daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old March 12th, 2014, 09:07 AM   #7621
kunming tiger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: kunming
Posts: 7,029
Likes (Received): 1665

Any dates on the next round of HSR line openings?
kunming tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2014, 12:50 PM   #7622
flankerjun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Shenyang/Wuhan
Posts: 461
Likes (Received): 1230

Today a US diplomat said that high speed train is one of the reasons that he likes working in China,in 2012,it took 4 hours from Wuhan to Zhengzhou,BUT it is less than 2 hours today.
pictures from weibo of US consulate in Wuhan.

__________________

big-dog, Pansori liked this post
flankerjun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2014, 04:09 PM   #7623
chornedsnorkack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,979
Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by flankerjun View Post
Today a US diplomat said that high speed train is one of the reasons that he likes working in China,in 2012,it took 4 hours from Wuhan to Zhengzhou,BUT it is less than 2 hours today.
Indeed. Some times:
Wuhan-Changsha 1:18 on 6 different G trains; fastest slow train is T15 at 3:12
Wuhan-Guangzhou 3:39 on 2 different G trains; fastest slow train is T15 at 10:21
Wuhan-Shenzhen 4:13 on G79; fastest slow train is Z23 at 12:13
Wuhan-Guilin 5:16 on G529; fastest slow train is T5 at 9:22
Wuhan-Nanchang 2:42 on 2 different D trains; fastest slow train is T127 at 3:32
Wuhan-Hefei 2:11 on G578; fastest slow train is Z124 at 3:08
Wuhan-Nanjing 3:17 on G578; fastest slow train is Z124 at 4:33
Wuhan-Shanghai 4:59 on G578; fastest slow train is Z124 at 7:07
Wuhan-Hangzhou 5:08 on G588; fastest slow train is Z45 at 8:26
Wuhan-Jinan 5:18 on G258; fastest slow train is T180 at 10:51
Wuhan-Zhengzhou 1:45 on 3 different G trains; fastest slow train is T58 at 4:17
Wuhan-Shijiazhuang 3:09 on 2 different G trains; fastest slow train is T58 at 7:40
Wuhan-Beijing 4:19 on G66; fastest slow train is Z4 at 9:48
Wuhan-Taiyuan 5:31 on G622; fastest slow train is K904 at 20:58
Wuhan-Xian 4:00 on G96; fastest slow train is T264 at 11:08
Wuhan-Yichang 1:54 on G587 and 4 different D trains; fastest slow train is Z3 at 2:13

BUT
Wuhan-Chongqing no high speed service - fastest train T57 takes 8:15

Are there any plans to improve matters?
__________________

hhzz liked this post
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2014, 04:32 PM   #7624
flankerjun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Shenyang/Wuhan
Posts: 461
Likes (Received): 1230

Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
Indeed. Some times:
Wuhan-Changsha 1:18 on 6 different G trains; fastest slow train is T15 at 3:12
Wuhan-Guangzhou 3:39 on 2 different G trains; fastest slow train is T15 at 10:21
Wuhan-Shenzhen 4:13 on G79; fastest slow train is Z23 at 12:13
Wuhan-Guilin 5:16 on G529; fastest slow train is T5 at 9:22
Wuhan-Nanchang 2:42 on 2 different D trains; fastest slow train is T127 at 3:32
Wuhan-Hefei 2:11 on G578; fastest slow train is Z124 at 3:08
Wuhan-Nanjing 3:17 on G578; fastest slow train is Z124 at 4:33
Wuhan-Shanghai 4:59 on G578; fastest slow train is Z124 at 7:07
Wuhan-Hangzhou 5:08 on G588; fastest slow train is Z45 at 8:26
Wuhan-Jinan 5:18 on G258; fastest slow train is T180 at 10:51
Wuhan-Zhengzhou 1:45 on 3 different G trains; fastest slow train is T58 at 4:17
Wuhan-Shijiazhuang 3:09 on 2 different G trains; fastest slow train is T58 at 7:40
Wuhan-Beijing 4:19 on G66; fastest slow train is Z4 at 9:48
Wuhan-Taiyuan 5:31 on G622; fastest slow train is K904 at 20:58
Wuhan-Xian 4:00 on G96; fastest slow train is T264 at 11:08
Wuhan-Yichang 1:54 on G587 and 4 different D trains; fastest slow train is Z3 at 2:13

BUT
Wuhan-Chongqing no high speed service - fastest train T57 takes 8:15

Are there any plans to improve matters?
There are no direct line from Wuhan to Chongqing,so the newly built Wuhan-Chongqing line is a 200KM/H line with freight and passenger.Because there are some problem existing in some tunnels,and the maintance is under construction,There will be D trains this summer.
flankerjun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2014, 04:36 PM   #7625
hhzz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Guilin
Posts: 428
Likes (Received): 1274

High speed railway has made China become a "small" country,and it's not far away any more between cities and cities.
__________________

FM 2258 liked this post
hhzz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2014, 07:06 PM   #7626
hhzz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Guilin
Posts: 428
Likes (Received): 1274

Lanzhou-Urumqi HSR,March 2014

Qilianshan tunnel 2,the World's highest high-speed railway tunnel,3600~4300m above sea level.
1.

2.

From Chinanews.com
hhzz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2014, 07:13 PM   #7627
FM 2258
Registered User
 
FM 2258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Austin
Posts: 5,438
Likes (Received): 612



I love that they went ahead with this very ambitious high speed rail line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhzz View Post
High speed railway has made China become a "small" country,and it's not far away any more between cities and cities.
Could the same be said for air travel before HSR in China? Is HSR much cheaper than flying in China?
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2014, 08:12 PM   #7628
flankerjun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Shenyang/Wuhan
Posts: 461
Likes (Received): 1230

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post


I love that they went ahead with this very ambitious high speed rail line.



Could the same be said for air travel before HSR in China? Is HSR much cheaper than flying in China?
air travel is not so common in China,and most airports in China are located in capital cities.so for most Chinese,shuttle bus,train or car are the most common vehicles.for the distance no more than 1000km, high speed train has an absolutely advantage over other vehicles.like travel between Shanghai and Nanjing or Hangzhou,Beijing to Shenyang,Tianjin or Shijiszhuang and so on.High speed train makes those bus or air company have a quite hard time.

来自我的 HTC One 上的 Tapatalk
__________________

FM 2258 liked this post
flankerjun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2014, 08:22 PM   #7629
Pansori
planquadrat
 
Pansori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: London - Vilnius
Posts: 9,973
Likes (Received): 6911

Quote:
Originally Posted by flankerjun View Post
air travel is not so common in China,and most airports in China are located in capital cities.so for most Chinese,shuttle bus,train or car are the most common vehicles.for the distance no more than 1000km, high speed train has an absolutely advantage over other vehicles.like travel between Shanghai and Nanjing or Hangzhou,Beijing to Shenyang,Tianjin or Shijiszhuang and so on.High speed train makes those bus or air company have a quite hard time.

来自我的 HTC One 上的 Tapatalk
I am currently planning a HS rail trip around China (Shenzhen-Shanghai-Beijing-Guangzhou) in order to have an extensive first-hand experience of the system including fast (300+ km/h) and slower (200+ km/h) lines. I have previously traveled on D and G trains on some short inter-city distances. I did some research on schedules, speeds, stations, fares and types of trains and even before I even did it is simply mind-boggling how much land travel in China has been transformed over the past few years (even one year ago I could have not done such a trip...). It's without any doubt the biggest passenger transport revolution that has ever happened anywhere. Travel in China is becoming easy peasy including for foreigners who speak no Chinese or have no extensive knowledge of the country or transport system. What has been happening towards this goal over the past few years is absolutely remarkable.
Pansori está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2014, 08:22 PM   #7630
flankerjun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Shenyang/Wuhan
Posts: 461
Likes (Received): 1230

High speed train in China is cheaper than bus and air.and a another reason is that Chinese people have very great confidence in China railway for the safety.in 2013,China railway has transported 2 billion people with 1 died,when people travel two province,especially neighbour provinced,high speed train is always the first choice.

来自我的 HTC One 上的 Tapatalk
__________________

FM 2258, Johson liked this post

Last edited by flankerjun; March 13th, 2014 at 03:44 AM.
flankerjun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2014, 08:43 PM   #7631
flankerjun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Shenyang/Wuhan
Posts: 461
Likes (Received): 1230

recently i find a report in the 1990s that MOR found that short distance line had a significant decline in passenger transport,they had no idea how to solve the problem,but today i think they have find the way,it is the high speed train.But i think raising the speed to 250 and 350,cancel some stop would be more convenient,like the wuhan guangzhou line in 2009,with a average speed above 320km/h

来自我的 HTC One 上的 Tapatalk
__________________

FM 2258, Johson liked this post
flankerjun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2014, 08:45 PM   #7632
chornedsnorkack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,979
Likes (Received): 388

Does anyone know why Guilin Station is impassable, and when any high speed trains shall get through Guilin?
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2014, 09:02 PM   #7633
Colorica
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10
Likes (Received): 1

Colorica no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2014, 04:07 AM   #7634
big-dog
Registered User
 
big-dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,080
Likes (Received): 6840

Datong-Xi'an HSR scheduled to open by the end of June

Datong-Xi'an HSR: 859km, top speed 250kmph

Quote:
Originally Posted by flankerjun View Post
Datong to Xian line also begin.....
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2014, 04:53 AM   #7635
hhzz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Guilin
Posts: 428
Likes (Received): 1274

Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
Does anyone know why Guilin Station is impassable, and when any high speed trains shall get through Guilin?
Guilin station is not impassable.Some constructions between Nanning station and Nanning East station have not finished yet,so the CRH380A cannot reach Nanning station.There will be high Speed Trains start From Nanning run on Beijing-Guangzhou HSR via Guilin station in this August.

Last edited by hhzz; March 13th, 2014 at 05:01 AM.
hhzz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2014, 05:40 AM   #7636
FM 2258
Registered User
 
FM 2258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Austin
Posts: 5,438
Likes (Received): 612



Where will the train branch off of the Beijing-Guangzhou High Speed Railway to Nanning?
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2014, 06:01 AM   #7637
hhzz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Guilin
Posts: 428
Likes (Received): 1274

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post


Where will the train branch off of the Beijing-Guangzhou High Speed Railway to Nanning?
Hengyang East station in Hunan Province.
hhzz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2014, 07:39 AM   #7638
kunming tiger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: kunming
Posts: 7,029
Likes (Received): 1665

The new railway station of Kunming will be put into service by 2016
Kunming's new railway station is located under Longtan Mountain(龙潭山) of Chenggong District, at a distance about 7 kilometers away from Dianchi Lake and around 28 kilometers away from the present Kunming Railway Station.
Its construction was started from November last year, and is estimated to be completed along with the construction of the being-built Yunnan-Guilin Railway by the year of 2016.
The new railway station will be an integrated transport hub gathering railways, metro lines, buses and taxis together. According to Liu, the new railway station will connect with several newly constructed railways, including Yunnan-Guilin High-speed Railway, Shanghai-Kunming High-speed Railway and Kunming-Yuxi Railway, etc. It will also connect with urban Kunming by Metro Line 1, 4 and 9.
After its constuction, all passengers can take inter-city trains and bullet trains there. By then, the new railway station is estimated to receive 4,693 passengers within a year, with 303 pairs of trains and 128,000 passengers passing by per day.
Construction of Yuxi-Mengzi Railway and the mprovement project of Kunming Railway Station will be completed in the year.
Yunnan has 13 railway projects under construction now, which has been invested with 1.509 billion yuan this year so far. The total investment is aimed to be 30 billion yuan in 2014.
According to Liu, Yuxi-Mengzi Railway will be put into service within the year, connecting the present Kunming-Yuxi Railway and Mengzi-Hekou Raiway. At that time, residents can go to Hekou by trains.
Yunnan will see its first bullet train in 2016
Shanghai-Kunming high-speed railway, with a length of 2,066 kilometers, is the first and the only high-speed railway in Yunnan.
The railway passes 6 provincial capitals, namely Kunming, Guiyang, Changsha, Nanchang, Hangzhou and Shanghai.
Its construction was started from September of 2010, and is estimated to be finished in 2016. By then, it will only take 8 hours for passengers to travel through the Kunming-Shanghai railway, which will save 27 hours for passengers to take the present Shanghai-Kunming railway.
kunming tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2014, 09:16 AM   #7639
RockAss
Registered User
 
RockAss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: London, Nanning, Chengdu
Posts: 1,290
Likes (Received): 2561

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhzz View Post
Guilin station is not impassable.Some constructions between Nanning station and Nanning East station have not finished yet,so the CRH380A cannot reach Nanning station.There will be high Speed Trains start From Nanning run on Beijing-Guangzhou HSR via Guilin station in this August.
So CRH2A Guilin to Nanning and Beihai can pass Nanning East but CRH380A cannot?
RockAss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2014, 10:54 AM   #7640
hhzz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Guilin
Posts: 428
Likes (Received): 1274

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockAss View Post
So CRH2A Guilin to Nanning and Beihai can pass Nanning East but CRH380A cannot?
That's right.
hhzz no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
china, high speed rail

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium