daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 29th, 2013, 04:53 PM   #6661
phoenixboi08

Likes (Received): 798

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-dog View Post
Chongqing-Lichuan railway on testing run from Oct 11

Chongqing-Lichuan railway is the last unfinished part of Shanghai-Chengdu HSR. It's a HSR/low speed mixed railway. The testing run will end at the beginning of November. Chongqing-Lichuan railway will open by the end of 2013.

Shanghai-Chengdu HSR is part of the backbone of Chinese HSR network. It will dramatically reduce the travel time of Chengdu/Chongqing to Shanghai/Wuhan/Nanjing.

--xinhuanet
That's good news! Do you happen to know what the travel time would be?

Sponsored Links
Old October 29th, 2013, 05:49 PM   #6662
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18222

Quote:
Shenzhen-Xiamen railway on testing run from Oct 4th

Shenzhen-Xiamen railway will open on December 26th 2013. The new railway will connect Xiamen, Zhangzhou, Chaozhou, Shantou,Jieyang, Shanwei, Huizhou, Shenzhen. The travel time between Shernzhen and Xiamen will be reduced to 3 hours. The full ticket will cost between RMB 160 ~ 190.
Do you have a schedule of the expected travel times between each station? Will this leave from Shenzhen North or another station?

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!

FM 2258 liked this post
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2013, 10:29 PM   #6663
xinxingren

Likes (Received): 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
On 27th December, what shall be the direct train time Guangzhou-Shanghai via Xiamen?
If it stops at the same places as existing (eg. G6201, D3119) it will take 12 hours. If you're looking for speed, check the tradeoff between the shorter distance, slower D trains via Changsha-Hangzhou, or faster longer distance G trains via Wuhan-Nanjing.
xinxingren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2013, 12:15 AM   #6664
chornedsnorkack

Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinxingren View Post
If you're looking for speed, check the tradeoff between the shorter distance, slower D trains via Changsha-Hangzhou, or faster longer distance G trains via Wuhan-Nanjing.
Neither exist.
There are 4 trains total Guangzhou-Shanghai.
The fastest of them is T100, and it takes 15:57, via Zhuzhou and Jinhua.
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2013, 02:36 AM   #6665
xinxingren

Likes (Received): 72

I said "If you're looking for speed", so I would assume such a person wouldn't mind changing trains to get a faster overall journey time.

G576 departs Shanghai Hongqiao 08.36 via Nanjing arrives Wuhan 13.32. Take 48 minutes to change to G79 and arrive at Guangzhou Sth 17.59, overall time 9h23m. There are faster change times for the fit and foolish.

D105 Shanghai-Changsha Sth via Hangzhou takes 9h16m. Take 20 minutes to change to G6133 and arrive Guangzhou Sth in 12h14m including the change.

The fastest train currently on the Fujian coastal route is G55 which averages 146km/hr. Doing that speed Shanghai-Guangzhou Sth via Xiamen Nth would take around 12h45m. It looks like a non-starter to me ...
xinxingren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2013, 05:14 PM   #6666
Galactic

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinxingren View Post
The fastest train currently on the Fujian coastal route is G55 which averages 146km/hr. Doing that speed Shanghai-Guangzhou Sth via Xiamen Nth would take around 12h45m. It looks like a non-starter to me ...
That might be a good timing for a night train. I know that the passenger dedicated lines shut down for the night, but how about the coastal HSR? As it consists of mixed-traffic lines, would it be possible to run a night train there?
Galactic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2013, 11:12 AM   #6667
big-dog

Likes (Received): 6840

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixboi08 View Post
That's good news! Do you happen to know what the travel time would be?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
Do you have a schedule of the expected travel times between each station? Will this leave from Shenzhen North or another station?
Unfortunately the time table for both railways are not available yet.

phoenixboi08 liked this post
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2013, 11:12 AM   #6668
big-dog

Likes (Received): 6840

Guangzhou-Zhuhai intercity HSR, at Zhuhai, Guangdong Province

Xijiang Bridge

by @铁路小亨

CP11, FM 2258 liked this post
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2013, 12:14 PM   #6669
chornedsnorkack

Quote:
It is well supplied with stations. On the 116 km distance between Guangzhou South and Zhuhai, 15 intermediate stations exist.
How is the current state of progress for the under construction Cuiheng station?

Also, on Shenzhen-Xiamen high speed railway, a Shenzhen East station used to be under construction. However, then Buji Station on Shenzhen-Guangzhou low speed railway was turned into Shenzhen East station.
What became of the station formerly under construction on Shenzhen-Xiamen high speed railway?
Old October 31st, 2013, 06:08 PM   #6670
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

Quote:

by @铁路小亨
Great pictures. I'm surprised that this station does not have any "express" tracks. Is this normal for stations along this line? I thought all high speed rail stations in China had express tracks to bypass the station if there was a train stopped there.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2013, 06:31 PM   #6671
Traceparts

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post
Great pictures. I'm surprised that this station does not have any "express" tracks. Is this normal for stations along this line? I thought all high speed rail stations in China had express tracks to bypass the station if there was a train stopped there.
There are two exceptions

No "express" tracks in large stations like Shanghai Hongqiao station, Beijing south station, Guangzhou south railway station

No "express" tracks in some short intercity lines

FM 2258 liked this post
Traceparts no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2013, 06:46 PM   #6672
saiho

Likes (Received): 1302

Quote:
I assume you mean passing tracks. You don't necessarily need one at every station, the Guangzhu ICR like other ICRs only have it at select stations. PDLs on the other hand have it in every station. I could imagine as the line has more development around it the new infill stations will be built with passing tracks.

That being said I think the best model for the ICLs should be Korea's commuter/quasi-high speed lines such as the urban sections of the Jungang, Gyeongchun, Gyeongwon Line

FM 2258 liked this post

Last edited by saiho; October 31st, 2013 at 07:01 PM.
saiho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2013, 06:37 AM   #6673
flankerjun

Likes (Received): 1230

Zhengzhou to Xuzhou HSR started building bridges , Another 350KM/H line,to be open in 2015

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old November 1st, 2013, 07:49 AM   #6674
kunming tiger

Likes (Received): 1665

Home > News> KunmingKunming to build new railway station in ChenggongBy : InKunming | Published: 2013-October-23

A new railway station is on the construction agenda at the end of October or at the beginning of November in Kunming. The construction project of new Kunming Railway Station or Kunming Southern Railway Station has been successfully bid by China Railway Construction Group with a bidding price of 2.01026 billion yuan.

The new station is located at Chenggong New District in Kunming. The project costs 2.052 billion yuan and the construction area totals 332,500 square meters. It will integrate railway, subway, bus and taxi together, and will connect to Shanghai and Chongqing in the north, Guilin and Yuxi in the south. It will be designed to work as a conjunction station for the Pan-Asia Railway.

After the construction, the southern railway station is expected to deliver passengers from Kunming to Guilin, Yuxi, Chongqing and Shanghai, while the present Kunming Railway Station in the downtown area is also used. The combination of new subway station and old railway station will enhance Kunming’s key position as the gateway to South Asia and Southeast Asia.

As early as 2009, China has invited bids for the construction project globally. However, affected by different reasons, the construction did not start.

It is known from Kunming Railway Bureau on October 21 that the new railway station is scheduled to be built by the end of this month or at the beginning of next month. It will be built at the bottom of Longtan Mountain on the east of Chenggong New District, Kunming. The planned station is about 7 kilometers away from the Dianchi Lake, and around 28 kilometers away from the present Kunming Railway Station. 16 platforms and 30 railroads are designed for the station which is oriented in directions of south and north.

The new station will show unique geographic cultures of the city. Theme of the station is about a dancing peacock spreading its tail and fresh flowers being in full blossom since peacock is native in Yunnan and Kunming boasts its fresh flowers. Design of the station implicates open attitude and hospitality of people in the city.

Waiting halls of the new station will be bigger than the one in service now. It is expected to deliver 128,000 passengers a day and 12,000 ones during rush hours. Seen from the long term, 46,930,000 passengers are predicted to travel via this station annually after 2030.

According to Kunming Railway Bureau, "the new railway station and the old station in the city will be connected after the successful construction of the new one in Chenggong District."
kunming tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2013, 09:02 AM   #6675
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunming tiger View Post
Home > News> KunmingKunming to build new railway station in ChenggongBy : InKunming | Published: 2013-October-23
<snip>

After the construction, the southern railway station is expected to deliver passengers from Kunming to Guilin, Yuxi, Chongqing and Shanghai, while the present Kunming Railway Station in the downtown area is also used. The combination of new subway station and old railway station will enhance Kunming’s key position as the gateway to South Asia and Southeast Asia.
Guilin will get high speed rail service? Which line will it be on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flankerjun View Post
Zhengzhou to Xuzhou HSR started building bridges , Another 350KM/H line,to be open in 201
image hosted on flickr

<snip>]
I want one for Christmas! Austin to San Antonio please!

Great pictures, I love seeing the continued progress on these high speed rail lines. What a beautiful picture with the HSL fading into the fog.

Swede liked this post

Last edited by FM 2258; November 1st, 2013 at 09:07 AM.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2013, 10:39 AM   #6676
chornedsnorkack

Quote:
Guilin will get high speed rail service? Which line will it be on?
How will Guilin connect to Kunming? I know of line Hengyang-Guilin-Liuzhou-Nanning which is under construction.
Old November 1st, 2013, 03:41 PM   #6677
Traceparts

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
How will Guilin connect to Kunming? I know of line Hengyang-Guilin-Liuzhou-Nanning which is under construction.
HSR line A: Guangzhou - Guilin - Guiyang high speed line (U/C 300km/h)
HSR line B: Changsha-Guiyang-Kunming (U/C 350km/h)

Go from Guilin to Kunming transfer at Guiyang

Hengyang-Guilin-Liuzhou-Nanning was completed, and now it under test

FM 2258 liked this post
Traceparts no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2013, 12:28 PM   #6678
chornedsnorkack

How is the progress of Kunming-Bose-Nanning high speed railway?
Old November 2nd, 2013, 07:06 PM   #6679
lkstrknb
Chicago Luke

Likes (Received): 804

I just uploaded a video I took last year of my Beijing-Shanghai high speed rail trip. At the end, I included a short segment from the Shanghai Maglev. Thanks for watching.

Luke

xinxingren, Vertigo, CP11, FM 2258 liked this post
lkstrknb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2013, 08:08 PM   #6680
flankerjun

Likes (Received): 1230

WUHAN TO GUANGZHOU HSR,through mountains,over rivers ,Nothing can obstruct the rail line

HSR in Guangxi province ,still under testing

Munwon, geometarkv, foxmulder, big-dog, CP11 liked this post
flankerjun no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
china, high speed rail