daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 6th, 2009, 11:14 AM   #781
octopusop
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunanChina View Post
"Bombardier in German", are you sure? I think it in Canada.
Bombardier Transportation is the world largest railway car mfr., it's a pure German company, Canada have no HSR tech.
octopusop no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 6th, 2009, 12:33 PM   #782
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 63128

Bombardier is a Canadian company that bought itself into the European train manufacturing market. And it's not just German, their biggest acquisition was the German/Swedish/Swiss company Adtranz.

The CHR1A & B for example was designed in Sweden and based on the "Regina" fast regional trains that are being operated by several Swedish train operators.

And Alstom unreliable? Only when they let the Italians construct them, the TGVs are speeding trough France without any big problems for almost 30 years now.
Momo1435 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2009, 12:54 PM   #783
Restless

Likes (Received): 271

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopusop View Post
CRH5 was designed by Fiat Ferroviaria (now Alstom Ferroviaria).
Yes, but why then do Alstom continue to sell shoddy trains? The Finnish railway authorities complained that the Pendolinos were unreliable and could not cope with winter conditions, and I've heard reports that the Chinese Ministry of Railways experience the same issues
Restless no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2009, 01:01 PM   #784
LUCAFUSAR

Likes (Received): 231

Quote:
CRH5 was designed by Fiat Ferroviaria (now Alstom Ferroviaria).
FIAT Ferroviaria is Alstom Ferroviaria since 2000. So CRH5 is a french train, full stop. Pendolinos by FIAT Ferroviaria were way better than the today's Pendolinos.
LUCAFUSAR está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2009, 01:09 PM   #785
LUCAFUSAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Yes, but why then do Alstom continue to sell shoddy trains? The Finnish railway authorities complained that the Pendolinos were unreliable and could not cope with winter conditions, and I've heard reports that the Chinese Ministry of Railways experience the same issues
I don't know. But they are uncapable to solve the problems of their products. Here in Italy the ETR600/610 entered service with 2 years of delay.
Old December 6th, 2009, 01:16 PM   #786
LUCAFUSAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo1435 View Post
And Alstom unreliable? Only when they let the Italians construct them, the TGVs are speeding trough France without any big problems for almost 30 years now.
Truth hurts.

I report only dry facts.

The Pendolinos (FIAT) are on rails since 1976, so way before TGV, MOSTLY ON NORMAL TRACKS and they had only two accidents. Sure they have break/downs like TGVs and ICEs. Selling FIAT Ferroviaria to Alstom was a big mistake.

Now you can continue with your poor propaganda.

Last edited by LUCAFUSAR; December 6th, 2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old December 6th, 2009, 01:18 PM   #787
HunanChina

Likes (Received): 5

Could I post pictures continue?

Next Station is Qingyuan Railway Station(CRH) in Guangdong province.
HunanChina no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2009, 01:19 PM   #788
HunanChina

I post to next page.
Old December 6th, 2009, 01:30 PM   #789
HunanChina

Qingyuan Railway Station(CRH) 清远站

Qingyuan Railway Station(CRH) 清远站

It's a small railway station on the Wuhan-Guangzhou CRH that with 2 platforms 4 lines.

a express way and Wuhan-Guangzhou CRH
image hosted on flickr

express way
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

CRH logo
image hosted on flickr

LED display
image hosted on flickr

Glass wall
image hosted on flickr

Entrance
image hosted on flickr

Square
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Last edited by HunanChina; December 6th, 2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old December 6th, 2009, 01:42 PM   #790
LUCAFUSAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunanChina View Post
Could I post pictures continue?

Next Station is Qingyuan Railway Station(CRH) in Guangdong province.
Yes you can, Hunan. Nice pics. Sorry for the OT.
Old December 6th, 2009, 01:51 PM   #791
HunanChina

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCAFUSAR View Post
Yes you can, Hunan. Nice pics. Sorry for the OT.

My English is poor, so I can not to participate your topic. I just post picture. HaHaHa.

Beijing is at night in this moment. I am going to watching TV. hahaha. ByeBye.
Old December 7th, 2009, 12:30 AM   #792
Slartibartfas

Likes (Received): 5972

Most of these designs look stunning, they look however as if they were in quite remote locations with pretty much nothing around. I honestly know nothing about them, but I guess they will be connected decently by large capacity public means of transport (metro or equivalent). Judging from their size, they should be served by several lines actually, or railway lines in their own right that connect it with the city centre.

I think they miss a real opportunity if they should not develop the surrounding of the railway stations densely and with mixed use developments. The land around these stations should be far too valuable as to waste it for large scale surface parking.

Principally it would be a pity if they should be as remote as Airports use to be, at least in Europe one of the big advantages rail has over aviation is that closeness of the stations to the city centres.

All these things aside, I have to congratulate China however nonetheless for its great investments into a very important pillar of mobility. It would be terribly urneasonably to put everything on the car traffic card and ignore rail. Especially China with its many very densely populated areas has a huge potential for rail service and could impossibly cope with the enormous wave of car traffic (but also clogged skies from aviation) were there no reasonable alternatives.
Old December 7th, 2009, 07:36 AM   #793
superchan7
EOS 40D

Likes (Received): 23

Wow, Qingyuan of Guangdong Province! I've been there, it's a dusty boomtown.
Old December 7th, 2009, 07:00 PM   #794
foxmulder

Likes (Received): 382

Great pictures, thanks
foxmulder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2009, 07:07 PM   #795
foxmulder

Likes (Received): 382

They all look nice. Shenzhen North is best tough

By the way do not feed trolls just post more pictures. That is the best answer
foxmulder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2009, 07:51 PM   #796
Hidden Dragon

Likes (Received): 812

Quote:
China is shameless in domestic propagating.
All of CRH tek were buying from Japan and German (Italy kicked off), MoR claimed that wholly autonomation intellectual property.

Did you see a dirty govt. before?

Chinese govt dare to lose face in dirty shame.
Technology is also a commodity just like a train itself and can be bought with money. If China paid for the technology, then Chinese can say the technology is theirs. What's wrong with that? Further if China integrate technology from different sources and improve it then China has more reason to say so.
Hidden Dragon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2009, 08:01 PM   #797
UD2
A very cool person

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Without money from China, Zefiro will be running in 2015 or late.

Daydreaming idiot are you.

Back to the hospital, my pool stupid.
so you agree with me that China isn't paying for the R&D but rather, the product that Bombardier had designed and built?

chill and grow up... my last post on this topic...
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed" - President Eisenhower
UD2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2009, 08:21 PM   #798
UD2
A very cool person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slartibartfas View Post
Most of these designs look stunning, they look however as if they were in quite remote locations with pretty much nothing around. I honestly know nothing about them, but I guess they will be connected decently by large capacity public means of transport (metro or equivalent). Judging from their size, they should be served by several lines actually, or railway lines in their own right that connect it with the city centre.

I think they miss a real opportunity if they should not develop the surrounding of the railway stations densely and with mixed use developments. The land around these stations should be far too valuable as to waste it for large scale surface parking.

Principally it would be a pity if they should be as remote as Airports use to be, at least in Europe one of the big advantages rail has over aviation is that closeness of the stations to the city centres.

All these things aside, I have to congratulate China however nonetheless for its great investments into a very important pillar of mobility. It would be terribly urneasonably to put everything on the car traffic card and ignore rail. Especially China with its many very densely populated areas has a huge potential for rail service and could impossibly cope with the enormous wave of car traffic (but also clogged skies from aviation) were there no reasonable alternatives.

The cities that are served by these stations mostly (if not all) already do have existing railway lines served by existing railroad stations that are mostly (if not all) located very close in proximity to the activity centers of the existing metropolitian areas.

One of the challanges in building the express railroad lines were to judge the way to build completely new, very structuraly and visually intrusive, elevated railroad lines into very urban areas while circumventing existing railroads and infrastructure. This is why, in many cases, these stations will be located along the outskirts of the towns and cities (mainly cities) away from the existing activity centers.

The plan is, however, to work with city planning to develop areas around the newly built station and create a newer set of activity centers as the city out grow it's current boundries. This will not only curtail cost of development, because developing on new land avoids the cost of demoliation of old buildings, but it'll also help to avoid over inflation in property values because developing new areas generate supply.
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed" - President Eisenhower
Old December 7th, 2009, 10:10 PM   #799
Slartibartfas

Likes (Received): 5972

I see, but how are these periphery railway stations connected to the centres? By metro, feeder railway lines, other options? Or are the concepts varying broadly from city to city?
Old December 8th, 2009, 12:01 AM   #800
UD2
A very cool person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slartibartfas View Post
I see, but how are these periphery railway stations connected to the centres? By metro, feeder railway lines, other options? Or are the concepts varying broadly from city to city?
It depends on the city and its unique situation.

I know one city for example where they plan to build a freeway to link the station to the city center because the HSR is actually built in a county that's 70kms away from the existing city center. This is also one of the examples of which a completely new activity area will most likely be planned around the new station.

When they built these HSR lines, they also think about the geological conditions of the route and the time that the train will spend serving a city. The city mentioned above I believe was surrounded by geographical barriers that would've costed considerable amount of time and money for the train to stop any closer to the existing city center, not only to construct the line but also during operation. This could be another reason why many of the stations seem to be built in the middle of no where.

Last edited by UD2; December 8th, 2009 at 12:06 AM.

Tags
china, high speed rail