daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 14th, 2010, 04:05 AM   #41
Leigh

Likes (Received): 2

Just awesome. Beautiful architecture mantained with an obvious sense of civic pride. The natural environment looks beautiful as well.

Excellent pics, thanks for sharing them with us. I think I had better get over to NZ for a visit next year, thanks to threads like this one and your Auckland one.
Leigh no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 14th, 2010, 08:29 AM   #42
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_kiwi_fruit View Post
A shame that we couldn't experience Ahuriri at night maybe next time
Next time most definitely

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozzy View Post
Fantastic pics!!!!!!! i love art deco & spanish mission styles of architecture.
You have good taste mate, thanks for the comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
Just awesome. Beautiful architecture mantained with an obvious sense of civic pride. The natural environment looks beautiful as well.

Excellent pics, thanks for sharing them with us. I think I had better get over to NZ for a visit next year, thanks to threads like this one and your Auckland one.
Wow, what a compliment, thank you I am sure that you won't be sorry and that you will love it here, hopefully us Kiwi's can make it that little bit extra for ya .... do I need to work on my Wellington thread ? *jokes* thanks for the comment
Old December 14th, 2010, 08:59 AM   #43
Leigh

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Wow, what a compliment, thank you I am sure that you won't be sorry and that you will love it here, hopefully us Kiwi's can make it that little bit extra for ya .... do I need to work on my Wellington thread ? *jokes* thanks for the comment
No way mate, that's awesome too. I almost went back and edited my initial post actually!
Leigh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2010, 11:14 AM   #44
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 244741

Awesome, very nice photos as usually SYDNEY
christos-greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2010, 09:37 PM   #45
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
No way mate, that's awesome too. I almost went back and edited my initial post actually!
Thanks for the reassurance mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by christos-greece View Post
Awesome, very nice photos as usually SYDNEY
So pleased that you enjoy them thanks for the comment.
Old December 15th, 2010, 09:13 PM   #47
Benonie
Bike It!

Likes (Received): 19874

Wow! That city is gorgeous. Never heard of it before, but it looks well worth a visit... if only it wasn't at the other side of the globe...

Great pictures and thanks for the tour. Allways in for a bunch of art deco-pearls.
Benonie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2010, 10:12 PM   #48
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benonie View Post
Wow! That city is gorgeous. Never heard of it before, but it looks well worth a visit... if only it wasn't at the other side of the globe...

Great pictures and thanks for the tour. Allways in for a bunch of art deco-pearls.
Marketing is not one of New Zealand's strong points. They would much rather keep it a secret, stupid I know Thanks for the compliment and for the visit, it is much appreciated mate
Old December 16th, 2010, 10:38 AM   #50
Milan Luka
stupid sexy flanders

Likes (Received): 1174

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYDNEY View Post
Fantastic thread! Absolutely beautiful place ay mate!

As for this gem. I stayed at the Masonic a few winters ago. What a place. Little bit ramshackle, pouring rain, creaks all night, its own resident ghost. I would go back tomorrow.

While its a small town, I thought it had a neat little vibe. Good coffee too.
Old December 16th, 2010, 10:04 PM   #51
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan Luka View Post
Fantastic thread! Absolutely beautiful place ay mate!

As for this gem. I stayed at the Masonic a few winters ago. What a place. Little bit ramshackle, pouring rain, creaks all night, its own resident ghost. I would go back tomorrow.

While its a small town, I thought it had a neat little vibe. Good coffee too.
Thanks ML We popped into the reception area and you can smell the history, I must admit that it did feel a little "creepy" and therefore I am way too chicken to stay there - like the Shining

For such a small town it offers everything and more, I would love to see a tram route back there like the one in Christchurch, which reminds me, we have booked our flights for Wellington and CHC and will arrive in CHC on 22 January for one night - hopefully you are there and we can catch up ?
Old December 17th, 2010, 06:28 AM   #53
Milan Luka
stupid sexy flanders

Oh yeah now you're talking. Could really see myself set up here for an afternoon sesh.

Quote:
Sat 22nd Jan? Excellent. I'll be in town. We def have to catch up.

If we do nothing else I'll take you guys out to the beachside suburbs you are MEANT to go to- Sumner, Scarborough, Taylors Mistake. There's still PLENTY of quake damge if you are up to it too.

Oh yeah, if you want can always go to one of my locals for dinner/drinks.

Keep in touch mate.
Old December 17th, 2010, 10:58 PM   #54
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Oh yeah now you're talking. Could really see myself set up here for an afternoon sesh.

Sat 22nd Jan? Excellent. I'll be in town. We def have to catch up.

If we do nothing else I'll take you guys out to the beachside suburbs you are MEANT to go to- Sumner, Scarborough, Taylors Mistake. There's still PLENTY of quake damge if you are up to it too.

Oh yeah, if you want can always go to one of my locals for dinner/drinks.

Keep in touch mate.
Great ! We would love that, as long as we stay out of New Brighton Sadly we expect to see damage and that is no problem sweety. We are going to see the Ron Mueck exhibition which shouldn't take too long - have you been ? if not why don't you join us and then we can go for a meal and a drink or three
Old December 20th, 2010, 04:28 AM   #57
Andre_idol
Fluorescent Adolescent

Likes (Received): 431

"Cape Kidnapperīs"...is it actually the placeīs name or you decided to put that title? Iīm here laughing because of this little thing. Well, it can be effect of the late hours over here, but they say people with higher IQīs tend to go to bed late so...*fist pump*

Turism promoters over here say Portugal is full of beautiful corners to discover...looks like the same happens Down Under
Old December 20th, 2010, 05:10 AM   #58
Milan Luka
stupid sexy flanders

Quote:
Great ! We would love that, as long as we stay out of New Brighton Sadly we expect to see damage and that is no problem sweety. We are going to see the Ron Mueck exhibition which shouldn't take too long - have you been ? if not why don't you join us and then we can go for a meal and a drink or three
Sounds like a plan!

Cant get over how hot and dry Hawkes Bay looks, very reminiscent of Banks Peninsula.
Old December 20th, 2010, 05:37 AM   #59
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre_idol View Post
"Cape Kidnapperīs"...is it actually the placeīs name or you decided to put that title? Iīm here laughing because of this little thing. Well, it can be effect of the late hours over here, but they say people with higher IQīs tend to go to bed late so...*fist pump*

Turism promoters over here say Portugal is full of beautiful corners to discover...looks like the same happens Down Under
It is the real name It is a very exclusive area and this is where you can find "The Farm" - an extremely luxurious resort (one of the world's best). We weren't allowed to "the farm" because they had exclusive guests there, rumored to be U2, Jay Z and Beyonce who had just completed their concerts in Auckland. We did the next best thing and drove around - check out the website, it is stunning: http://www.capekidnappers.com/

I don't doubt for one minute that you are a genius, after all, you browse through my threads The world is full of incredible places but NZ is blessed with so much in such a small area, we are very lucky indeed. Thanks for the comment mate

Quote:
Sounds like a plan!

Cant get over how hot and dry Hawkes Bay looks, very reminiscent of Banks Peninsula.
The locals were telling us that they get very little rain in the area - sounds like my kind of place who knows, in a couple of years we may be locals We will phone you once we get to Christchurch - okay ?