daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 10th, 2013, 11:18 PM   #6741
xinxingren

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
Lanzhou - Urumqi high speed line
Detailed map on Google maps:
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...2237,33.815918
Thanks for that keber, and congrats on spotting those tunnel adits. I had been looking lower down the valley, going further west before turning for a single long tunnel. But they have climbed up the side of the valley, the south portal is at 3600m. By taking a longer diagonal path thru the mountains they've broken it into sections, five bridges and six tunnels. The longest tunnel is 8.8km, and the whole line is downhill towards the northernmost portal at 3200m altitude.
xinxingren no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 11th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #6742
flankerjun

Likes (Received): 1230

Shenyang,Liaoning Province

FM 2258 liked this post

Last edited by flankerjun; November 16th, 2013 at 01:39 PM.
flankerjun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #6743
flankerjun

FROM Internet thank for the photographer
taken in Feb.2012

the highlight is the CRH380D,or zefiro 380

FM 2258, Zero Gravity, Pansori liked this post

Last edited by flankerjun; November 16th, 2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old November 11th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #6744
flankerjun

tomorrow more pictures!

Last edited by flankerjun; November 11th, 2013 at 06:25 PM.
Old November 11th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #6745
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

Amazing pictures. Is that Shenyang North Railway station in the second picture? Looks almost like Harbin West from the colors. Love the CRH5 in the snow.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2013, 09:41 PM   #6746
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinxingren View Post
Thanks for that keber, and congrats on spotting those tunnel adits. I had been looking lower down the valley, going further west before turning for a single long tunnel. But they have climbed up the side of the valley, the south portal is at 3600m. By taking a longer diagonal path thru the mountains they've broken it into sections, five bridges and six tunnels. The longest tunnel is 8.8km, and the whole line is downhill towards the northernmost portal at 3200m altitude.
I want to do similar map for Shanghai - Kunming high speed line too but availability of recent satellite imagery of that area is almost nonexistent.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2013, 03:45 AM   #6747
flankerjun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post

Amazing pictures. Is that Shenyang North Railway station in the second picture? Looks almost like Harbin West from the colors. Love the CRH5 in the snow.

It is the shenyang railway station

FM 2258 liked this post
Old November 14th, 2013, 01:32 AM   #6748
xinxingren

Quote:
I want to do similar map for Shanghai - Kunming high speed line too but availability of recent satellite imagery of that area is almost nonexistent.
I've got a kml file with some data points between Changsha and Hekou. It works OK for me in Google Earth, but no matter how I format the data Google Maps refuses to accept it...
Old November 15th, 2013, 01:31 AM   #6749
keber

Quote:
I've got a kml file with some data points between Changsha and Hekou. It works OK for me in Google Earth, but no matter how I format the data Google Maps refuses to accept it...
I tried to do a map of known construction areas on new PDL Shanghai-Changsha-Kunming:
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...85208,14.27124

It looks like that works between Changsha and Kunming are still far from being completed, even in some rare 2013 shots works often looks more preparatory than advanced. Maybe I'll still find some areas, but more luck sometime in the future.
Old November 15th, 2013, 09:04 AM   #6750
xinxingren

Quote:
Maybe I'll still find some areas, but more luck sometime in the future.
Between Hangzhou and Zhuji the tunnel portals are visible to give a good alignment.

Lat 26.465 long 106.479 there's a short section heading SSW away from Guiyang. From Anshun town centre bearing 225˚distant 36km and 48km are two small sections of work not connected to anything else. The curves seem a little tight, maybe it's just improvement of the classic rail?

From the centre of Changshui (new Kunming airport) bearing 120˚distant 4km you can follow the construction for 14km until it disappears. No, this is not the airport metro line, that goes straight up between the two runways.

I find no sign of the new Kunmingnan station, but there's another stretch of suspicious looking construction about 6km in from the eastern lake shore, which might be metro line, or might be the new line to Singapore...
Old November 15th, 2013, 03:09 PM   #6751
keber

Quote:
Between Hangzhou and Zhuji the tunnel portals are visible to give a good alignment.
Added first part, still need better imagery for the rest.

Quote:
Lat 26.465 long 106.479 there's a short section heading SSW away from Guiyang.
Probably something different, there should be no costruction visible before 2010.

Quote:
From Anshun town centre bearing 225˚distant 36km and 48km are two small sections of work not connected to anything else. The curves seem a little tight, maybe it's just improvement of the classic rail?
Construction of G60 expressway (2005 shot).

Quote:
From the centre of Changshui (new Kunming airport) bearing 120˚distant 4km you can follow the construction for 14km until it disappears. No, this is not the airport metro line, that goes straight up between the two runways.
It appears to be a new expressway.

Quote:
I find no sign of the new Kunmingnan station, but there's another stretch of suspicious looking construction about 6km in from the eastern lake shore, which might be metro line, or might be the new line to Singapore...
With radius between 300 and 400 m it is more like a new metro line or a road.

Still, thanks for the help, I'll try to guess the rest of the line. Judging from recent aerial imagery 2014 opening is possible between Hangzhou and Changsha (which also should be very scenic as it runs through beautiful landscape and there is not much tunneling) but to Kunming? I don't think so because terrain looks really difficult and even in rare recent images works aren't nearly so advanced than from Hangzhou to Changsha. I'm also wondering where should PDL arrive at Kunming because there is no visible sign of new PDL despite 2013 imagery.
Old November 15th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #6752
kunming tiger

Likes (Received): 1665

A new railway station is on the construction agenda at the end of October or at the beginning of November in Kunming. The construction project of new Kunming Railway Station or Kunming Southern Railway Station has been successfully bid by China Railway Construction Group with a bidding price of 2.01026 billion yuan.

