daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 30th, 2014, 03:05 PM   #7301
chornedsnorkack

Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by flankerjun View Post
Jiangxi Province has completed several month ago.
Just the section between Nanchang and Zhejiang province border, or also the section between Nanchang and Hunan province border?
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2014, 03:38 PM   #7302
flankerjun

Likes (Received): 1230

Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
Just the section between Nanchang and Zhejiang province border, or also the section between Nanchang and Hunan province border?
Changsha to the border of Jiangxi and Zhejiang.
flankerjun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2014, 03:58 PM   #7303
chornedsnorkack

Quote:
Changsha to the border of Jiangxi and Zhejiang.
Meaning that the whole line between Changsha and Hangzhou has rails connected.
Shall it be opened for schedule traffic all at one time, or in separate sections?
Old January 30th, 2014, 04:08 PM   #7304
flankerjun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
Meaning that the whole line between Changsha and Hangzhou has rails connected.
Shall it be opened for schedule traffic all at one time, or in separate sections?
Changsha to Nanchang will begin test after chinese new year,timetable for opening is Sep.In Zhejiang,there are lots of work need to be done,wires,signal,stations.timetable is end of 2014.
Old January 30th, 2014, 07:19 PM   #7305
chornedsnorkack

After railway testing has been completed and before the line is to open for scheduled service, shall the line be used for testing any new trains?
Old January 30th, 2014, 09:54 PM   #7306
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

Thanks for the pictures hhzz...what an amazing job they're doing putting the network together.

Quote:
The 4 kinds are CRTS ⅠⅡⅢ,these three kind are all prefabricated.and the last kind called double-block unballasted track.CRTS Ⅰis from Japan,cheap and easy-made.Whuhan to Guangzhou hsr is the first line using CRTSⅠ.Chinese find out it is not as good as CRTS Ⅱ(the boegl plate) in normal condition,So then all 300+km/h line begin to use CRTSⅡ.BUT CRTS Ⅰfit for high-latitude area,so Harbin to Dalian,Lanzhou to Urumchi using this kind.double-block are using in tunnels,they are cast-in-place.so at
the time 2010 ,after Comprehensive consideration of the advantage and disadvantage of all the unballasted track,China push out CRTSⅢ.Chengdu to Dujiangyan line is the first time experiment of CRTSⅢ,then Wuhan to Xianning,Shenyang to Dandong,Panjin to Yingkou begin to use CRTSⅢ

Very interesting, thanks for the information. This page has some more information on the subject if anyone is interested:

http://www.dissertationtopic.net/doc/758332

Last edited by FM 2258; January 30th, 2014 at 11:05 PM.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2014, 10:35 PM   #7307
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6911

Not sure if this has been posted. A great video of Shanghai-Beijing ride

Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2014, 01:59 AM   #7308
kostas97

Likes (Received): 102

WOW!!!
All i have to say is that the Chinese high-speed railway is just awesome!!

Without doubt-the best high-speed railway network in the whole world!!
I didn't expect the Chinese to have such a great network!!!

That's why the CRH (along with the French TGV, the Japanese Shinkansen and the German DB) is-in my opinion-the most reliable and convenient high-speed railway!

FM 2258, foxmulder liked this post
kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2014, 07:14 AM   #7309
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

I agree. It seems like China has become experts on high speed rail in just a "few" years. Their infrastructure is excellent, they've been able to manage several different types of trains and from what I see they have been able to keep their trains on schedule. Other than the crash near Wenzhou they've been able to keep a good safety record and I hope it stays that way for many years to come.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2014, 11:20 AM   #7310
gdolniak
Mememe...

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhzz View Post
The track-laying completed in Zhejiang province,Eastern China.

[...]
From zj.xinhuanet.com
Has anybody noticed the (lack of) safety for the railway workers? I'm talking about simple things, like helmet, reflective work uniform, gloves, shoes...
gdolniak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2014, 11:36 AM   #7311
Silver Swordsman

Likes (Received): 101

It's China, what did you expect? Those things cost money.

Sopomon, aquaticko, gdolniak liked this post
Silver Swordsman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2014, 07:27 PM   #7312
Xoser_barcelona

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas97 View Post
WOW!!!
All i have to say is that the Chinese high-speed railway is just awesome!!

Without doubt-the best high-speed railway network in the whole world!!
I didn't expect the Chinese to have such a great network!!!

