daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old January 29th, 2010, 07:39 AM   #81
FazilLanka
Registered User
 
FazilLanka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kandy
Posts: 387
Likes (Received): 14

I love the interior design and the Islamic architect of the building. It looks so modern as well. Good job
FazilLanka no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2010, 08:04 PM   #82
Muttie
Registered User
 
Muttie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rotterdam - Nador - Tangier
Posts: 4,085
Likes (Received): 1348

Thnx Fazil

Anyhow, some more pictures of the Tangier trainstation:





Source google.
Muttie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2010, 10:46 PM   #83
MarcVD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brussels
Posts: 1,069
Likes (Received): 192

Is the electric traction on the Tanger line already in revenue service, or is it
still in works ?

Many thanks,

Marc.
MarcVD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2010, 12:38 AM   #84
Gadiri
Registered User
 
Gadiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Paris-Agadir-Guelmim
Posts: 52,723
Likes (Received): 6980

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcVD View Post
Is the electric traction on the Tanger line already in revenue service, or is it
still in works ?

Many thanks,

Marc.
I think, now all the north line is electric. We are now weating for TGV. Work wil be begin in few months.

Futur moroccan TGV double-deck.
Speed : 320 km/h
Unities : 18 trains.

Picture by Slaoui on moroccan forum

Last edited by Gadiri; February 21st, 2010 at 01:20 AM.
Gadiri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2010, 01:19 AM   #85
Gadiri
Registered User
 
Gadiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Paris-Agadir-Guelmim
Posts: 52,723
Likes (Received): 6980

Double-deck italian train Ansaldo-Breda.
Speed 160km/h.
Unities : 24 trains.

Pictures by Aymour on moroccan forum


Gadiri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2010, 01:32 AM   #86
Gadiri
Registered User
 
Gadiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Paris-Agadir-Guelmim
Posts: 52,723
Likes (Received): 6980

Pictures by Slaoui on moroccan forum

image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr
Gadiri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2010, 01:34 AM   #87
Gadiri
Registered User
 
Gadiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Paris-Agadir-Guelmim
Posts: 52,723
Likes (Received): 6980

By YorkTown on moroccan forum

Gadiri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2010, 01:53 AM   #88
Gadiri
Registered User
 
Gadiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Paris-Agadir-Guelmim
Posts: 52,723
Likes (Received): 6980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaoui View Post
Morocco

The ONCF ordered 20 Alstom PRIMA II Morocco is the first country to have ordered this new engine






Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaoui View Post
Others pics of the futur Prima 2 :



Morocco is the first owner of Alstom Prisma 2.

Speed
Passengers : 160 km/h
Fret : 120 km/h

Unities : 20

Pictures by Slaoui on moroccan forum


Gadiri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2010, 02:14 AM   #89
Gadiri
Registered User
 
Gadiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Paris-Agadir-Guelmim
Posts: 52,723
Likes (Received): 6980

Tanger-med railway, connect to Tanger-med harbour (most bigger Africa's harbour, capacity 8 millions containers in 2015).

42 km.
600 000 passengers per year.

In grey railway




By Muttie on morrocan forum

image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr






In purple passengers harbour



Future ro-ro Terminal building, intermodal station
7 millions passengers
700 000 trucks
Train station














[IMG]http://*************************/morocco/jpgs/passenger_terminal_tangier_odbc140908_2.jpg[/IMG]
http://*************************/morocco...al_tangier.htm

Last edited by Gadiri; February 21st, 2010 at 02:27 AM.
Gadiri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2010, 09:59 PM   #90
domtoren
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Utrecht
Posts: 2,405
Likes (Received): 1211

Are Moroccan stations always as clean as on the photos in your thread?







THE ABOVE PHOTOS were taken today in Zaandam train station (near Amsterdam). Graffiti often appear here in/on trains and stations. How does Morocco manage this problem, are stations and trains always as clean as on the photos you published or have these been taken on special days (inauguration, royal visits or similar) when everything was neatly repaired and cleaned for the occasion?
domtoren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2010, 11:33 PM   #91
Messi
Tinerci Gençlik
 
Messi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 10,058
Likes (Received): 2430

The question should be "why do Dutch train stations and trains have graffiti on them?" because the normal and natural way is not having them actually.
Messi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2010, 08:40 PM   #92
domtoren
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Utrecht
Posts: 2,405
Likes (Received): 1211

Lack of supervision and civic spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messi View Post
The question should be "why do Dutch train stations and trains have graffiti on them?" because the normal and natural way is not having them actually.
Unfortunately, we have here lots of graffiti "artists" who like to damage public spaces, and they act especially on places with no camera or human supervision like lifts for the disabled or yards where trains are parked at night. - Many of our graffiti vandals (but certainly not all!!!!) are bad boys of Moroccan origin (also see the detail photo with TETOUAN written by a vandal, the average Dutch graffiti perpetrator will write all kinds of dirty words but not Tetouan!) , according to the media at least, so seeing inmaculate stations and trains here on this thread quite surprises me, but perhaps social and police control in Morocco functions better?

Last edited by domtoren; February 22nd, 2010 at 08:53 PM. Reason: additions
domtoren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 06:02 PM   #93
pwormald
Registered User
 
pwormald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 56
Likes (Received): 12

Recent photos

Photos from a trip taken in early February 2010.
http://locopage.fotopic.net/c1813404_229.html

Electrification of Tanger line almost complete, ready in a couple of months probably
__________________
http://www.loco-photos.net/
pwormald no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 07:05 PM   #94
Autostädter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dortmund
Posts: 1,172
Likes (Received): 995

Awesome stations, modern but still traditional and with a local sense. That's the way you do it! The architect manages to do what in Europe (and especially Germany) we don't seem to be capable of anymore. I didnt expect to see such a high standart in Marocco I must confess.
Autostädter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 07:12 PM   #95
Muttie
Registered User
 
Muttie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rotterdam - Nador - Tangier
Posts: 4,085
Likes (Received): 1348

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwormald View Post
Photos from a trip taken in early February 2010.
http://locopage.fotopic.net/c1813404_229.html

Electrification of Tanger line almost complete, ready in a couple of months probably
I have to say, great photo's and many many thnx. I hope we can use them in the Moroccan forum aswell (ofcourse with credits to you)?
Muttie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 07:25 PM   #96
pwormald
Registered User
 
pwormald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 56
Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttie View Post
I have to say, great photo's and many many thnx. I hope we can use them in the Moroccan forum aswell (ofcourse with credits to you)?
Which forum? I have looked for a Moroccan rail forum for a long time now!
__________________
http://www.loco-photos.net/
pwormald no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 06:58 AM   #97
Gadiri
Registered User
 
Gadiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Paris-Agadir-Guelmim
Posts: 52,723
Likes (Received): 6980

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwormald View Post
Which forum? I have looked for a Moroccan rail forum for a long time now!
On this one : http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1684

Amazing pics !
I watch all pictures, it was like a really travel.

On moroccan forum, we don't have pictures of refurbished EMU train and Corail train. Have you ?


I thought Taourirt-Beni Nsar was a 1 line railway, and you have pictures with 2 lines in Hassi Berkane for example.

In moroccan we had thoses pictures, I don't understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timo9 View Post

Last edited by Gadiri; February 25th, 2010 at 07:29 AM.
Gadiri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 11:03 AM   #98
pwormald
Registered User
 
pwormald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 56
Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadiri View Post
On this one : http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1684
Amazing pics !
I watch all pictures, it was like a really travel.
On moroccan forum, we don't have pictures of refurbished EMU train and Corail train. Have you ?
I thought Taourirt-Beni Nsar was a 1 line railway, and you have pictures with 2 lines in Hassi Berkane for example.
In moroccan we had thoses pictures, I don't understand.
I put links on the rail forum, thanks for link. The double tracks at Hassi Berkane are only in the station area. There is a very long loop there for passing trains.
__________________
http://www.loco-photos.net/
pwormald no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 03:16 PM   #99
Uppsala
Registered User
 
Uppsala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Uppsala, S, Europe
Posts: 654
Likes (Received): 53

The railways in Morocco looks very European. And they are in very good condition too. I had used the Moroccan railways sometimes when I have been I Morocco. Train are very good there and the tracks are in very good condition. When I’m traveling in Morocco I can’t understand it is a part of Africa. The railways looks so very European.

But one thing is very interesting in Morocco. The royal train in Morocco is not European or in European style, it’s American. Look at this link down here:

http://www.phantasrail.com/royal_train.htm

It looks very American. It looks like Amtrak Amfleet coaches. And it is also built in America by Budd in 1983. The train is built for King Hassan II but I think King Mohammed VI still using te train sometimes.

I still don’t know why the royal train is American and not in European style. This is not the Moroccan tradition because Morocco has European tradition. Maybe King Hassan visited the USA and saw some of the American trains and wanted to have something like that at home? And after that he bought an American train only because he wanted it?
Uppsala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2010, 06:11 AM   #100
Gadiri
Registered User
 
Gadiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Paris-Agadir-Guelmim
Posts: 52,723
Likes (Received): 6980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppsala View Post
The railways in Morocco looks very European. And they are in very good condition too. I had used the Moroccan railways sometimes when I have been I Morocco. Train are very good there and the tracks are in very good condition. When I’m traveling in Morocco I can’t understand it is a part of Africa. The railways looks so very European.

But one thing is very interesting in Morocco. The royal train in Morocco is not European or in European style, it’s American. Look at this link down here:

http://www.phantasrail.com/royal_train.htm

It looks very American. It looks like Amtrak Amfleet coaches. And it is also built in America by Budd in 1983. The train is built for King Hassan II but I think King Mohammed VI still using te train sometimes.

I still don’t know why the royal train is American and not in European style. This is not the Moroccan tradition because Morocco has European tradition. Maybe King Hassan visited the USA and saw some of the American trains and wanted to have something like that at home? And after that he bought an American train only because he wanted it?
1- Moroccan try to reach international standars and europeans standars in everything ; infrastructure ( highways, railways, ariports, stadiums...), agriculture and fishing because our most important commercial partner is Europe...

2- I shared your "royal train" picture. Thank you for it. We didn't have it on moroccan forum.

The train look Amtrack trains. I agree about what you wrote.

Gadiri no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium