daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Should the US build or improve it's HSR network?
Yes 249 89.57%
No 29 10.43%
Voters: 278. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 6th, 2010, 10:15 PM   #1761
manrush
Agenda 21 Advocate

Likes (Received): 499

As would everyone over at resistance-to-change.net, excuse me, railroad.net.
manrush no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2010, 10:52 PM   #1762
HyperMiler
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

HSR Holocaust inquisition fever has spread into Florida. Florida governor ordered a review of SNCF's role in Holocaust.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story...44124&catid=19

Quote:
"I have been made aware of a concern that has been raised about a company and their participation in Florida's High Speed Rail project and its involvement with the Holocaust during World War II. I, like many others, have been touched by the stories told of those tragic days in world history, and am personally offended by this latest information.

"Therefore, I have instructed our Secretary of Transportation, Stephanie Kopelousos, and her team to review these allegations and insure that all prospective participants in Florida's High Speed Rail project strictly meet all the qualifications criteria under state and federal law."

The governor said he wants to make sure all participants in the bidding comply with state and federal laws.
HyperMiler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2010, 10:59 PM   #1763
HyperMiler
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Indian View Post
Also why is the holocaust the only important event?
Because it affected Jews, the dominant force in US politics and finance.
Also Japanese are covered by this law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoPro View Post
this bill sounds pretty ridiculous to me. shouldn't this law be applied to the auto industry too?
In auto industry, buyers are private. It is public money that's paying for the construction of HSR lines, so standards are different.

Quote:
i would crap myself if the chinese or the korean get selected..
Actually these two are the strongest bidders.

Chinese : Cheapest prices and fattest financing, assuming they could dodge IPR lawsuits and FRA's safety approval.
Korean : The cheapest UIC compliant model on the market(Shinkansen and CRH aren't UIC crashworthiness standard compliant and may not get FRA approval). IPR lawsuit free.
Old September 7th, 2010, 01:09 AM   #1764
xerxesjc28

Likes (Received): 1210

Well with these standards you can't have China either, least we forget about Tibet.

Originally Posted by aceflamingo23:http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=1108
xerxesjc28 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2010, 03:39 AM   #1765
Simfan34
Complainer-in-Chief

Likes (Received): 2463

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerxesjc28 View Post
Well with these standards you can't have China either, least we forget about Tibet.
But the Tibetans aren't Jews. I half-believe the Chinese are behind this whole thing.
Old September 7th, 2010, 05:02 AM   #1766
hoosier

Likes (Received): 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgk920 View Post
Heck, there are some left-wing hotheads here in the USA who are demanding reparations for SLAVERY
There are no major leftist groups or prominent leftists calling for reparations.

There are groups advocating for anything and everything in this country.
Old September 7th, 2010, 05:07 AM   #1767
Bandit

Likes (Received): 6

Unlike how many Native Americans and African slaves that died Americans are like innocent little girls compared to eveyone else. Love the hypocrisy. Hey here's an idea. Since the Chinese built the railroad in the US and Native Americans were killed because of the railroad... the Chinese are at fault for the slaughter of Native Americans. How about China didn't go to war with the US to stop slavery... China was at fault for the African slave trade.

I love how people act as if none of you haven't done worse than you accuse others.

Let me tell you how in works in the US and pretty much the Western world. Everytime someone wants to do something, there's always someone else that wants to stop it and they'll use any means necessary to accomplish it. Just like using Tibetans as an excuse to stop China for about everything. And what have you done but only give lip-service to the Tibetans. You're just using them because of your personal fears of the future and not for the Tibetans. Just like what's happening here. Pretty narrow minded to think only Jews and now trying believe some fiendish plot by China are behind it.

Last edited by Bandit; September 7th, 2010 at 05:21 AM.
Bandit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2010, 05:20 AM   #1768
Simfan34
Complainer-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Unlike how many Native Americans and African slaves that died Americans are like innocent little girls compared to eveyone else. Love the hypocrisy. Hey here's an idea. Since the Chinese built the railroad in the US and Native Americans were killed because of the railroad... the Chinese are at fault for the slaughter of Native Americans. How about China didn't go to war with the US to stop slavery... China was at fault for the African slave trade.

I love how people act as if none of you haven't done worse than you accuse others.
I don't think anyone in this thread supports the legislation at hand, IMHO.
Old September 7th, 2010, 06:29 AM   #1769
xerxesjc28

Quote:

Let me tell you how in works in the US and pretty much the Western world. Everytime someone wants to do something, there's always someone else that wants to stop it and they'll use any means necessary to accomplish it. Just like using Tibetans as an excuse to stop China for about everything. And what have you done but only give lip-service to the Tibetans. You're just using them because of your personal fears of the future and not for the Tibetans. Just like what's happening here. Pretty narrow minded to think only Jews and now trying believe some fiendish plot by China are behind it.
I do not think anyone in this thread disagrees with you, we are all being sarcastic and are furious at this obvious attempt by some politicians who are catering the most extremist views in their community to win a few more votes.

And for his own good, my governor, Charlie Christ better not follow their lead.

Originally Posted by aceflamingo23:http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=1108
Old September 7th, 2010, 05:48 PM   #1770
HyperMiler
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simfan34 View Post
But the Tibetans aren't Jews. I half-believe the Chinese are behind this whole thing.
Don't worry, you will have Hollywood followers of Dalai Lama protesting against Chinese HSR bid soon. When movie stars are against China, press takes a notice
Old September 7th, 2010, 08:13 PM   #1771
miamipaintball

Likes (Received): 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMiler View Post
Because it affected Jews, the dominant force in US politics and finance.
Also Japanese are covered by this law.

In auto industry, buyers are private. It is public money that's paying for the construction of HSR lines, so standards are different.

Actually these two are the strongest bidders.

why should standards be different? what they are complaining about happened 60 years ago, its doesnt matter into days affairs

also i bet alot of jews drive Porsche( designed tanks), Mercedes or bmw( made engines for tanks and airplanes)

so the law is very hypocritical
miamipaintball no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2010, 08:16 PM   #1772
manrush
Agenda 21 Advocate

Likes (Received): 499

I wonder how many false arguments against high-speed rail can be made over at Resistance-to-change.net?

Excuse me, Railroad.net.
manrush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2010, 08:26 PM   #1773
Matthieu
Administrateur

Likes (Received): 5683

With the hysteria spreading to Florida it starts sounding like politicians having interests with car and plane industries are more using the holocaust (and its million of deaths) as well as this good old xenophobia against France (since the 2003 Iraq War, and to a lesser extent against Germany) to push for the project to be buried.
Old September 7th, 2010, 10:24 PM   #1774
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMiler View Post
Don't worry, you will have Hollywood followers of Dalai Lama protesting against Chinese HSR bid soon. When movie stars are against China, press takes a notice
Oh you mean the same people who shelved the Red Dawn remake because Avatar made more money in China than any other market besides the US? Don't want entire studios' movies being banned in China even with the 20 foreign film limit. Pretty soon the worthless Hollywood gods that you worship will be put in their place.
Old September 8th, 2010, 12:11 AM   #1775
Simfan34
Complainer-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypermiller View Post
Don't worry, you will have Hollywood followers of Dalai Lama protesting against Chinese HSR bid soon. When movie stars are against China, press takes a noticel
I seriously hope so. I simply do not want the Chinese building our HSR system, or anything in this country, for that matter.
Old September 8th, 2010, 12:28 AM   #1776
Bandit

I know. It was better when the Chinese who built US railroads as slaves. Paying them now is just insulting.
Old September 8th, 2010, 03:15 AM   #1777
dl3000

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
I know. It was better when the Chinese who built US railroads as slaves. Paying them now is just insulting.
While the irony is not lost on me, your sarcasm and pro-China zeal are unfounded. A government agency is leading the construction of HSR, the transcon was built by unregulated robber barons like Stanford. Apples and oranges if you ask me. The Chinese have been siphoning technologies from other operations and amalgamating them into some undertested mishmash. I don't want their lack of experience building CA's HSR.
Old September 8th, 2010, 03:30 AM   #1778
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl3000 View Post
While the irony is not lost on me, your sarcasm and pro-China zeal are unfounded. A government agency is leading the construction of HSR, the transcon was built by unregulated robber barons like Stanford. Apples and oranges if you ask me. The Chinese have been siphoning technologies from other operations and amalgamating them into some undertested mishmash. I don't want their lack of experience building CA's HSR.
Is there something wrong with being pro-China? Let me guess yes because of China's human rights record? Just like your human rights record? Or how you started a war based on lies and false evidence? I can point to many instances post-Holocaust where the West has sponsor slaughters and pogroms around the world.

And you seriously believe that HSR will become reality in California? Like I pointed out before... when someone wants something, there's always someone else that wants to stop it. That's why nothing ever or takes many times longer to get things done in California. Like Californians will take rail routinely. Oh yeah it'll be popular in the beginning but after... Who ride trains in car-loving California? So if you think I'm hoping for China to build US rail. No, I'm not. If there's as much petty nationalism and patriotism and bigotry and hypocrisy as this thread has shown then the US deserves to buy more expensive than its worth trains you so dearly want that no one is going to ride anyway.
Old September 8th, 2010, 05:14 AM   #1779
xerxesjc28

Chill out, or you won't last long here.

Old September 8th, 2010, 06:24 AM   #1780
đđeůx
Still Comin' Out Strong

Likes (Received): 1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simfan34 View Post
I seriously hope so. I simply do not want the Chinese building our HSR system, or anything in this country, for that matter.
If I'm right doesn't the winning bidder have to manufacture right here in the US?

Tags
amtrak, desertxpress, fly california, high speed rail, northeast corridor, texas triangle, united states