daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old December 26th, 2015, 02:03 AM   #10521
xinxingren
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 270
Likes (Received): 72

It'll probably stop one rock falling, and it will help hold the cliff in place. But around the highways and railways of SW China you can see crumpled heaps of these nets wrapping up 50 - 100 m3 of rocks that have fallen...
xinxingren no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 26th, 2015, 02:15 AM   #10522
xinxingren
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 270
Likes (Received): 72

Rail laid on HuKun line

Quote:
Two 500-meter rails were laid in Qujing City on Friday morning, the start of the first high-speed line to serve the province. 185-km stretch of the 2,264-km Shanghai-Kunming high-speed railway passes through Yunnan.
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20..._134952995.htm
xinxingren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2015, 06:10 AM   #10523
foxmulder
Registered User
 
foxmulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,135
Likes (Received): 382

If I am not wrong, when completed Shanghai-Kunming will be longest high speed rail line since Beijing-Guangzhou should be slightly shorter.
foxmulder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2015, 08:36 AM   #10524
xinxingren
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 270
Likes (Received): 72

On the East Coast line, about halfway between TianMuShan and XiaPu, the country road X973 passes under the rail near the village of FengMen. This pic was taken in May 2014. Of more interest than the sign:
The High Speed Rail links us all.
Its continued safety depends on all.
Xiapu County Government,
Yacheng Town Peoples' Government
Xiapu County Railway Police

is the rust and waterstain. How long has this section of line been a) open to the weather, b) open to passenger traffic?

xinxingren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2015, 09:08 AM   #10525
flankerjun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Shenyang/Wuhan
Posts: 461
Likes (Received): 1230

Chengdu-Chongqing HSR(300km/h,308KM),Jinhua-Wenzhou railway(200km/h,251KM), open today.
Nanchang Metro line 1,Beijing Metro line 14 open today.
Ganzhou-Longyan railway(200KM/H,290Km),Wuhan Metro line 3 will open on Dec 28.
Today is also the Wuhan-Guangzhou HSR 6 year anniversary,Beijing-Zhengzhou HSR 3 year anniversary.
__________________

dbhaskar, Woonsocket54 liked this post
flankerjun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2015, 10:16 AM   #10526
chornedsnorkack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,979
Likes (Received): 388

On Dalian-Dandong high speed railway, there are now 12 D trains daily. Fastest train Dalian-Dandong is D7713, taking 1:59 for 310 km with 1 stop. Ticket price second class 114 yuan 5 jiao, first class 183 yuan 5 jiao, business class 344 yuan.
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2015, 11:42 AM   #10527
dbhaskar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 107
Likes (Received): 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
On Dalian-Dandong high speed railway, there are now 12 D trains daily. Fastest train Dalian-Dandong is D7713, taking 1:59 for 310 km with 1 stop. Ticket price second class 114 yuan 5 jiao, first class 183 yuan 5 jiao, business class 344 yuan.
Do you have any ridership figures? Sounds like this route has some demand.
dbhaskar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2015, 12:48 PM   #10528
chornedsnorkack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,979
Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhaskar View Post
Do you have any ridership figures? Sounds like this route has some demand.
For 28th of December, there seem to be tickets for all trains and classes. Is there any way to deduce ridership from the number of available tickets?
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2015, 02:24 AM   #10529
Arul Murugan
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Salem/India-Bethlehem/United States
Posts: 18,794
Likes (Received): 12779

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunnen View Post
Interesting. That's really a quick growth. But I suppose there has also been a lot of 'room upwards'. In a small country like the Netherlands there are already about 2750 train pairs per day, and in India even more than 6000.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
Yes. Thatīs the problem with Chinese rail.
July 2014 - 1117 pairs
January 2016 - 1161,5 pairs
India - over 6000 pairs.
6000 pairs includes suburban service of Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkatta. If we exclude the suburban service, the daily no. of express/passenger service the count would be around 4000 services per day.
__________________
அருள் முருகன்
தமிழ்நாடு/இந்தியா
Arul Murugan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2015, 06:49 AM   #10530
flankerjun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Shenyang/Wuhan
Posts: 461
Likes (Received): 1230

Chengdu-Chongqing HSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhzz View Post
Chengdu-Chongqing High speed rail officially open today in Southwest China.

1.CRH380D


2.CRH380D


3.

---------
cyol.com
__________________

dimlys1994 liked this post
flankerjun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2015, 10:58 AM   #10531
chornedsnorkack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,979
Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arul Murugan View Post
6000 pairs includes suburban service of Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkatta. If we exclude the suburban service, the daily no. of express/passenger service the count would be around 4000 services per day.
Yes, but how many pairs are suburban service of Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou?
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2015, 11:06 PM   #10532
luhai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 647
Likes (Received): 423

Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
Yes, but how many pairs are suburban service of Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou?
Very low, and hopefully remains low, considering small number of them in operation. Suburban development in China needs to be controlled rather than encouraged. Right now most commute distance can be handled by intracity buses and subway systems, and it needs to stay this way.
__________________

flierfy liked this post
luhai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2015, 11:51 PM   #10533
chornedsnorkack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,979
Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by luhai View Post
Very low, and hopefully remains low, considering small number of them in operation. Suburban development in China needs to be controlled rather than encouraged. Right now most commute distance can be handled by intracity buses and subway systems, and it needs to stay this way.
I agree that suburban development needs to be controlled. For one, by demolishing excessive roads, and replacing intracity buses and private cars with commuter trains.
Surface commuter railways are cheaper to build than subways.
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2015, 05:23 AM   #10534
Sunfuns
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Basel
Posts: 2,426
Likes (Received): 361

I think luhai means that he would prefer cities to stay compact and not have far reaching suburbs needing suburban trains. I doubt that strategy will succeed long term... Also we needn't think of smaller towns in perifery of big cities solely as places to sleep for big city workers. It would be good for them to have a rail transport for their own sake. Where I live virtually every town above 10,000 inhabitants has a railway station. Sure a density this high is a remnant of pre-automobile conditions, but still...
Sunfuns no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2015, 06:10 AM   #10535
flankerjun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Shenyang/Wuhan
Posts: 461
Likes (Received): 1230

Harbin-Dalian HSR Puwan cross-sea bridge







__________________

Tk.Alv-87, Munwon, 8166UY, big-dog liked this post
flankerjun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2015, 07:34 AM   #10536
chornedsnorkack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,979
Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfuns View Post
I think luhai means that he would prefer cities to stay compact and not have far reaching suburbs needing suburban trains. I doubt that strategy will succeed long term... Also we needn't think of smaller towns in perifery of big cities solely as places to sleep for big city workers. It would be good for them to have a rail transport for their own sake. Where I live virtually every town above 10,000 inhabitants has a railway station.
Switzerland:
8 million people
4641 km railways - all of them electrified
1338 stations

8 million people is a number many prefecture level cities in China reach.
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2015, 07:45 AM   #10537
Sunfuns
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Basel
Posts: 2,426
Likes (Received): 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
Switzerland:
8 million people
4641 km railways - all of them electrified
1338 stations

8 million people is a number many prefecture level cities in China reach.
Yes and the point is? People are still people...

I already said that no one is going to build a network this dense in the 21st century, but nevertheless there is still A LOT of room for building more stuff in China.
Sunfuns no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2015, 08:13 AM   #10538
robja23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 72
Likes (Received): 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by flankerjun View Post
Chengdu-Chongqing HSR(300km/h,308KM),Jinhua-Wenzhou railway(200km/h,251KM), open today.
Nanchang Metro line 1,Beijing Metro line 14 open today.
Ganzhou-Longyan railway(200KM/H,290Km),Wuhan Metro line 3 will open on Dec 28.
Today is also the Wuhan-Guangzhou HSR 6 year anniversary,Beijing-Zhengzhou HSR 3 year anniversary.
You also forgot to mention Chengdu Metro line 4 also opened on the 26th
__________________

sweet-d liked this post
robja23 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2015, 10:23 AM   #10539
xinxingren
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 270
Likes (Received): 72

Quote:
CHANGSHA, Dec. 26 (Xinhua) -- A trial run of China's first domestically designed and manufactured magnetic levitation line in Changsha, Hunan Province, began on Saturday.

The maglev shuttles between Changsha's south railway station and the airport, with one stop in between. It takes about ten minutes to complete the 18.55-km journey,
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20..._134953824.htm
Sorry, not high speed, "maximum speed of 100 km per hour."
xinxingren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2015, 10:31 AM   #10540
chornedsnorkack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,979
Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinxingren View Post
Sorry, not high speed, "maximum speed of 100 km per hour."
On the other hand, it does serve Changsha South railway station, which is a HSR station.
What does suck is only 1 stop in 18 km - for a 100 km/h line!
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
china, high speed rail

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium