daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old November 28th, 2015, 01:24 PM   #10381
chornedsnorkack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,980
Likes (Received): 388

Parallel 1435 mm railway already exists from Urumqi as far as the border at Khorgos.
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 28th, 2015, 02:11 PM   #10382
sponge_bob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,955
Likes (Received): 2207

Anyone have a map of the new 5 year plan (2016-2020) HSR projects?
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2015, 03:49 PM   #10383
flankerjun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Shenyang/Wuhan
Posts: 461
Likes (Received): 1230

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post
Anyone have a map of the new 5 year plan (2016-2020) HSR projects?


(2016-2020) HSR projects are still in discussion.this map is the first draft
__________________

sponge_bob, big-dog liked this post
flankerjun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2015, 04:46 PM   #10384
sponge_bob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,955
Likes (Received): 2207

Thank you very much, the Dashed red lines are the 2016 -2020 proposals I take it??
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2015, 05:16 PM   #10385
chornedsnorkack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,980
Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by flankerjun View Post

(2016-2020) HSR projects are still in discussion.this map is the first draft
And illegible. Clicking on it has no effect either.
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2015, 08:03 PM   #10386
doc7austin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 380
Likes (Received): 813

Here are some video and photo impression from my journey with train G68 between Guangzhou South and Shanghai Hongqiao.
The train managed to cover 1.790 km in just 6 hours and 50 minutes.




































And here is the comprehensive video - Enjoy!



If the video is not played, here is the direct link http://youtu.be/7m3gnMus-ZI

The circle between all big three Chinese megapolis has been completed now:

G1 Shanghai Hongqiao - Beijing South http://youtu.be/a0esGji41Nk

G79 Beijing South - Guangzhou South http://youtu.be/GJXW5gtR7Iw


G68 Guangzhou South - Shanghai Hongqiao http://youtu.be/7m3gnMus-ZI
__________________

Last edited by doc7austin; November 28th, 2015 at 08:09 PM.
doc7austin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2015, 08:53 PM   #10387
luhai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 647
Likes (Received): 423

Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
So... does it make sense to commute by train between Yuci and Taiyuan at least?
The truth is people in China does not prefer commuting by train, or perform long distance commute.

There is a strong desire to live in a big city, rather than work in the city and commuting from the country. It's very different fron the culture of say United States, wherethe city is seen as degenerate and the suburbs are seen as a better place to live. (though gentrification is changing that as well.) While there people who commute for specific reasons (often merchant-farmers go into the city to oeddle their goods), that is not enough to bet a railroad on. culturally speaking, people would not leave their dinky little place to go to a big city just to live in another dinky little place near the big city to save rent. Only when the price is impossible to live in the city center like Beijing/Shanghai people would commute ling distance. In that case, there are commuter rails there, as it is what CRH6 is built for.
luhai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2015, 01:47 AM   #10388
Sunfuns
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Basel
Posts: 2,426
Likes (Received): 361

Have there been some studies about the identity of the current typical CRH passenger? How often does he or she uses the service? What are the most common reasons for travel? What is the income level of an average passenger? It would be interesting to know and would probably be quite different from a typical passenger in say Japan (other than income).
Sunfuns no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2015, 04:00 AM   #10389
hkskyline
Hong Kong
 
hkskyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 86,960
Likes (Received): 18220

Exactly. That is what I have been saying all along. Get to know about the demographics and income profile before suggesting to emulate the wrong HSR model to China.
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2015, 06:26 AM   #10390
randomnamety
Random Person
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posts: 1
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfuns View Post
Have there been some studies about the identity of the current typical CRH passenger? How often does he or she uses the service? What are the most common reasons for travel? What is the income level of an average passenger? It would be interesting to know and would probably be quite different from a typical passenger in say Japan (other than income).
Well, I'm definitely not an expert, but being from China, I believe that a rail passenger typically is lower to average income, because of the cheap train tickets compared with air travel. Most common reasons would be to visit family (especially in holiday season), and tourism, maybe business, idk.
randomnamety no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2015, 10:43 AM   #10391
Grunnen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 1,098
Likes (Received): 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfuns View Post
Have there been some studies about the identity of the current typical CRH passenger? How often does he or she uses the service? What are the most common reasons for travel? What is the income level of an average passenger? It would be interesting to know and would probably be quite different from a typical passenger in say Japan (other than income).
Yes, there have been such studies. For example:
http://www.worldbank.org/content/dam...n-china-en.pdf (in particular pages 53-54)
http://www.internationaltransportfor...s/DP201328.pdf
Grunnen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2015, 12:04 PM   #10392
nagaokavn
Registered User
 
nagaokavn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 757
Likes (Received): 52

Amazing China Technology. However,sometime it makes me quite scare
__________________
" TRANG DATA4U.COM.VN NÀY ĐANG CHO TẢI MIỄN PHÍ HÀNG TRĂM EBOOKS KỸ NĂNG MỀM, BÁC NÀO THÍCH THÌ VÔ: http://data4u.com.vn/tin-tuc/tai-sac...phi/c-206.aspx
"
nagaokavn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2015, 12:53 PM   #10393
BEE2
Registered User
 
BEE2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 222
Likes (Received): 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagaokavn View Post
Amazing China Technology. However,sometime it makes me quite scare


However,sometime it makes me quite scare
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Is it 'Made in China' that makes you quite scared??? If so, stay away from it. It is quite simple and quite easy.

Last edited by BEE2; November 29th, 2015 at 01:11 PM.
BEE2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2015, 06:07 PM   #10394
CarlosBlueDragon
CarlosRedDragon
 
CarlosBlueDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Beijing/Shanghai/Guangzhou/HK
Posts: 1,848
Likes (Received): 678

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7austin View Post
Here are some video and photo impression from my journey with train G68 between Guangzhou South and Shanghai Hongqiao.
The train managed to cover 1.790 km in just 6 hours and 50 minutes.




































And here is the comprehensive video - Enjoy!



If the video is not played, here is the direct link http://youtu.be/7m3gnMus-ZI

The circle between all big three Chinese megapolis has been completed now:

G1 Shanghai Hongqiao - Beijing South http://youtu.be/a0esGji41Nk

G79 Beijing South - Guangzhou South http://youtu.be/GJXW5gtR7Iw


G68 Guangzhou South - Shanghai Hongqiao http://youtu.be/7m3gnMus-ZI
good video
Have video from Wuhan railway to Nanjing south railway?
__________________
||CHINA|||
说:
> 同一个世界
> 同一个做夢
> 同一个中国
(同一个北京)(同一个上海)(同一个天津)(同一个广州)(同一个深圳)(同一个重庆)(同一个杭州)(同一个南京)(同一个沈陽)(同一个武汉)(同一个成都)(同一个長春)(同一个长沙)(同一个苏州)(同一个无锡)(同一个扬州)(同一个西安)(同一个吉林)(同一个青島)(同一个大连)(同一个厦门)(同一个潮州)(同一个高州)(同一个香港)(同一个澳門)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I LoVe ChInA
CarlosBlueDragon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2015, 07:57 PM   #10395
chornedsnorkack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,980
Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by luhai View Post
There is a strong desire to live in a big city, rather than work in the city and commuting from the country. It's very different fron the culture of say United States, wherethe city is seen as degenerate and the suburbs are seen as a better place to live. (though gentrification is changing that as well.) While there people who commute for specific reasons (often merchant-farmers go into the city to oeddle their goods), that is not enough to bet a railroad on. culturally speaking, people would not leave their dinky little place to go to a big city just to live in another dinky little place near the big city to save rent.
Yes, but would they go to work in a big city if they could remain in their dinky little place? A lot of people are from dinky little places near some midsized city.

In many other countries people move to cities for good, bring children along or marry and have children in cities and leave their former homes for good, never going back even for New Year. But in China it is hard, so a lot of people who work in cities still have homes in countryside.
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2015, 08:01 PM   #10396
doc7austin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 380
Likes (Received): 813

Quote:
Have video from Wuhan railway to Nanjing south railway?
Partly.
Of the Nanjing - Wuhan high speed railway I have filmed the Nanjing–Hefei Section:

Train G7236 Shanghai - Nanjing South - Hefei (from minute 9:00)
http://youtu.be/VwGSBfujtAA

Train K8368 (Fuyang -) Hefei - Nanjing - Shanghai (which uses the Nanjing - Wuhan high speed railway)
http://youtu.be/2RG3U4twovA
__________________

FM 2258, CarlosBlueDragon liked this post
doc7austin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2015, 05:32 AM   #10397
hamstergogogo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 28
Likes (Received): 16

Just came across this from Reuters:
http://widerimage.reuters.com/story/earthprints-beijing
and here
Quote:
Li Nan, a make-up artist who wakes up at 5:30 a.m. to commute the roughly 95 km from Tianjin to Beijing using a combination of bus, high-speed rail and subway.
......
For Li, the make-up artist, moving to an apartment in Tianjin that she purchased for 1.2 million yuan last year has so far reaped dividends.

"I spend about 100 yuan on transportation every day, but it's worth it," Li said. "I'm living in my own apartment and I don't have to pay rent. It's a good deal. When I was living in Beijing rent would cost me 6,000 yuan every month"
......
Li's commute takes 90 minutes.


Chances are Li is a Tianjiner working in Beijing. Just thought you guys would be interested.
__________________

Last edited by hamstergogogo; November 30th, 2015 at 05:41 AM.
hamstergogogo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2015, 02:27 PM   #10398
CarlosBlueDragon
CarlosRedDragon
 
CarlosBlueDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Beijing/Shanghai/Guangzhou/HK
Posts: 1,848
Likes (Received): 678

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7austin View Post
Partly.
Of the Nanjing - Wuhan high speed railway I have filmed the Nanjing–Hefei Section:

Train G7236 Shanghai - Nanjing South - Hefei (from minute 9:00)
http://youtu.be/VwGSBfujtAA

Train K8368 (Fuyang -) Hefei - Nanjing - Shanghai (which uses the Nanjing - Wuhan high speed railway)
http://youtu.be/2RG3U4twovA
K8368?? I don't want low speed train!!
Have high speed (G or D) from Wuhan to Nanjing South ??
__________________
||CHINA|||
说:
> 同一个世界
> 同一个做夢
> 同一个中国
(同一个北京)(同一个上海)(同一个天津)(同一个广州)(同一个深圳)(同一个重庆)(同一个杭州)(同一个南京)(同一个沈陽)(同一个武汉)(同一个成都)(同一个長春)(同一个长沙)(同一个苏州)(同一个无锡)(同一个扬州)(同一个西安)(同一个吉林)(同一个青島)(同一个大连)(同一个厦门)(同一个潮州)(同一个高州)(同一个香港)(同一个澳門)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I LoVe ChInA
CarlosBlueDragon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2015, 02:39 PM   #10399
ccdk
Registered User
 
ccdk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 337
Likes (Received): 980

Dalian - Yantai Tunnel
in Mandarin: http://sd.ifeng.com/zbc/detail_2015_...610786_0.shtml
in English: http://world.kbs.co.kr/english/news/....htm?No=115170

It is reported that the State Council is reviewing key projects, or projects with priority for 2016, and this tunnel is included, and detailed blueprint is outlined. The details is however, only in Chinese. I only found one brief English news on this.

--------------------------------------
China will reportedly revive a project next year to build the world’s longest underwater tunnel beneath the Bohai Sea.

A news site based in China’s Shandong Province reported that the State Council on Monday deliberated major state projects for next year, in which the tunnel project was included.

The travel time will be cut from eight hours to 40 minutes after the completion of the 123-kilometer high-speed rail tunnel connecting the northeastern city of Dalian in Liaoning province and Yantai in Shandong province.

The project was first proposed in 1992, but has been delayed due to safety issues and astronomical expenses of 200 billion yuan, or 33-point-six trillion won.



__________________

Munwon, Swede, FM 2258, mrsmartman liked this post
ccdk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2015, 08:34 PM   #10400
Sunfuns
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Basel
Posts: 2,426
Likes (Received): 361

There was a long discussion here with many posters claiming that China doesn't need a commuter rail network. Beijing government at least doesn't agree:

Beijing’s Municipal Transport Commission recently adopted a long-term plan for the development of a ‘one-hour transport grid’ radiating up to 70 km from the capital. This envisages the construction of 23 new railways totalling 3 453 km by 2050, of which eight routes totalling 1 012 km are to be completed by 2020.

http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/p...year-plan.html
__________________

Swede, FM 2258, the spliff fairy liked this post
Sunfuns no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
china, high speed rail

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium