search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Norway > Oslo

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 9th, 2005, 03:53 PM   #261
NorthStar77
Born to run

Likes (Received): 5

Frydenberg
Carl Berner, inner city east

At an abandoned industrial site, 600 new apartments will be built, and in the middle of it there'll be a 4500 sqmeter park, "Frydenpark". The Landscape-arcitect that was given the assigment to design the park, Inger Synnøve Elsness, was allowed to do whatever she wanted with it. "If one are to call a place "Frydenpark"(english~joyfulness-park), one better make sure it is a place to enjoy", she says. The park will include a 900sqmeter "water-mirror", that it is possible to walk over. Many types of activities will be possible here, like boccia in the summer, or a small sledge hill in the winter. There will also be various fruit-trees, that not only produce fruit, but also makes good smells and colors.

20.000 sqmeter of the old industrial buildings will be maintained and used for purposes like cafe's, kindergardens, work-out studio etc.

The apartments will be finished in the period 2007-2008.

The landscape architect and the industrial site.

Article in Aftenposten: http://forbruker.no/bolig/nybygg/article1174314.ece (they write that the water-mirror will be 90sqmeters, wich is wrong)

Sponsored Links
Old December 9th, 2005, 11:07 PM   #262
skog

Likes (Received): 0

Great to see that we've got lots of affordable, low cost housing coming..
skog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2005, 08:55 PM   #263
Spearman
NWO Henchman

Likes (Received): 638

"Gode utsikter" ("Positive outlooks" or "Good views") by Lund & Slaatto Arkitekter AS is the winner of a contest held for badly needed new housing on Ensjøen (by Tiedemann Tobacco Factory). It consists of housing of 3 st. row houses down by Tøyen Hageby, with blocks of 3-7 stories elsewere. "This is in line with my vision of an open, beautiful and diverse city" says city council for urban development, Grete Horntvedt. Construction is planned in several steps. A developer has not yet been found, and it is expected to be complete by 2020.

Personally I don't think this avoids the "commie" feel; nor is it very beautiful. I'd say it brings badly needed homes, except they will not be completed in polynomic times.

All in all, I really hope Horntvedt is voted out of office in two years.
Spearman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2005, 08:35 AM   #264
NorthStar77
Born to run

I agree, it looks dull and uninventive. In other word like alot of other projects. The only good thing I can think of is that it will be sort of urban, with a couple of streets and what looks to be a square.

Do you know anything about when the construction starts, what will be built first, or how many apartments that will be built?
Old December 13th, 2005, 03:04 PM   #265
ch1le
always on

Likes (Received): 191

looks nice, i mean the mass of them is nice, how will the facades look? The layout seems quite urban to me!
ch1le no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2005, 09:59 PM   #266
Spearman
NWO Henchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStar77
I agree, it looks dull and uninventive. In other word like alot of other projects. The only good thing I can think of is that it will be sort of urban, with a couple of streets and what looks to be a square.

Do you know anything about when the construction starts, what will be built first, or how many apartments that will be built?
I forgot to link the article
Here's the link in Aftenposten: http://forbruker.no/bolig/nybygg/article1177603.ece
It says 3000-7000 apartements within 15-20 years (built in steps (that will sit well with the first tenats-construction noise for several years))
It's not approved, it's not even officially proposed and like I said, a developer hasn't yet been found, so I don't think it will be anytime soon.
Old December 13th, 2005, 11:26 PM   #267
NorthStar77
Born to run

Ahh, thanks. Ensjø-area has been under planning for a while without us having seen much results. I'm glad that something is happening.
Old December 14th, 2005, 10:56 AM   #268
NorthStar77
Born to run

Here are some illustrations of the new US embassy. There's been alot of fuss about this the latest days, especially in Labour. They don't like that one of their members voted oposite of what they wanted. And the member from The liberals that voted for the move has decided to end her career in politics.

http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2005/12/14/452212.html

Old December 15th, 2005, 02:23 AM   #269
Spearman
NWO Henchman

I'm hearing Pape is getting thrashed about for voting against his party. Now, the labor union says they will not support his canditacy for another term.

"Oh no! It's got a mind of his own! Beat it with a stick!".
Old December 15th, 2005, 09:22 AM   #270
NorthStar77
Born to run

Exactly! "Et gufs fra fortiden" as some has said.
Old December 15th, 2005, 12:04 PM   #271
skog

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStar77
Exactly! "Et gufs fra fortiden" as some has said.

NorthStar, remember that the person voting against her own party from your liberal party didnt exactly get a pat on the back either.

Any politician that votes against their own party in high profile cases get into trouble. That's just the way the business works.

As the saying goes, there are are two things in life you don't want to know how is made: Sausages and politics.
skog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2005, 12:10 PM   #272
NorthStar77
Born to run

Kåre Willoch claims that this wouldn't have happened in Høyre, but I think you are right
Old December 15th, 2005, 05:15 PM   #273
Spearman
NWO Henchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by skog
As the saying goes, there are are two things in life you don't want to know how is made: Sausages and politics.
Bismarck got that one right
The liberal lady left the party, didn't she?
Old December 21st, 2005, 07:36 PM   #274
NorthStar77
Born to run

This post is entirely about news from Fornebu!

I don't know if it has been written about this before but:

Fornebu Arena

NCC Construction AS is building the new stadium out at Fornebu for the footballclub Stabæk, with a roof and a capacity on 15.000 (25.000 on concerts). They plan to open it at 9'th of september 2007. The deal is worth 300 million NOK.

There are plans of a shopping-mall, and the local-politicians in Bærum were originally against it, but have now changed their minds. They plan to finish it in 2007/2008, and for it to have a gross area of 22.800 squaremeters.

-----

The plans for 419 apartments in Rolvsbukta are now aproved

------

Another big project is Hundsund (I had never heard about it before). The plans include a community-centre, junior highschool and 490 dwellings. People can move in here in november 2007, at the same time as the new school opens. Almost everyone here will have a view to the fjord. Architects are ARCASA ARKITEKTER.

Community-centre(in lack of better words), with the new junior high, a multi-purpose hall, swimming-hall, kindergarden etc

-------

The so-called "Åtterrekka"(also never heard of) was aproved about a month ago. 486 dwellings with room for 1200 people.

Sources for all of this:
http://www.budstikka.no/system/topicRoot/Fornebu/
http://www.baerum.kommune.no/categor...ategoryID=8922
Old January 16th, 2006, 09:14 PM   #275
Þróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 2253

^ Fornebu Arena looks good, and i think i wrote about it a few posts back with some more renderings too.

Vil ha glasshus midt i Oslofjorden
Dinside.no

Ketil Johansen har en visjon om et spennende bygg på Nesoddtangen brygge. Får han gjennomslag for ideen sin, får Oslofjorden et nytt landemerke formet som en Spinnaker som surfer på en bølge mot hovedstaden. Her skal det være hotell, SPA-anlegg og seniorleiligheter.

Privat initiativ
Ketil Johansen står bak både ideen og utviklingen av prosjektet på Nesoddtangen brygge. I hovedtrekk er det snakk om to bygninger, en spinnaker i glass, som rir på en bølge innover mot Oslo. Bølgen vil være 12 meter høy, og det 20 etasjer høye seilet vil, om det blir realisert, rage cirka 65 meter over bakken.

Men hvordan i alle dager kom han på å lage et slikt gigantbygg i glass på Nesodden?

- Prosjekt Nesoddtangen brygge er et resultat av en rekke tilfeldigheter, og det har vært en lang prosess, sier Johansen.

Han har selv skissert hvordan det nye bygget skal se ut, og bildene som er presentert her er visualisert av Petter Andreas Larsen etter Johansens skisser. Det er altså ikke et ferdigstilt arkitekttegnet bygg, men et forslag til hvordan et bygg ytterst på brygga kan se ut. Johansen legger heller ikke skjul på hvor han har hentet inspirasjon fra: Seilet i Molde, Burj Al Alrab i Dubai - og Operaen i Sydney.

- Ikke et vondt ord om den nye operaen i Bjørvika, men slik byplanene ser ut nå, ligger det nye bygget nærmest litt inneklemt i Bjørvika, sier han. - Beliggenheten ytterst på Nesoddtangen er optimal for et slikt bygg. I tillegg til å være et synlig landemerke for dem som daglig tar Nesoddbåten mellom den store halvøyen i Akershus og Aker Brygge, vil den også være synlig for de mange cruisebåtene som ankommer hovedstaden.

Timing
Er tiden moden for utbygging på Nesoddtangen? Og er Nesoddens beboere klare for et slikt bygg?

Etter at Arthur Buchardt trakk sine utbyggingsplaner på brygga, har flere politikere tolket det slik at "tiden ikke er moden" for utvikling av området, skriver han på prosjektets nettsider. Johansen mener tiden er overmoden. For å lodde stemningen i lokalsamfunnet, har han lagt ut et spørreskjema på prosjektets nettsider. Responsen har vært god, men Johansen vil ikke røpe resultatet ennå.

- Vi bearbeider resultatene i en rapport som vi håper å kunne overlevere lokalpolitikerne i løpet av februar. Før den tid, vil jeg ikke offentliggjøre utfallet, sier han. Vi klarer imidlertid å lokke ut av han at han hittil har fått både ris og ros for ideen sin.

- Jeg har oppfordret til både ris og ros - det er viktig å få hjelp til å se svakheter med produktet, samtidig som det er hyggelig med ros.

Finansieringen er ihvertfall i orden. Johansen ønsker å inngå avtale med større profesjonelle hotellkjeder eller hotelleiere til å drifte selve konferansehotellet med badeanlegget, og om han får gjennomslag for prosjektet, har Nordea Norge ASA bekreftet at de ønsker å finansiere prosjektplanen.

Multifunksjonelt
Om alt går etter planen, skal de to byggene på Nesoddtangen brygge inneholde et hotell med konferansesenter og en egen SPA-avdeling, et galleri, underjordiske parkeringsplasser, samt 50 seniorleiligheter. Johansen håper også at hotellet skal kunne fungere som et organisk kontorfellesskap for både tilreisende - og for dem som i dag pendler til kontorfelleskap i Oslo - fordi det ikke eksisterer mange nok fasiliteter på Nesodden per i dag.

Så gjenstår det bare å se om Johansen får gjennomslag for prosjektet - lokalt og politisk. Hva synes du? Er det total galskap, eller en genistrek, å bygge et slikt særpreget bygg - midt i Oslofjorden?

Nesoddtangen Brygge

A 20 story/ 65m tall tower has been proposed in Nesoddtangen, a half island the middel of Oslofjorden. The proposer behind the project, Ketil Johansen say the building will contain a hotel, a conference center and senior apartments. He say he has been inspired from famous buildings like Rica Seilet in Molde, Burj Al Arab in Dubai and Opera House in Sydney.

The building is perfectly situated in the entrance to Oslo by sea, and this is a building all tourists will notice as a spectacular landmark.

Too see some more illustrations and information about the project, go to their homepage (in Norwegian) on http://www.nesoddtangenbrygge.no/.
Þróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2006, 09:51 PM   #276
kjetilab
YIMBYer.no

Likes (Received): 268

This project looks really interresting, but I have some doubts about the realism in it. Belive Nesodden have a pretty strict height limit regulation. Not more than just a few floors.. But it looks cool. Inner Oslofjord will look quite special if all the 20 storey hotels are approved..
kjetilab no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2006, 09:58 PM   #277
Sideshow_Bob
\m/

Likes (Received): 7

/\ That would really be a great landmark for visitors arriving by boat!
Old January 16th, 2006, 10:00 PM   #278
NorthStar77
Born to run

I think this is a superp site for a project like that.

This area has been subject to much debate for years among the people at Nesodden, and the previous proposal even had a referendum, but got rejected, as the article points out. People out there are very "countryside'ish", so I have my doubts...
Old January 17th, 2006, 01:09 AM   #279
mlm
Member #109

Likes (Received): 114

That "Nesoddtangen Brygge" is truely great. When I saw it I though "Rica Seilet" right away. Not because it's a copy or too similar, but because this one will also have a fantasitc location very near the water. Could be a real landmark as others mentioned.

It will probably take a lot of hard work to make this become reality though. Be sure to keep us updated if there's any news about it.
mlm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 02:33 AM   #280
FREKI
Lord of Legoland

Likes (Received): 6249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian
Awesome... that would be reason enough alone to make me take the ferry instead of flying!

Tags
development, oslo