daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 21st, 2013, 08:29 PM   #6801
xinxingren

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhzz View Post
The news said that it takes only 4 hours from Hengyang to Nanning,I really doubt it.
Another wild guess, Beijing - Guangzhou looks at a quick glance on a map, the same distance as Beijing-Liuzhou, and depending on number of stops the G trains get to Guangzhou between 8 and 9.5 hours. You only need another hour for a non-stop express (260km on the old line Liuzhou - Nanning).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunming tiger View Post
The construction of Yun-Gui railway will get started within the year, the operation line being 754 kilometers from Kunming east station to Nanning station,
The construction of Yun-Gui high-speed railway is to start at the end of this year, with construction period of 6 years and a total investment of 89.9 billion yuan.
Must take time to build those flash new stations in all the little wayside villages
It was only 5 years for 1400km Golmud - Lhasa thru some of the hardest construction conditions
xinxingren no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2013, 09:13 PM   #6802
chornedsnorkack

Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinxingren View Post
Another wild guess, Beijing - Guangzhou looks at a quick glance on a map, the same distance as Beijing-Liuzhou,
Hengyang-Guangzhou by old railway - 521 km, by new railway - 473 km. Actually, Hengyang-Guangzhou North on old railway - 494 km; Hengyang East-Guangzhou North on new railway - 428 km

Hengyang-Nanning by old railway - 793 km
Hengyang-Liuzhou by old railway - 538 km
Hengyang-Guilin by old railway - 362 km.
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2013, 02:16 AM   #6803
xinxingren

Another oddity: the HSR line from Hengyang forks southwestwards from the main north-south line 4km south of Hengyangdong, then just before crossing the Xiangjiang it is merged with lines from the old Hengyang central station. Will this line be clogged with local D trains?
Old November 22nd, 2013, 05:28 AM   #6804
hhzz

Likes (Received): 1274

Simulation of the real load test run begins in Guangxi Coastal HSR Nanning-Qinzhou-Beihai-Fangchenggang on November 22.
hhzz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2013, 05:57 AM   #6805
foxmulder

Likes (Received): 382

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhzz View Post
Lanzhou-Xinjiang(Urumqi) HSR in Menyuan,3000 metres above sea level,Qinghai province.

[IMG]http://i42.************/s5isza.jpg[/IMG]

They should use this line for speed record with CRH500. Due to high elevation, air resistance should be significantly less

FM 2258, CP11 liked this post
foxmulder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #6806
Vertigo
Fan van de Neudeflat

Likes (Received): 130

Where can one find CRH train times online? I am looking for schedules on the Harbin - Shenyang high speed line. But when I try various online rail planners, I can only find trains which seem much too slow for a high speed line, taking more than 5 hours for about 500 kilometers. Is my assumption correct that CRH trains are not included in those planners?

Can one recognize high speed trains by the train number?

Are there also high speed trains already running between Shenyang and Beijing, on the conventional line?

Thanks a lot.
Vertigo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2013, 04:20 PM   #6807
augst6

Likes (Received): 11

Highspeed train bears a prefix 'G' or 'C' (For intercity) before the train number (eg. G1)

There are also 'D' trains, which are about 200km/h

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
augst6 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #6808
xinxingren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
Where can one find CRH train times online?
Everybody has their own favorite. I find these useful,
http://www.cnvol.com/
http://www.chinatrainguide.com/
http://train.huochepiao.com/

The first two give a list in order of departure time, the fast G trains jumbled in amongst the ordinary.

Edit: I thought huochepiao sorts the list by speed so G trains appear first, but now they're back online it seems not. I have seen one that does.
The official China Rail site is at http://www.12306.cn/mormhweb/ but even if you've passed the imperial exam their user interface is somewhat inscrutable...

Vertigo liked this post

Last edited by xinxingren; November 24th, 2013 at 11:33 PM.
Old November 25th, 2013, 12:42 AM   #6809
fanspy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 51

Quote:
Everybody has their own favorite. I find these useful,
http://www.cnvol.com/
http://www.chinatrainguide.com/
http://train.huochepiao.com/

The first two give a list in order of departure time, the fast G trains jumbled in amongst the ordinary.

Edit: I thought huochepiao sorts the list by speed so G trains appear first, but now they're back online it seems not. I have seen one that does.
The official China Rail site is at http://www.12306.cn/mormhweb/ but even if you've passed the imperial exam their user interface is somewhat inscrutable...
Right now there's maintenance on the website, so it says that I should go all the way to a ticket window to get what I want. lol
fanspy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 12:43 AM   #6810
fanspy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
Where can one find CRH train times online? I am looking for schedules on the Harbin - Shenyang high speed line. But when I try various online rail planners, I can only find trains which seem much too slow for a high speed line, taking more than 5 hours for about 500 kilometers. Is my assumption correct that CRH trains are not included in those planners?

