daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 20th, 2015, 04:25 PM   #9881
Silly_Walks

Likes (Received): 836

Are those non-CRH trains on tracks built for CRH?
Silly_Walks no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 20th, 2015, 07:05 PM   #9882
Vertigo
Fan van de Neudeflat

Likes (Received): 130

Yes, I noticed that the night train I will take next month from Urumqi to Chongqing will use the high speed line on part of the route (where it is not parallel to a regular railway line). I understand the Chongqing - Wuhan high speed line is also shared with regular trains, probably also because there is no regular railway line on this connection.
Vertigo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2015, 11:05 PM   #9883
skyscraperhighrise

Likes (Received): 1084

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager221 View Post
Lanzhou-Xinjiang(Urumuqi) PDL by 铁路小亨

Just beautiful.

Democrips and rebloodlicans aka democrats and republicans, two wings of the same bird of prey

thankfully i'm a libertarian constitutionalist.

#standwithrand

R.I.P. QuantumX, you will never be forgotten.

Zaz965 liked this post
skyscraperhighrise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2015, 01:43 AM   #9884
doc7austin

Likes (Received): 813

Classical night trains are also using the new Nanning - Guilin high speed line, because the old line has only a single-track and is not electrified.
doc7austin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2015, 08:29 AM   #9885
chornedsnorkack

Likes (Received): 388

There are 17 daily D trains Harbin-Qiqihar. Of these, the fastest are 4 express trains, D6901 to D6907, 1 stop, trip time 1:25. The other 13 take 1:32 to 1:56, with 2 to 6 intermediate stops. Departures from Harbin from 6:13 to 18:45, arrival in Qiqihar South 8:03 to 20:28.
Ticket price second class 98 yuan, first class 117 yuan.
For comparison, slow trains take 3:01 to 5:23. Hard seat 38 yuan 5 jiao to 46 yuan 5 jiao, hard sleeper 92 yuan 5 jiao to 100 yuan 5 jiao, soft sleeper 136 yuan 5 jiao to 146 yuan 5 jiao.

2 of these D trains are direct trains Beijing-Qiqihar: D29 and D25. Trip time 10:10 and 10:26, departures 6:55 and 10:02, arrivals 17:05 and 20:28. Ticket price second class 406 yuan 5 jiao, first class 540 yuan 5 jiao.

No direct high speed service to Qiqihar from anywhere else past Harbin.
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2015, 08:24 AM   #9886
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

CRH 6A in action, D9641 - Liuzhou (柳州) → Nanning East (南宁东)(7/29/2015)

thanks to Jonathan Chen

dimlys1994, Zaz965 liked this post
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2015, 07:26 PM   #9887
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18220

China investment in railway construction up 10.3pct y-o-y in Jan-July

BEIJING, Aug. 19 (Xinhua) -- China's investment in construction of railways amounted to 283.6 billion yuan in the first seven months of 2015, up 10.3 percent from 257.2 billion yuan in the same period of last year, according to data provided by the China Railway Corporation.

China's fixed asset investment in the whole railway industry totaled 319.4 billion yuan in the first seven months, up 8.1 percent year on year.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!

Zaz965 liked this post
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2015, 04:18 AM   #9888
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6911

Is there a direct G or D train service from Guangzhou to Chongqing? I'm trying to sort my plan for my trip to China next month and one of the options I'm thinking about is Guangzhou-Chongqing by train.
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2015, 04:42 AM   #9889
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pansori View Post
Is there a direct G or D train service from Guangzhou to Chongqing? I'm trying to sort my plan for my trip to China next month and one of the options I'm thinking about is Guangzhou-Chongqing by train.
They have but it is a 11 hour + ride via Wuhan. Probably not the best way to connect between the 2 when the flight is less than 2 hours.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!

Zaz965 liked this post
Old August 25th, 2015, 05:13 AM   #9890
Pansori
planquadrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
They have but it is a 11 hour + ride via Wuhan. Probably not the best way to connect between the 2 when the flight is less than 2 hours.
Not if the purpose of your trip is to ride high-speed trains in China.
Old August 25th, 2015, 05:34 AM   #9891
flankerjun

Likes (Received): 1230

Quote:
you can ride train from shenyang to dandong and the go to North Korea,haha,just a joke
flankerjun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2015, 10:44 AM   #9892
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

It'll be totally worth it if they have HSR sleeper trains from Guangzhou/Shanghai/Beijing to Chongqing.
Old August 25th, 2015, 10:59 AM   #9893
chornedsnorkack

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmwv View Post
It'll be totally worth it if they have HSR sleeper trains from Guangzhou/Shanghai/Beijing to Chongqing.
They have not.
The 3 G trains Guangzhou-Chongqing are daytime, departing 6:36, 6:53 and 8:17, arriving 17:42, 18:17 and 19:35. Ticket second class 720 yuan, first class 1048 yuan, business class 2232 yuan.
From Shanghai, 4 D trains take 12:34 to 12:54, depart 6:09 to 8:39, arrive 19:03 to 21:17. Second class 509 yuan 5 jiao, first class 610 yuan, no business class.
From Beijing, 2 daily G trains take 12:16 and 12:18, depart 8:30 and 9:40, arrive 20:46 and 21:58. Second class 767 yuan 5 jiao, first class 1126 yuan, business class 2383 yuan.
Old August 26th, 2015, 11:20 AM   #9894
doc7austin

Likes (Received): 813

Quote:
Probably not the best way to connect between the 2 when the flight is less than 2 hours.
Well, 98% of all high speed trains are punctual.
Domestic flights in China (esp. from the subtropical ridge) are usually severely delayed.
doc7austin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2015, 12:04 PM   #9895
oliver999
starwar

Likes (Received): 1142

second class seat is enough comfortable for me. G train runs 305KM/HOUR,very smoothly,quiet. D train runs 240KM/HOUR.but fast food price on the train is a bit expensive .
Old August 26th, 2015, 02:23 PM   #9896
BrudnaMery
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Here in Poland we feel envy because we have such a great and modern high-speed rail like you. keep it up China!

t2contra, Zaz965 liked this post
BrudnaMery no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2015, 01:13 AM   #9897
Pansori
planquadrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7austin View Post
Well, 98% of all high speed trains are punctual.
Domestic flights in China (esp. from the subtropical ridge) are usually severely delayed.
Not to mention the hassle at the airports with security checks and stuff. I start shaking even from thinking about the airport procedures (unless it's Singapore Changi which is the sole exception from all airports that I have ever been to). China's HSR travel even with 'tough' security procedures (ticket stamping at the station entrance, X-ray, departure/arrival area separation and other arguably unnecessary measures) is easy peasy and pretty much hassle-free (mind you I'm a foreigner who can barely speak/read/write a word in Chinese).
Old August 27th, 2015, 05:15 AM   #9898
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Not to mention the hassle at the airports with security checks and stuff. I start shaking even from thinking about the airport procedures (unless it's Singapore Changi which is the sole exception from all airports that I have ever been to). China's HSR travel even with 'tough' security procedures (ticket stamping at the station entrance, X-ray, departure/arrival area separation and other arguably unnecessary measures) is easy peasy and pretty much hassle-free (mind you I'm a foreigner who can barely speak/read/write a word in Chinese).
Well, 3 hours on a plane + 3 more to and from the airport vs. 11 hours on a train. Even with delays, I doubt the train will ever win on time. Besides, not all domestic flights are subject to massive delays. Beijing, Shanghai, and Guangzhou are among the worst, but I have been on plenty that left and arrived on time for other cities.

You need to be a big fan of trains to choose the latter.

There is a huge terrorism threat in China with Xinjiang separatists routinely targeting Beijing and even secondary cities in the past few years. Security measures are less strict on trains than for planes already. I would hardly consider these "unnecessary". You also don't need to know the local language to pass these checks anyway.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old August 27th, 2015, 05:53 AM   #9899
Pansori
planquadrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
Well, 3 hours on a plane + 3 more to and from the airport vs. 11 hours on a train. Even with delays, I doubt the train will ever win on time. Besides, not all domestic flights are subject to massive delays. Beijing, Shanghai, and Guangzhou are among the worst, but I have been on plenty that left and arrived on time for other cities.

You need to be a big fan of trains to choose the latter.

There is a huge terrorism threat in China with Xinjiang separatists routinely targeting Beijing and even secondary cities in the past few years. Security measures are less strict on trains than for planes already. I would hardly consider these "unnecessary". You also don't need to know the local language to pass these checks anyway.
While I was having doubts about 8-10 hour train rides I changed my perception completely after traveling on the CRH G services in China. Unless time is absolutely crucial and you must be in a certain location on certain time 2000km and 3 hours apart (which I suppose with Chinese track record of flight punctuality is a risky bet) then I find it difficult to even think of flying anywhere within China where there is a direct CRH G service. Even a more comfortable business class doesn't fix the delay issue between first tier destinations.
Old August 27th, 2015, 07:20 AM   #9900
chornedsnorkack

Quote:
While I was having doubts about 8-10 hour train rides I changed my perception completely after traveling on the CRH G services in China.
Quote:
Even a more comfortable business class doesn't fix the delay issue between first tier destinations.
And G trains usually have business class, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline
Well, 3 hours on a plane + 3 more to and from the airport vs. 11 hours on a train. Even with delays, I doubt the train will ever win on time.
With delays, how many hours on train do win on time?

Tags
china, high speed rail