daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 10th, 2014, 10:34 PM   #7221
chornedsnorkack

Likes (Received): 388

I cannot find schedules or news of Maoming-Zhanjiang high speed railway actually having opened for scheduled ticketed service in 2013. Can anyone confirm or deny its progress?
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 11th, 2014, 01:00 AM   #7222
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post
What would they have to do to upgrade to 350km/h(I'm guessing the overhead wires)? I always wonder how much more it costs to build a like to 350km/h standards vs 250km/h standards.
If it's listed as upgradable to 350km/h that means the basic infrastructure are built to 350km/h standard, such as turning radius and viaducts. They need different overhead wires, signaling, and possibly new sleepers at sections that are not ballastless.

kunming tiger liked this post
hmmwv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2014, 06:04 AM   #7223
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

Interesting, it seems like it would be more expensive to disrupt the line and upgrade than to start off at the highest rated speed.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2014, 06:15 AM   #7224
hmmwv

Quote:

Interesting, it seems like it would be more expensive to disrupt the line and upgrade than to start off at the highest rated speed.
China is very good at this, just looking at all the speed up campaigns, many of which are way more disruptive than this. They only need to shut down a section of one of the tracks to do the work, and a lot of work can be done at night when neither line is in operation. If they can upgrade the old but extremely busy Shanghai-Nanjing Railway to 200km/h without taking it offline they can do the 350km/h upgrade with ease.

FM 2258 liked this post
hmmwv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2014, 06:49 AM   #7225
FM 2258

You're right, another good example is the Guangshen Railway.
Old January 11th, 2014, 08:55 AM   #7226
xinxingren

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
I cannot find schedules or news of Maoming-Zhanjiang high speed railway actually having opened for scheduled ticketed service in 2013. Can anyone confirm or deny its progress?
Interesting there's a ton of news releases saying it opened December 28. Now the best I can find for ticketing is e.g. T202 Sanya - Beijing, which for the timing and speeds quoted looks like it runs on the Hainan eastern HSR line to Haikou, 363km at 99km/hr including one stop. But from ZhanJiangXi-Maomingdong 93km at 74km/hr, no stops, looks like they're not even running "slow" trains on this HSR sector.
xinxingren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2014, 08:38 AM   #7227
hhzz

Likes (Received): 1274

January 2014

Shanghai-Kunming HSR(Hangzhou-Changsha section ) constructions in Jiangxi province,Central China.

From jx.chinanews.com

FM 2258, CP11, geometarkv liked this post
hhzz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2014, 11:10 AM   #7228
chornedsnorkack

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-dog View Post
HSR network map 2014

I did some translation job on a HSR map posted on local forum by 二十八号生
  • Red lines: 300+ km/h
  • Blue lines: 200+ km/h
  • Dotted lines: to be opened in 2014

Listing the lines to be opened:
Shown on the map as due in 2014:
  1. Harbin-Qiqihar 300 km/h
  2. Tianjin-Yujiapu 300 km/h
  3. Tianjin-Baoding 200 km/h
  4. Qingdao-Yantai-Rongcheng 200 km/h
  5. Hangzhou-Jinhua-Nanchang-Changsha 300 km/h
  6. Wenzhou-Jinhua 200 km/h
  7. Longyan-Ganzhou 200 km/h
  8. Guangzhou-Zhaoqing-Wuzhou 200 km/h
  9. Guangzhou-Zhaoqing-Guilin-Guiyang 300 km/h
  10. Wuhan-Xiaogan 200 km/h
  11. Wuhan-Huanggang 200 km/h
  12. Wuhan-Huangshi 200 km/h
  13. Chengdu-Leshan 200 km/h
  14. Chengdu-Jiangyou 200 km/h
  15. Zhengzhou-Kaifeng 200 km/h
  16. Zhengzhou-Jiaozuo 200 km/h
  17. Xian-Yuncheng-Taiyuan-Yuanping 300 km/h
  18. Yuanping-Datong 200 km/h
  19. Lanzhou-Urumqi 300 km/h
Shown as open, but not reported to be so - hoped to actually open in 2014:
  1. Wuzhou-Nanning 200 km/h
  2. Maoming-Zhanjiang 200 km/h
Is that all correct?
Are there any lines missing on the map that also are due in 2014?

AlexisMD, FM 2258 liked this post

Last edited by chornedsnorkack; January 12th, 2014 at 01:55 PM.
Old January 12th, 2014, 10:06 PM   #7229
xinxingren

Quote:
http://news.southcn.com/d/2013-12/30...t_88646149.htm
says most of the old K and T trains are running at 120km/hr max. on this piece of HSR. There will be no EMUs until there is connecting HSR line to the main system.

chornedsnorkack liked this post
Old January 12th, 2014, 11:18 PM   #7230
chornedsnorkack

So, railway lines which I find reported as due for 2014, but which are NOT depicted on the map:
  1. Longhua-Futian
  2. Zhangjiakou-Huh-hoto
  3. Hefei-Fuzhou
  4. Zhengzhou-Xuchang
  5. Changsha-Zhuzhou-Xiangtan
  6. Nanjing-Anqing
  7. Dongguan-Huizhou
  8. Foshan-Zhaoqing

How is the progress of these lines?
Old January 13th, 2014, 12:02 AM   #7231
Sunfuns

Likes (Received): 361

Is Lanzhou-Urumqi really built at 300+ km/h standard? I remember reading somewhere that it's built mostly at 250 km/h level.
Sunfuns no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2014, 12:10 AM   #7232
gdolniak
Mememe...

Likes (Received): 29

CSR Train Cars, Parts Shipped to Australia Tainted with Asbestos

CSR Train Cars, Parts Shipped to Australia Tainted with Asbestos
By Staff reporters Wu jing and Lu Bingyang

(Beijing) – Train cars and parts exported by CSR Corp. Ltd., China's biggest train maker, to Australia have been found to contain hazardous materials, and CSR is working to make sure the news is contained.

The exports were sent to Bradken Ltd., an Australian mining products group.

The Australian customs officials have isolated the cars and equipment containing asbestos, which can cause cancer and other diseases if exposure is prolonged. They are continuing to investigate.

It is unclear how many cars are involved.

The Economic and Commercial Section of China's consulate in Melbourne announced a probe was underway on January 7. The website of China's Ministry of Commerce posted the news a day later.

However, information regarding the episode has been removed from both websites. A source close to CSR said the company negotiated with relevant departments immediately after the incident to limit publicity.

CSR said the news release by the Ministry of Commerce was removed from the website because some aspects were not entirely accurate, but declined to say what exactly was inaccurate.

This is not the first time that a CSR export has been found to contain asbestos, the source at the company said.

Australia banned the use of asbestos in 2004 and importers are required to ensure and declare on import documents that their goods do not contain the material.

Sources in the railway industry say that Chinese manufacturers sometimes use banned materials to keep costs low and make their exports more competitive.

The report on the Ministry of Commerce website that was removed said that a spokesman at Bradken said this was the first time the company had imported CSR products. He added that although an examination showed train cars contained white asbestos, employees faced no health hazards and the episode would not affect future cooperation with Chinese companies.

A spokesman for Australian customs said Bradken is likely to be fined AU$ 850,000 or up to three times the value of the locomotive.

A CSR spokesman said earlier that the subway cars it sells domestically are better quality than the ones its exports.

http://english.caixin.com/2014-01-09/100627064.html
gdolniak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2014, 02:06 AM   #7233
xinxingren

Quote:
So, railway lines which I find reported as due for 2014, but which are NOT depicted on the map:
(LIST)

How is the progress of these lines?
Aah, the joy of maps is finding the mistakes

4. Zhengzhou-Xuchang appears to have opened 2013 September 28, plenty of D trains listed between 2h30' & 3h travel time, vs 3h53' for fastest K246.

5. Changsha-Zhuzhou-Xiangtan as part of the Changsha-Hangzhou line, has the difference that Xiangtang was dropped in favor of looping the line north thru NanChang. There are D trains running Changsha-Nanchang. There are also D trains Changsha-Hangzhou but these do not stop at Nanchang nor Nanchangxi, nor Xiangtang. I suspect they might be running for parts of the journey on upgraded standard rails.
Old January 13th, 2014, 05:07 AM   #7234
hhzz

Likes (Received): 1274

Shanghai-Kunming HSR,January 12th 2014

The main structural construction of Beipanjiang River bridge completed in Guizhou Province,Southwest China.

From xinhuanet.com
Old January 13th, 2014, 11:10 AM   #7235
hmmwv

I wonder if anyone here has experience of train travel during Chunyun, how easy would it be to purchase CRH tickets for short routes in more developed areas. For example a couple of days before New Year Eve between Shanghai and Nanjing or between Beijing and Tianjin.
Any help would be appreciated.
Old January 13th, 2014, 12:58 PM   #7236
ranshining

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmwv View Post
I wonder if anyone here has experience of train travel during Chunyun, how easy would it be to purchase CRH tickets for short routes in more developed areas. For example a couple of days before New Year Eve between Shanghai and Nanjing or between Beijing and Tianjin.
Any help would be appreciated.
I know Shanghai - Beijing as a whole still has lots of tickets days after it's open for sale unlike many other destinations which would sell out within minutes. You obviously shouldn't rely on getting a ticket at the station on the day of travel, but there is no such big rush that you need to book 20 days in advance.
ranshining no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2014, 05:52 PM   #7237
hmmwv

I see, I'll be doing some local travels between Shanghai and Nanjing and hoping that I can get tickets a day in advance. I know longer routes are easily booked but I'm just not sure how busy those short intercity runs will be. I know there isn't a lot of migrate worker traffic between two eastern cities but then again many people traveling from Shanghai to their final destinations may connect through Nanjing.
Old January 13th, 2014, 06:04 PM   #7238
Traceparts

Likes (Received): 74

A busy train station: Shijiazhuang train station

FM 2258, CP11, big-dog, geometarkv liked this post
Traceparts no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2014, 01:34 PM   #7239
FM 2258

I love seeing High Speed and Conventional trains running in the same area.
Old January 14th, 2014, 03:11 PM   #7240
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6911

Quote:

I love seeing High Speed and Conventional trains running in the same area.
I thought it was just me
It gives the station some feeling of life going on. Or something like that.
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
china, high speed rail