daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 20th, 2010, 06:56 PM   #201
CasaMor
Africator | Moroccator

OK, stop! It was your last useless post in this thread, you made it unreadable enough! If you want to make a nice comment about the moroccan trains or the rail stations, you're welcome. If you want to make a new joke about Morocco, you will receive an infraction.

Sponsored Links
Old August 20th, 2010, 07:03 PM   #202
Muttie

Likes (Received): 1348

If his comments actually were true or had some good points, it would have been a good contribution. But all I see are assumptions, while they are already countered. The main trainstations are clean and will be clean for a long time. Its kind of sad (somehow pathetic) that a person like Isek wants to compare Germany with Morocco and even he fails with that, it appears that Germany has much more crap ass trainstations and trains than the 1000 times poorer Morocco. Hmmm.. Oh, and no Isek we will never have that much trainstations as germany, simply because the whole urban lay-out is different and Morocco will not ever reach the population of Germany. The current network is sufficient and will grow when needed. Your points have too many flaws in them, thats why you desperatly try to change the subject to population size, and trying to claim Moroccans breed like crazy - while the total fertility rate is 2.23 children born/woman (2010 est.) which is well below the world average of 2.56.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...af&rank=108#mo

Above all, the most saddest post was the post with the link to sattelite images of so called run-down quarters. Every Moroccan which has been to Tanger knows that those areas are actually empty pieces of land where the land owner has not started to build something. So yes, those are patches of sand between buildings. Apparently, as a so called Morocco-visitor, you don't appear to know anything about that.

Last edited by Muttie; August 20th, 2010 at 07:15 PM.
Muttie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2010, 08:19 PM   #203
Isek

Likes (Received): 1226

Quote:
Originally Posted by filsdupetit View Post
I'm very relax, you just have to stop, saying crap about my country! casamor warned you! we're very nice peple, but i assure you, you don't want as to put our angry face! so what a'm asking is not musch! PLEASE just stop making bad comments on EVERY morrocan thread in the international section! period!
Hey, that's very untrue. 99 % of all time i am just watching doing no comments. I just do not understand, why so many people are hyping their country and not giving a representative view on the things. Just look at compare-able German threads. They are showing the nice AND ugly things. They discuss problems not only visions or the newest new plans and technology. If there are hundreds of photos showing new and beautiful Moroccan train sets one should also mention that there is some problem to keep them maintained. It seems for me that some of you give a picture of your country that has little to do with the actual situation. Morocco is on advance that's very good, but give a realistic picture for somebody that has never been to Morocco.

That's my point and now we can go back to topic and i will avoid making comments that drive the moroccan soul mad.

Africa today

Africa someday

and a nice picture - i guess somewhere around Meknes..

I found this on
http://bahnpics.com/nil/2010%20Marokko/Marokko10.htm
This is really an impressive documentation about a German that travels Morocco just to see the railway! That guy must be awesome, he is tracking is journeys with GPS and uploads the data to Googlemaps.
http://maps.google.ch/maps?f=q&sourc...28374&t=h&z=12

Isek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2010, 06:28 AM   #204
[Prinny Man]
Mah *****h

Likes (Received): 1000

Thank you.

You should visit our Forum, you'll see that we are talking about problems too !

The TGV thread for example !
Old August 21st, 2010, 10:50 AM   #205
Isek

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Prinny Man] View Post
Thank you.

You should visit our Forum, you'll see that we are talking about problems too !

The TGV thread for example !
It's just about my bad French. But i know that there is a hot discussion about the need and the big amount of money that has to spent on the HSR. It seems that Morocco wants to push Tanger to the second economic metropolis after Casa. Oki, Tanger is already the second largest economic spot, but i guess the king wants more. What i wonder is, that there is comparably so little investment in the cities of Meknes and Fes. Their region is even more populous than Tanjah - Titwan. For me there is a huge difference in the prosperity of Fes compared to Tanjah also Fes is - until now - bigger and histrical much more improtant for Morocco. There are a lot of leading people coming from Fes but now settled down in Rabat/Casa and they are doing not really much for their hometown. It seems they want to concentrate growth around the coastline.
Old August 21st, 2010, 07:48 PM   #206
filsdupetit
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Developments in fes:

Melrose country house:

Oueed Fes:

FesShore(IT city):

Ressurection of the old river:

Ain chkaf new city:

New fes teaching hospital
[IMG]http://i43.************/20rryow.jpg[/IMG]

plage de fes:

A new mall:

Plus the biggest highway in morocco(fes oujda) and very sour Marrakech Fes then Fes tetouan!

So no fes is not left behind! and please for the 100th time stop polluating the moroccan threads, with this kinde of stuff, so here we talk about the TRAINS! so unless you want to talk about trains in fes or wathever your favorite city is, yo go ahead, if you want to talk about something else, it's definitely not the right place!

by the way look at what you've done? the thread is unreadable!!!!!! and the list goes on and on...
filsdupetit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2010, 10:04 PM   #207
Isek

Quote:
by the way look at what you've done? the thread is unreadable!!!!!! and the list goes on and on...
Why are you crying? I was mentioning that there is a lot of rail infrastructure development along the coastline. The tracks between Meknes and Fes are nice but what about the tracks between Meknes and Sidi Kacem?
Old August 22nd, 2010, 12:48 AM   #208
filsdupetit
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isek View Post
Why are you crying? I was mentioning that there is a lot of rail infrastructure development along the coastline. The tracks between Meknes and Fes are nice but what about the tracks between Meknes and Sidi Kacem?
i'm gonna let you answer yourself

Quote:
What i wonder is, that there is comparably so little investment in the cities of Meknes and Fes
so i was just answering you! but the main point is that we're in the fu*ing railway section and you're fu*ing making it unreadable with all your bullshit about the piramid of age and the "lack" of investment in fes! it's about fu*ing trains! we don't want your opignon! GET OUT OF HERE!

Last edited by filsdupetit; August 22nd, 2010 at 12:56 AM.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 06:33 AM   #209
[Prinny Man]
Mah *****h

LoL...

Oh come on filsdupetit !

Peace ! :o
Old August 22nd, 2010, 12:09 PM   #210
Muttie

Likes (Received): 1348

Quote:
It's just about my bad French. But i know that there is a hot discussion about the need and the big amount of money that has to spent on the HSR. It seems that Morocco wants to push Tanger to the second economic metropolis after Casa. Oki, Tanger is already the second largest economic spot, but i guess the king wants more. What i wonder is, that there is comparably so little investment in the cities of Meknes and Fes. Their region is even more populous than Tanjah - Titwan. For me there is a huge difference in the prosperity of Fes compared to Tanjah also Fes is - until now - bigger and histrical much more improtant for Morocco. There are a lot of leading people coming from Fes but now settled down in Rabat/Casa and they are doing not really much for their hometown. It seems they want to concentrate growth around the coastline.
You already gave the answer to your own question within your own post. Fes and Meknes are HISTORICAL cities, with a lot of cultural heritage. These two cities will (just like Marrakech) focus on tourism. They are not industrial hubs, nor will they ever be industrial hubs. Also because of the fact large proportions of those cities are UNESCO heritage. Cities like Tangier and Casa are main hubs because of the location and lack of true historical sites. They are not "tourist" cities, they both have seaport-connections and they are strategically located.
Muttie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2010, 11:07 PM   #211
Tetwani
BANNED

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Volubilis and Moulay Driss are much more ancient than Fes!! Do that mean that we should invest in these two cities and repopulate Volubilis! Why not Sijilmassa by the way Fes and Meknes have already alot of investments and are not being forgeted just like every other region of the kingdom.

No Sir. The investments in Tanger-Tetouan are following a strategic logic. This region is located in such a great spot and has a huge economical potential. Between the mediterranean sea and the atlantic ocean; on an important strait and 14 km away from Europe!!!!

That's why the northern gate of Morocco is having the attention of his majesty, the gov and many economic actors.
Tetwani no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2010, 01:12 PM   #212
Isek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetwani View Post
Fes and Meknes have already alot of investments and are not being forgeted just like every other region of the kingdom.
Depends on the scale you use. For me Morocco is not very much balanced. There is a lot of movement around Tanger and at the axis Rabat - Casa. Marakkech and Agadir lives on tourism. Compared to these quite dynamic cities Fes is backward. But oki, i am just traveling Fes 4 times a year and not constantly living there.

There was a nice model at Saiss showing a new terminal and the extension of Fes airport to somewhat 10 million PAX. Last time i traveled this model was not there any more. Building a quite big airport at Fes could be some nice strategic plan to bring more growth to the central and east of Morocco.

Regarding the thread i drew an Airport RER in Fes:
http://maps.google.de/maps/ms?ie=UTF...42979&t=h&z=12
Old August 23rd, 2010, 10:51 PM   #213
filsdupetit
BANNED

Quote:
Depends on the scale you use. For me Morocco is not very much balanced. There is a lot of movement around Tanger and at the axis Rabat - Casa. Marakkech and Agadir lives on tourism. Compared to these quite dynamic cities Fes is backward. But oki, i am just traveling Fes 4 times a year and not constantly living there.

There was a nice model at Saiss showing a new terminal and the extension of Fes airport to somewhat 10 million PAX. Last time i traveled this model was not there any more. Building a quite big airport at Fes could be some nice strategic plan to bring more growth to the central and east of Morocco.

The new airport, has been approuved today, will take the capacity from 500 000 passager to 3 000 000... read the title! it's for railways!!!! can someone please delete the last 3 paes of non sens?
Old August 24th, 2010, 01:36 AM   #214
Isek

Quote:
read the title! it's for railways!!!! can someone please delete the last 3 paes of non sens?
Quote:
Old August 24th, 2010, 02:05 AM   #215
Insane alex
Stockholm rules!

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
The new airport, has been approuved today, will take the capacity from 500 000 passager to 3 000 000... read the title! it's for railways!!!! can someone please delete the last 3 paes of non sens?
Dude, chill down he was making a valid statement about trains this time. And just because you don't want to hear negativity with trains or the train network in your country doesn't mean you have to attack him personally... This a forum where we discuss matters in a civilized manner that are related to the threads. If you don't like that people have a different opinion than you i suggest you join a different forum. Here we more or less have freedom of speech. So STOP the bashing and stay on topic!

BTW, im really impressed with the hsr plans!

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=449245
Countries i've been to: Australia, Austria, Canada, Brazil, China, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Lichtenstein, Germany, The Netherlands, Latvia, Italy, UK, USA, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hong Kong.

Last edited by Insane alex; August 24th, 2010 at 05:09 AM.
Insane alex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2010, 12:29 PM   #216
Isek

I added more lines on my Fes map. I would call it City Rail Fes.

http://maps.google.de/maps/ms?ie=UTF...,0.342979&z=12
Old August 24th, 2010, 07:57 PM   #217
filsdupetit
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane alex View Post
Dude, chill down he was making a valid statement about trains this time. And just because you don't want to hear negativity with trains or the train network in your country doesn't mean you have to attack him personally... This a forum where we discuss matters in a civilized manner that are related to the threads. If you don't like that people have a different opinion than you i suggest you join a different forum. Here we more or less have freedom of speech. So STOP the bashing and stay on topic!

BTW, im really impressed with the hsr plans!
It's not about negative comments(actually a little bit, nothing seems to bee good for this guy, i think that knowing that morocco has no ressource, basically building everithing from skratch, and not just for railways, we're doing a very good job!), it's about knowing the country you're talking about, the answer to the next post will give you an example...

thanx for the support actually the railway plane gets even better! beside the 200km LGV, with a 2 billion$ investmen(really cheep, usually it costs the double, and the price includes renovation fo 5 stations for the tgv, 18 tgv, the really advanced davinci controle system for the controle centre, and the maintenance center! the TGV will also run on something between 500 and 750km of regular tracks), work will start next month, and to be completed by 2015, in the same time they are planning a 1,3 billion$ of investment in regular train system, including doubling a big part of casa marrakech line, the suppression of 50% of the level crossing in the country, refurbishing of all the old wagons... it's pretty impressive, we use to have a shitty railway network.
and the HSR network is supposed to be 1500km long by 2030, will cost of 9BnEuros, 50% of this amount is financed by the france...

Quote:
I added more lines on my Fes map. I would call it City Rail Fes.

http://maps.google.de/maps/ms?ie=UTF...,0.342979&z=12
This is exactly an example of you poor knowlege of the country! your talking about a 50km railway network in the city with 20km undergroud
do you know that casablanca witch is basically at least 4 times bigger than fes and holds 40% of our economy, has been plannig a 10 km underground for decades and still can't get it done cos it's too expensive?! you may think that all arab coutries are super rich but dude, we have no oil, no ressources, so basically we borrow money to get the stuff done, and project like this dosen't have any return on investment, basically we have to finance it by our self, and the thing is: there is no money left! project are been put on hold(nador west med, witch is supposed to be our secound main port and even bigger than tanger med...), do you think that the government dosen't want to make a metro in every city? you think that your clever, and we never thought of douing stuff like this? dude it's morocco not dubai!
Old August 25th, 2010, 12:46 AM   #218
Isek

Quote:
This is exactly an example of you poor knowlege of the country! your talking about a 50km railway network in the city with 20km undergroud
do you know that casablanca witch is basically at least 4 times bigger than fes and holds 40% of our economy, has been plannig a 10 km underground for decades and still can't get it done cos it's too expensive?!
Dude, my map is just a vision. I expect for Fes urban area at least 2 million people for 2050. At this time the city should be preprepared to manage the traffic. So i think it is quite realistic that Fes may have some urban light rail with some 20 km of tunnel sections.

Quote:
government dosen't want to make a metro in every city? you think that your clever, and we never thought of douing stuff like this? dude it's morocco not dubai!
I strongly believe the economic growth morocco had the last decade will go on. Of course it will be no leading country in 2050, but i think it will be quite comparable to what Turkey is right now in 2010. And look how many cities in Turkey have rail based public transport.
Old August 26th, 2010, 04:00 PM   #219
[Prinny Man]
Mah *****h

The works on the High Speed Line has already started.
Old August 27th, 2010, 07:17 AM   #220
filsdupetit
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Prinny Man] View Post
The works on the High Speed Line has already started.
RU sure?