search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Norway > Oslo

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 22nd, 2004, 07:37 PM   #21
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 2258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatis
Besides regret for lack of highrises (but you, guys, may be expected this and are ready to hit anyone repeating this)...
Sadly, most of the projects in Oslo, and whereever else in Norway is projects with buildings under 12 floors, the buildings over 12 floors is usally quite secret, and there is impassible to find any information or images from them. I will try to post as many project as passible with buildings over 12 floors, but most larger interesting projects in Oslo contents buildings under 12 floors.
Ŝróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 23rd, 2004, 08:27 AM   #22
NorthStar77
Born to run

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenkrabber
i like that some of the plans will be like traditional housing whne the houses goes all the way around the block or alteast to the bigest part of it, i don't like houses standing one by one in a row i like when they gio around a block more,
I completely agree! And there must be a nice backyard, ofcourse

About Sjĝlyststranda: sad that the NIMBYS managed to reduce that tower from 25 (or 20?) floors to 12. I remember my first exitement when I read about this project some years ago. BTW. my train to work go by the construction site everyday...I may have to hop off there one day

About Breivoll: I have never seen Breivoll project, and didn't even know where Breivoll was until I searched it up now.

About Solsiden: Wow, awesome. This project lies in Nydalen, right next to the gargantual new Nydalen BI (school of economics). In Nydalen, so much is happening/has happened the last couple of years, that it probably deserves a separate thread! About every building seen on that map(http://cache.finn.no/mmo/4502434_solsiden_copy.jpg) is eighter renovated or recently built, and there is probably more to come. Nydalen has become the IT-powerhouse of Oslo (and hence also Norway)

Last edited by NorthStar77; August 23rd, 2004 at 08:32 AM.
NorthStar77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2004, 11:24 AM   #23
NorthStar77
Born to run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian
Sadly, most of the projects in Oslo, and whereever else in Norway is projects with buildings under 12 floors, the buildings over 12 floors is usally quite secret, and there is impassible to find any information or images from them. I will try to post as many project as passible with buildings over 12 floors, but most larger interesting projects in Oslo contents buildings under 12 floors.
Yeah, I have a feeling that despite city council setting an upper limit on 12 floors, that some projects will go ahead in silence with more than 12 floors. In the case of Bjĝrvika, the city council managed to set no upper limit whatsoever in their final decition, without it making any fuzz at all....lets just hope it remains this way
Old August 23rd, 2004, 01:02 PM   #24
Swede
forumer #29

Likes (Received): 1619

Whao! Didn't check this thread out til now. Oslo really has alot of quality shit goin' up. I like the style and the fact that they're basically infill projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagbladet
Oslo bus company tries out busses on gas. Stockholm have also started a test-project.
Well, the new 2 line (one of 4 "stamlinjer" in the Inner City) is only those busses, so it's more than just testing. btw - we've got the exact same make of those busses (ours are all blue tho).
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Ŝróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall
Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2004, 01:19 PM   #25
NorthStar77
Born to run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede
Whao! Didn't check this thread out til now. Oslo really has alot of quality shit goin' up. I like the style and the fact that they're basically infill projects.
Yeah, basically, most new residential projects are innfills. That's because most projects are very centrally located, within say 4km from the central station. The entrapeneurs don't want to erect anything that is too far away from the city centre, because of relatively bad prices there and high construction costs.

While infills certainly are a good thing, I think sometimes that it's getting too much. Many of these projects are on former playgrounds and parks, because there are no other places to build so central. Sooner or later the politicians in this city will wake up and realize that all the playgrounds are gone and the only way is up!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagbladet
Old August 23rd, 2004, 02:52 PM   #26
Gatis

Likes (Received): 590

"While infills certainly are a good thing, I think sometimes that it's getting too much. Many of these projects are on former playgrounds and parks, because there are no other places to build so central. Sooner or later the politicians in this city will wake up and realize that all the playgrounds are gone and the only way is up!"

It was interesting to read this... Riga and Oslo are in very different stages of development level but we have exactly the same discussion and several protest actions. In some cases people managed to stop the building in their courtyards, but in most - not.

Regarding the height limits set by city council - anywhere in the world they seem to be "forgotten" from time to time.
Old August 23rd, 2004, 03:05 PM   #27
NorthStar77
Born to run

More than 3 000 new dwellings in Oslo

Statistics Norway, 23 aug. 2004.

3 163 dwelling starts are registered in Oslo during the first half of 2004. This is more than three times as many as during the first six months of 2003.

13 843 dwellings are registered started in Norway during the first six months of 2004 - an increase of 29.9 per cent compared with the same period last year.

In June 2004, 3 537 dwellings were started, 1 400 of these in Oslo.

During the first six months of 2004 almost 1.8 billion square metres of utility floor space were started for other purposes than dwellings. Compared with the same period last year this is a decrease of 19.5 per cent.

The total square metres of utility floor space starts rose by 18.3 per cent in the first half of 2004 compared with the same period last year.

Edit: those graphs show the statistics for all of Norway.
Old August 23rd, 2004, 06:28 PM   #28
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Akerselva Atrium
Husmannsgate/Christian Kroghs gate - Oslo

This is a 12 storey office building proposed for downtown Oslo, not far from Radisson SAS Plaza Hotel and Posthuset. The architects are NBBJ Architects og Pran Architects, and the developer is NCC Construction. The construction is suposed to start early 2006 if the city concil approves the tower.

Old August 23rd, 2004, 07:56 PM   #29
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Helsfyr Atrium
Helsfyr - Oslo

Helsfyr Atrium is a 14 floor tall proposal. The 38 000sqm office tower has been approved once as far as i know, and was supose to start construction in 2002. I can't find any news from 2003/2004/2005 from the project, so i have no idea whats the status on the project.

Last edited by Ŝróndeimr; January 25th, 2005 at 06:03 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2004, 08:22 PM   #30
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Elvebredden
Sagene-Torshov - Oslo

Elvebredden is yeat another low residential project (i just had to post it!). The residential project contents 6 buildings with 289 apartments. The towers counts 7-9 floors. The construction has started and the first buildings is expected to be completed in 2006.

Old August 23rd, 2004, 09:03 PM   #31
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Northstar, im hoping im not stealing your thread right now, im posting what you was supose to post maybe?
Old August 23rd, 2004, 09:25 PM   #32
NorthStar77
Born to run

You do a great job on this thread Christian. I had many of these projects on my plan, but I'm grateful that you have taken time to present them instead! Keep up the good work Really, because I have limited time on my hand

About Elvebredden; nice project, not because of the architecture, but because of the location along the Aker river. It's located on the same side of the river as Rignes Park, only a few hundred meters longer up.
Old August 23rd, 2004, 09:43 PM   #33
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStar77
You do a great job on this thread Christian. I had many of these projects on my plan, but I'm grateful that you have taken time to present them instead! Keep up the good work Really, because I have limited time on my hand
Damn me, I was way to fast to post these projects, i hope i didn't destroy your thread completly! If you have any projects left i would say its your turn now, i don't feel well if i ruined your thread!!
Old August 23rd, 2004, 10:07 PM   #34
NorthStar77
Born to run

Pilestredet Park
Oslo city centre

This very centrally located apartment project has been under construction/rebuilding for a while, and will be finished in 1'st quartal of 2006. Total amounts of apartments on this former national hospital site will be 650, 500 of wich is sold already. I'm not sure of the floorcount here, but I count up to 13. The apartments are made so that energy consumption will be low, and controlled. There will be parks on the roofs accessible to all the residents.

This map shows how central the project is..no wonder the apartments are expencive as h***, and easy to sell..

The view

Last edited by NorthStar77; August 23rd, 2004 at 10:20 PM.
NorthStar77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2004, 10:09 PM   #35
NorthStar77
Born to run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian
Damn me, I was way to fast to post these projects, i hope i didn't destroy your thread completly! If you have any projects left i would say its your turn now, i don't feel well if i ruined your thread!!
Nono, Christian, you misunderstood! I have been positively surprised by your posts!! Really, I apretiate all the help I can get, and you do a great job!
Old August 23rd, 2004, 10:47 PM   #36
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStar77
Nono, Christian, you misunderstood! I have been positively surprised by your posts!! Really, I apretiate all the help I can get, and you do a great job!
Ok, still im blaming my self!!, i will try to go more carefully ahead next time.

Pilestredet Park is a great project, its really nice to see old industrial and hospital buildings change into a modern residential complex. Many of the buildings in the complex are quite well, though i could see Rikstrygdeverkets Hovedkvarter's building even nicer.

Rikstrygdeverkets, looks quite modern and nice here, but the facade to the building didn't became my favorite.
Old August 23rd, 2004, 10:58 PM   #37
NorthStar77
Born to run

Marienlyst Park
Majorstua - oslo inner west

255 apartments in 5 buildings on up to 8 floors, located at Marienlyst, next to NRK (the national TV broadcaster), close to popular Majorstua. Construction started may 2002, first residents moved in november last year. The entire project will be finished november this year.

The most important condition that the architects (Lund Hagem Arkitekter AS) had to follow, was that the area would maintain the characteristics of the 30'ies architecture of the area, but adapted to our times.

The layout of the blocks look very much like those in the area built in the 30'ies.

The location

It may look rather dull, but it was one of nine nominees for the goverment's architecture-award of 2004. 80 project was in the competition.
Old August 24th, 2004, 09:18 AM   #38
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

When i first saw Marenlyst Park rederings i trought it would become quite nice project. But im not sure i like the finall result or the result so far, it became quite boring, and i don't like the contrasts between the dark windows and glass and the white walls.
Old August 24th, 2004, 09:44 AM   #39
NorthStar77
Born to run

I wasn't too fond of those images eigther. Maybe it is just the images beeing dark. Lets hope it gets better when finished, with trees in installed and all.
Old August 24th, 2004, 08:23 PM   #40
NorthStar77
Born to run

A few smaller projects:

Grüner garden - Inside Oslo
Günerlĝkka - inner east

A former officebuilding along the Aker river is beeing rebuilt into 107 apartments these days. The apartments are very small, designed to attract young people between 18 and 35, and focus alot on beeing very urban. Unfortunately, it's very hard to find any pictures of the building, but it's on 8 floors, and built somewhere in the late 30'ies I guess in red bricks. It was the municipal building of Aker municipal until it was merged with Oslo in 1948.

This is was the only one I found..

The only drawing I found

People standing in line to see the apartments, at night

They advertise with this very fine view

Baglerbyen
Oldtown- inner east

Yet another centrally located project consisting of 290 apartments. The apartments are relatively cheap, so the first part of the project, 65 apartments, was sold out immediately. The project is designed to fit into the existing wooden houses in the area, hence very low for the most part.

Sogn terrasse
Western Oslo

167 apartments is beeing built here, right next to the preserved forest Nordmarka. 6 buildings on 7 and 8 floors. Construction started spring 2003 and will finish late next year. IMO, this project look a tad boring, looks so 1992.

Surroundings

More to come...

Tags
development, oslo