daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 23rd, 2014, 10:43 AM   #7801
flankerjun

Likes (Received): 1230

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post

This thread is worthless with out the pictures!!! Thanks so much. Those bridge segments must be extremely heavy. These bridges are uniform but aesthetically pleasing, I like the subtle curves in their design.

I never knew there was going to be a Beijing-Fuzhou high speed rail line, is this part of that 4+4 plan? It seems like there are many more high speed rail lines than originally planned or maybe I'm just not familiar with the final HSR network plan.
those segments weigh 819-tons,really heavy.so-called 4+4 plan is referring to the main lines,they link megecities,most are capital cities,besides those lines,there are still losts other HSR,but most of those line are mainly 250KM/H line,Hefei to Fuzhou line is a 300km/h with the standard of 350KM/H(7000m turn curve,819-tons girders).

Silly_Walks liked this post
flankerjun no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2014, 10:50 AM   #7802
flankerjun

Quote:
Originally Posted by flankerjun View Post
this one is the real situation of China,smoggy air,lots of construction,remarkable infrastructure,and thirsty for enegy,the complex wires in the backgroud stands for the industry boom in China.
Old March 23rd, 2014, 02:50 PM   #7803
xinxingren

Likes (Received): 72

Quote:
this one is the real situation of China,smoggy air,lots of construction,remarkable infrastructure,and thirsty for enegy,the complex wires in the backgroud stands for the industry boom in China.
Thirsty for energy, but what for? Who commutes by bicycle anymore? Burn rice, not coal. I'm too tired just now to do the arithmetic, but how many electric scooter charges would it take to drive a CRH3 1km?
xinxingren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2014, 04:55 PM   #7804
chornedsnorkack

Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinxingren View Post
Thirsty for energy, but what for? Who commutes by bicycle anymore? Burn rice, not coal. I'm too tired just now to do the arithmetic, but how many electric scooter charges would it take to drive a CRH3 1km?
1) Scooter´s rubber wheels on asphalt have much bigger rolling friction than steel wheels on steel rails
2) The scooter and human body are not aerodynamically shaped. They generate much more air resistance than the long nose of CRH.
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2014, 04:58 PM   #7805
flankerjun

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinxingren View Post
I mean,for industry,you may misunderstand
Old March 23rd, 2014, 05:02 PM   #7806
flankerjun

Guiyang to Guangzhou

Old March 23rd, 2014, 09:07 PM   #7807
Restless

Likes (Received): 271

Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
No, 1323 seats. Shinkansen has unreserved seat cars as well, so what is the statistics of standing passengers?
I don't care about the exact figures.

I'm doing a rough comparison to demonstrate that Japan crams approximately 30% more people on an equivalent sized CRH train.

Jeez
Restless no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2014, 04:03 AM   #7808
China Hand

Likes (Received): 161

So much rail coming online this year and next. Updates this summer will be frequent.
China Hand no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2014, 10:51 AM   #7809
Silver Swordsman

Likes (Received): 101

That moment when China opens so many HSR lines at once that rail enthusiasts can barely keep track...

China Hand liked this post
Silver Swordsman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2014, 03:42 PM   #7810
flankerjun

A video from Cockpit view,in the test train on Datong-Xian line,Can anyone help me to insert it to this thread?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FhKO0lH3fw

Silver Swordsman, China Hand liked this post
Old March 24th, 2014, 03:43 PM   #7811
flankerjun

two high speed train racing between Nanjing and Shanghai
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/J...eId=0_06_02_99

Silver Swordsman liked this post

Last edited by flankerjun; March 24th, 2014 at 03:53 PM.
Old March 24th, 2014, 05:03 PM   #7812
China Hand

Likes (Received): 161

Wow. Read this press release from today regarding Sha'anxi rail construction budgets:

24 billion is 1/4 of what was spent on the 859kms of the Datong-Xian PDL. It's possible much or all of this could be HSR.

The speeds of these lines are unknown and may be 'regular rail'. Still, there is so much planned and funded:

-Xi'an to Tongchuan intercity rail
TongChuan is north of Xian ~60kms to 70kms.

-Intercity rail from Xian, southwest to Ankang and Dazhou. 180kms to Ankang, 400kms if all the way to Dazhou. This is close to ChongQing and appears that the previously canceled direct ChongQing to Xian line may have been given new life and funds!

-HuangLing to HanCheng, an EW line to HanCheng near the famous falls at the Yellow River. ~70kms. HuangLing is on the D train line from Xian Bei to YanAn.

-the province also plans to start Xi'an , Yinchuan railway. ~525kms.
YinChuan is the capital of NingXia. This is a line from Xian to NingXia!

-Junger to Shenmu is between Datong and Ordos south of HohHot. ~130kms.
ShenMu is to the SW going towards YuLin
huaxia.com/zjsx/xwsc/2014/03/3805755.html

西安到大同高铁年内开通 目前已进入联调联试阶段
2014-03-24 10:26:13
华夏经纬网

原标题:陕西今年铁路投资240亿 西安到大同高铁年内开通

记者从陕西省发改委了解到,今年陕西省将继续加大交通基础设施建设方面的投入力度,全年建设铁路项目15个,计划完成铁路建设投资约240亿元,其中西安到成都客运专线年度投资将达到100亿元,主要用于路基和桥梁隧道等方面的施工。

西安火车站改扩建、西安到铜川城际铁路等4个铁路项目将力争在今年正式开工建设,准格尔到神木铁路将在年内建成投用,黄陵到韩城铁路也将完成主体工程施工,此外,我省还计划启动西安到银川铁路、安康到张家界铁路的前期工作。

作为陕西省东北方向的高速大通道,西安到山西大同客运专线计划于今年开通运行,目前西安到太原区间已经进入联调联试阶段,这一专线开通后西安到太原的行车时间将由现在的12个小时左右缩短到3小时以内。(陕西广播电视台《新闻联播》)

来源: 西部网 转自:新华网

======================================================================

English machine translation:

Xi'an high- speed railway to Datong year the FBI has entered the test phase
2014-03-24 10:26:13
Huaxia Jingwei Website

Original title : railway investment 24 billion this year, Shaanxi Xi'an high- speed railway to Datong year

Reporters learned from the Shaanxi Provincial Development and Reform Commission , Shaanxi Province, this year will continue to increase investment in transportation infrastructure construction , railway construction projects throughout the year 15 , plans to complete the railway construction investment of about 24 billion yuan , of which Chengdu, Xi'an Passenger Dedicated to the annual investment will reach 10 billion yuan , mainly for the construction of roadbed and bridges and tunnels and so on.

Xi'an Railway Station expansion , Xi'an to Tongchuan intercity rail and other four railway project will strive to start construction this year, officially , Junger to Shenmu railway will be put into use during the year, huangling to Seoul will also complete the main railway construction in addition , the province also plans to start Xi'an , Yinchuan railway , preliminary work to Zhangjiajie Ankang railway .

As the speed of Shaanxi Province northeast major thoroughfare , Xi'an Passenger Dedicated to Datong, Shanxi plans to put into operation this year , the current range of Xi'an to Taiyuan, the FBI has entered the test phase, the line opened Hou Xian to Taiyuan journey time from the current 12 hours reduced to less than about 3 hours . ( Shaanxi Broadcast Television " News Network" )

Source : Western Network Transfer : Xinhua

Last edited by China Hand; March 26th, 2014 at 03:58 AM.
China Hand no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2014, 04:55 PM   #7813
INGBN

Likes (Received): 1

Hi folks,
I am having a project about the HSR in China, and I am looking for (official) statistics for the ridership, distance of both conventional and HSR tracks and passenger-kilometers of the Chinese railway for each year. I tried looking up on the ministry of transport website (using google translate though), to no avail.

Does anybody here know where to find some or all of the above figures? Or other official statistics like financial performance, environmental benefits, operational efficiency compared to conventional trains? I would deeply appreciate any help.
INGBN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2014, 01:36 PM   #7814
flankerjun

Quote:
Originally Posted by INGBN View Post
Hi folks,
I am having a project about the HSR in China, and I am looking for (official) statistics for the ridership, distance of both conventional and HSR tracks and passenger-kilometers of the Chinese railway for each year. I tried looking up on the ministry of transport website (using google translate though), to no avail.

Does anybody here know where to find some or all of the above figures? Or other official statistics like financial performance, environmental benefits, operational efficiency compared to conventional trains? I would deeply appreciate any help.
I am afraid that there is no official statistics,but NYT said that the number of last year is twice as the US aviation.

INGBN liked this post
Old March 27th, 2014, 01:39 PM   #7815
flankerjun

Pictures updates,Nanjing maintaince basement

FM 2258, Arnorian, big-dog, hhzz, foxmulder and 1 others liked this post
Old March 27th, 2014, 02:03 PM   #7816
flankerjun

Old March 27th, 2014, 04:17 PM   #7817
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

Amazing picture updates!!!

Quote:
A video from Cockpit view,in the test train on Datong-Xian line,Can anyone help me to insert it to this thread?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FhKO0lH3fw
Any idea what the driver's hand signals are for?
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2014, 04:28 PM   #7818
flankerjun

Quote:

Amazing picture updates!!!

there are many actions when the driver drive the train,in this video it stands for "confirm the signal",if you can understand Chinese,this video is an interview from CCTV in this Spring Festival,a driver of Nanjing-Shanghai HSR.
http://news.cntv.cn/2014/01/22/VIDE1...66682910.shtml

FM 2258 liked this post
Old March 27th, 2014, 04:42 PM   #7819
Silly_Walks

Likes (Received): 836

Quote:

If I am not mistaken:

Train drivers do the same thing in Taiwan. It is based on Japanese security precautions, and the idea is that if a driver has to acknowledge signals in this way, there is less risk of the driver missing/ignoring a signal.

FM 2258 liked this post
Silly_Walks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2014, 05:31 PM   #7820
flankerjun

Lanzhou-Xinjing line this part is almost a straight line

Silly_Walks, big-dog, Johson, FM 2258, Munwon and 5 others liked this post

Tags
china, high speed rail