daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 14th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #5041
greenlion

Likes (Received): 30

据广铁集团客运部门介绍,武广、广深港高铁调图后,共安排开行动车组列车117对,其中直通动车组列车68对,管内动车组列车列车49对。各区段对数为:武汉~岳阳东间68对,岳阳东~长沙南间70对,长沙南~广州南间89对,广州南~深圳北间48对。

直通动车组列车68对

1、北京西~深圳北1对,车次:G71/2。这是我国目前运行里程最远的高铁列车,行驶距离超过3000公里。

2、西安北~深圳北2对,车次:G824/1 G822/3、G828/5 G826/7。

3、郑州东~深圳北2对,车次:G73~G76。

4、武汉~深圳北10对,车次:G77/8、G1001~G1018。

5、北京西~广州南2对,车次:G79~G82。

6、西安北~广州南5对,车次:G98/5 G96/7、G831~G846。

7、太原~广州南1对,车次:G624/1 G622/3。

8、石家庄~广州南1对,车次:G531/2。

9、郑州(东)~广州南5对,车次:G93/4、G541~G548。

10、信阳东~广州南2对,车次:G551~G554。

11、武汉~广州南32对(含“D”字头2对),车次:G1101~G1160、D2101~D2104。

12、北京西~长沙南4对,车次:G83/4、G501~G506。

13、西安北~长沙南1对,车次:G854/1 G852/3。

管内动车组列车49对

1、长沙南~深圳北10对,车次:G6001~G6020。

2、广州南~深圳北23对,车次:G6201~G6246。

3 、岳阳东~广州南2对,车次:G6131~G6134。

4、长沙南~广州南14对(含“D”字头2对),车次:G6101~G6124、D7801~D7804。
greenlion no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 14th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #5042
greenlion

Likes (Received): 30

Trainsets will be serving in Beijing-Shijiazhuang-Wuhan-Guangzhou-Shenzhen HSR

北京局使用CRH380BL型动车组6组,CRH380AL型动车组12组,CRH380A型动车组10组。
太原局使用CRH5A型动车组4组。
郑州局使用CRH380AL型动车组13组
西安局使用CRH380AL型动车组9组,CRH2C型动车组8组
武汉局使用CRH380AL型动车组22组,CRH2C型动车组18组
上海局使用CRH380BL型动车组6组,CRH380AL型动车组11组
广铁集团使用CRH380BL型动车组15组,CRH3C型动车组45组
greenlion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2012, 02:20 AM   #5043
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

Seems that the previously leaked schedule is largely accurate, it's interesting to see Zhengzhou railway bureau opt for running 300km/h D trains.
Old December 16th, 2012, 12:45 AM   #5044
AlexNL

Likes (Received): 537

Do CRH trains offer features like WiFi and power sockets on board the trains? If they do, what is the price and quality of these features?
Old December 16th, 2012, 02:29 AM   #5045
big-dog

Likes (Received): 6840

Power socket on the train is convenient but I don't think they provide wifi, I was using my 3G to surf on the train.
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 02:32 AM   #5046
Heludin
BANNED

Likes (Received): 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post
I'm not too sure about the electromagnetic radiation pollution either, I remember people saying the same thing about high voltage power lines but I'm not sure what those studies produced.
I used to live in San Diego, California, for some reason even though there are no conclusive studies about this issue, people don't want to live near HVPL, specially down wind. There's also this talk all over the internet from many sources(none scientific) warning of the potential effects from high voltage power lines, it creates fear.
Heludin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 02:35 AM   #5047
Heludin
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-dog View Post
Power socket on the train is convenient but I don't think they provide wifi, I was using my 3G to surf on the train.
Wouldn't be nice to be able to surf while seating for hours to your destination? Too bad it's not even an option.
Old December 16th, 2012, 02:38 AM   #5048
Heludin
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge321 View Post
A CNY 200 fine? It should have been 10 times that! In HK eating and drinking on the metro can carry penalty of HKD 5,000, and eating and drinking in no way is a safety hazard. There really need to be much more severe fines and penalties for smoking and eating & drinking where not allowed as well as spitting and littering.

[Rant\]

(But seriously...)
+1 I totally agree on that.
Old December 16th, 2012, 02:45 AM   #5049
Heludin
BANNED

Quote:
In ten days of Harbin-Dalian HSR opening, the long distance bus fare along the line has dropped up to 30%.

source
Someone will take a plunge when the whole system becomes fully operational
Old December 16th, 2012, 02:52 AM   #5050
hmmwv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heludin View Post
Wouldn't be nice to be able to surf while seating for hours to your destination? Too bad it's not even an option.
Most people do it on their smartphone anyway, or tether their tablets/laptops to the smartphone. Charging people for WIFI probably won't be that popular.
Old December 16th, 2012, 03:02 AM   #5051
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6911

Quote:
On the Shanghai-Hangzhou train there were at least two Wi-fi networks to choose from. I could connect to them but Internet didn't work. I'm not sure why they were there and if it was a temporary connectivity issue or they were intended for a purpose other than public use. The networks were named CRH380-something.
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 04:58 AM   #5052
cal_t
Transport Advocate

Likes (Received): 22

In train communications use only (like for CB radios)?
Old December 16th, 2012, 06:28 AM   #5053
hmmwv

Nope train radio don't run on Wifi's 2.4 or 5Ghz frequency, nor is CTCS which is GSM based. It's probably for the first class and dinning car where you have to pay to get access.
Old December 16th, 2012, 10:37 AM   #5054
:jax:

Likes (Received): 540

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmwv View Post
Most people do it on their smartphone anyway, or tether their tablets/laptops to the smartphone. Charging people for WIFI probably won't be that popular.
If there is competition WiFi tends to become free. The one airline with WiFi I have used (Norwegian), most rail connections are free, all bus lines are free , there were some for a charge, but not any more.

It makes no sense to invest in the necessary infrastructure if few people are using it. Better use it as a competitive advantage.

Norwegian is the first I know of doing the next logical step, testing an inflight entertainment system over WiFi, streaming movies and the rest to your own devices. It didn't work with my Android tablet though.

If CRH doesn't do it, they risk competing airlines to do so, reversing the traditional train vs plane argument, with train having the disadvantage.
:jax: no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #5055
hmmwv

I agree, if there are competition then they should provide free WIFI as a way to attract passengers. However I don't think any Chinese airlines offer inflight WIFI, let along a free one. One advantage HSR has over flying in China is allowing people to continue to make phone calls or surf the internet on their smart phones or tablets.
Old December 16th, 2012, 05:32 PM   #5056
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6911

It's true about the smartphones. If you're living in a country where you have your mobile phone with free or cheap Internet access the whole wi-fi argument is irrelevant (for most part). It is important, however, for those who may be not using mobile internet or foreigners who don't have local mobile phone number. Installing wi-fi on trains is not expansive and not complicated from a technological point of view. It takes a wi-fi router connected to a mobile signal receiver which will use mobile internet and transfer it over wi-fi for passengers to use on their wi-fi devices. You can even make one using 'household' conditions: a router and a mobile phone/dongle with USB cable. As it was said, it could be a competitive advantage and it's really surprising it's still not working on CRH trains yet. They should do it asap.
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2012, 07:14 AM   #5057
phoenixboi08

Likes (Received): 798

Ture, although China's Telecom's still don't have a very extensive 4G/LTE network yet (the 3G is still a little sluggish) so WiFi still makes excellent business sense.

I'm shocked that they haven't instituted the similar entertainment systems that you see on planes. THAT would be awesome.
Or even having a "cinema" car.
phoenixboi08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2012, 09:58 AM   #5058
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18209

I thought 3G data plans in China are super cheap, so there is less need for Wifi to begin with?

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2012, 01:11 PM   #5059
hmmwv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pansori View Post
As it was said, it could be a competitive advantage and it's really surprising it's still not working on CRH trains yet. They should do it asap.
Well it's a competitive advantage CRH doesn't need right now, it's not like they are struggling with ridership. Maybe in the future when some other means of transportation is actually competing with CRH then they will try those value added services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixboi08 View Post
I'm shocked that they haven't instituted the similar entertainment systems that you see on planes. THAT would be awesome.
Or even having a "cinema" car.
Some do have TVs showing movies, but the problem is there is no headphone jacks on the seats so they blast the audio through the speakers, I was very annoyed once because I had to endure it the whole trip from Nanjing to Shanghai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
I thought 3G data plans in China are super cheap, so there is less need for Wifi to begin with?
It's not super cheap but pretty reasonable, and it's super easy to get a prepaid phone card with data plan, so most foreigner traveling to China will opt to get a local SIM.
Old December 17th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #5060
chornedsnorkack

Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmwv View Post
Well it's a competitive advantage CRH doesn't need right now, it's not like they are struggling with ridership. Maybe in the future when some other means of transportation is actually competing with CRH then they will try those value added services.
How are the existing 6+ hour G train routes like Beijing-Hangzhou and Xian-Shenzhen so far competing against flights?
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
china, high speed rail