daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 21st, 2011, 09:36 AM   #81
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
Driving with fog lights on in the rain is UNSAFE and LACKS common sense.
That's what YOU say. There is no common sense. Italians and Belgians do not share your sentiment.

Quote:
I can think for myself. As long as I'm obeying the law, it is my god given right! I don't need anybody else to do the thinking for me. I may seek advice, but I still make my own decisions.
You afraid of the commies?

Last edited by g.spinoza; July 21st, 2011 at 09:44 AM.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2011, 11:07 AM   #82
bogdymol
bogdymod

Would you, or would you not turn on your back fog light during this conditions? [watch from 0:20]

later edit: it seems that it can't be viewed here. .

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2011, 11:21 AM   #83
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
That's what YOU say. There is no common sense. Italians and Belgians do not share your sentiment.

You afraid of the commies?
Italians and Belgians lack common sense on that subject. Why else would it be illegal in other countries?

No. But somehow you've hit the nail right on the head. They lack(ed) common sense, and communism didn't/doesn't work.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2011, 11:57 AM   #84
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
Italians and Belgians lack common sense on that subject.
Sure. You are the meter of all things.
I looked at you with interest, when you first came into this forum. Now I know that you're just another know-it-all who thinks that the world revolves around him and that what he thinks is right and the outside world is wrong.

Quote:
Why else would it be illegal in other countries?
Maybe because they lack common sense which Italy and Belgium has. But you cannot understand that, being so occupied looking at your own bellybutton.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2011, 02:26 PM   #85
Morjo

Likes (Received): 49

Well as everybody here would know headlights are a must in the rain. Headlights are also of benefit when driving in dawn and dusk too, because of poor visibility and sun glare if it's sunny. Headlights are a good safety tool on rural roads, as you can spot on-coming traffic much further in the distance, and this makes overtaking safer on single carriageway roads.

In Australia we're not taught when to use our headlights in regards to road safety, it's something you just learn on your own by being observant.

Last edited by Morjo; July 21st, 2011 at 02:55 PM.
Morjo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2011, 02:55 PM   #86
Glodenox

Likes (Received): 655

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Would you, or would you not turn on your back fog light during this conditions? [watch from 0:20]

later edit: it seems that it can't be viewed here. .
In those conditions, I'd say: headlights: most certainly, fog lights: not yet needed.

I only use the fog lights if it's so bad that I have to put the wind-shield wipers to the maximum speed.
Of course, when the traffic is dense, that may result in people seeing a lot of fog light and less of the environment, but that's usually only the case when you're in a queue, where speed is so low that it's still safe. I remember a bunch of situations where I was very happy that people were using their fog lights in very heavy rain and never had any complaints about fog lights. But that's my own common sense, I guess.

Greetings,
Glodenox
Old July 21st, 2011, 08:53 PM   #87
DanielFigFoz

Likes (Received): 894

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
]
I don't think so due to the glare
DanielFigFoz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 01:13 AM   #88
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
Sure. You are the meter of all things.
I looked at you with interest, when you first came into this forum. Now I know that you're just another know-it-all who thinks that the world revolves around him and that what he thinks is right and the outside world is wrong.

Maybe because they lack common sense which Italy and Belgium has. But you cannot understand that, being so occupied looking at your own bellybutton.
Can't win a discussion without resorting to personal insults, right?. Either way, by driving through Europe for a living, I have constructed my own opinion about behaviour and habits on the roads in several countries. And I stick by them, and so do my fully experienced colleagues, whether you like it or not. Thank you and goodbye.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote