daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 3rd, 2013, 10:28 AM   #6141
chornedsnorkack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,980
Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmwv View Post
Nanjing South is the only one in Nanjing.
Jiangning Station, 12 km from Nanjing South, is in Nanjing, in CPU.

Jurong West, 26 km from Nanjing South, is already in Zhenjiang.
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2013, 10:50 PM   #6142
Peloso
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Away from Macaronia
Posts: 1,175
Likes (Received): 247

Any news about Lanzhou - Urumqi HSR construction progress, anyone? That one is a majestic project...
__________________
Save Italy, fight the Macaroni
E(xtinction)=m(afia)c(reeps)²
Peloso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2013, 05:39 PM   #6143
China Hand
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 705
Likes (Received): 161

Nothing more than what is online. Scheduled completion for 2014, still on schedule and the spur from Xi'an to Baoji is completed and scheduled for regular public operations this month. The missing link will be the Lanzhou-Baoji spur that is not to be completed until 2017 or 2018.

That would make the Xi'an to Urumqi tourist trip complete and connect Urumqi to the rest of China via CRH rail link.
China Hand no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2013, 10:18 PM   #6144
chornedsnorkack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,980
Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Hand View Post
Nothing more than what is online. Scheduled completion for 2014, still on schedule and the spur from Xi'an to Baoji is completed and scheduled for regular public operations this month.
That´s interesting!

Which other high speed railways are due to open this year, and in which months respectively?

Nanning-Qinzhou?
Tianjin-Qinhuangdao?
Xiamen-Longhua?
Quote:
Originally Posted by China Hand View Post
The missing link will be the Lanzhou-Baoji spur that is not to be completed until 2017 or 2018.

That would make the Xi'an to Urumqi tourist trip complete and connect Urumqi to the rest of China via CRH rail link.
Are there any plans to build a high speed railway to Huh-hoto?
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 12:02 AM   #6145
xinxingren
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 270
Likes (Received): 72

Baoji will become a goods train backwater after Lanzhou-Chengdu PDL opens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
Are there any plans to build a high speed railway to Huh-hoto?
I've got three editions of this map and they're all very messy between Datong and Batou, lines from east and south twisting around without meeting.
xinxingren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 07:08 AM   #6146
China Hand
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 705
Likes (Received): 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinxingren View Post
Baoji will become a goods train backwater after Lanzhou-Chengdu PDL opens.

I've got three editions of this map and they're all very messy between Datong and Batou, lines from east and south twisting around without meeting.
Yep. The older maps suggested a direct Chengdu-Langzhou line which now is cancelled in favour of the transfer connection at Guangyuan.

Also suggested that the lines NW of Beijing at ZhangJiaKou might have connected to HohHot, on through to BaoTou, meet the ShiJiaZhuang-Taiyuan line at Yinchuan and then connect to Lanzhou from the North. Connection of Datong north to HohHot.

Also a direct Chengdu-KunMing line to the south instead of routing through GuiYang.

Those areas are amongst the most poor, mountainous, and less populated, in China - so it is doubtful they will be completed.
China Hand no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 08:41 AM   #6147
xinxingren
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 270
Likes (Received): 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Hand View Post
The older maps suggested a direct Chengdu-Langzhou line which now is cancelled in favour of the transfer connection at Guangyuan.
Which still leaves Baoji a mere waystation on the east-west line, not the major junction it now is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Hand View Post
Also a direct Chengdu-KunMing line to the south instead of routing through GuiYang.

Those areas are amongst the most poor, mountainous, and less populated, in China - so it is doubtful they will be completed.
The direct ChengKun line was the shortest "middle" route of three Mao's 1951 committe had to choose. The existing route (longest, most mountainous) only happened when surveyors verified the importance of the Panzhihua mineralisation. Meanwhile the HSRs are going in first for the high paying tourists, Chengdu-Qingchengshan and Chengdu-Emeishan.
xinxingren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 10:08 AM   #6148
chornedsnorkack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,980
Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Hand View Post
Also suggested that the lines NW of Beijing at ZhangJiaKou might have connected to HohHot, on through to BaoTou, meet the ShiJiaZhuang-Taiyuan line at Yinchuan and then connect to Lanzhou from the North. Connection of Datong north to HohHot.

Those areas are amongst the most poor, mountainous, and less populated, in China - so it is doubtful they will be completed.
Beijing-Kalgan-Datong-Huh-hoto-Baotou slow speed railway does go through the mountains of the Great Wall, through mountainous and less populated areas - but they are not poor! Inner Mongolia is the richest autonomous region of China.

Is there any high speed railway actually now under construction northwest of Beihing?
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #6149
big-dog
Registered User
 
big-dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,080
Likes (Received): 6840

July 2. Beijing South - Fuzhou G56 debut at Fuzhou station



by 中国铁路
__________________

CP11, FM 2258, Highcliff, DJaCoNdA liked this post
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2013, 12:25 AM   #6150
Restless
Registered User
 
Restless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: London
Posts: 2,170
Likes (Received): 271

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinxingren View Post
Baoji will become a goods train backwater after Lanzhou-Chengdu PDL opens.

I've got three editions of this map and they're all very messy between Datong and Batou, lines from east and south twisting around without meeting.
I don't think Baoji will become a goods train backwater after the Lanzhou-Chengdu PDL opens.

Remember that it will be on the Lanzhou-Xian HSR, which is the quickest and cheapest way to Beijing, Shanghai and everywhere else in the northern half of China.
Restless no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2013, 09:00 AM   #6151
xinxingren
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 270
Likes (Received): 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-dog View Post
July 2. Beijing South - Fuzhou G56 debut at Fuzhou station

by 中国铁路
I observe that the G number doesn't allow it to go over D train speeds on the coastal route,
the first 800km from Fuzhou to Huzhou are held back to average 152km/hr including stops.
It cranks up to 236km/hr including stops for the 1023km Nanjing to Beijing.
xinxingren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2013, 11:41 PM   #6152
China Hand
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 705
Likes (Received): 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
Beijing-Kalgan-Datong-Huh-hoto-Baotou slow speed railway does go through the mountains of the Great Wall, through mountainous and less populated areas - but they are not poor! Inner Mongolia is the richest autonomous region of China.

Is there any high speed railway actually now under construction northwest of Beihing?
Shanxi is dirt poor and has many coal billionaires.

Median Income.
China Hand no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 12:24 AM   #6153
chornedsnorkack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,980
Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Hand View Post
Shanxi is dirt poor and has many coal billionaires.

Median Income.
Yes, and the people with median income cannot afford CRH tickets anyway.
If dirt poor coal miners in Datong need cheap K trains to go to Beijing, this does not mean that the middle class managers and engineers of the mines, or the businessmen trading there, are well served by K trains. Actually there is not a single T or Z train between Datong and Beijing, so although Datong is 374 km from Beijing (368 from Beijing West, 358 from Beijing North), the fastest train takes 5:53 with a single stop... and this is Transmongolian.

So, is there any need for a high speed railway Beijing-Datong?
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 01:42 AM   #6154
xinxingren
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 270
Likes (Received): 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
So, is there any need for a high speed railway Beijing-Datong?
Qunar says it's only a one hour flight.
If I were a trendy middle manager I'd be flying.
xinxingren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 01:48 AM   #6155
Rayancito
Spanish Muslim
 
Rayancito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Madrid
Posts: 3,052
Likes (Received): 1144

What is the degree of occupancy of chinese high speed trains? In france it is 70%, in Spain 75% it just increased from 64% thank to a price decrease of about 14 %.
Rayancito no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 04:24 AM   #6156
big-dog
Registered User
 
big-dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,080
Likes (Received): 6840

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinxingren View Post
Qunar says it's only a one hour flight.
If I were a trendy middle manager I'd be flying.
I'll go to Beijing next week for a business trip. From this time on I'm taking HSR instead of flight for the Shanghai-Beijing trip. 5 hours, half price, phone usage, riding comfort -- HSR gives serious competition to flight for business travelers.
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 04:32 AM   #6157
foxmulder
Registered User
 
foxmulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,135
Likes (Received): 382

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-dog View Post
I'll go to Beijing next week for a business trip. From this time on I'm taking HSR instead of flight for the Shanghai-Beijing trip. 5 hours, half price, phone usage, riding comfort -- HSR gives serious competition to flight for business travelers.
You should have done it long before
foxmulder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 10:53 AM   #6158
chornedsnorkack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,980
Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-dog View Post
From this time on I'm taking HSR instead of flight for the Shanghai-Beijing trip. 5 hours,
They´ve been slowed down! G20 used to be 4:55, now it is 5:09. G12 and G22 were also 4:55, but they are 5:16 now!
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #6159
big-dog
Registered User
 
big-dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,080
Likes (Received): 6840

My train is G128 and G3, their travel time are quite different.

G128 Shanghai-Beijing: 5:23
G3 Beijing-Shanghai: 4:48

I guess it depends on which stations they stop and the train schedule.
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 05:10 PM   #6160
hkskyline
Hong Kong
 
hkskyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 86,962
Likes (Received): 18222



A train is stranded at the Dazhou Railway Station in Dazhou, southwest China's Sichuan Province, July 5, 2013. A new round of heavy rainfall battered Dazhou on Friday morning, making several trains suspended and late. (Xinhua/Deng Liangkui)
__________________
Hong Kong Photo Gallery - Click Here for the Hong Kong Galleries

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!

Highcliff liked this post
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
china, high speed rail

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium