daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 12th, 2014, 06:49 PM   #8721
Silly_Walks

Likes (Received): 836

Considering they changed the route several times to appease protesters: what was the originally intended route for the Beijing-Shenyang line through Beijing and its outskirts?
Silly_Walks no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2014, 06:56 PM   #8722
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6911

I have a couple of raw unedited videos from my last week's trip on G79 from Beijing to Guangzhou

Departing Zhengzhou East

Near Zhengzhou

I will edit and upload all my videos and photos some time later but for now all I can say is that the experience of traveling 5000km on the CRH G and D trains (Shenzhen-Beijing-Shanghai-Guangzhou) was amazing. I was really impressed with the service and, of course, the trains and stations. Simply amazing.
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2014, 03:16 PM   #8723
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
No. Just Urumqi to Hami,
When will they open the rest of new line?
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2014, 04:28 PM   #8724
flankerjun

Likes (Received): 1230

this map show the original plan,the Purple line atually the best,this line do not pass through the area of the protester,but the several county of Beijing they all wanted this line,in China,the local goverment take any measures to get a HSR line to go through,even Bribe,in this battle,the purple line lose,and the red line win.
then,Beijing needs to build a new station,called Xinghuo railway station,but this line do not connected to other HSR line in Beijing,so the train from Northeast of China can not go to the area in the south,so they plan to updates an old line between Xinghuo station and Beijing railway station,but this line go through lots of apartment area,this is the reason why they protest,and the final solution is the connecting line cancelled,and Xinghuo station is the destination.

Silly_Walks, :jax: liked this post
flankerjun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2014, 04:37 PM   #8725
flankerjun

Silly_Walks, :jax:, geometarkv liked this post
Old November 13th, 2014, 05:11 PM   #8726
chornedsnorkack

Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by flankerjun View Post
then,Beijing needs to build a new station,called Xinghuo railway station,but this line do not connected to other HSR line in Beijing,so the train from Northeast of China can not go to the area in the south,so they plan to updates an old line between Xinghuo station and Beijing railway station,but this line go through lots of apartment area,this is the reason why they protest,and the final solution is the connecting line cancelled,and Xinghuo station is the destination.
Meaning the worst solution of all - no connection. Worse than going back to the purple line.
Counties desperately want the line. Are they getting stations, too?
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2014, 05:24 PM   #8727
flankerjun

Quote:
Meaning the worst solution of all - no connection. Worse than going back to the purple line.
Counties desperately want the line. Are they getting stations, too?
Xinghuo,Huairou,Miyun,Shunyi,4 stations in Beijing.
Old November 13th, 2014, 05:39 PM   #8728
xeror

Likes (Received): 33

The purple proposal is obviously the best among all three. This final plan leaves the line not ending at one of the four major railway stations, which in turn impacts severely on the connectivity of this line to other high-speed rail lines.
xeror no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2014, 07:08 PM   #8729
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

Time for another underground corridor for connection!
Old November 13th, 2014, 07:16 PM   #8730
chornedsnorkack

Quote:
Xinghuo,Huairou,Miyun,Shunyi,4 stations in Beijing.
So 2 stations between Xinghuo and Shunyi.
Should additional stations be built on the high speed railway between Beijing South and Langfang?
Old November 14th, 2014, 03:29 AM   #8731
big-dog

Likes (Received): 6840

Quote:
so they plan to updates an old line between Xinghuo station and Beijing railway station,but this line go through lots of apartment area,this is the reason why they protest,and the final solution is the connecting line cancelled,and Xinghuo station is the destination.
Hope the Xinghuo-Beijing Station connection eventually gets built in the future.

Quote:
There will be metro connection. who knows it'll be good or bad, it may boost district economy around Xinghuo and lessen downtown traffic in a sense.
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2014, 11:38 AM   #8732
chornedsnorkack

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-dog View Post
There will be metro connection. who knows it'll be good or bad,
But it does not connect railways.
Manchuria to Shanghai and Shandong goes through Tianjin. But Manchuria to Guangzhou or Xian or Taiyuan? How is the current state of progress of Tianjin-Baoding high speed railway?
Old November 15th, 2014, 03:17 PM   #8733
:jax:

Likes (Received): 540

Since I've moved to Tongzhou I would be biased, but yes I concur with the rest of you, the purple line would be vastly better, more needed and more popular.

As is there are now a good number of poorly connected terminal stations that are neither where people live nor where they work.

If I get the rumours right the Zhangjiakou HSR line will end in Beijing North and Tangshan HSR may have its terminus in Tongzhou (if that is true, better not depart/arrive in the rush hour). If so, that would mean miserable disconnectivity in the capital.

The re-routed Shenyang line missed not just the CBD/center, but also the chance of having a Shanghai Hongqiao-like airport/railway connection (though admittedly that would probably have been a whole lot more expensive than the current line).
:jax: no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2014, 06:02 PM   #8734
:jax:

Likes (Received): 540

HSR-metro(-metro)-HSR is not a very convenient way of transfer, especially with luggage. A direct transfer would be be better. That notwithstanding, this is my non-complete list of HSR stations in Beijing province and metro connections, around 2020:

Beijing South HSR: 7 and 14
Beijing West HSR: 7 and 9
Beijing station (not HSR): 2
Beijing North (not currently HSR): In walking distance from Xizhimen (2, 4, 13)
Xinghuo HSR: Supposed to link up with 3, presumably Pingfang station; 20?
Fengtai may become HSR station, unclear for what line. Is on the 10 line
Shunyi HSR: Maybe 17 and/or Northern line
Huairou, Miyun HSR: Unknown
Yizhuang HSR: Not opened/not opening? Connects with Yizhuang and 21.
Tongzhou: Currently unconnected, an HSR station further east might be connected with 21

Source/acknowledgement: I/we have made a Google metro map over Beijing 2020-ish. It has been improved by anonymous/unknown contributor(s), Google Mapsengine isn't ideal for collaborative projects so I don't know who else have helped, thanks anyway. If you can improve it further, please do.

It is largely the same as the below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-dog View Post
Beijing metro map by the end of 2014

[Big map]

map made by punch, ditiezu.com

Last edited by :jax:; November 15th, 2014 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Big Beijing metro map was too big, added Yizhuang
:jax: no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2014, 10:32 AM   #8735
hhzz

Likes (Received): 1274

Lanzhou-Urumqi HSR,November 16th 2014

The first high speed rail in Xinjiang(Urumqi-Hami)officially open today in Northwest China.The rest part (Lanzhou-Hami) will open next month.

----------
xinhuanet
Old November 16th, 2014, 09:38 PM   #8736
JuaanAcosta
Juan Acosta

Likes (Received): 475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pansori View Post
I have a couple of raw unedited videos from my last week's trip on G79 from Beijing to Guangzhou

Departing Zhengzhou East

Near Zhengzhou

I will edit and upload all my videos and photos some time later but for now all I can say is that the experience of traveling 5000km on the CRH G and D trains (Shenzhen-Beijing-Shanghai-Guangzhou) was amazing. I was really impressed with the service and, of course, the trains and stations. Simply amazing.
China looks so science fiction
JuaanAcosta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2014, 11:09 PM   #8737
Pansori
planquadrat

I've already asked this in another thread about Lanzhou-Urumqi line. What services and speeds will the line provide once fully opened? Will it have G services and will they go at 300km/h or is this going to be a 200-250km/h line? The information that has been circulating so far is contradictory.
Old November 17th, 2014, 03:24 AM   #8738
flankerjun

Quote:
I've already asked this in another thread about Lanzhou-Urumqi line. What services and speeds will the line provide once fully opened? Will it have G services and will they go at 300km/h or is this going to be a 200-250km/h line? The information that has been circulating so far is contradictory.
design for 350km/h,but adjusted to 200~250km/h,no G service.

Pansori liked this post
Old November 17th, 2014, 03:41 AM   #8739
Pansori
planquadrat

Quote:
design for 350km/h,but adjusted to 200~250km/h,no G service.
That's a bit disappointing. I did have suspicions that it would not run at 300km/h based on somewhat inconclusive information that was available since at least a few years back. Now to make it completely clear what is the maximum speed that commercial services will run on it? Is it 200km/h or 250km/h?

I wonder if there are any plans or at least mentions of 300km/h speeds in the future in the Chinese language news media?
Old November 17th, 2014, 03:44 AM   #8740
flankerjun

Quote:
That's a bit disappointing. I did have suspicions that it would not run at 300km/h based on somewhat inconclusive information that was available since at least a few years back.

I wonder if there are any plans or at least mentions of a 300km/h speeds in the future in the Chinese language news media?
it will run 300km/h in the future,after all this line has a curve of 7000m,but that will be in the long long …future.

Tags
china, high speed rail