daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 28th, 2014, 04:30 AM   #8681
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6911

Quote:
Originally Posted by flankerjun View Post
the coast line has lots of tunnels,and most of the train is crh1,the crh1 is very terrible when go through tunnels,and for comfort it is far behind crh380 series.the route i recomind to you will open in Dec,and the crh380 will much better.
I got my 1st class ticket for Thursday. We'll see how it goes. I'll try to take some photos and videos along the 1600km route
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 28th, 2014, 05:12 AM   #8682
foxmulder

Likes (Received): 382

As always, great updates flankerjun.

By the way, does your name anything to do with Su-27?
foxmulder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2014, 05:30 AM   #8683
flankerjun

Likes (Received): 1230

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmulder View Post
As always, great updates flankerjun.

By the way, does your name anything to do with Su-27?
yep,actually i am a fan of planes more than trains,but military planes,su27 is my favourate.once i want to regist with flanker but it is unvalid,so i put my name with it,and this is where flankerjun came from

FM 2258, foxmulder liked this post
flankerjun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2014, 02:10 PM   #8684
ddes

Likes (Received): 935

Hey, seeking advise here. I'm planning to do Yichang to Chongqing or Chengdu on the high speed rail. Will I be able to get a ticket if I buy it upfront at the counter? Thanks!
ddes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2014, 05:20 PM   #8685
GZ-zhang

Likes (Received): 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by :jax: View Post
It's a very nice map, and I see the national CRH high-speed stations, but it is still not so clear how they, the intercity rail, and the (often intercity) metro lines in the area integrate.
This Google map gives a geographically accurate picture of all the phase 1 PRD intercity rail lines and national HSR lines in Guangdong as planned for 2020. You can zoom in to particular areas of interest and switch between map and aerial picture to get an idea of the level of urbanisation or terrain, and to see how the current stations/construction look like. Click on a line/station to identify it.

http://goo.gl/maps/qIZr2

The red lines/placemarks are PRD intercity lines/stations and the blue lines/placemarks are national HSR lines. Interchange stations between national HSR lines and PRD intercity lines are yellow and major hubs are green.

:jax:, chornedsnorkack, Grunnen liked this post
GZ-zhang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2014, 07:06 PM   #8686
chornedsnorkack

Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZ-zhang View Post
This Google map gives a geographically accurate picture of all the phase 1 PRD intercity rail lines and national HSR lines in Guangdong as planned for 2020. You can zoom in to particular areas of interest and switch between map and aerial picture to get an idea of the level of urbanisation or terrain, and to see how the current stations/construction look like.
Note that national slow speed railway lines are missing.
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2014, 03:31 AM   #8687
孟天宝

Likes (Received): 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddes View Post
Hey, seeking advise here. I'm planning to do Yichang to Chongqing or Chengdu on the high speed rail. Will I be able to get a ticket if I buy it upfront at the counter? Thanks!
There's 14 trains that go from Yichang East (Dong) to Chongqing North (Bei); of those 9 continue onwards to Chengdu East.

I just checked 12306.cn, all have 1st and 2nd class seats available for today. I've often seen people buying tickets for same day, but best to go early.

I've been caught out in the past, once I have to take the last train out of Chongqing. You don't want to be caught at either station past even 10pm as the metro will be shutting down and you'll need to take a taxi into town.
孟天宝 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2014, 06:04 PM   #8688
Pansori
planquadrat

I didn't know that D trains go at 250km/h between Ningbo and Shanghai via Hangzhou. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the speed shown on the info display today on my way from Shenzhen to Shanghai (D2282). Are there any other routes where D trains go above 200km/h?
Old October 31st, 2014, 08:02 AM   #8689
:jax:

Likes (Received): 540

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZ-zhang View Post
This Google map gives a geographically accurate picture of all the phase 1 PRD intercity rail lines and national HSR lines in Guangdong as planned for 2020. You can zoom in to particular areas of interest and switch between map and aerial picture to get an idea of the level of urbanisation or terrain, and to see how the current stations/construction look like. Click on a line/station to identify it.

http://goo.gl/maps/qIZr2

The red lines/placemarks are PRD intercity lines/stations and the blue lines/placemarks are national HSR lines. Interchange stations between national HSR lines and PRD intercity lines are yellow and major hubs are green.
That must have been a lot of work, but very useful. Thank you. I made some maps myself, and have thoughts on how to make them more useful, Presenting maps and geographical information — tips and best practices. I have also used Google Maps a lot (among other things you can export it to KML), it has a number of advantages and shortcomings.
:jax: no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2014, 07:23 AM   #8690
:jax:

Likes (Received): 540

Sigh. This is likely last time taking high-speed train from Beijing. Made major mistake of calculating two hours instead of three to get to the station, so I missed the train.

But with three hours lead time plus five hours to Shanghai I cannot justify taking train instead of plane. Even with more security theatre, the lead time to the plane is shorter. Even with delays travel time is much shorter. Trains are more comfortable, but five hours of comfort doesn't make up for three hours of discomfort.
:jax: no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2014, 07:23 AM   #8691
foxmulder

Likes (Received): 382

Quote:
Originally Posted by flankerjun View Post
yep,actually i am a fan of planes more than trains,but military planes,su27 is my favourate.once i want to regist with flanker but it is unvalid,so i put my name with it,and this is where flankerjun came from
Su-27 and its derivatives are my favorite fighters, too. They are work of art even aesthetically.

Sorry for the off topic....
foxmulder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2014, 10:38 AM   #8692
Sunfuns

Likes (Received): 361

Quote:
Sigh. This is likely last time taking high-speed train from Beijing. Made major mistake of calculating two hours instead of three to get to the station, so I missed the train.

But with three hours lead time plus five hours to Shanghai I cannot justify taking train instead of plane. Even with more security theatre, the lead time to the plane is shorter. Even with delays travel time is much shorter. Trains are more comfortable, but five hours of comfort doesn't make up for three hours of discomfort.
How long it would have taken to get to the airport from your particular spot in the city? Probably few hours as well unless you just happened to be close to the airport, but very far from HSR station.

Still this particular route has never been fully competitive with flying by time alone.
Sunfuns no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2014, 12:08 PM   #8693
augst6

Likes (Received): 11

Will it be so when 350km/h is restored? I'm also interested in if there is any space for possible future speed improvement? Considering the tokkaido shinkansen, the Japanese are very farsighted :p
augst6 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2014, 12:27 PM   #8694
BoomBoomPoow
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

With an average speed of 313 km / h Chinese Highspeed Rail is the fastest of the world.
BoomBoomPoow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2014, 01:14 PM   #8695
China Hand

Likes (Received): 161

Quote:

Consider moving to a Tier 3 or lesser city that is within 50kms of a PDL station.
China Hand no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2014, 01:31 PM   #8696
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

Likes (Received): 10886

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBoomPoow View Post
With an average speed of 313 km / h Chinese Highspeed Rail is the fastest of the world.
Where is this average speed????
Gusiluz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2014, 01:40 PM   #8697
flankerjun

Likes (Received): 1230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusiluz View Post
Where is this average speed????
average speed in 2009,not today
flankerjun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2014, 05:54 PM   #8698
Pansori
planquadrat

Quote:

3 hours? Where did you travel from and to which station? Is BJ really that bad when it comes to commute? And what was the problem exactly?

To my own surprise when I was on D2282 from SZ to SH many passengers in the 1st class compartment actually went the entire trip which takes 12 hours. Now those are people who proably could afford a flight too. Most bought extra meals too instead of only eating drinking their stuff which is an indication that they were not after cheap.

I think some are underestimating the competitiveness of trains vs flights even if it takes longer. The comfort and hassle free experience really makes a big difference. To some at least.

Btw, I'm taking the SH-BJ train tomorrow and I'll see if my experience will be anything like yours.
Old November 1st, 2014, 06:53 PM   #8699
chornedsnorkack

Likes (Received): 388

Which station did you get to in Shenzhen - Futian, Guanmingchen, Pingshan or Longhua?
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2014, 07:00 PM   #8700
Pansori
planquadrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
Which station did you get to in Shenzhen - Futian, Guanmingchen, Pingshan or Longhua?
Shenzhen North. This is where D2282 service bound for Nanjing via Shanghai originates. Is Futian station open already?

Tags
china, high speed rail