzheng East.

Is any of them important enough to warrant stopping of all express trains?

Tags
china, high speed rail