The new station is located at Chenggong New District in Kunming. The project costs 2.052 billion yuan and the construction area totals 332,500 square meters. It will integrate railway, subway, bus and taxi together, and will connect to Shanghai and Chongqing in the north, Guilin and Yuxi in the south. It will be designed to work as a conjunction station for the Pan-Asia Railway.

After the construction, the southern railway station is expected to deliver passengers from Kunming to Guilin, Yuxi, Chongqing and Shanghai, while the present Kunming Railway Station in the downtown area is also used. The combination of new subway station and old railway station will enhance Kunming’s key position as the gateway to South Asia and Southeast Asia.

As early as 2009, China has invited bids for the construction project globally. However, affected by different reasons, the construction did not start.

It is known from Kunming Railway Bureau on October 21 that the new railway station is scheduled to be built by the end of this month or at the beginning of next month. It will be built at the bottom of Longtan Mountain on the east of Chenggong New District, Kunming. The planned station is about 7 kilometers away from the Dianchi Lake, and around 28 kilometers away from the present Kunming Railway Station. 16 platforms and 30 railroads are designed for the station which is oriented in directions of south and north.

The new station will show unique geographic cultures of the city. Theme of the station is about a dancing peacock spreading its tail and fresh flowers being in full blossom since peacock is native in Yunnan and Kunming boasts its fresh flowers. Design of the station implicates open attitude and hospitality of people in the city.

Waiting halls of the new station will be bigger than the one in service now. It is expected to deliver 128,000 passengers a day and 12,000 ones during rush hours. Seen from the long term, 46,930,000 passengers are predicted to travel via this station annually after 2030.

According to Kunming Railway Bureau, "the new railway station and the old station in the city will be connected after the successful construction of the new one in Chenggong District."

By : InKunming | Published: 2013-October-23
kunming tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2013, 12:49 AM   #6753
xinxingren

Quote:
(a short section heading SSW away from Guiyang)
Probably something different, there should be no costruction visible before 2010.
I'm showing imagery date 20130613 at lat 26.469263° long 106.480633°, altho there's little identifiable detail of what the cleared way is for. There is one culvert, length 34 metres, for a small watercourse but that says nothing without knowing the height of the embankment.

Quote:
It (close to Kunming airport) appears to be a new expressway.
The pillar headers are only 7m wide, and the single 10m tunnel tubes are too narrow for 4 lane expressway

Quote:
With radius between 300 and 400 m it is more like a new metro line or a road. (6km east of Dianchihu)
Curve at lat. 24.827490° long 102.868435°, and again 10km SW have 2.5km radius, but they could do that for a metro too. It's at more or less the place for the station mentioned in kunming tiger's post. So when they started work on the Kunming - Singapore line did they just turn a first sod, have a few drinks, then go home and forget about it?
Old November 17th, 2013, 12:12 PM   #6754
chornedsnorkack

Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-dog View Post
Harbin-Tianjin HSR to open on December 1st

G412/409, G410/411

The whole trip will take about 7 hours.
It is 2 weeks left to that day.
What shall be the train schedule from 1st?
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2013, 01:57 PM   #6755
keber

Quote:
I'm showing imagery date 20130613 at lat 26.469263° long 106.480633°, altho there's little identifiable detail of what the cleared way is for. There is one culvert, length 34 metres, for a small watercourse but that says nothing without knowing the height of the embankment.
Nice find. I've included it into the map. I also included extra parts close to that which I found on historical imagery in Google Earth (it comes handy from time to time)

Quote:
The pillar headers are only 7m wide, and the single 10m tunnel tubes are too narrow for 4 lane expressway

Curve at lat. 24.827490° long 102.868435°, and again 10km SW have 2.5km radius, but they could do that for a metro too. It's at more or less the place for the station mentioned in kunming tiger's post.
I see that, before I was looking to wrong place too close to airport. Included, up to a presumed location of new station and a bit more.

Quote:
So when they started work on the Kunming - Singapore line did they just turn a first sod, have a few drinks, then go home and forget about it?
There is some construction visible south of Kunming in direction towards Vietnam and Hanoi but it does not appear to be 350 km/h line, it's too curvy.

:jax: liked this post
Old November 17th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #6756
keber

I've finished with some additional sections found in GE historical imagery.
Shanghai-Changsha-Kunming PDL map:
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...62455,28.54248
Old November 18th, 2013, 04:17 AM   #6757
xinxingren

Quote:
There is some construction visible south of Kunming in direction towards Vietnam and Hanoi but it does not appear to be 350 km/h line, it's too curvy.
I assumed the Kunming - Hanoi line was 200km/hr. Kunming - Singapore could also be that slow given there's 3 border crossings along the way and the line will be a strategic freight carrier. It's reported to cross into Laos near Mohan lat 21.19 long 101.69. The railway construction visible for some 60kms north of there was obviously new in 2007, but hardly 120km/hr to my eye.
Old November 18th, 2013, 11:11 AM   #6758
big-dog

Likes (Received): 6840

Nov.16 Tracklaying for Xinjiang section of Lanzhou-Xinjiang HSR completed

Lanzhou-Xinjiang HSR

1776km, crossing Xinjiang, Gansu and Qinghai provinces
143.5 bln yuan (US$ 23 bln)
Construction started in 2009, opening in 2014
Testing run will start from May 2014

by 蔡增乐
Old November 18th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #6759
chornedsnorkack

Likes (Received): 388

How is the progress of Xian-Baoji-Lanzhou high speed railway?
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #6760
flankerjun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
How is the progress of Xian-Baoji-Lanzhou high speed railway?
250KMH

Tags
china, high speed rail