daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 10th, 2013, 10:45 PM   #6621
foxmulder

Likes (Received): 382

I love construction photos, so thanks flankerjun!
foxmulder no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 10th, 2013, 11:02 PM   #6622
Obuyama
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1430

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post

China's high speed rail system is so impressive. Large network, great speeds, beautiful stations and a good variety of train types and I like the uniform color of the CRH brand. On top of that they've decided to put the China Railways logo on all CRH trains. The CRH3 is still my favorite type followed by the CRH5. Great pictures!
The same may be built in US, but US lost chance many years ago. Cars, cars, & cars.....

FM 2258, SAS 16 liked this post
Obuyama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2013, 12:46 AM   #6623
silent_dragon
What a wonderful world

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obuyama View Post
The same may be built in US, but US lost chance many years ago. Cars, cars, & cars.....
A better chance could be built in India. Similar population, maybe more densely populated, smaller area. lets hope india will follow China's example. this is will not benifit only the Indians, but the whole world as well as it can cut liquid fuel consumption from the two largest population.

Got computing brains or extra bucks? Support this Green tech INDIEGOGO Project Paperless Receipts

FM 2258, Obuyama, chennaidesi liked this post
silent_dragon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2013, 08:10 AM   #6624
China Hand

Likes (Received): 161

undefined
China Hand no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2013, 03:42 PM   #6625
VECTROTALENZIS
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Likes (Received): 4436

When will it be possible to take the HSR from Shenyang to Shanghai?

Tianjin - Shanghai is already finished.

But how is Tianjin Shenyang?
VECTROTALENZIS está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2013, 06:33 AM   #6626
laojang

Likes (Received): 43

Tianjin to Qinhuangdao 350km/h line should open this year, but
Qinhuandao to Shenyang section (more than 400km in distance) is stuck with a first generation "relatively"
higher speed line and the old line. There is no immediate plan for a new line.

Laojang

FM 2258 liked this post
laojang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2013, 05:37 AM   #6627
Silly_Walks

Likes (Received): 836

Was Qinhuangdo-Shenyang never meant to be a 300-380 km/h line?

Surely 300+ km/h makes more sense on the longer stretch of Qinhuangdo-Shenyang than on the relatively shorter stretch Tianjin-Qinhuando?

Beijing-Shenyang is delayed... what is up with Shenyang? I want a 300+ km/h corridor from Beijing to Harbin, already!
Silly_Walks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2013, 09:45 PM   #6628
xinxingren

Likes (Received): 72

Discount fares continue on underutilised 300km/hr trains

http://www.12306.cn/mormhweb/zxdt_gg...1014_1037.html
xinxingren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2013, 01:50 AM   #6629
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly_Walks View Post
Was Qinhuangdo-Shenyang never meant to be a 300-380 km/h line?

Surely 300+ km/h makes more sense on the longer stretch of Qinhuangdo-Shenyang than on the relatively shorter stretch Tianjin-Qinhuando?

Beijing-Shenyang is delayed... what is up with Shenyang? I want a 300+ km/h corridor from Beijing to Harbin, already!
No, when it was first built in 2003 as China's first HSR line 350km/h was beyond their capabilities. But the line is by no means slow, it's designed to have a 200km/h sustained operating speed with the potential to upgrade to 250km/h, a large stretch of it (~60km) is even capable of 300km/h upgrade. So I think the most cost effective thing to do is a major upgrade of the line, so that it's fully 250km/h capable with sections allowing 300km/h travel.

Silly_Walks liked this post
hmmwv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2013, 03:22 AM   #6630
wharton2010

Likes (Received): 22

High speed train depot, Hankou, Wuhan by lgj

[IMG]http://i39.************/ve3oef.jpg[/IMG]

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-dog View Post
HSR passing Hankou of Wuhan, Hubei Province

foxmulder, big-dog, CP11, Munwon, hmmwv and 1 others liked this post
wharton2010 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2013, 10:32 PM   #6631
xinxingren

Likes (Received): 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly_Walks View Post
What's up with Shenyang? Maybe not enough passengers? Looks like they're closing passenger service on some existing slow trains.