That's why the CRH (along with the French TGV, the Japanese Shinkansen and the German DB) is-in my opinion-the most reliable and convenient high-speed railway!
+ Spain, thanks
Xoser_barcelona no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2014, 07:30 PM   #7313
Sunfuns

Likes (Received): 361

Is there really a country with unreliable and inconvenient high speed rail? I can't think of any. Complaints are mostly about non-existing HS rail...
Sunfuns no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2014, 11:09 PM   #7314
kostas97

Likes (Received): 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoser_barcelona View Post
+ Spain, thanks
oh yeah i forgot to include spain!!

sorry but the only high-speed rail portion that i know is the madrid-barcelona part!!

i don't know about the other portions!! :p
kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2014, 02:38 AM   #7315
Silly_Walks

Likes (Received): 836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfuns View Post
Is there really a country with unreliable and inconvenient high speed rail? I can't think of any. Complaints are mostly about non-existing HS rail...
There are some voices against Germany's approach to HS rail, that has a lot of mixing with slower and freight traffic.

Personally I've had some bad experiences with the Thalys from Amsterdam to Brussels/Paris and vice versa. It is is far less reliable than what I have seen in China.

Once the train Thalys to Brussels just vanished. Just an announcement that it was cancelled, a few minutes before it was supposed to have departed. I could get a free ticket for the next one, but I had to walk to the other side of the station myself, and the next one wouldn't leave for another hour.

Another time I left for Paris, and the window I was at was busted. It just had a sticker on it saying it was safe... no mention how I could get any kind of compensation cause my view was completely gone (one of the reasons I take the train).

Then from Paris to Amsterdam, I had a Thalys that had a delay of an hour. But they didn't say it was delayed for an hour: every 5 minutes they announced the train would be leaving shortly, but that we couldn't enter the train or the platform yet. So we couldn't go sit anywhere where it was warm, we had to stand in the cold (January) , or sit on the floor at the beginning of the platform.

All this was just during the 2 return trips I took with Thalys.

Chinese HSR was heaven compared to this, and far cheaper than Thalys, which makes you pay a premium for sub-par service and quality.
Silly_Walks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2014, 02:39 AM   #7316
xinxingren

Likes (Received): 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdolniak View Post
Has anybody noticed the (lack of) safety for the railway workers? I'm talking about simple things, like helmet, reflective work uniform, gloves, shoes...
P'raps it's a Chinese tradition
xinxingren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2014, 04:00 AM   #7317
foxmulder

Likes (Received): 382

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfuns View Post
My experience neither in Italy nor in Germany were nice. In both cases trains had to slow down for some reason and in Italy, I didn't like the seating arrangement.
foxmulder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2014, 04:31 AM   #7318
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6911

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmulder View Post
My experience neither in Italy nor in Germany were nice. In both cases trains had to slow down for some reason and in Italy, I didn't like the seating arrangement.
What lines did you use in Germany?

If Wikipedia is being accurate then there are only two 300km/h HSR lines in Germany at the moment:

- Ingolstadt to Nuremberg stretch of Nuremberg-Munich HSR
- Cologne-Frankfurt (130km/h near Cologne where it joins conventional rail junction)

In general German HSR network looks a little patchy with only a few all-new lines while most being upgraded with speeds varying in different stretches.

France, Spain, Japan (Italy, South Korea too?) have complete HSR networks or varying size and density with continuous dedicated tracks which is why it would be more fair to mention those countries when talking about HSR. As silly walks mentioned Germany has a somewhat conservative approach to HSR. And, to be honest, I don't understand it. Perhaps because it was cheaper to upgrade old lines? Then again, Germany largely paid for Spain's brand new HSR network which is why such argument probably wouldn't make sense.

China, on the other hand has done it's network to a seemingly even higher spec than any of those countries (perhaps except Spain?).
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2014, 06:58 AM   #7319
flankerjun

Thanks to liuzhijun,for the infrastructure,China HSR is most advanced in the world,MOR imported the most advanced technology from all over the world,such as ballastless track,France has no ballastless track,JP and Germany have only few of them,but China use them all of the 300+km/h hsr,length of viaducts is almost 85% of the whole line,Box girder weighs 900t,which meet the condition running at 600km/h.minimum curve radius is 7000m,outdistanced all the other countries.and the power supply,even a technology in the laboratory,China is a so large country,the tradition way needs so many power substations,China HSR do not need so many.

FM 2258 liked this post
Old February 3rd, 2014, 10:48 AM   #7320
doc7austin

Likes (Received): 813

Quote:
Another time I left for Paris, and the window I was at was busted. It just had a sticker on it saying it was safe.
Just take another seat!
doc7austin no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
china, high speed rail