Can one recognize high speed trains by the train number?

Are there also high speed trains already running between Shenyang and Beijing, on the conventional line?

Thanks a lot.
I just had a look at that website. You must have selected the older main stations, so you're getting the slower, older trains. The high speed trains stop at new stations like Harbin West.
fanspy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 03:45 AM   #6811
xinxingren

If I type in just Harbin and Shenyang trains.china.org is listing trains between Harbin and Harbin East to/from Shenyang and Shenyang North, but missing all the G and D trains from Harbin West. Yet if I type in just Beijing and Guangzhou it gives me all the correct trains from Beijing west/central to Guangzhou south/central/east, with a bonus of some double listings for Guangzhou Nan and for Guangzhou South

If I type in just Harbin and Shenyang huochepiao gives me all the slow trains plus all the D trains from Harbin West, but no G trains. These train finders all seem to be a bit dodgy, which is why it pays to keep a few on hand to crosscheck
Old November 25th, 2013, 04:12 AM   #6812
doc7austin

Likes (Received): 810

My favourite is:
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-trains/
This site gives you also information about how many seats/berth are available.
Although the numbers are not always 100% correct (there seems to be a timelag), it is a good indicator.
doc7austin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 08:21 AM   #6813
_Night City Dream_

Likes (Received): 101812

Beijing South railway station.

All pics were taken in the very late December 2012.

A small part of tracks.

My favorite CRH 380. Pity that I see them so rarely this time. Only Siemens trains are everywhere.

My train was also Japanese-based but simpler.

All Japanese-based trains have screens protecting the pantographs of the trains from the side wind. That's not the case for Siemens trains by the way.

My train, front part:

Again my Kawasaki or Hitachi (?)

380th:

Leaving the platform.

Exit.

My Baku / Мой Баку / 我的巴库

_Night City Dream_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #6814
flankerjun

Likes (Received): 1230

Tianjin to Tianjin West tunnel will open on December 1,and Tianjin to Qinhuangdao HSR will open on the same day.At the end of Dec,trains from Northeast to East will be on service.
flankerjun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 05:01 PM   #6815
chornedsnorkack

Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by flankerjun View Post
Tianjin to Tianjin West tunnel will open on December 1,and Tianjin to Qinhuangdao HSR will open on the same day.At the end of Dec,trains from Northeast to East will be on service.
Where in the East? Will trains travel Harbin-Shenyang-Qinhuangdao-Tianjin-Nanjing-Hangzhou-Fuzhou-Xiamen-Shenzhen next month?
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 07:19 PM   #6816
foxmulder

Likes (Received): 382

Quote:
China, Romania to launch high-speed railway cooperation

BUCHAREST, Nov. 25 (Xinhua) -- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang and his Romanian counterpart Victor Ponta agreed on Monday that their two countries would cooperate in building high-speed railways in Romania.

After their talks, the two leaders also witnessed the signing of series of cooperation agreements, covering such fields as trade, investment and telecommunication, as well as electricity generation.

Li arrived here Monday for an official visit to Romania and a summit with leaders of Central and Eastern European (CEE) countries.
Chinese HSR development is an opportunity for developing countries to have reasonably priced modern transportation infrastructure. I hope more countries take advantage of it.
foxmulder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 10:04 PM   #6817
Galactic

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Huochepiao does allow you to sort the the list by travel time; you just click the "Travel Time" column header. Likewise, you can sort by departure time by clicking the "Dept. Time" header and so on.
Galactic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 11:35 PM   #6818
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmulder View Post
Chinese HSR development is an opportunity for developing countries to have reasonably priced modern transportation infrastructure. I hope more countries take advantage of it.
*cough* ...like the United States... *cough*

3737 liked this post
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2013, 03:01 AM   #6819
kunming tiger

Likes (Received): 1665

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post
*cough* ...like the United States... *cough*
An American friend recently told me that HSR in the United States would face strong opposition from vested interests there, would that be true?

FM 2258 liked this post
kunming tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2013, 04:19 AM   #6820
flankerjun

Likes (Received): 1230

Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
Where in the East? Will trains travel Harbin-Shenyang-Qinhuangdao-Tianjin-Nanjing-Hangzhou-Fuzhou-Xiamen-Shenzhen next month?
From Shenyang, Changchun or Harbin to Jinan ,Qingdao,Nanjing,Shanghai and Hangzhou
flankerjun no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
china, high speed rail