Meanwhile the adjustment continues of fares to meet demand. I guess this is part of the settling in process, and we'll end up like the airlines offering graduated fares according to demand. These new builtup 8 car units don't easily allow the old flexibility of shunting off a first class car and substituting a second class.
xinxingren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2013, 03:14 AM   #6632
foxmulder

Likes (Received): 382

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinxingren View Post
What's up with Shenyang? Maybe not enough passengers? Looks like they're closing passenger service on some existing slow trains.
NIMBYsm at its best. First, I think the line did not pass environmental assessment. Which is quite ironic when one thinks that there is no more environment friendly way of transporting people. Then it passed that but challenged with protest by people whose houses apparently were close to line or smt like that. Which is again not something I buy. I mean I understand if it was people who needs to move due to route of the line but it is not people who needs to move who is protesting. But I am sure this is just the surface there some weird politics going behind the scenes. Who knows...

FM 2258 liked this post
foxmulder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2013, 04:29 AM   #6633
Silly_Walks

Likes (Received): 836

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinxingren View Post
What's up with Shenyang? Maybe not enough passengers?
D trains from Beijing to Harbin were always packed while I was there. When I got to Harbin and wanted to buy a ticket back to Beijing, I actually had to stay in Harbin 3 days longer because that was the first time they had anymore 8 hour D train availability.
Silly_Walks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2013, 07:49 AM   #6634
Silver Swordsman

Likes (Received): 101

^Sounds like they should start selling standing HSR tickets. It's only a matter of time.
Old October 18th, 2013, 04:45 PM   #6635
hmmwv

They don't sell them in Shenyang? They sure do sell standing tickets on Shanghai-Nanjing line.

FM 2258 liked this post
Old October 18th, 2013, 06:50 PM   #6636
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

Interesting, I had no idea they sold standing tickets on CRH trains. Are these for the 350km/h Shanghai-Nanjing railway or the CRH trains on the conventional railway...or both?

Also where do they stand? In the aisle?

Last edited by FM 2258; October 19th, 2013 at 01:13 AM.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2013, 06:45 AM   #6637
hmmwv

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post

Interesting, I had no idea they sold standing tickets on CRH trains. Are these for the 350km/h Shanghai-Nanjing railway or the CRH trains on the conventional railway...or both?

Also where do they stand? In the aisle?
I have seen "no seat" tickets available on both the old Shanghai-Nanjing line and the 350km/h ICL, I'm not sure about Beijing-Shanghai HSR though. If you buy one of those tickets you can seat at any empty seat until someone gets onboard, or you can stand in the area between carriages, or better if you can find seat in the lounge car. I've done it a few times now it's not too bad, as you can always find an empty seat for at least a portion of the journey. It's a last resort for someone who has to catch the train though because it's the same price as a standard 2nd class ticket.

FM 2258 liked this post
Old October 19th, 2013, 05:45 PM   #6638
flankerjun

Likes (Received): 1230

Shenyang to Dandong PDL is under construction, SPEED 250KM/H,someday it maybe spread to Korea

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old October 19th, 2013, 07:25 PM   #6639
Tk.Alv-87

Likes (Received): 114

What's the estimated completion date?
Tk.Alv-87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #6640
flankerjun

Likes (Received): 1230

The construction of the slab track(or Ballastless track),slab track has been widely used in china HSR, slab track http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Track_(rail_transport)
A disadvantage of traditional track structures is the heavy demand for maintenance, particularly surfacing (tamping) and lining to restore the desired track geometry and smoothness of vehicle running. Weakness of the subgrade and drainage deficiencies also lead to heavy maintenance costs. This can be overcome by using ballastless track. In its simplest form this consists of a continuous slab of concrete (like a highway structure) with the rails supported directly on its upper surface (using a resilient pad).
There are a number of proprietary systems, and variations include a continuous reinforced concrete slab, or alternatively the use of pre-cast pre-stressed concrete units laid on a base layer. Many permutations of design have been put forward.
However ballastless track is very expensive in first cost, and in the case of existing railroads requires closure of the route for a somewhat long period. Its whole life cost can be lower because of the great reduction in maintenance requirement. Ballastless track is usually considered for new very high speed or very high loading routes, in short extensions that require additional strength (e.g. rail station), or for localised replacement where there are exceptional maintenance difficulties, for example in tunnels.

pictures are transferred from Chinese forum,thanks for the author

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr