daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 3rd, 2009, 01:05 AM   #721
UD2
A very cool person

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoser_barcelona View Post
None taken at all. I actually am wondering how your post is a reaction on mine, but won't waste too much time on you further; I am sure your knowlAdge is light years ahead of mine and you are the one with access to the right source material.

Is there anybody without a chin on their shoulder (..or is it chip...?) that knows something about this, is willing to share information and doesn't take a fair question as an attack? Are there a lot of sound barriers being put up alongside lines where trains will pass at 350 kph? Are there plans from the ministry of environment being implemented currently?
Youíre question has already been answered and explained. Read it intelligently and maybe you'll see it.

Actually, just to make sure..

Q: I see many small villages next to the high speed tracks with houses close to the line, but didnít see many sound barriers on drive-through videos. What are the plans when it comes to protecting people living next to the lines from noise pollution?

A: electric trains are quiet and tracks mounted high up above ground level allows nose to disspiate more effectively before reaching the houses. In dumb terms, they're not needed and therefore not provided.

To add to your ignorance, tracks that have residential buildings directly adjacent to it mostly won't have 350kmph speed limits.

Youíll come around one day... i hope...
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed" - President Eisenhower
UD2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 3rd, 2009, 01:09 AM   #722
UD2
A very cool person

Quote:
Originally Posted by gincan View Post
When CRH has transported 7 billion passenger without one single fatality, then you can talk about Japan, I also highly doubt that CRH will ever reach even close to the punctuality of the Shinkansen.

Regarding the west (except for north america), on a per capita basis, china still has some 25-30 years more of railway constructions (at current pace) to catch up.
2nd part.

You're wrong to make that comparasion. Lengh of track is one thing, but passanger carried should be measured also taking into account traffic.

A 100km line with 4 tracks parrllel which are travelled by fully loaded 16 car trains travelling at 200km/h with 5 minute headways will carry more passangers than 300km of single tracks that takes on a 70% loaded 8 car train once every half hour.

To make your arugment even less accurate. You're comparing track length per capita. That's retarded because a densely populated country will never surpass a sparsely populated one. Infact, to use your comparasion, Canada will be the best railroad nation in the world and nobody will ever beable to catch up with it. At least not at current population rate of growth.

as for part one.. I guess we'll see.
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed" - President Eisenhower
Old December 3rd, 2009, 01:12 AM   #723
Ariel74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
None taken at all. I actually am wondering how your post is a reaction on mine, but won't waste too much time on you further; I am sure your knowlAdge is light years ahead of mine and you are the one with access to the right source material.

Is there anybody without a chin on their shoulder (..or is it chip...?) that knows something about this, is willing to share information and doesn't take a fair question as an attack? Are there a lot of sound barriers being put up alongside lines where trains will pass at 350 kph? Are there plans from the ministry of environment being implemented currently?

The guy you quoted was responding to you because he/she takes what you said about freedom of travel/facebook/noise stuff to be just propaganda or uninformed news in the west that you are merely regurgitating. You may disagree, but the person certainly wrote a response to the longest paragraph in your post.

By the way, everyone has chins above, though not on, their shoulders, so it's "chip" you are looking for. There seems to be a lot of chips to go round on this forum, and you are certainly not an exception :-)

Last edited by Ariel74; December 3rd, 2009 at 01:16 AM. Reason: grammar
Ariel74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 01:13 AM   #724
UD2
A very cool person

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramercy View Post
**** you

w/ love from spain
and france
and italy
lol... nice...

true.. but not at the same speed and scale.. that you need to admit.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 01:18 AM   #725
Ariel74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
When CRH has transported 7 billion passenger without one single fatality, then you can talk about Japan, I also highly doubt that CRH will ever reach even close to the punctuality of the Shinkansen.

Regarding the west (except for north america), on a per capita basis, china still has some 25-30 years more of railway constructions (at current pace) to catch up.
Ditto. It's easy to lose perspective and wax poetical about the chinese railway development. But comparisons with Japan and the West should make one sober again.
Ariel74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 02:36 AM   #726
gramercy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 799

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD2 View Post
lol... nice...

true.. but not at the same speed and scale.. that you need to admit.
france has a 300 km long section capable of running at 360 kph, and when they introduce the AGV they will do that
they are also building ALL of their new infrastructure to 360 kph, thats hundreds of kilomteres in a country of 60-- million people

and for the record, they started 3 decades ago

and finally, when the little section from Figueres to Nimes is completed, you will have a ~2000 km long section from Seville to Paris, and 2300 km to London

and the jackass who talked down the west should also note that the goddamn video was probably shot from a VELARO
gramercy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 04:37 AM   #727
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 6894

Quote:
I am getting a bit tired of this China is the next power yadda yadda. We will see and if so, than good on China. Let's hope the people of China don't suffer too much in this race of becoming whatever the oligarchs decide it should be. I know that I can never be free in China the way it is now, never even go on facebook or question what other ways might be good for my country. Nice trains, nice blinking stuff etc but in the end, if you can not travel freely, if you don't have the money to go anywhere, if you are not Han...what is it all worth?

Please, let's keep 'China' out of threads on Chinese High Speed Rail and let's not refer to our fellow human beings using physical traits. It is so not nice and has nothing to do with trains.

I am just awed by the speed and extent of China's current rail construction and just love those over-the-top stations. It is all almost thunderbirds-esque. However, I see many small villages next to the high speed tracks with houses close to the line, but did'nt see many sound barriers on drive-through videos. What are the plans when it comes to protecting people living next to the lines from noise polution?
lol, "suffer?" I smell a little jealousy here, considering that China has faster high speed rail than all European countries
BarbaricManchurian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 04:39 AM   #728
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel74 View Post
Ditto. It's easy to lose perspective and wax poetical about the chinese railway development. But comparisons with Japan and the West should make one sober again.
Faster (and soon-to-be, more extensive) high speed rail than all other countries...
Old December 3rd, 2009, 10:56 AM   #729
Knuddel Knutsch

Likes (Received): 286

Quote:
and the jackass who talked down the west should also note that the goddamn video was probably shot from a VELARO
jep...I know...and do you know who has the core technolgoy of the velaro now? thanks to a tech transfer deal that was signed between siemens and the chinese? Not the US--for sure....
Old December 3rd, 2009, 02:01 PM   #730
city_thing
Put it in your mouth

Likes (Received): 883

Quote:
**** you

w/ love from spain
and france
and italy
Don't you just love this Chinese ultra-nationalism that won't allow for criticism at all?
Old December 3rd, 2009, 02:10 PM   #731
city_thing
Put it in your mouth

Likes (Received): 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaricManchurian View Post
big for a developing country taken over by imperialists...
LOL. Idiot.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 04:31 PM   #732
HunanChina

Likes (Received): 5

Somebody's knowledge about China that is suspending at last century, and have no any knowledge about Chinese people.

Sorry, My English is poor.
HunanChina no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 04:44 PM   #733
HunanChina

Some new photo about New Changsha Railway Station(CRH)

Yes, Changsha City is my hometown, Welcome to Changsha!

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old December 3rd, 2009, 04:50 PM   #734
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

if you can't say anything but ad homenin attacks without actually refuting my point, i suggest you shut up since you aren't engaging in a productive discussion
Old December 3rd, 2009, 04:54 PM   #735
HunanChina

Quote:
Originally Posted by makita09 View Post
Thanks for the updates HenanChina.

My ID is HunanChina, not HenanChina.

Hunan is a province of China, and Henan is another.

Changsha is the capital of Hunan province.

Zhengzhou is the capital of Henan province.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 04:56 PM   #736
snow is red
Vicky Pollard lol

Likes (Received): 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_thing View Post
Don't you just love this Chinese ultra-nationalism that won't allow for criticism at all?
lol gramercy is not even Chinese and his insult was directed at knuddle because knuddle was insulting Europe.

Please read before you type anything. You already sound very moronic the last time when you said anything with magnetic levitation is copy of German technology, and you still have not answered my question concerning Japanese maglev.
snow is red no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 04:57 PM   #737
maldini

Likes (Received): 75

Quote:

That is why China's economy will keep on growing at fast pace for a few more decades, while Western Europe and North America are in debt and economic recession.
maldini no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 05:09 PM   #738
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow is red View Post
lol gramercy is not even Chinese and his insult was directed at knuddle because knuddle was insulting Europe.

Please read before you type anything. You already sound very moronic the last time when you said anything with magnetic levitation is copy of German technology, and you still have not answered my question concerning Japanese maglev.
yeah seriously, what a retard
Old December 3rd, 2009, 05:14 PM   #739
HunanChina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo1435 View Post
[cough]English Please[/cough]

And if Japan is part of the West (maybe only politically, but that is not really important IMHO) is a bit too off topic for this thread.

And China is now in the lucky position that it can develop a High Speed Rail network in this time of economic growth, when Europe and the USA had the same kind of economic change trains where just invented. If Africa develops in 50 years time they will have the newest and best transport system that is available at that moment in time and China will be stuck with it's old steel on steel running trains that only go 350 km/h.

OMG! Your logic is so funny.

Don't tell me that you think China will be at a standstill.

Are not you know the technology of CRH 380km/h is under developing?

And do you know something like "Maglev".

Shanghai-Hangzhou Maglev(450km/h+) will start to construct soon.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 05:19 PM   #740
gincan
Gincan

Likes (Received): 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD2 View Post
2nd part.

You're wrong to make that comparasion. Lengh of track is one thing, but passanger carried should be measured also taking into account traffic.

A 100km line with 4 tracks parrllel which are travelled by fully loaded 16 car trains travelling at 200km/h with 5 minute headways will carry more passangers than 300km of single tracks that takes on a 70% loaded 8 car train once every half hour.

To make your arugment even less accurate. You're comparing track length per capita. That's retarded because a densely populated country will never surpass a sparsely populated one. Infact, to use your comparasion, Canada will be the best railroad nation in the world and nobody will ever beable to catch up with it. At least not at current population rate of growth.

as for part one.. I guess we'll see.
You don't seem to understand that I'm talking about investments, not about track length, the number of passengers or density of the traffic. I'm talking about the railway investments per capita, in western europe the investments have been in the range of around 100 euros per inhabitnat per year for decades.

For china with a population of 1,35 billion, that means 135 billion euros every year for several decades.
gincan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
china, high speed rail