daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 27th, 2009, 02:16 AM   #901
Hopobcn

Likes (Received): 14

In this line is used or will use ERTMS level 2?
The trains go faster than 300km/h only on tests or in commercial service?
Hopobcn no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 27th, 2009, 04:26 AM   #902
SimFox

Likes (Received): 513

average (!) speed on this line is about 310km/h and top is almost 390km/h. And yes these are normal commercial operation speeds.
SimFox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 05:32 AM   #903
urbanfan89

Likes (Received): 67

The fastest trains run non-stop between Guangzhou North (actually located in Huadu, faraway from the central city) and Wuhan at an average of 313 km/h. But only two trains per day actually perform this route, and most other trains run at slower speeds.
urbanfan89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 06:32 AM   #904
yaohua2000

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanfan89 View Post
The fastest trains run non-stop between Guangzhou North (actually located in Huadu, faraway from the central city) and Wuhan at an average of 313 km/h. But only two trains per day actually perform this route, and most other trains run at slower speeds.
And two other trains have to stop at Changsha South for 15 minutes to allow the non-stop train passing. The average speed of these two poor train is only 231 km/h.
yaohua2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 06:34 AM   #905
yaohua2000

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimFox View Post

average (!) speed on this line is about 310km/h and top is almost 390km/h. And yes these are normal commercial operation speeds.
Top speed 350 km/h (someone saw 353 km/h yesterday)

But rumor says after several days, it will slow down to 330 km/h, just like what they did on Beijing-Tianjin. That's why all the trains arrive 10 minutes early these days.
yaohua2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 02:44 PM   #906
Papagei

Likes (Received): 0

How is the official name of that train model?

It seems to be a chinese mix of foreign trains.

Which train did the record run at nearly 390 km/h? Is it shinkansen based or Velaro (Siemens) based?

Congratulations China to the new station and track! Looks great and the quality seems to be perfect!
In terms of traintechnology I donīt think that there is something special about that run. China is just pushing foreign technology to its limits. I didnīt hear of new inventions in those trains. Thank God german and japanese engineers developed trains having some buffer in maximum speed before breaking down. Using this safety buffer for prestige is not what should be celebrated. It is very good that china recognised the importance of high speed rail but why the hell do you have to show us what our trains are capable of when pushed to their limits? This is just endangering lives of your people. An conventional Velaro also did 400 km/h in Spain several years ago. There is nothing special about pushing a train to its limit. China, you donīt need to compromise safety to show the world that you can built high quality high speed tracks.
Papagei no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 03:26 PM   #907
Ariel74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papagei View Post
How is the official name of that train model?

It seems to be a chinese mix of foreign trains.

Which train did the record run at nearly 390 km/h? Is it shinkansen based or Velaro (Siemens) based?

Congratulations China to the new station and track! Looks great and the quality seems to be perfect!
In terms of traintechnology I donīt think that there is something special about that run. China is just pushing foreign technology to its limits. I didnīt hear of new inventions in those trains. Thank God german and japanese engineers developed trains having some buffer in maximum speed before breaking down. Using this safety buffer for prestige is not what should be celebrated. It is very good that china recognised the importance of high speed rail but why the hell do you have to show us what our trains are capable of when pushed to their limits? This is just endangering lives of your people. An conventional Velaro also did 400 km/h in Spain several years ago. There is nothing special about pushing a train to its limit. China, you donīt need to compromise safety to show the world that you can built high quality high speed tracks.

How is it compromising safety when they did the 394Km/h test before starting commercial runs at the speed of 350km/h? Germans do that too: they require +10% extra speed in test. So I don't see any safety limit is being pushed here.

One of the reasons the CHR3 runs faster is because they put 16 cars together to achieve more power. They need to do that because there are a lot more people to transport than in Europe. There are also numerous small tweaks here and there. That the Europeans did not make these tweaks to make their commercial trains go faster probably has to do with their geographical conditions. But it certainly does not mean that the chinese were pushing "safety limits".

And I don't know where you got the idea that the chinese want to "show" the world anything. By tweaking technology learned from elsewhere, they can digest it better (just like when you learn _anything_, it's better to play with it rather than repeat it), and gather experience for further innovation. They are for example currently working on trains with commercial speed 380km/h. Presumably, without the Velaro technology they learned, it would have been impossible. But so what? they will end up producing faster trains cheaper, and trains that do not look like these first generation products. It not only benefits their local people and economy, it also enables them to take the products to other markets, and who knows, perhaps one day even to those where ICE-3 currently operate ;-) So better watch out and get ready rather than working too much on your forced sarcasm!

Last edited by Ariel74; December 27th, 2009 at 03:49 PM.
Ariel74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 04:14 PM   #908
KB

Likes (Received): 6845

China launches 'world's fastest train service'

China launches 'world's fastest train service'

The world's fastest express train link has officially started service in China, the Xinhua News Agency has said. The trains have an average speed of more than 380km/h and run between the southern city of Guangzhou and Wuhan in the centre of the country.

Watch Video

China has launched what it claims to be the world's fastest train that can travel more than 380 kilometres per hour. It embarked on its maiden 621 mile journey from the central city of Wuhan to the southern city of Guangzhou. Traveling at an average speed of 218 miles-an-hour, it can travel up to 245 miles-an-hour, cutting the journey time from the original 9 hours to about 3 hours, the state media said.

The Wuhan-Guangzhou railway is the fastest and longest high-speed railway in China, costing 100 billion yuan ($14.6 billion USA). It has taken four years of construction to complete it, China's official news agency Xinhua has said.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20091226/...n-41f21e0.html

Last edited by KB; December 27th, 2009 at 04:28 PM.
KB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 04:55 PM   #909
JogadorDeSimCity

Likes (Received): 20251

Congratulations China!

380 kilometres per hour is fast!
Old December 27th, 2009, 05:09 PM   #910
Tomb Raider
Adventurer

Likes (Received): 31

Way to go China !
Old December 27th, 2009, 05:20 PM   #911
goschio
proud Kuffar

Likes (Received): 4262

Well done. Hope I can see it with my own eyes one day.

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 05:44 PM   #912
makita09

Likes (Received): 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papagei View Post
Using this safety buffer for prestige is not what should be celebrated.
Every country counts its record speeds as those obtained during pre-revenue testing, either of new trains, of new track using existing trains, or trains using new/prototype technology. This is not China is doing something uniquely, and is really just following in tried and tested footsteps elsewhere.
makita09 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 05:49 PM   #913
KB

Likes (Received): 6845

I have been in the french TGVs many times and I love it...but 621miles long is just . And they are making building many more of those high speed lines.

I would love to go on this train some day.

Some pics..

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

More pics in this thread

Last edited by KB; December 27th, 2009 at 06:03 PM.
KB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 05:58 PM   #914
sarflonlad

Likes (Received): 68

Incredible!!
sarflonlad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 06:03 PM   #915
Tom_Green
Dr.Med. Tom Green

Likes (Received): 3505

Good for me

Next time i go to Hong Kong i could visit Wuhan, too.

Tom_Green no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 06:22 PM   #916
Darkthekiller

Likes (Received): 107

amazing !

Citiesoflights on Facebook OR Citiesoflights ! Enjoy life !
Darkthekiller no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 06:32 PM   #917
Mesch
أنا عايزة اعيش

Likes (Received): 885

China is really proving itself to the world..
Way to go Zhonghua !
Old December 27th, 2009, 06:43 PM   #918
Shahid

Likes (Received): 101

Amazing
Shahid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 06:50 PM   #919
Gzdvtz
Whatevah

i wonder how $$$ is return ticket is
Old December 27th, 2009, 07:01 PM   #920
Corporate.slave
Mister

Likes (Received): 2

Chinese people look so calm and civilized.

image hosted on flickr
hoo di hoo di yip hoo di yip hoo
Corporate.slave no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
china, high speed rail