daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old June 17th, 2015, 07:34 PM   #9541
xjtyou
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 35
Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren0312 View Post
Has anybody looked into the hyperloop? How will customers respond to 3 hours inside a sealed tube w/o windows.
You should ask this question in the thread of United states high speed railway
xjtyou no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2015, 06:25 AM   #9542
ren0312
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 186
Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjtyou View Post
You should ask this question in the thread of United states high speed railway
No I mean should the Chinese government look into using the hyperloop in China, perhaps sponsoring a test track for Musk?
ren0312 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2015, 12:33 PM   #9543
voyager221
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 278
Likes (Received): 778

Additional 286-kilometre stretch of high speed railway line added to CRH network









__________________
voyager221 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2015, 12:59 PM   #9544
chornedsnorkack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,980
Likes (Received): 388

How many stations are between Guiyang and Xinhuang?
Shall any trains terminate or originate in these stations and thus serve the railway section, but not Guiyang?
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2015, 03:21 PM   #9545
Silver Swordsman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 371
Likes (Received): 101

That last picture is so picturesque...

On another note, why does the CRH380A in the above pic have its headlights on? To my knowledge, China runs its trains on the left track, which means, unless the station at which the picture was taken is the terminus station and the train is about to reverse back (the thoroughfare lines are visible on the right), the train nose in question should be displaying the tail lights.

Someone please enlighten me.


EDIT: Checked the timetables above. The station at which the picture was taken is Guiyangbei, which is a terminus station.
__________________
My Virtual-Model Railroad: High Speed Rail in RCT3
Project Anniversary: Click Here

Equario liked this post
Silver Swordsman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2015, 03:27 PM   #9546
chornedsnorkack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,980
Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Swordsman View Post
EDIT: Checked the timetables above. The station at which the picture was taken is Guiyangbei, which is a terminus station.
How does Xinhuang-Guiyang high speed railway connect to Guiyang-Guangzhou high speed railway in Guiyang?
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2015, 06:35 AM   #9547
hkskyline
Hong Kong
 
hkskyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 86,962
Likes (Received): 18222

New railways get integration underway
China Daily Excerpt
2015-06-19

Construction of a high-speed railway connecting Beijing and nearby Tangshan, Hebei province, will start within the year, said Liu Bozheng, deputy director of the Beijing Development and Reform Commission, during a recent forum on Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei integration.

The railway is considered a key line of the "one-hour-trip zone" in and near Beijing. To support the integration process, authorities hope to build ample infrastructure to make it possible to travel in the region within one hour.

According to Wang Mengshu, an academic from the Chinese Academy of Engineering and an experienced railway engineer, several high-speed railways connect Beijing and Tianjin but none serve Hebei; the Beijing-Tangshan line will be the first.

As well as the Beijing-Tangshan line, the second environmental impact evaluation has started on another inter-city railway listed in the plan, the Beijing-Zhangjiakou line. If passed, construction could start on one part of it, at the Badaling Mountain area, within months.

In a guiding document on transportation facility development issued by the National Commission of Development and Reform on May 27, authorities vowed to build "a region on rails" and raised the plan of more intercity railways. Surveys are being done on the lines that link Beijing and Chengde and Hengshui, in Hebei province, and more train lines are expected.

"The first high-speed railway linking Beijing and Tianjin was designed for passengers only and hardly helps cargo transportation," said Wang.

"The new lines will serve both passengers and goods transportation, thus meeting both demands among the three regions."

A research report by China International Capital Corp Ltd shows that passenger and goods transportation facilities in the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei region are far from enough to meet the demand. The CICC report compares the region with the Yangtze River Delta and Pearl River Delta, two traditionally prosperous regions in China with relatively better infrastructure, and found there is still a gap.
__________________
Hong Kong Photo Gallery - Click Here for the Hong Kong Galleries

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2015, 03:30 AM   #9548
voyager221
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 278
Likes (Received): 778

Hefei South EMU Depot maintenance shed
Got to love the modern look of all these new facilities

By CREC王轩

















__________________
voyager221 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2015, 04:39 PM   #9549
hkskyline
Hong Kong
 
hkskyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 86,962
Likes (Received): 18222

Zhengzhou East









__________________
Hong Kong Photo Gallery - Click Here for the Hong Kong Galleries

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2015, 08:49 AM   #9550
luhai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 647
Likes (Received): 423

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren0312 View Post
No I mean should the Chinese government look into using the hyperloop in China, perhaps sponsoring a test track for Musk?
Unless Musk starts to share technology, no. Even if he's willing to share, he'll probably need to have some working models before China will chip in. Fancy drawing usually doesn't impress Chinese investors.
luhai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2015, 02:45 PM   #9551
hkskyline
Hong Kong
 
hkskyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 86,962
Likes (Received): 18222

High-speed rail keeps Guangxi growth on track
23 June 2015
China Daily Excerpt

A new service is providing the first express link between Beijing and a badly disadvantaged area. The service, primarily designed to aid the development of the Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region, has been successful so far, and there are now plans to extend its coverage, as Huo Yan and Xin Dingding report from Nanning.

A high-speed rail network that stretches almost 2,500 kilometers across a single country is not a common phenomenon.

In Japan, such a network would be impossible - the train would simply have to pull up at the island nation's Pacific coast - and in Europe, pan-continental high-speed railways have yet to take shape, although many European countries have built their own networks.

In September, a high-speed rail service opened between Beijing and Nanning, the capital of the Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region, a distance of 2,489 km. The line is now the longest in China, and makes Guangxi the first of the country's five autonomous regions to be linked to the capital by high-speed rail.

Guangxi, in South China, is home to 12 ethnic groups. The region borders Vietnam, and its long coastline with Southeast Asia means it's regarded as a major gateway to member countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations.

Despite those advantages, more than 30 years after the start of the reform and opening-up policy Guangdong province has become China's economic powerhouse, while Guangxi's GDP is worth just a fifth of that of its smaller neighbor.

Poor infrastructure

Many observers have blamed the disparity on the region's immature transport infrastructure, which was so poor that before December, there were no direct rail connections between Nanning and nearby Guangzhou, the capital of Guangdong. Every year as the Spring Festival holiday approached, the expressways would be clogged with hundreds of thousands of migrant workers riding motorbikes from their workplaces in Guangdong to their homes in Guangxi.

Now, things are changing and a high-speed railway network is being planned that would crisscross China's 9.63 million square kilometers of territory. An extended network of this type would enable passengers to zip between major cities such as Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou and other parts of the country within half a day.

The ambitious plan has already been realized in Guangxi, where more than 1,000 km of high-speed rail came into use in 2013. Now, the trip from Beijing to Nanning takes 13 hours and 30 minutes, cutting the journey time by half. Passengers can depart from North China in the morning, and arrive in South China in the evening.

The streamlined train departs Beijing West Railway Station at 7:30 am and initially uses the Beijing-Guangzhou high-speed line, reaching a top speed of 300 km/h. When the train reaches Hengyang in Hunan province, it slows to a maximum 200 km/h and switches track to the Hengyang-Liuzhou line. The last change in the journey comes when the train switches again, this time to the Liuzhou-Nanning high-speed line.
__________________
Hong Kong Photo Gallery - Click Here for the Hong Kong Galleries

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!

FM 2258, CP11, Federation2014 liked this post
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2015, 11:05 PM   #9552
FM 2258
Registered User
 
FM 2258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Austin
Posts: 5,438
Likes (Received): 612



No direct rail between Nanning and Guangzhou....they really got an awesome upgrade! Congratulations to Nanning.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2015, 11:42 AM   #9553
doc7austin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 380
Likes (Received): 813

There has been a classic non-electrified direct rail link between Guangzhou and Nanning via Maoming. Several K-trains travel on this route each day.
doc7austin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2015, 12:26 PM   #9554
chornedsnorkack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,980
Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7austin View Post
There has been a classic non-electrified direct rail link between Guangzhou and Nanning via Maoming. Several K-trains travel on this route each day.
Sure. It´s fairly indirect, though - 809 km via Maoming vs. 563 km via HSR.
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2015, 01:27 PM   #9555
:jax:
Registered User
 
:jax:'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Södertälje
Posts: 1,303
Likes (Received): 540

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
New railways get integration underway
China Daily Excerpt
2015-06-19

Construction of a high-speed railway connecting Beijing and nearby Tangshan, Hebei province, will start within the year, said Liu Bozheng, deputy director of the Beijing Development and Reform Commission, during a recent forum on Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei integration.

The railway is considered a key line of the "one-hour-trip zone" in and near Beijing. To support the integration process, authorities hope to build ample infrastructure to make it possible to travel in the region within one hour.

According to Wang Mengshu, an academic from the Chinese Academy of Engineering and an experienced railway engineer, several high-speed railways connect Beijing and Tianjin but none serve Hebei; the Beijing-Tangshan line will be the first.
There are several HSR lines going to/through Hebei, but my Guangdong envy is for the Pearl River Delta intercity network they are building, with a connected network integrated with other networks (metro, HSR).

As I have gotten the new line described, Liyuan (Tongzhou) - Xianghe (Langfang/Hebei)-Baodi (Tianjin)- ? - Tangshan (Hebei), it is not too auspicious.

Notice the Liyuan terminus. By the look of it the number of disconnected Beijing termini has just increased by one. The rule seems to be "new line, new disconnected station", connecting these stations into a Beijing network is not.

Getting to Beijing(-ish) is quick and easy. Getting from there to anywhere is a challenge.

Speaking of PRD intercity, does anyone have a full-size updated map? The one I've used has turned into a thumbnail.
:jax: no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2015, 06:45 PM   #9556
chornedsnorkack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,980
Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
High-speed rail keeps Guangxi growth on track
23 June 2015
China Daily Excerpt

A new service is providing the first express link between Beijing and a badly disadvantaged area. The service, primarily designed to aid the development of the Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region, has been successful so far, and there are now plans to extend its coverage, as Huo Yan and Xin Dingding report from Nanning.
Since the article has been cross-posted, I´ll cross-post my responses as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
A high-speed rail network that stretches almost 2,500 kilometers across a single country is not a common phenomenon.

In Japan, such a network would be impossible - the train would simply have to pull up at the island nation's Pacific coast
False.
Shinkansen is 2000 km from Kagoshima to Aomori.
It does pass under Pacific Ocean between Honshu and Kyushu.
When Hokkaido Shinkansen opens, it shall be almost 2500 km.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
In September, a high-speed rail service opened between Beijing and Nanning, the capital of the Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region, a distance of 2,489 km. The line is now the longest in China, and makes Guangxi the first of the country's five autonomous regions to be linked to the capital by high-speed rail.
Yes. Despite the proximity of Inner Mongolia to Beijing, there is no link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
Now, things are changing and a high-speed railway network is being planned that would crisscross China's 9.63 million square kilometers of territory. An extended network of this type would enable passengers to zip between major cities such as Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou and other parts of the country within half a day.
... that is 12 hours
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
The ambitious plan has already been realized in Guangxi, where more than 1,000 km of high-speed rail came into use in 2013. Now, the trip from Beijing to Nanning takes 13 hours and 30 minutes, cutting the journey time by half.
But not to half a day.
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2015, 09:46 PM   #9557
Sunfuns
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Basel
Posts: 2,426
Likes (Received): 361

I find it funny that the selling point of this new infrastructure is a train to Beijing even though it takes half a day anyway. This new line is probably quite important, but not for that trip. Would be much more useful to advertise how much faster and more conveniently one can now get to Guangzhou. Any idea how much is it? Google says a bit more than 6 h by car.
Sunfuns no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2015, 10:14 PM   #9558
chornedsnorkack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,980
Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfuns View Post
Would be much more useful to advertise how much faster and more conveniently one can now get to Guangzhou. Any idea how much is it?
Nanning East-Guangzhou South
1 daily express train, D202, nonstop 3:19
26 daily non-express trains, 3 (D3695) to 9 (D3635) intermediate stops, trip time 3:44 (D3695) to 4:17 (D3685)
price second class 169 yuan, first class 202 yuan 5 jiao, business class offered on 2 daily G trains at 506 yuan 5 jiao
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2015, 12:29 AM   #9559
Sunfuns
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Basel
Posts: 2,426
Likes (Received): 361

That's more like it. Still within a sweet zone for HSR an going to an important commercial centre in China.

Incidentally what's so special about that G train business class that it would cost more than twice as much a first class?
Sunfuns no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2015, 01:25 AM   #9560
voyager221
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 278
Likes (Received): 778

CRH380B doing trial run on Hefei-Fuzhou HSR according to the operational timetable

Hefei South station






Cab visit
Thers's five MMIs, four are shown in this picture, the one at the far left outside of the picture is ATP backup.
From left to right in the picture, braking system, ATP, doors(at station)/traction system(moving), CIR(Cab Integrated Radio communication system, via GSM-R)


First MMI from the left showing all 8 carriages are applying brakes,
Third MMI showing all the doors at left side are open


Left Hefei South station, hard accelerating, brake handle fully foward(no brake), throttle handle fully foward(full traction),
ASC(Automatic speed control) handle(next to throttle handle) should be at fully foward position as well(vmax-300km/h)
From ATP, speed restrictions between 200km/h and 250km/h next 8km


Passing Changlinghe station, hand gesture means "Caution while passing"


Temporary stop on Tongling Yangtze river bridge, no idea why
From ATP, the permitted speed on the bridge is 250km/h,
Traction MMI showing voltage of overhead cable(27500v), traction current(0A), traction from each traction unit(two units both at 0%)


Another big bridge over Yangtze river, four railway tracks, six(?) lanes highway


Passing another small station


Reaching 298km/h, signal given by track circuit is green5, meaning seven free blocks ahead, given each block is over 2km, that's 14km track ahead with no other trains.
speed profile diagram showing 300km/h constant speed ceiling next 4km


Arrived at Huangshan North


__________________

Last edited by voyager221; June 26th, 2015 at 01:39 AM.
voyager221 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
china, high speed rail

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium