daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 11th, 2010, 06:14 AM   #21
Comfortably Numb
Goddess of Winter

Likes (Received): 309

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-275westcoastfl View Post
Florida is very bad with DUI's, we have a lot of alcoholics, tourists, etc. Our cities lack mass transit and things are spread out so of course after a party many drunks hit the road, I've seen it many times.
Florida is BAD, but South Florida is the worst I've seen. I have known co-workers who have practically bragged about driving while drunk. The expressways here are deathtraps at night; you can tell that so many drivers are not only reckless beyond life itself, but are quite possibly drunk out of their minds.
Comfortably Numb no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 12th, 2010, 06:41 AM   #22
Paddington

Likes (Received): 1261

I actually don't like driving unless I've had some alcohol to drink. It's funner that way.
Paddington no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2010, 03:54 AM   #23
ScraperDude
lagom

Likes (Received): 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb View Post
Florida is BAD, but South Florida is the worst I've seen. I have known co-workers who have practically bragged about driving while drunk. The expressways here are deathtraps at night; you can tell that so many drivers are not only reckless beyond life itself, but are quite possibly drunk out of their minds.
I agree! I lived in Ft. Lauderdale for 5 years and my roomate drove home drunk and was caught by BSO and they called my cellphone at 2am they had him pulled over right in front of our building. I walked down in my pjs because police wanted me to take his car and park it. I spoke to him while they had him handcuffed and in the back of the police car. Smelled like vodka. He went to jail. Got a lawyer and got off with no charges! I couldn't believe it. He's my friend and I wish nothing bad but the fact he didn't get charged was shocking. It's like a slap on the wrist and free to go.
Old December 13th, 2010, 02:08 PM   #24
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2087

In Italy the problem is present but not dramatic. We usually don't have the "drink till I pass out" attitude (even if this is rapidly changing, especially for younger generations).
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2010, 06:35 PM   #25
Fargo Wolf
Resident Smartass.

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus Brage View Post
Only 90 days and you don't have to take another drive-exam to regain your drivers license? That is soft.

If you exceed 0.2 ‰ in Sweden you loose your drivers license for a maximum of 3 years, and you will never regain it as long as you don't pass the exam again. Also you could end up in jail for maximum of 6 months.

If your blood contains more than 1 ‰ of alcohol you will go to jail for a maximum of 2 years.

But as I wrote if you drive drunk and cause an accident involving death of others the sentence maybe longer as for the hungarian truckdriver who was sentenced to 4 years of imprisonment.
It gets worse. The Govt. is now REVIEWING the new laws, because of complaints from the bar/pub/restaurant industry. They claim the new laws have greatly hurt their business. ******* Bleeding Heart Govt.
Fargo Wolf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2010, 10:03 PM   #26
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

In Slovenia drink&drive problem is pretty substantial, but it is getting better.
Fines (average monthly netto wage is about 950 €):
- from 0,5 g/l to 0.8 - 450 € and 7 points into driving licence (out of 18)
- from 0.8 to 1.1 - 570 € and 9 points into driving licence (out of 18)+immediate prison until being sober
- from 1.1 to 1.5 - 950 € and 10 points into driving licence (out of 18)+immediate prison until being sober
- above 1.5 - at least 950 € and 18 points into driving licence - this means you lose driving licence for ALL categories forever. After 6 months you may again do new driving licence, but you must do it for all categories you lost (takes quite some time and a lot of money, if you're a bus or truck driver). Also you automatically lose drivers licence forever if you don't want to participate at alcohol or drugs control.

There is a new law in proposal, for upper points there will be fines 600 (8 points out of 18), 900 (16 points) an 1200 € (18 points) respectively. You will lose your drivers license forever for all categories already at 1,1 l/g (that's about 4-5 large beers). Also being on drugs you will also automatically lost driving licence forever with at least 1200 € fine (now you get 10 out of 18 points+950 € fine).

Now, this last point about losing driver licence forever exist already 12 years, but in first years there were about 100-150 drivers per night on Saint Martin Saturday with at least 1,5 g/l (so they lost drivers licence), nowadays there are just few through whole country. Driving culture got much better during last years.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2010, 09:43 PM   #27
magistrserega

Likes (Received): 0

Drunk driver damaged 20 cars in Moscow.

This movie can be blocked because of illegal copying. Here's a link to the website owner of this video:
http://www.lifenews.ru/video/1687

Last edited by magistrserega; December 18th, 2010 at 12:10 PM.
magistrserega no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2010, 11:26 PM   #28
Claudiopolis

Likes (Received): 403

Quote:
Originally Posted by magistrserega View Post
Drunk driver damaged 20 cars in Moscow.
I really hope that all those beating the guilty driver were arrested and sent to jail!
Claudiopolis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2010, 12:22 AM   #29
I-275westcoastfl

Likes (Received): 790

I applaud them, good job! Drinking and driving, trying to evade police, and damaging other people's cars. He deserved it! In the USA the cops would be fired and all those people would be sued and the guy would get off free.
I-275westcoastfl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2010, 10:29 AM   #30
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudiopolis View Post
I really hope that all those beating the guilty driver were arrested and sent to jail!
I really hope that you were just joking...
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2010, 11:49 AM   #31
magistrserega

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudiopolis View Post
No one was arrested, only a drunk driver. He said that he was ruled by aliens at this moment.
magistrserega no está en línea   Reply With Quote