daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 27th, 2014, 12:52 PM   #8541
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusiluz View Post
A question:
If the maximum speed allowed on trains is 300 km / h, why are photos of the display to 305/307 km / h ?.
Delays ?
They routinely go at 306-307, sometimes 310km/h even if no delays. We were discussing that previously and someone mentioned that the actual 'hard limit' is 315km/h. Not sure why it's officially 300km/h. Perhaps because it's a round number.
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2014, 01:54 PM   #8542
itfcfan

Likes (Received): 12

I maintain this map to keep track of Chinese HSR route development - I thought I'd share it. I know there are many other maps, but using an interactive map allows data (such as year of opening and design speed) to be stored against each line.
http://goo.gl/RnxEWp

Gusiluz liked this post
itfcfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2014, 04:25 PM   #8543
flankerjun

Likes (Received): 1230

Quote:
Originally Posted by itfcfan View Post
I maintain this map to keep track of Chinese HSR route development - I thought I'd share it. I know there are many other maps, but using an interactive map allows data (such as year of opening and design speed) to be stored against each line.
http://goo.gl/RnxEWp
I would say that there are too manny wrong lines
flankerjun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2014, 04:38 PM   #8544
itfcfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flankerjun View Post
I would say that there are too manny wrong lines
I'm happy for people to point out the errors. Lines open that aren't open yet? Lines classified as HSR that aren't HSR? Missing lines?

The base of the map is the main long lines (Beijing - Shanghai, Beijing - Guangzhou, Harbin - Dalian, Ningbo - Shenzhen). The other lines are based on reports (I've tried to use more than Wikipedia, but in some places I've relied on Wikipedia for routing / design speed).

I've taken any line with a design speed of 200kph or above as my definition of a HSR line.

I've left off some lines which are duplicated by others (e.g. Beijing - Tianjin, Shanghai - Nanjing, etc). I've also left off some of the upgraded lines around Chengdu/Chongqing which are due to be superseded by the direct link in construction.
Old September 27th, 2014, 04:48 PM   #8545
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

Likes (Received): 10886

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pansori View Post
They routinely go at 306-307, sometimes 310km/h even if no delays. We were discussing that previously and someone mentioned that the actual 'hard limit' is 315km/h. Not sure why it's officially 300km/h. Perhaps because it's a round number.
Thanks for the information !. On internet I can not find much on the 315 km / h.

In April 2011, when the policy was changed speeds, in all media spoke of 300 km / h.

Puts Brakes on High-Speed Trains April 15, 2011
China slows down showcase bullet trains April 17, 2011
World's longest high-speed train to decelerate a bit April 15, 2011
Gusiluz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2014, 04:57 PM   #8546
flankerjun

Quote:
I'm happy for people to point out the errors. Lines open that aren't open yet? Lines classified as HSR that aren't HSR? Missing lines?

The base of the map is the main long lines (Beijing - Shanghai, Beijing - Guangzhou, Harbin - Dalian, Ningbo - Shenzhen). The other lines are based on reports (I've tried to use more than Wikipedia, but in some places I've relied on Wikipedia for routing / design speed).

I've taken any line with a design speed of 200kph or above as my definition of a HSR line.

I've left off some lines which are duplicated by others (e.g. Beijing - Tianjin, Shanghai - Nanjing, etc). I've also left off some of the upgraded lines around Chengdu/Chongqing which are due to be superseded by the direct link in construction.
missing lots of lines.for example,in northest of China,Beijing-Shenyang,Shenyang-Dandong,Dandong-Dalian,Harbin-Qiqihaer,Habin-Mudanjing,Harbin-Jiamusi are in construction,if you conclud lines that planned,well,there are tooooooo many lines.
Old September 27th, 2014, 05:40 PM   #8547
itfcfan

Quote:
missing lots of lines.for example,in northest of China,Beijing-Shenyang,Shenyang-Dandong,Dandong-Dalian,Harbin-Qiqihaer,Habin-Mudanjing,Harbin-Jiamusi are in construction,if you conclud lines that planned,well,there are tooooooo many lines.
I've got Beijing - Chengde - Shenyang down as planned, but I've seen different reports as to whether construction has started. So many things are in planned (and it's difficult to determine which are concrete and which are more speculative) so I'm not including most of them, unless they're very close to construction.

I've tried to make sure I've got all lines in later stages of construction (i.e. due to open by the end of this year) - for other lines it's sometimes harder to determine the route the line is taking. I don't know the geography of northern / north-east China so well. I've travelled more in eastern & southern China.

Thanks for listing those lines - I'll try to find the routes/dates and add them.
Old September 27th, 2014, 06:06 PM   #8548
flankerjun

Quote:
I've got Beijing - Chengde - Shenyang down as planned, but I've seen different reports as to whether construction has started. So many things are in planned (and it's difficult to determine which are concrete and which are more speculative) so I'm not including most of them, unless they're very close to construction.

I've tried to make sure I've got all lines in later stages of construction (i.e. due to open by the end of this year) - for other lines it's sometimes harder to determine the route the line is taking. I don't know the geography of northern / north-east China so well. I've travelled more in eastern & southern China.

Thanks for listing those lines - I'll try to find the routes/dates and add them.
you can find the construction pictures of BJ-SY,i post them several days ago.and Harbin Qiqihaer will open this year,and Shenyang-Dangdong,Dangdong-Dalian are also nearly complete,and will open in 2015.
Quote:

Old September 27th, 2014, 06:26 PM   #8549
chornedsnorkack

Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
and Harbin Qiqihaer will open this year
Is it know in which month?
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2014, 10:27 PM   #8550
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusiluz View Post
Thanks for the information !. On internet I can not find much on the 315 km / h.

In April 2011, when the policy was changed speeds, in all media spoke of 300 km / h.

Puts Brakes on High-Speed Trains April 15, 2011
China slows down showcase bullet trains April 17, 2011
World's longest high-speed train to decelerate a bit April 15, 2011
Even before the speed reduction it actually wasn't 350km/h. Trains routinely went 355km/h or even faster. I think they usually leave a 'buffer' between declared maximum speed and the actual hard limit which can be achieved without setting off emergency alarms.
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2014, 12:11 AM   #8551
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

Likes (Received): 10886

On trains then, except CRH380A briefly, clearly put 350 km/h.

A greeting and thanks
Gusiluz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2014, 07:22 AM   #8552
flankerjun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
Is it know in which month?
Official statement is that test begin on 20 Otc,and open end of Dec,but i think around the Chinese New Year is more realistic
Old September 28th, 2014, 09:46 AM   #8553
chornedsnorkack

Quote:
Official statement is that test begin on 20 Otc,and open end of Dec,but i think around the Chinese New Year is more realistic
Meaning that various high speed railways are due to open in December 2014:
  1. Lanzhou-Hami
  2. Hangzhou-Nanchang
  3. Harbin-Qiqihar, sometime in end
  4. Guangzhou-Wuzhou, on 30th
  5. Guangzhou-Guiyang, on 30th
Which other high speed railways shall open in December 2014, and on which specific days?

Also, Hami-Urumqi high speed railway shall open in October 2014. That month comes in three days. On which specific day of October 2014 shall Hami-Urumqi high speed railway open for scheduled service?
Old September 28th, 2014, 01:11 PM   #8554
China Hand

Likes (Received): 161

Quote:
Yeah it is getting out of control in a good way. Future plans appear to include running ""X"' lines between NS and EW lines in many areas, connecting most major cities in a variety of ways. Xian-Chongqing, Xian-Wuhan, Chongqing-Zhengzhou, and so on.
China Hand no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2014, 07:19 PM   #8555
GZ-zhang

Likes (Received): 58

Quote:
Chengdu-Daye and Chengdu-Pengzhou high speed railways also run D trains. Wuhan-Xianning, Wuhan-Huangshi, Wuhan-Huanggang and Shanghai-Jinshanwei high speed railways run C trains. What is different about Chengdu high speed railway that it has D not C trains, and shall C trains be introduced on Guangzhou-Zhuhai high speed railway?
I have no idea about the intercity rail systems in Sichuan or Hubei, sorry.

As for the Guangzhou-Zhuhai line, eventually the trains may not be either D or C because they will not be operated by a national rail bureau, but by the PRD intercity rail company. A new ticketing system will be implemented, separate to national rail, with a high level of automated fare collection (IC cards), and the system will be operated more like a metro.

There will be two types of train service on the line - express and commuter. Express trains will travel at 200 km/h, stopping only at Guangzhou South, Zhongshan and Zhuhai. The journey time will be shorter than it is currently, passengers will be assigned a specific train/seat and the fares will be fairly high. This service will be comparable to national HSR.

Commuter trains will be frequent, travel at 160 km/h, stop at all stations like a metro and passengers will not be allocated a specific train/seat. Most passengers will use IC card to pay the fare and transfers will be possible between lines without buying separate tickets. The fare will be lower than the express train, even for exactly the same journey. All PRD intercity rail lines will have commuter service, but not all will have express service.

This will be a totally new system of operation for China and these high-specification local lines are the next generation in commuter rail.

Here is the route map for PRD intercity rail (phase 1) 2020:

PS: if a moderator can help me fix this map to its normal size, it would be much appreciated, thanks!

:jax:, kunming tiger, big-dog liked this post

Last edited by GZ-zhang; September 29th, 2014 at 07:28 PM.
GZ-zhang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2014, 08:22 PM   #8556
chornedsnorkack

Is Guangfojiangzhu line the one that is not yet under construction?
Old September 29th, 2014, 08:54 PM   #8557
GZ-zhang

Quote:
Is Guangfojiangzhu line the one that is not yet under construction?
Yes, that line is the only one that has not yet commenced construction in some form. However, the western section of Guangfo circle line between Foshan West and Guangzhou North has also not yet commenced construction. Nor have the inner sections of lines to Guangzhou and Guangzhou East which are actually upgrades of existing lines and will be completed as part of the station expansion projects.

chornedsnorkack liked this post
Old September 29th, 2014, 09:01 PM   #8558
chornedsnorkack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZ-zhang View Post
Nor have the inner sections of lines to Guangzhou and Guangzhou East which are actually upgrades of existing lines and will be completed as part of the station expansion projects.
How many tracks now exist between Guangzhou East and Xintang, and how many will exist after upgrade?
Old September 29th, 2014, 09:09 PM   #8559
GZ-zhang

Quote:
How many tracks now exist between Guangzhou East and Xintang, and how many will exist after upgrade?
Four tracks now (two fast, two slow) and still four after the upgrade of the two slow tracks. However, a new freight line will be constructed from Guangshen Railway (before Xintang) to Jingguang Railway north of Guangzhou to divert a lot of freight trains away. Plus speed will be increased and signals upgraded to allow intercity EMU trains to share tracks with regular passenger trains on this section.

chornedsnorkack liked this post
Old September 29th, 2014, 09:17 PM   #8560
augst6

Likes (Received): 11

Is the Guangzhou-Hangzhou PDL a thing yet?
I'm really suprised that there is no existing plan of connecting the two most populous metropolis in China. Considering Pearl River Delta which inhabits more than 100 million people, connecting it with Shanghai seems more demanded than Beijing and Shanghai. Or alternatively, would it be feasible if a shortcut line is made to connect Guangzhou to Shanghai via the existing Hangzhou-Changsha line? Maybe meeting at Nanchang? I can see that 4-5 hr commute between the two metropolis feasible and very attractive to business, competitive to aviation industry too.
Any thoughts?
augst6 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
china, high speed rail