daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old December 2nd, 2010, 06:39 PM   #101
Athinaios
3D geo-modeler

Likes (Received): 136

Congrats to Russia!! As for Qatar..well..weird decision, but interesting as well. I really thought it will be Australia.

BTW - Is it allowed to drink alcohol in Qatar? For me and for many supporters beer is always a part of every World Cup

One World Trade Center in Google Earth
Athinaios no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old December 2nd, 2010, 06:44 PM   #102
plasticterminator

Likes (Received): 16

Bad losers ...love it well done Russia you deserve it, lets deal in facts not bullshit like most do on here
1. russia never hosted before
2. russia is worlds biggest country geographically
3. russia is not the best footballing nation but has been consistently strong in all competitions and supported Fifa and football for over half a century
4. 12,000 average crowds or not Russia is statistically the strongest league in Europe after the usual suspects, England, Italy, Spain, Germany, Holland and France and more succesful than Portugal. With the exception of Portugal all those countries have hosted a world cup already.
5. Russian teams won Uefa cup twice in last decade
6. Russia is rich and new stadiums with better facilities can only encourage better attendance
7. Russia has a legacy, all the other European bidding nations do not need a world cup to develop football, their premier leagues do far more to promote football tham a world cup ever would a wc is for a month the leagues 9 months every year, year after year

As for qatar i totally agree it has no pedigree, no legacy needs no development will always struggle due to climate and the list goes on..the first middle eastern country should have been egypt or saudi arabia as they have on a much lower scale all the things mentioned to benefit from and a legacy would mean something.
plasticterminator no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 06:45 PM   #103
FritzMitWitz

Likes (Received): 535

A assume that Quatar will have the money to built the stadiums, but they still need some fans. And one million inhabitans aren't enough. That's a huge blow for the World Cup.
FritzMitWitz no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 06:45 PM   #104
krudmonk
sucks

Likes (Received): 96

Congratulations to Russia.
krudmonk no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 06:52 PM   #105
Scoot89

Likes (Received): 2

2022 WC to be re-awarded. YES OR NO? Who's going to start the poll...
Scoot89 no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 07:03 PM   #106
mdhar.v12

Likes (Received): 42

In Qatar ,one would be watching football game along with Osam bin laden,Ayman al-Zawahiri, and other top Al-Qaeda members.........**** FIFA
mdhar.v12 no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 07:06 PM   #107
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 1108

Well there's a Rugby World Cup in New Zealand in 2011. Tune in guys, you may enjoy it.
Walbanger no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 07:11 PM   #108
-Corey-
Je suis tout ŗ vous

Likes (Received): 5222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoot89 View Post
2022 WC to be re-awarded. YES OR NO? Who's going to start the poll...
Hopefully not the United States. We have dignity!

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 07:13 PM   #109
SASH

Likes (Received): 5857

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticterminator View Post
Bad losers ...love it well done Russia you deserve it, lets deal in facts not bullshit like most do on here
1. russia never hosted before
2. russia is worlds biggest country geographically
3. russia is not the best footballing nation but has been consistently strong in all competitions and supported Fifa and football for over half a century
4. 12,000 average crowds or not Russia is statistically the strongest league in Europe after the usual suspects, England, Italy, Spain, Germany, Holland and France and more succesful than Portugal. With the exception of Portugal all those countries have hosted a world cup already.
5. Russian teams won Uefa cup twice in last decade
6. Russia is rich and new stadiums with better facilities can only encourage better attendance
7. Russia has a legacy, all the other European bidding nations do not need a world cup to develop football, their premier leagues do far more to promote football tham a world cup ever would a wc is for a month the leagues 9 months every year, year after year

As for qatar i totally agree it has no pedigree, no legacy needs no development will always struggle due to climate and the list goes on..the first middle eastern country should have been egypt or saudi arabia as they have on a much lower scale all the things mentioned to benefit from and a legacy would mean something.
Holland never hosted a WC!

Sorry but when I think of Russia, I'm thinking of: Corruption. A lot of old KGB guys and few hundred insane wealthy men who have the power over there. A small middle class and millions and millions of poor people. I forgot those hundred of thousands children, who are sniffing their glue each day and lot of extreme dangerous Hooligan Firms! That is Russia for me!
SASH no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 07:18 PM   #110
Quintana
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 1158

Qatar
Quintana no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 07:20 PM   #111
jackass94

Likes (Received): 19252

SASH SCF
, welcome to Russia in 2018, I hope you'll understand that these words that you had said abou my country were just unfair
jackass94 no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 07:21 PM   #112
joshjordaan

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASH SCF View Post
Holland never hosted a WC!

Sorry but when I think of Russia, I'm thinking of: Corruption. A lot of old KGB guys and few hundred insane wealthy men who have the power over there. A small middle class and millions and millions of poor people. I forgot those hundred of thousands children, who are sniffing their glue each day and lot of extreme dangerous Hooligan Firms! That is Russia for me!
is that what you thought about South Africa too? that we we're a bunch of wealthy racist whites and road to work and school on elephants, had lions in our backyards and our president was an over-grown monkey? not to mention we enslaved black people and forced them without pay to build stadia? are you actually retarded?
joshjordaan no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 07:22 PM   #113
SASH

I you find this unfair? Unfair was giving the WC's to these 2 countries!
SASH no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 07:22 PM   #114
Kenni
What?

Congratulations RUSSIA and QATAR!
Kenni no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 07:27 PM   #115
jackass94

Likes (Received): 19252

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASH SCF View Post

I you find this unfair? Unfair was giving the WC's to these 2 countries!
C'mon, again KGB, mafia, corruption, poor people.. I'm so tired of this shit. Just visit us and u'll see everything) Russia deserved WC, and most people agreed.

What about Quatar.. rather weird deсision, especially of the climat (40-50 degrees at July).
jackass94 no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 07:27 PM   #116
Rohne
Schwarzkutte

Likes (Received): 354

I've always preferred England (as long as Germany is not bidding ). Throwin some chairs through London & having some nice fights there would be so great.
Russia is ok - fan scene (especially the sporty part) belongs to the better ones.
But the decision for Qatar is just disgusting! Disrespectful against all footbal fans!

FIFA, **** you!!!
Rohne no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 07:28 PM   #117
Chimaera

Likes (Received): 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjordaan View Post
is that what you thought about South Africa too? that we we're a bunch of wealthy racist whites and road to work and school on elephants, had lions in our backyards and our president was an over-grown monkey? not to mention we enslaved black people and forced them without pay to build stadia? are you actually retarded?
He's definitely right about the corruption.

Anyway, Russia will have loads of work in the coming years, even more on transportation than on stadia. I guess there should still be enough money left for that though.

But at least Russia is a football nation, Qatar is a joke.
Chimaera no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 07:28 PM   #118
SASH

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjordaan View Post
Yes that are a few of those things I'm still thinking! Come on be honest! The are lot of problems in Russia as well as in SA, which you can't deny.

And by the way. I'm living in a wind mill, Iím wearing clogs and Iím stoned as ****!
SASH no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 07:30 PM   #119
Joop20

Likes (Received): 4

Congratulations to Russia.

Qatar - this is the most ridiculous thing I've heard this year. How can a country that has only one real city and only about a million inhabitants ever host a World Cup? Are all fans going to have to stay in expensive 4 star hotels as there won't be a lot of budget hotels there? Are they going to have to travel to a stadium in the middle of the desert that'll turn into dust after the world cup? How ecological is a stadium that's going to be cooled down from 45 to 20 degrees by airconditioning for each match? Can we go to clubs and drink beer on the streets during this world cup, and are we allowed to go to the beach in our shorts and bikinis? What a load of crap!!!

I hope the media is going to go for a full attack on FIFA and the Qatar World Cup now, let's bring down those bastards!
Joop20 no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 07:34 PM   #120
irving1903

Likes (Received): 27

At first i was pretty livid about the decision but now i've calmed down considerably.

Congrats to Russia & um Qatar ..... good luck.

To the Australians, Koreans, and Japanese. We all know your nations had better bids than um others.

& to my fellow Americans we WILL get 2026. no worries now.

and we can all still fly south to Brazil for 2014
irving1903 no está en línea  

Closed Thread