daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Norway > Oslo

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 21st, 2005, 02:33 PM   #121
NorthStar77
Born to run

Likes (Received): 5

^True, population growth in Oslo and its surroundings have been over 1% annually the last years. And the office-owners at Helsfyr have faith in the future of the area, and the trend so far is good. Big projects like Helsfyr panorama and Alnafossen Kontorpark is now almost filled with tenants.

Just so you know what I talk about; Alnafossen Kontorpark, finished 2003(i think)

And Helsfyr panorama, finished 2003(i think)

Still, there are quite alot of office-buildings that will go up in Bjørvika in the coming years, wich will slow other developements some I think.

Another project at Helsfyr is this combined apartment and office-project, Fyrstikkalléen 21.

Last edited by NorthStar77; March 21st, 2005 at 02:51 PM.
NorthStar77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 21st, 2005, 02:49 PM   #122
Moolio
Nihongo Luvr

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStar77
Still, there are quite alot of office-buildings that will go up in Bjørvika in the coming years, wich will slow other developements some I think.
I doubt it. When modern offices are built, older ones are partially abandoned. If the growth of Oslo really is as steep as you said, Oslo is going to have to take pre-emptive measures, even if it means temporary exceeding of demand. You know, you can't just make up space once the demand exceed the supply. If that happens, you have a new itä-Pasila () at your hands. With the figure you presented, I think the future of Oslo is probably the brightest of all Nordic cities.
Old March 21st, 2005, 03:03 PM   #123
NorthStar77
Born to run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moolio
With the figure you presented, I think the future of Oslo is probably the brightest of all Nordic cities.
Okay, I won't argue with you there

Another project I found just browsing NNC's website was this, Lysaker Brygge E/F, wich is the last stage of a huge developement that has been going of for some years now. Estimates are that it will be finished in the end of 2006. I count 12 floors

The only render I could find
Old March 21st, 2005, 03:23 PM   #124
Moolio
Nihongo Luvr

Likes (Received): 11

Man...I'm so jealous. It seems like all new buildings in Oslo are state-of-the-art. That building look SO good. I have to visit Oslo in the (hopefully) near future.
Old March 21st, 2005, 03:42 PM   #125
Þróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 2263

Nice, many interesting projects here. And its true, one of my Photobucket accounts (account "Cityq") is down because the monthly bandwith limit on the account has been exeeded. I hope that my account is back on track again in the first week of april. But if you really need to see the images you can just copy the adress to the photo and open it in another window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northstar77
And Helsfyr panorama, finished 2003(i think)
Correct, it was completed in march 2003.
Þróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2005, 11:27 PM   #126
NorthStar77
Born to run

Grenseveien 92 seems to just get higher and higher! I pass this building every day so, I see the change. And this is now documented by kjetilab, wich is also an editor at Emporis. According to Emporis, it will become 14 floors, while I thought a week ago that it would be 12, and a week before that 11

You can see the photos of the developement here(hope it is okay to refer to this, kjetilab): http://www.emporis.com/en/il/pc/?id=...1&yr=2005&mt=3

Kjetilab, if it was you that acquired this info; how did you get hold of it? My local borettslag, is very interested in more info. Aparently, noone is anwering the phone at the developer. They are quite concerned, but I am not http://www.etterstad.no/index.php?vis=nyhet296
Old April 13th, 2005, 01:03 AM   #127
NorthStar77
Born to run

Some news:

A possible giant skijump could be decided build next week

Holmenkollen is not top notch anylonger, and now the skiiing-association will decide wheter to build a giant ski-flying hill at Rødkleiva, behind Holmenkollen, or upgrade the existing Vikersund, some 40-50 km from Oslo. Upgrading Vikersund is much cheaper, but building a new hill at Rødkleiva will be more spectacular, and will draw far more spectators, since it is so accessible from the city. But neighbours and others object to a new hill at Rødkleiva.

A render of a possible new hill. Flying 250 meters will not be impossible here.

Source: aftenposten.no

---------------------

Figths between politicians may stop major traffic improvements

The current motorway in the western suburb of Sandvika

All over Oslo and Akershus(the two counties making up greater Oslo area), there are important road and public transport projects waiting to be financed.
Oslo-package 3 will be a package of many of these projects, financed by the trafficants and the state(there have been a "Oslopakke" before and "Oslopakke 2" is underway). A total of 31 billion kroner(2,35 billion USD) will be used over a period of 15 years, starting in 2008.

However, the politicians wildly disagrees on what projects to use the money on, and that may eventually lead to no Oslo-package 3 at all. The conservatives in Oslo have stated that without a new westbound motorway, and a new motorway-tunnel southbound, there will be no package. Conservatives in Akershus says the same about a new westbound motorway.

The leftside are against prioritizing "the west-corridor". The new double-track railroad westwards must be finished first, they argue, so that people get used to taking the trains into town, before a new motorway can be built. Besides, it shouldn't only be the westside that get money for roads, Follo and Romerike should get their parts too, they claim.

They disagree on alot of other things too, but I wont bother to write more Here is a list showing all the wanted projects. As you can see, they sum up to quite alot more than 31 billions..

Source: aftenposten.no
----------------------------------

Neighbours object to Ensjø-plans

Finally, the first plans for Ensjø is revealed. OSOS plans to build 149 apartments in 3 houses on 7 floors. Neighbours, that was originally very positive to the plans, and the aproved regulations, are now now equally negative and disapointed and says that the regulations are broken on several areas on this new project.

First of all, they have increased the floorcount 2 floors, and they have not planned to build traditional city blocks, but separate buildings instead. Exsisting parkinglots and playground have will not be replaced, and the buildings will be nearer eachother than originally allowed. 22 meters vs 31 meters. I must say I agree with the neighbours here. OBOS are too obsessed in traditional thinking, in a 50'ies kind of way(their glory-days), and not too focused on making good urban spaces. They should atleast have made city-blocks, imo.

Source: aftenposten.no and obos.no

-------------------

And while we are at it; Økern Torgvei at Oslo east.

Another housing-project by OBOS, with 300 apartments in 9 buildings.

--------------------

Last news for me today:
Oslo had its biggest growth in population since 1946 last year

Oslo city had 529 846 people at 1.st of january this year. That is an increase on 7 960 people, wich is 1.5%. A large share of the growth happens because of more people moving in, and this again comes from increased number of apartments beeing built.

Oslo had 28% of the entire population growth in Norway last year. If we include Akershus, it was 47% of the growth. The population in Akershus grew by 1.1%.

Baby-boom
It's not only people moving in that contributes to population growth. Oslo had more than 8 000 child births last year, one of the biggest numbers since 1946. This is partially because Oslo has alot of women in fertile age now.

Oslo's annual population growth, since 1990:
1990: 3280
1991: 5797
1992: 6013
1993: 4327
1994: 5620
1995: 5258
1996: 6134
1997: 4900
1998: 3174
1999: 4600
2000: 1259
2001: 3863
2002: 4812
2003: 4485
2004: 7960
Old April 13th, 2005, 03:45 AM   #128
Parzival
Babelous

Likes (Received): 3

Okey, Oslo isn't known to be a highrise city, but I've to say they got scandinavia's greatest skyline. They got two highrises that are side by side.
Parzival no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2005, 08:56 AM   #129
NorthStar77
Born to run

^And there will soon be more
Old April 13th, 2005, 10:31 AM   #130
tournesol

Likes (Received): 41

Woauw! That some heavy infrastructural investments you've got planned for Oslo.
Over how many years are all this to be build?
tournesol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2005, 10:43 AM   #131
NorthStar77
Born to run

Quote:
Originally Posted by tournesol
Woauw! That some heavy infrastructural investments you've got planned for Oslo.
Over how many years are all this to be build?
Not all will be built, since the costs of these projects are on 45-50 billions, and the total amount of money in Oslopakke 3 will be "only" 31 billions. There is alot at stake here. If you want to read more, see
this article, and this comment.

It all have a timeframe on 15 years, starting in 2008, so it won't be finished until 2023 or so. Therefore, what will not make it into Oslopakke 3, will not be built for decades to come. So, again, there is ALOT at stake!
Old April 23rd, 2005, 02:46 PM   #132
Þróndeimr
Adventurous!

- Oslo trenger et signalbygg

Oslo trenger et spektakulært signalbygg for å lokke til seg arkitekturinteresserte. Det mener Oslo Promotion, som skal markedsføre hovedstaden for turister.

Oslo Promotion er positive til ideen om å lansere Oslo til europeisk arkitekturhovedstad, som norske arkitekter vil foreslå. Men da trenger Oslo et skikkelig signalbygg, mener Tor Sannerud, administrerende direktør i Oslo Promotion.

- Man må bestemme seg i forkant om man vil bygge noe som er så spektakulært at det gir internasjonal gjenklang.

Et signalbygg kan defineres som et bygg som er et landemerke i en by og som du kjenner igjen en by ved. Sannerud mener at operabygget som bygges i Bjørvika ikke er det signalbygget Oslo trenger.

- Men det er Operaen i Sydney og Snøhettas bibliotek i Alexandria. Det er bygg som etter en stund blir stående på egne ben uten noe stedsnavn knyttet til seg, og allikevel vet man hvor dette er.

Nye bygg
Det er ikke først for fremst bygningene som allerede eksisterer som altså skal lokke turistene til Oslo. Det er alt som skal bygges i hovedstaden de neste 10-15 årene. Nesten én million kvadratmeter spredt ut over hele byfjorden fra øst til vest skal bygges ut.

Det er allerede store internasjonale arkitektnavn inne i bildet, som Renzo Piano på Tjuvholmen, Rem Koolhaas på Vestbanen, Wini Maas i Bjørvika hvor også vår egen Kjetil Trædal Thorsen og Snøhetta bygger operaen.

Erling Lae, byrådsleder i Oslo, er helt uenig i at den nye operaen i Bjørvika ikke er et godt nok signalbygg. Han mener man ikke trenger å bygge enda et signalbygg.

- Hvis Sydney-operaen er identitetskapende for Sydney, så er jammen den nye operaen identitetskapende for Oslo, sier Lae.

Han er svært positiv til arkitektenes ønske om å gjøre Oslo til en europeisk arkitekturhovedstad.

- Vi har jo muligheter for å koble dette til søknaden om Oslo som kulturby. Vi kan forme den nye byen uten at det skjer på bekostning av det eksisterende.

Erling Fossen, kjent som urbanist, har ikke tro på Oslo som arkitekturhovedstad.

- Det har ikke vært kultur i Oslo for å bry seg om arkitektur. Når en ser på de byggene som er bygget i det siste, så er sjansen veldig stor for at man bare får standard «Epa-arkitektur» framover. Det eneste bygget som peker seg ut, og som det derfor har vært mye bråk om, er det nye biblioteket på Vestbanen.

In English:

- Oslo needs a signalbuilding

Oslo needs a signalbuilding sais Tor Sannerud, administrative manager in Oslo Promotion. If Oslo want to become a a architectural capital in Europe it needs a spectacular signal building which will become international as the opera is Sydney or the library in Alexandria. He sais the new opera building is not the signal building Oslo needs to draw attention. Oslo need something more, and this is the opportunity. Famous architect firms as Renzo Piano, Rem Koolhaas, Snøhetta is already apart of the fjordcity project, and several other architect firms is involved.
Old April 24th, 2005, 02:17 AM   #133
kjetilab
YIMBYer.no

Likes (Received): 277

Hi NorthStar77.
Obtaining the information about Grenseveien 92 was quite easy. Some of it I found on the construction site(on a large poster) and the rest at the Plan og Bygningsetaten in Vahls gate 1 The correct number of floors is 13 according to what I found.

I've been a couple of times on Helsfyr lately to check out status for Helsfyr Atrium and Grenseveien 92, and since my father works in Helsfyr Panorama, I can get some good photos from there..
And feel free to refer to any picture I've taken on Emporis. Just nice that someone is interrested..
kjetilab no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2005, 02:53 AM   #134
Parzival
Babelous

Likes (Received): 3

Is chevy a common car in Norway? American cars, are they popular?
Parzival no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2005, 04:21 PM   #135
Þróndeimr
Adventurous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjetilab
I've been a couple of times on Helsfyr lately to check out status for Helsfyr Atrium and Grenseveien 92,
Do you know more about when the construction might start? The construction of commercial buildings is supose to increase a lot this year so might we see construction to start this year or 2006?
Old April 25th, 2005, 01:14 PM   #136
kjetilab
YIMBYer.no

I have no idea. The project have been postphoned a lot of times, and I haven't seen any activity on the construction site yet. But Helsfyr Atrium looks really cool, so I hope they start soon. No info about when they will start on their homepages either...
Old April 25th, 2005, 01:29 PM   #137
Þróndeimr
Adventurous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjetilab
I have no idea. The project have been postphoned a lot of times, and I haven't seen any activity on the construction site yet. But Helsfyr Atrium looks really cool, so I hope they start soon. No info about when they will start on their homepages either...
Ok, i was incontact with the owners in 2003, but they said the construction has been cancelled for 2003/2004. But thats a long time ago now.
Old April 26th, 2005, 01:50 AM   #138
NorthStar77
Born to run

Looking forward for some photos from Helsfyr Panorama, kjetilab.

I was out taking some contruction-pics myself today, of highrises under contruction. You'll have to bear with the extraordinary sharp and low sunlight.

Grenseveien 92

Then a few of Waldemars hage, wich I started this thread with. It is supposed to be 12 towers on 12 floors when it's finished, 6 of them in first construction phase. I could only count 11 floors on the 2 that was topped out though. Again I apology for the sun, and all the trees that came in my way.

Doesn't look tall at all from the other side. But those are not topped out yet either.

Keysersgate 13. Opened about a month ago. Only 11 floors, but 47 meters. Some sort of court building.

I made a bunch of other photos today, wich I will throw into a thread another day.
Old April 26th, 2005, 09:25 AM   #139
Þróndeimr
Adventurous!

Wow great images NS. Nice to see Waldemars hage, didn't know the construction has gone so far yet.
Old April 27th, 2005, 08:16 PM   #140
kjetilab
YIMBYer.no

Nice pictures NorthStar77
The sun is difficult to do anything about
Some pictures of the inside of Helsfyr Panorama here: http://www.emporis.com/en/il/pc/?id=138279&aid=8
Pictures of Strømsveien 131 and Statens kontorbygg taken from Helsfyr Panorama here:
http://www.emporis.com/en/il/im/?id=349430
and here: http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=165724

Got to check out Waldemars Hage again soon.

Tags
development, oslo