daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 8th, 2010, 02:18 PM   #161
Ωρτimuş

Likes (Received): 29

01/08/2010 Optimus

Last edited by Ωρτimuş; August 8th, 2010 at 02:28 PM.
Ωρτimuş no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 8th, 2010, 02:22 PM   #162
Ωρτimuş

01/08/2010 Optimus

Last edited by Ωρτimuş; August 8th, 2010 at 02:33 PM.
Old August 8th, 2010, 02:28 PM   #163
Ωρτimuş

01/08/2010 Optimus

Old August 9th, 2010, 01:25 PM   #164
Muttie

Likes (Received): 1347

Excellent photos once again optimus!
Muttie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2010, 08:58 PM   #165
bobke90

Likes (Received): 2

Which manufacter will built those new high speed trains?
They look beautiful (colors etc)!

Oh yes, is it possible to connect Spain with Marroco (via a tunnel)(because I think it would be an interesting line for tourist (from Marocco to Spain and from Spain, France etc to Marocco))?

grtz

Last edited by bobke90; August 10th, 2010 at 09:08 PM.
bobke90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2010, 06:32 AM   #166
dumbfword
Habitual Line Stepper

Likes (Received): 563

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobke90 View Post

Oh yes, is it possible to connect Spain with Marroco (via a tunnel)(because I think it would be an interesting line for tourist (from Marocco to Spain and from Spain, France etc to Marocco))?

grtz
Alstom most likely.
Old August 13th, 2010, 05:21 PM   #167
Gadiri

Likes (Received): 6979

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobke90 View Post

grtz

New HST will be build by Alstom. 18 TGV Duplex (double deck).

A tunnel is in project. In automn it will be presented to UE by Spain and Morocco for financement.

HST journey time from Casablanca

after Gibraltar tunnel made

FBI Says 94% of Terrorist Attacks in the US Since 1980 Are by Non-Muslims

Gadiri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2010, 09:59 PM   #168
Ωρτimuş

Z2M EMU

Flickr

Old August 14th, 2010, 10:00 PM   #169
Ωρτimuş

Z2M Double Decker EMU

Flickr

Old August 14th, 2010, 10:03 PM   #170
Ωρτimuş

01/08/2010 Optimus

Old August 14th, 2010, 10:04 PM   #171
Ωρτimuş

01/08/2010 Optimus

Old August 17th, 2010, 11:36 AM   #172
Isek

Likes (Received): 1226

Last time i traveled those Z2M EMU from Fes to Rabat several times. It is so crazy to see how fast things go crappy in Morocco. People do not have any respect for public spaces, public properties. Some train sets look like they have been in service for decades. Damaged windows and seats, toilets disgusting and dirt everywhere. Really sad to see. Oki it is really lovely to see many children and Morocco is very child friendly, but is it really necessary to allow everything? They play with their dirty shoes like crazy ontop the seats. They eat sweets non stop and put them also everywhere from the windows to the armrests. I wonder how the new HS trains will be treated by the riders.
Isek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 11:50 AM   #173
[Prinny Man]
Mah *****h

Likes (Received): 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isek View Post
Last time i traveled those Z2M EMU from Fes to Rabat several times. It is so crazy to see how fast things go crappy in Morocco. People do not have any respect for public spaces, public properties. Some train sets look like they have been in service for decades. Damaged windows and seats, toilets disgusting and dirt everywhere. Really sad to see. Oki it is really lovely to see many children and Morocco is very child friendly, but is it really necessary to allow everything? They play with their dirty shoes like crazy ontop the seats. They eat sweets non stop and put them also everywhere from the windows to the armrests. I wonder how the new HS trains will be treated by the riders.
Yes it's sad... But it's the parents fault ! Last time i've seen a kid doing this, i kicked him in "it's" mothers face. And she said : "You did right !"
Old August 17th, 2010, 12:08 PM   #174
Isek

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Prinny Man] View Post
Yes it's sad... But it's the parents fault ! Last time i've seen a kid doing this, i kicked him in "it's" mothers face. And she said : "You did right !"

Morocco needs desperately some civil society. Some ethics how to act in puplic spaces. Although modernity just started in Morocco it is no wonder why 90 % of the people still act like being on a village souk. I still wonder how long it will take how they learn how to exit and enter a train or a bus? They rush to the doors while the bus / train is even moving and just press into the entrance. It is completely crazy to see old women trying to exit the train while everybody just want to get a free seat as quickly as possible and just act very egocentric.
Old August 17th, 2010, 04:29 PM   #175
Ωρτimuş

Quote:
I traveled myself many times in those trains Z2M and newly refurbished Corail cars, but i dont see what you are talking about, all the new trains and railstations are well maintained, maybe you confused them with the old ones

And here below some pics that i took myself recently
so can you put the photos you've taken yourself to make a comparison?

Do you seen some of these train cars and railstations listed below (since you say that you traveled between Rabat and Fez) or are you juste lying ?
Last time i traveled to Fez i dont see the Z2M any more, but the refurbished Corail trains and the old ones

Are these seats looks like a damaged ones ???
(01/08/2010)

Here is the Railstation of Fez, are you sur that you took the train from here ?
and do you seen some damages or dirt or broken windows ?
(02/06/2010)

And here the Railstation of Rabat, any damages ?
(07/07/2010)

And here Tangier Railstation, so ?
(01/08/2010)

(all photos are mine except the video)

Last edited by Ωρτimuş; August 17th, 2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old August 17th, 2010, 05:44 PM   #176
Isek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ωρτimuş View Post
I traveled myself many times in those trains Z2M and newly refurbished corail cars but i dont see what you are talking about, all the new trains are well maintained, maybe you confused them with the old trains

Last time i travel to Fez i dont see the Z2M any more, but the refurbished corail trains and the old ones
Na, i traveled most times a double decker EMU Z2M. But anyway. There are newer and older ones - at least they look like well maintained and badly maintained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ωρτimuş View Post
Here is the Railstation of Fez, do you seen some damages here ?

And here the Railstation of Rabat, any damages ?

And here Tangier Railstation
That tiny rail stations in that major cities are kept clean with immense effort. In Fes there are at least constantly 3 service craft that clean the site. Which is rather small. Let's see how the new stations look in some years.

Overall i have the feeling that in Mediterranean countries things go crappy much faster. There is overall no difference between Spain, Southern Italy, Greece or Morocco. Streets, places, houses are built up nicely but turn ugly within few years.

Since Moroccan population is almost concentrated in several major cities it is very efficient to build up a efficient rail network. I think that infrastructure is ahead the people's mentality!
Old August 18th, 2010, 12:55 AM   #177
Tetwani
BANNED

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Since Moroccan population is almost concentrated in several major cities it is very efficient to build up a efficient rail network. I think that infrastructure is ahead the people's mentality!
People are dumb...not all of them but a big majority.

The main problem in Morocco is EDUCATION
Tetwani no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2010, 10:37 AM   #178
Isek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetwani View Post
People are dumb...not all of them but a big majority.

The main problem in Morocco is EDUCATION
But since there is this high fertility many young people will have no interest in learning everything because they will not be able to find a proper job anyway. There are two main goals for morocco: To maintain the economic growth and to reduce fertility.
Old August 18th, 2010, 04:46 PM   #179
Tetwani
BANNED

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
But since there is this high fertility many young people will have no interest in learning everything because they will not be able to find a proper job anyway. There are two main goals for morocco: To maintain the economic growth and to reduce fertility.
Which high fertility are you talking about?

Fertility in Morocco is medium and decreasing. In big cities it's already the same as in Western Europe.

The problem is the education system!
Tetwani no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 02:42 AM   #180
UAE_isthebest

Likes (Received): 38

Awesome station designs! Very modern, clean and beautiful Moroccan architecture style, love it! Looks like Maroc is going to have a one of the best railway systems in Africa! Something Egypt will never get