daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Vote for the host of the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
Australia 66 35.68%
Japan 3 1.62%
Qatar 85 45.95%
South Korea 2 1.08%
United States 29 15.68%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old November 28th, 2010, 05:53 PM   #61
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
I'd rather own a decent car with a few bumps and scratches that gets me to places, than splash out on an expensive foreign model which breaks down halfway through the journey.

Mike's been going stupidly over the top in this thread, but to hear a Qatari mocking Australia's world cup record is priceless.

Mo, you really should have just made this thread a poll with no responses allowed. It's ******* pathetic. Some bans needed methinks.
You sure do think a lot RobH.

In fact, next time we are having a voting for a new mod in replacement of Mo Rush, I would definitely be voting for RobH.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old November 28th, 2010, 05:54 PM   #62
waqif
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
Mike's been going stupidly over the top in this thread, but to hear a Qatari mocking Australia's world cup record is priceless.
before he start comment the votes was in Australia side lol
that guy should be in Australia bid team then we will win the hosting lol
waqif no está en línea  
Old November 28th, 2010, 05:54 PM   #63
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Source or you totally made it up.

FIFA is not voting, THE EXCO Members ARE.

على كيف ابوك ما بيصير عقب التصويت ؟ خلك في حلمك يا بابا

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT Good luck with that
Only thing made up is your garbage bid.

As I said the poll's been done already, it's over.

Australia - 2022 365 votes 18.58%
Qatar - 2022 119 votes 6.06%
USA - 2022 235 votes 11.96%

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...13117&page=434

The Exco are a part of FIFA , if you haven't realised by now.

Yeah I was going to ask you which troll other than of course Qatarson are you unleashing next? is waqif going to come on? or another one of your wide ranging collection of imaginary pinheads?

Last edited by MysteryMike; November 28th, 2010 at 06:01 PM.
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old November 28th, 2010, 05:57 PM   #64
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:

In fact, next time we are having a voting for a new mod in replacement of Mo Rush, I would definitely be voting for RobH.
lol talk about a joke you've fried Rob like a million times, I'm sorry but he doesn't take bribes or believe in vote rigging. The man has ethics unlike yourself, you multi account trolling joke
Old November 28th, 2010, 05:58 PM   #65
RobH

Likes (Received): 10337

Quote:

That's kind of you mate, but I think Mo's doing a decent enough job given the number of trolls on all sides here. I don't envy him, and I don't think he has the power to actually ban anyone; only delete posts, which makes things even more difficult.
RobH no está en línea  
Old November 28th, 2010, 05:59 PM   #66
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqif View Post
before he start comment the votes was in Australia side lol
that guy should be in Australia bid team then we will win the hosting lol
What a surprise I thought Qatarson you would've gone for the basher you know, he had a bit more credibility than this loser, not much more but he didn't reach the abysmal level of commenting that this troll reached.
Old November 28th, 2010, 06:04 PM   #67
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
Only thing made up is your garbage bid.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...13117&page=434

The Exco are a part of FIFA , if you haven't realised by now.

Yeah I was going to ask you which troll other than of course Qatarson are you unleashing next? is waqif going to come on? or another one of your wide ranging collection of imaginary pinheads?
They are individuals who do what is good for them, they don't honestly care a toss about FIFA.

What are you talking about, your my multi

Quote:
lol talk about a joke you've fried Rob like a million times, I'm sorry but he doesn't take bribes or believe in vote rigging. The man has ethics unlike yourself, you multi account trolling joke
Whyt would i "fry" RobH, he is a DECENT person unlike some bottom-dwellers around here.

This should in fact be enough to get you brigged for the next 2 weeks.

Why are you working so hard to devalue and in other hand glorify, bids that have NO RELATION TO YOU.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old November 28th, 2010, 06:09 PM   #68
MysteryMike
BANNED

Because I believe in a JUST WORLD, unlike you "For a bad person to succeed it must mean a good person has done nothing" I am not that kind of person. I will fight for what is right and that's all I care about. I hate cheating scum and that's exactly what Qatar's bid is.

So-called ''guest workers'' from places such as India, Cambodia and Vietnam make up around 75 per cent of Qatar's population of 1.6 million and their treatment, including low wages, physical abuse and restriction of movement, has been frequently criticised by human rights watchdogs such as website The Human Trafficking Project.

Such workers would almost certainly be charged with carrying out the estimated $43 billion in stadium, transport and hotel construction needed for Qatar to host the World Cup.

Bin Hamman said newspaper reports this week that he had admitted Qatar's supporters would back Spain for 2018 were ''lies meant to damage our bid'' and had been entirely fabricated.

Regardless of where it is all coming from, the information hurting Qatar - including queries about its size and climate - is largely accurate. It should, by rights, be damaging.

The Daily Mail reported yesterday that Qatar's bid ambassador, Zinedine Zidane, will be paid around $15 million for his public support if the bid is successful. Other non-Qatari stars of the past, such as Dutchman Ronald De Boer and Cameroon's Roger Milla, are also being paid handsomely to spruik.

None of this is against the rules. Qatar, though, has few friends of the type who cannot be bought. The Age flew to Zurich via the emirate on Qatar Airways. The inflight magazine featured a glowing advertisement for the nation's bid, the television entertainment systems forced all passengers to sit through a video of Zidane promoting the same. But strike up conversation with a member of the cabin crew on the national carrier and the difference was stark.

''Yes I live in Doha,'' she said. ''It's not a good place to be. Dubai is OK, Dubai is like the opposite of Qatar. You should go there instead.''

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/socce...128-18cd8.html
Old November 28th, 2010, 06:26 PM   #69
MontBlanc
BANNED

I support Qatar for FIFA 2022.

Its in the Middle East and its one of the friendly nations around this area. Its safe, unlike places such as Egypt or Iraq. We had Israeli diplomats visit that country and come back with no issues whatsoever, we even maintained some form of ties unlike its neighboring countries.
MontBlanc no está en línea  
Old November 28th, 2010, 06:55 PM   #70
Yaghuth

Likes (Received): 718

Quote:

As I said the poll's been done already, it's over.
if it's over , then why your so pathetically worked up
Yaghuth no está en línea  
Old November 28th, 2010, 07:33 PM   #71
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:

Like it or not, but I have actually attended a World Cup.

So your bitterness to "replace" me absolutely has no impact on what the reality of the Qatar bid is i.e. a World Cup in one city, placing the entire event at risk.

All the "we must replace" Mo Rush will not change that.

We both know the bid is based on fantasy. Except one of us is not blinded by nationalism.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old November 28th, 2010, 07:39 PM   #72
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

For future rounds a minimum post count will be required for the vote to be considered a proper vote.

Creating accounts to vote is not smart at all.

Forumers found creating multiple accounts will be banned.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old November 28th, 2010, 10:34 PM   #73
T74

Likes (Received): 1

and can everyone stop thinking MysteryMike is Australian?

He is from the UK - has nothing to do with us
T74 no está en línea  
Old November 28th, 2010, 11:18 PM   #74
MysteryMike
BANNED

QATAR: Public kissing lands married couple in hot water

The couple was first rebuked by authorities in Qatar for kissing in public along the beach. So the two Lebanese expats argued that they were married and were doing nothing wrong.

But the plea, ironically, put them in even more trouble, as their union was judged unlawful by a court in this conservative Muslim Persian Gulf country.

The couple, who fled Qatar before the verdict was announced, was sentenced in absentia to a year of prison for having an illicit sexual relationship, according to recent media reports.

The court argued that their marriage could not be recognized in Qatar because it was an interfaith union between a Muslim woman and a Christian man.

The Lebanese woman, 24, and her husband, 27, were married under civil law in Cyprus, said a report in the English-language Qatari daily, Gulf Times.

Many Middle Eastern couples travel to Cyprus or other Western countries to tie the knot in civil marriages because their own countries allow unions only between people of the same faith.

Lebanon, a small, multi-religious nation, recognizes civil marriages conducted abroad, which is evidently not the case in some other Arab states.

The trouble started in April when a Qatari family complained to police about the couple kissing in public, Gulf Times said.

Police said the two, whose names were not released to the media, were caught in an "indecent position."

The man, who works in Qatar, said he had done nothing more than place his hand on the shoulder of his wife, who had arrived to the country 10 days earlier.

The two had left Qatar before the trial was over, after a travel ban on them was lifted.

Because of economic difficulties in their own country, thousands of Lebanese reside and work in Qatar, a small nation rich with oil and natural gas.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/baby...interfait.html
Old November 28th, 2010, 11:23 PM   #75
MysteryMike
BANNED

Qatar has been confirmed as the host nation for the 2011 Asian Cup, the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) announced on Sunday.

The Gulf state was the only country to submit a formal bid to host the event but had to satisfy the AFC of their ability to stage the tournament before being confirmed as hosts.

India and Iran had initially indicated they would bid but pulled out before the final deadline in May.

Under the AFC's rotation policy, only countries from West Asia were allowed to bid but the AFC said it would have opened the bidding process had Qatar's proposal failed to meet the required standards.

Bin Hammam said the final details of the 2011 event were still being finalised but it was likely the tournament would be staged in January.

The timing of the event is likely to clash with some national leagues, including the English Premier League, but Bin Hammam said he was confident all the teams would have their best players available because January was one of two windows provided by soccer's world governing body FIFA for continental championships.

"The other window is July but that is the hot season in Qatar so it cannot be held at that time of year," he said.

"At the moment the indications are that this competition should be organised in January.

"We have been protected by the international window so all our players will be released."

http://in.reuters.com/article/idINIndia-28708920070729

Old November 28th, 2010, 11:28 PM   #76
MysteryMike
BANNED

How Hot Is It In Doha, Qatar? Car-Baked Cookies Hot

As an American living in Doha, Qatar, I am often asked by people back home about the weather here.

So, how hot is it today?

Is it still hot out?

What's the weather like right now?

Well, it is so hot that we here in Qatar couldn't help but turn our noses at Sam Dolnick's New York Times article about the state's insufferable heat wave. Complaining about 80 degree days? Our nights are hotter than 80 degrees!

Anyway, there are only so many expletives one can use to describe the sizzling, crushing, swamplike conditions we are currently enduring. For those seeking a more creative solution, here are five new ways to tell people how freakin hot it gets here in the summertime.

Qatar is so hot that...

1. People flee the country in droves. The country's 4:1 male-female ratio is skewed even further during June, July & August, because if a man doesn't have enough vacation days saved up, then it's just the women and children who go. Because, you know, think of the children. The upshot here is that the snarling traffic clears up a bit, and Doha almost feels like it did three years ago, before it got too crowded.

2. Even our cold water burns. In fact, people switch off their water heaters in hopes of finding some cool water to bathe with. Because the cold water tanks are on the roof, and they hit direct sunlight. And nobody wants to be boiled alive in the bathtub.

3. It is illegal to go to work. For laborers, that is. These men, recruited to toil away year-round, ensnared in Qatar's insatiable building binge, must take a break between the hours of 11:30am and 3pm, the hottest parts of the day. Not all employers follow this law, and lots of guys end up suffering heatstroke or worse. And just because they're not working, doesn't mean they get a reprieve from the searing air. We often see men just standing/sitting in construction zones, waiting for their shifts to start again.

4. Cars double as ovens. One woman pre-heated her car by parking it in the sun for a few hours, and then stuck in a tray of cookies. After checking back in a while, voila! Fresh car-baked goodies. Serve with coffee, or my favorite: ice-cold milk.

5. The electricity company doesn't want our money. Power grids across the Gulf are feeling the strain of this year's heat wave (thanks so much, global warming), and while Qatar hasn't had to turn to other countries for help, it would like to keep it that way. Kahramaa, the country's electricity company, has plastered Doha with signs about responsible energy use.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/shabin..._b_666528.html
Old November 28th, 2010, 11:31 PM   #77
Askario
Ultimate Aero

Likes (Received): 14091

Qatar or Australia.
Askario no está en línea  
Old November 29th, 2010, 12:25 AM   #78
gavstar00

Likes (Received): 133

This is actually hysterical, glad you're putting a minimum post count on any further rounds, might I suggest a join date as well? Absolute nonsense
gavstar00 no está en línea  
Old November 29th, 2010, 12:31 AM   #79
krudmonk
sucks

Likes (Received): 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by T74 View Post
and can everyone stop thinking MysteryMike is Australian?

He is from the UK - has nothing to do with us
So why is he so hellbent on Australia hosting? And we is he granted so much lenience in his trolling endeavors?

Now watch this post get deleted, too...
krudmonk no está en línea  
Old November 29th, 2010, 12:44 AM   #80
MysteryMike
BANNED

Justice

Last edited by MysteryMike; November 29th, 2010 at 10:06 AM.

Closed Thread